• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

24 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yes. Great to see them looking like France again though, after being so crap for so long. Really want them to win this.

Definitely looking like same old France again....self-destructing

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Brutal elbow, lack of discipline will cost the French

If France win does he miss the rest of the tournament?

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Imagine so.

Probable 3 week ban.

I don’t follow the rugby all that much is bans in a time scale ie weeks rather than games? Or is it the same thing in the long run

4 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

I don’t follow the rugby all that much is bans in a time scale ie weeks rather than games? Or is it the same thing in the long run

Tends to be for a period of time.

Maroon Sailor

Getting to the panic stage for Wales

France have played well since going a man down

Edited by Maroon Sailor

15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Tends to be for a period of time.

So in theory 3 weeks in this scenario is two games potentially a semi and a final or maybe not!

Maroon Sailor

France will be kicking themselves. Missed kicks, sending off, not going for the easy drop goal

Better team lost

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

France will be kicking themselves. Missed kicks, sending off, not going for the easy drop goal

Better team lost

It seems to be a French trait in that they would rather improvise in favour of the easy option

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Better team lost

Better team lost in 2011 as well. And, indeed, in Wales v Australia and France v Argentina this year.

Vahaamahina is a disgrace. Medard is a ****ing donkey, hoofing it into the ingoal area over and over again. You can't miss kicks in the way Ntamack did, not taking drop goals when down to 14 beggars belief, and as for lining up at a scrum under the Welsh posts without a number 8? Clowns. Cretins. 

Like France in 2011, Wales did nothing to win. All they are is disciplined. They've been crap for much of the tournament and are awfully lucky to still be standing. 

8 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Don,t like to see a finely balanced game more or less decided by a red card.

Don't elbow someone in the face....

Lets see how this theory plays out this afternoon

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Better team lost in 2011 as well. And, indeed, in Wales v Australia and France v Argentina this year.

Vahaamahina is a disgrace. Medard is a ****ing donkey, hoofing it into the ingoal area over and over again. You can't miss kicks in the way Ntamack did, not taking drop goals when down to 14 beggars belief, and as for lining up at a scrum under the Welsh posts without a number 8? Clowns. Cretins. 

Like France in 2011, Wales did nothing to win. All they are is disciplined. They've been crap for much of the tournament and are awfully lucky to still be standing. 

New Zealand's dodgy penalty, conversion kicking might just lead to a very close encounter next Saturday.

Malinga the Swinga

The inconsistency of refereeing in this tournament is frustrating to watch, and it must be 10 times worse for coaches. Forward pass for Wales winning try allowed yet multiple instances of forward passes being called back. Scrum feeds and line out throws are never straight and ignored yet Japan gained directly from virtually the only call be referee, who reffed today's match, in order to get bonus point against Samoa.

Finally the red card situation. Hits with elbow and shoulders being rightly punished but that Irish thug yesterday clearly went in with elbow and shoulder on defenceless New Zealand player and was penalised but no card given at all from the media blessed best referee in the world. Similar when Irish guy stood on Scots players leg in first game and nothing done.

Remains to be seen just how much of an effect refs will have going forward.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Don't elbow someone in the face....

Lets see how this theory plays out this afternoon

Totally agree an absolute disgrace . He not only let his own team down but it detracts from the game also,.which is the point I was trying to make.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Irish thug yesterday clearly went in with elbow and shoulder on defenceless New Zealand player and was penalised but no card given at all from the media blessed best referee in the world.

He is the best referee in the world. He's achieved about a million more things in his career than you ever will. And his decision was correct.

That weeks later, you're unbelievably still bleating about Japan's bonus point v Samoa sums you up quite frankly. You are clinically incapable of taking any joy or seeing any good in any aspect of sport.

Welsh fullback spent the post match just shaking his head and blowing out his cheeks. No celebration. 

Better team won and France just threw it away.

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

He is the best referee in the world. He's achieved about a million more things in his career than you ever will. And his decision was correct.

That weeks later, you're unbelievably still bleating about Japan's bonus point v Samoa sums you up quite frankly. You are clinically incapable of taking any joy or seeing any good in any aspect of sport.

To be fair looking at that objectively it was a poor decision. Referees are now ignoring crooked feeds and I can,t remember the last time I saw a strike against the head.

40 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

To be fair looking at that objectively it was a poor decision. Referees are now ignoring crooked feeds and I can,t remember the last time I saw a strike against the head.

In football with VAR millimetres are enough to give offside. Which most people hate. 

VAR for passes maybe a different outcome today. But what do we want. (Apart from those who wanted Wales to get beat). 

Edited by Mikey1874

Brighton Jambo

I can’t remember in any sport wanting a team I have zero affiliation wanting a team to win more than I do Japan today.  Go on the blossoms 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Welsh fullback spent the post match just shaking his head and blowing out his cheeks. No celebration. 

Better team won and France just threw it away.

True but I’m delighted 

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

True but I’m delighted 

Same here. I'd be very pleased if there were another two fortunate wins for Wales.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

NZ v SA

Well d'uh. 

New Zealand: tournament favourites, but will have to play very well next week, which may leave them a bit short if they get through

South Africa: don't even have to produce their best next week, which should prove a huge advantage come the (presumed) final

England: could win one. Can't possibly win both

Wales: need a miracle

Springboks to win the thing. All Blacks clear favourites for the first semi, but that's where the surprise could come. As they often have in Rugby World Cup semi-finals. 

Quarter-final refereeing rankings?

1. Owens: very good

2. Garces: surprisingly good

3. Barnes: iffy (very iffy in many people's eyes)

4. Peyper: dreadful, and changed the outcome with his and his assistants' myopia

Edited by shaun.lawson

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Wales, man. Rugby World Cup semi and football European Championship semi in the space of three years. What are they doing that we can't figure out?

6 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Wales, man. Rugby World Cup semi and football European Championship semi in the space of three years. What are they doing that we can't figure out?

Happening to produce one of the best footballers in the world (which can happen to any country at any time) and getting ridiculously lucky? I don't think it's much more than that - albeit the WRU's faith in Gatland contrasted with the SRU's treatment of Cotter tells its own story. Gatland's record is incredible.

39 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Well d'uh. 

New Zealand: tournament favourites, but will have to play very well next week, which may leave them a bit short if they get through

South Africa: don't even have to produce their best next week, which should prove a huge advantage come the (presumed) final

England: could win one. Can't possibly win both

Wales: need a miracle

Springboks to win the thing. All Blacks clear favourites for the first semi, but that's where the surprise could come. As they often have in Rugby World Cup semi-finals. 

Quarter-final refereeing rankings?

1. Owens: very good

2. Garces: surprisingly good

3. Barnes: iffy (very iffy in many people's eyes)

4. Peyper: dreadful, and changed the outcome with his and his assistants' myopia

NZ will steamroller England. Wales, well, they should just go home now.