ri Alban

Captain Sausage

Almost completely our reserve XV. Brave decision by Townsend, but the right one for me. Russia have offered very little and I expect that team to get 5pts.

That said, a not dissimilar side lost to the USA last year...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

shaun.lawson
On 06/10/2019 at 07:28, jonnothejambo said:

They can't move it. Must be played same day. 2 points each.

On 06/10/2019 at 07:52, Barack said:

Nearest stadiums to Fukuoka are 110 & 160km's away. There're only 3 on Kyushu, the South Island. Nearest one on the mainland, is over 560km's away. 

The Japanese aren't likely to encourage fans to travel those distances at short notice, in Typhoon conditions, when the entire Southern half of Japan might be hit.

As you say, if it hits, it could be declared 0-0 draw and 2 points each. Them's the breaks. I heard it on 5Live too, Jonno.👍🏻

Pity 5 Live don't know what they're talking about then. And neither do either of you.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/07/typhoon-hagibis-threatens-ireland-key-rugby-world-cup-date-with-samoa

Farrell confirmed World Rugby had been in touch and that there are contingency plans in place to ensure the match goes ahead, which could even include moving venue.

I await your apology. :whistling:

Edited by shaun.lawson

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Pity 5 Live don't know what they're talking about then. And neither do either of you.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/07/typhoon-hagibis-threatens-ireland-key-rugby-world-cup-date-with-samoa

"Farrell confirmed World Rugby had been in touch and that there are contingency plans in place to ensure the match goes ahead, which could even include moving venue".

I await the apology with interest. :whistling: 

You denied there was even a hurricane on the horizon so not sure why you're due an apology 😂😂

shaun.lawson
55 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Almost completely our reserve XV. Brave decision by Townsend, but the right one for me. Russia have offered very little and I expect that team to get 5pts.

That said, a not dissimilar side lost to the USA last year...

It's not just the right choice. It's the only choice given the short turnaround. Scotland are fortunate in that their short turnaround involves the first game being against far and away the weakest side in the group. Not every team gets that luxury.

shaun.lawson
Just now, Taffin said:

You denied there was even a hurricane on the horizon so not sure why you're due an apology 😂😂

Basically, we're even. :laugh: 

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Basically, we're even. :laugh: 

2 points a piece...just like the Ireland Samoa game is going to be 😂👍

Edited by Taffin

11 hours ago, Barack said:

But, yeah...we'll have folk travelling around the county in Super Typhoon conditions, & all of the dangers that entails.

👍🏻

Screenshot_20191007-202110_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191007-202252_Chrome.jpg

Boo! Hurricane Haggis sounds better.

16 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The irony of ironies.....

:lol:

Typical Scotland, if there's a way to go out, we'll find .

Decent position to be in.

Took Ireland another 20 mins or so to get there bonus.

Just me or has only 1 Russian lineout been close to straight?

Rest at least 1 yard off straight.

23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Two consecutive nillings.   

Played now for nearly 3 hours without conceded points. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Not sure what they were saying on TV but my understanding is both disallowed tries should have stood. 

Ref got these wrong. Ball was thrown backwards. Ending up forwards isn't wrong. 

Another game being cheated. 

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Some win. Keeps the hope for Sunday.

Confidence from beating Samoa and Russia far more comfortably than Japan did too. 

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure what they were saying on TV but my understanding is both disallowed tries should have stood. 

Horne's was a good pass but I can see why it was given forwards. Bradbury was tackled when releasing so it didn't appear that his hands went backwards when making the pass. 

Hastings was overrunning the pass all the way. He had plenty of time to cool his jets and remove all doubt. However, the pass itself, leaving the hands, appeared to have been released backwards, with only momentum taking it forwards. It doesn't help that it was released on one side of the 22 line and then caught on the other, even though Hastings was reaching behind himself to catch it. 

Very nervous for Sunday. I don't think I can watch. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wales should stick a 20+ point margin win on Fiji here.

Annoyingly.

Everyone will be a little worried about the weather. Wales heading towards winning group and playing France but a cancellation at weekend changes that. 

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another game being cheated. 

That was my understanding too.

Matt Dawson saying same on 5L.

Organisers looking to put contingencies in place.

