• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

agree, that is why i have tipped SA to win the trophy. it is strange as even under pressure NZ normally find a way through

oooft off the post

You called it. 

Compare the studio punditry to Mikey and Thommo...or open all mics...

Yes, I know we'd get a better class of pundit at a football world cup - Strachan, Lennon, any other ex-Old Firm moron excepted - but that doesn't help my comparison.

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Compare the studio punditry to Mikey and Thommo...or open all mics...

Yes, I know we'd get a better class of pundit at a football world cup - Strachan, Lennon, any other ex-Old Firm moron excepted - but that doesn't help my comparison.

Wilkinson is the Michael Owen of rugby punditry. Boring. Andy Nicol is a Scottish uncle Tom. 

18 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Wilkinson is the Michael Owen of rugby punditry. Boring. Andy Nicol is a Scottish uncle Tom. 

Wilkinson may be boring but he knows his stuff and can get it across well.

Not sure what you mean about Nicol...

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Wilkinson may be boring but he knows his stuff and can get it across well.

Not sure what you mean about Nicol...

Nicol is one of those Scots that give me the cringe. I'm a bit biased as heard a story about him and he was an arrogant pr&£#. I find Wilkinson hard to listen to because of his boring lispy voice. 

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Nicol is one of those Scots that give me the cringe. I'm a bit biased as heard a story about him and he was an arrogant pr&£#. I find Wilkinson hard to listen to because of his boring lispy voice. 

I missed the NZ v SA game. Tell me that prick Inverdale isn't involved. Please!

Edited by ri Alban

3 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

love the rugby world cup

just wish it was on BBC as the ITV commentators are mince

We should have our own commentary, 

Get Peter Wright to host it, calling everyone c****s and asking them outside for a fight. 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Refs will be working to some degree of consistency.

Early signs are yellow cards might be less frequent. 

And that offside no longer exists. And that blatant forward passes magically aren't forward when they're short offloads. And that as ever, key players from 'major' nations are somehow able to convince the ref that they are, in fact, human hovercraft at rucks and mauls, when everyone else can see they're off their feet. An ominous start to the tournament from a refereeing point of view. The ref actually has a bigger influence on a rugby match than a football match - it's just that they're not normally all this bad.

New Zealand-South Africa was quite a strange game beyond that. Boks all over them for 20 minutes; then helpless as the Champs turned on the afterburners... then back on top for long spells. Yet the contest lacked the edge which only comes with sudden death; both sides were keeping something up their sleeves for later, I think.

Edited by shaun.lawson

All roads lead to Gorgie

That was never a grounding for Ireland's second try but Scotland are all over the place which is hugely disappointing if not unexpected!:(

Malinga the Swinga

Is know it is early into game, I know we have made mistakes, but ffs, is Wayne Barns wearing Ireland top or does he simply not like Scotland. First try came from a line out that the Irish guy had to reach behind him to take yet he allows play to continue and second from penalty advantage when he allowed Ireland to do exactly the same before whimpering 'first man, first man''. 

Every other ref has been invisible whilst we have a guy who wants to commentate. Let's hope things improve.

Is that Wayne Barnes the ref? Can't stand that erse. The Willie Collum of rugby.

*just seen Malinga confirm it is indeed that attention seeking tosser.

Edited by neilnunb

Wayne Barnes is a ****ing dick.

How the **** did Rory Best have that ball under control coming out of the back of his hand and Ryan Wilson with two hands on it?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Not just the ref but lady luck is with the Irish. Our defense is paper thin, soft as ****

Malinga the Swinga

Punt anywhere up the park means we concede 5 metre scrum. GT made major error in picking Seymour when Gray was the form choice. . Absolutely pathetic defending from Scotland. 

We pick Glasgow players when they should never be playing, and are so out of form it isn't true. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Why do we have only one man chasing kicks? the second bounce always goes to an Irish player.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Starting to think we will be lucky to beat Samoa now and Japan will be favourites when we play them.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Starting to think we will be lucky to beat Samoa now and Japan will be favourites when we play them.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

FFS did nae ***** see Best standing on Taylor's knee there?

Rory Best is classed as an Irish legend therefore rules do not apply and he can do whatever he wants.

we will beat Samoa and Japan.

Malinga the Swinga

Spotted that pass going forward Barnes, but we are so scatty it defies belief. GT is obsessed with this 100 miles and hour attack which only works 1 in 5 games. He has no plan B and plan A is ropey as ****.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

We’re trying to play a game that we don’t quite have the players to achieve. 

We’ve been doing that for a decade now it seems. :(

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Spotted that pass going forward Barnes, 

The prick called for it before it'd even left the Scottish boy's hand 🤣

Malinga the Swinga

Hopefully Watson not seriously injured as Edinburgh need him. Can't be bothered with Jonny Gray as he is simply not dynamic enough  and yet he is constantly picked over more deserving players. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Rory Best is classed as an Irish legend therefore rules do not apply and he can do whatever he wants.

we will beat Samoa and Japan.

The fast attacking game can beat Japan but I can see it being close and a high scoring game. Our poor defense near our own line will have to improve against the bigger Samoans but pace in the backs are hopefully enough to see us through that game. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

For me Vern Cotter should still be the head coach. SRU panicked when Townsend threatened to go elsewhere.

This with bells and whistles. 

Townsends cluesless.