Japan Scotland may move to Monday if need be.

I think England France potential to move stadium.

Edited by DETTY29

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

That was my understanding too.

Matt Dawson saying same on 5L.

If Matt Dawson is saying something that favours the Scots, there must be something in it. A bigger xenophobe than even Gary Lineker ;)

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm being dense here, as I'm not very well today  and not looked at the table. How, sorry?

Last I checked, England were 2 points ahead of France with 3 BP's to their 1.

Genuinely asking here. Brain's fried.

So if game not played, although contingencies apparently being looked at if need be, both teams get 2 points and England will remain top and likely to play Australia, with Wales v. France.

Welsh backside piece commentator on 5L said Japan has been brilliant hosts and he'll be disappointed on Sunday as he expects Scotland to win.

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

I hope the Russian football team do not look to exact too much retribution.

8 tries to nil  v. 8 goals to nil.

Unlikely  however.....

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm being dense here, as I'm not very well today  and not looked at the table. How, sorry?

Last I checked, England were 2 points ahead of France with 3 BP's to their 1.

Genuinely asking here. Brain's fried.

England/ France play Australia/ Wales in Quarters. Winner plays runner-up.

Looking like Wales v France and Australia v England.

Assuming Wales and England win remaining matches. Wales have 2 games to play. 

I P Knightley

Wales making a bit of a meal of it. 

2 yellow cards each so far and a penalty try against Wales 'cos the ref's got pi55ed off with their niggling infringements. 

'mon the Fiji!

39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Rumours that Scotland v Japan will be getting moved location.

Or cancelled. 

That would beat refereeing decisions. 

Just now, Barack said:

Certainly would be a new exciting way for Scotland to fail to qualify in a Tournament.

Find it grimly humorous that it may well happen. 

Yeah

We can certainly top the stories for brave failures. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And see the hosts qualify - how very very convenient.

Sure the logistics will be made to be harder than they actually would be, funnily enough

1 minute ago, Barack said:

4am Thursday announcement by World Rugby.

Should be fun. :lol:

You couldn't make it up.

Playing a tournament during typhoon season, and no contingency for cancelled games.

Sure the SFA aren't organizing it?

1 minute ago, Barack said:

As I said to Shaun(whose apologies were much appreciated by the way) to make supporters/teams/anyone, travel in severe conditions, getting on now last minute, is unrealistic & unsafe. It costs too much money for the average punter who's paid thousands to be out there, to travel hundreds of kms & add food & accommodation to that. Those fans now look like being short-changed. But lives are more important obviously.

They could play it the next day, maybe two days later, meaning an obvious shorter turn-around. But, the local infrastructure around Japan may be damaged. You can't be expected to travel through floods etc. It's just a game at the end of the day.

Japan being given a bye in all but name, may not sit well with Scotland fans. But the wider media, public & most importantly, the IRB, will love it. A PR dream come true.

We'll see what they say. But I'm not holding out much hope of a positive solution.

Could only happen to us.

Must be built into our sporting DNA.

Still question what the decision would be if the roles were reversed?

7 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

I hope the Russian football team do not look to exact too much retribution.

I think 61-0 is unlikely but I'm not going to bet against it :lol: 

If they cancel either of them, surely it'll be England-France because both sides are already through? While moving Japan-Scotland to Monday?

This is the kind of comment a 6-year-old would make... but whenever I see the words Typhoon Hagibis, I keep reading it as Typhoon Haggis. 

Oh, and apologies to Barack and Jonno. 

Oh,

Edited by shaun.lawson

Decision on Scotland game deferred.

But they have cancelled Italy v New Zealand (knocking Italy out) and England v France.

So they are prepared to put Japan in Quarters. No games moved. Just cancelled. 

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

If they cancel either of them, surely it'll be England-France because both sides are already through? While moving Japan-Scotland to Monday?

This is the kind of comment a 6-year-old would make... but whenever I see the words Typhoon Hagibis, I keep reading it as Typhoon Haggis. 

Oh, and apologies to Barack and Jonno. 

Oh,

People are saying rules of tournament prevent games being changed to another day. 

Decision Sunday. Maybe realise the controversy. 

Edited by Mikey1874