Protest Meggetland

Official_AB

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

About a click south of Tynecastle close to the water of leith delta. You could be coming in on a hot LZ.

Its war...

Air support, the oot brigade have the advantage. 

Queen Ann has naval superiority tho. 

Interesting, the War is on a knife edge 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• sadj

• Beast Boy

• been here before

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Every war has it collaterol damage.

And this is a war on the club.

I'd love one of our photoshop experts to edit a Call of Duty cover :laugh:

Hearts at War.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

About a click south of Tynecastle close to the water of leith delta. You could be coming in on a hot LZ.

Its war...

Am going with an apache helicopter blasting War by Edwin Starr. Seems more fitting. 

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Very much this. They won’t give a feck as it won’t be directed at them. It’s not going to emotionally scar them and ruin their career. Footballers view things so differently from fans, the fact it’s their job gives them a very different perspective. 

For those asking what this will achieve.

The aim will highlight the fact that the fans are unhappy with Craig Levein still be employed as head coach and would like a change.

A protest is is merely a manner to raise the profile of this cause, in a manner that will be pretty visible to the club and her in particular.

People can argue over the effectiveness of the protest. However, it’s difficult to the doubt people protesting are trying to lead a positive change for hearts, they are arguably misguided in their methods. 

There is is no evil intent against hearts by those who want to protest, it’s just born out of a desire to try and improve things. In reality, as long as every one behaves, no harm comes from these sort of things. 

Some fans will have voiced opinion. Up to AB if she takes these things into consideration. 

Absolutely.

I hope they don't tie the Levein Out banner up anywhere. Nothing too traumatic.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

"At war with the club"

:rofl:

At a time when there is some amount of shite being posted it takes some effort to stand out as uber shite but thats just nailed it.

So this "protest" at a game of reserve players infront of a crowd of perhaps several dozen, which both Ann Budge and Levein are unlikely to be at, has the OP mentioned  where he 'heard' this yet?

Desperate stuff really.

Oh aye and "at war with the club"  :rofl:

6D101A85-65F6-4AD4-9B90-F8FE4F7EAFD9.jpeg

4120B188-F3A1-4C9E-8EFB-25BD2C51250A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Plank said:

Is this a 2pm kick off?

Might nip along and watch the game. Happy they have moved these games along the road from me. 🙂

Five minute  or so walk for me as well. Based on some of the comments on here it might be better to give it a miss. As an aside who are we playing.

Glad to see so many fans are taking action to get rid of this clown and make 'Queen' Ann wake up. Too many folk on here with their head in the sand and admin with their heads firmly up the clubs arse - the club is spiralling out of control, and won't stop spiralling with Levein"s stranglehold 

Mid Calder Jambo
24 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

I find it incredible that people on here are questioning the right of fans to make a protest against the perceived failure of those in charge

where were you all when Romanov was in charge, or indeed when Robinson was about? Were you not all doing exactly what you’re trying to stop some of from doing??  The world exists outside of here and in the real world, there are lots of fans who are unhappy. Just because it doesn’t fit in with your agendas, don’t try to make light of the issues at hand.

Absolutely spot on there.

Stephen Muddie
5 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Five minute  or so walk for me as well. Based on some of the comments on here it might be better to give it a miss. As an aside who are we playing.

Dunfermline Athletic. 

For clarity - I agree with protesting I just don't trust the trumpets amongst our support not to go too far. We shall see.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Never underestimate the power of the grey and bald army :laugh2:

Ftfy

1 hour ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Does anyone actually believe the youngsters would be suffering at a protest about Levein and the first team? 

I'd imagine they'd be having a chuckle amongst themselves.

Doubtful it would affect them , any chuckling would be along the lines of jesus christ - lunatics. 

3 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Are people not in work at 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon 🤔

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The Vlad hat kickers never seem to have an issue getting annual leave!

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Most people, except the perma-tracksuited, permanently seething and indignant ones. They've clearly got nothing more productive to do than scream at young people and a manager with a heart condition who won't break under their barrage.

Seems like a zero-sum game to me. But each to their own 😉

:fonzie:

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The difference is Craig will still smash a few of them if they they tried that. 

They'd go crying to the police. 

Both spot on!!!!

40 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

I find it incredible that people on here are questioning the right of fans to make a protest against the perceived failure of those in charge

where were you all when Romanov was in charge, or indeed when Robinson was about? Were you not all doing exactly what you’re trying to stop some of from doing??  The world exists outside of here and in the real world, there are lots of fans who are unhappy. Just because it doesn’t fit in with your agendas, don’t try to make light of the issues at hand.

Totally agree. Also, lets not kid ourselves that our reserve team is full of youngsters. With the amount of dross levein has signed it is bound to be full of senior pro’s

Does the JJ news not make people sit back and think??  Going out their way to abuse somebody, and if he was to shout over "******* ram it up your hole, ya pr1cks"  You'd be going off your rocker - yet happy to abuse him 24/7.

54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’d be surprised at anyone getting removed from office just prior to a cup quarter final, barring some sort of humiliation on Sunday. 

Me too. Problem is, it should have been done before now. After the Hamilton game was a good opportunity. Groundhog Day all this talk of the next two games etc !

1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Main thing that sticks out about this plan for me is that we just witnessed a group of nutters trying to storm the fecking front doors on Sat - at a SPL game there are plenty stewards and fuzz to deal with that. What would they have done if they'd got inside???

What happens today if some go too far? 999 Emergency... I can see the Sun headline now. "Police called to Hearts Reserve match as furious fans STORM technical area..."

FWIW, I don't think CL will attend if he gets wind of this. He'd be daft to IMO. It won't be safe. 

In case it wasn't clear by my insinuations above - I don't trust a portion of our support not to disgrace the club today.

Could not agree more. What sticks out for me on top of that; was that many of us predicted that there would be a certain ‘element’ to the protest. How anyone with even one functioning neurone could not figure out that the guys who have a problem with the club for a completely separate issue would be involved, I’ll never know.

When this was brought up in the run up to the protest, a few were very quick and very vocal about “assuring” everyone that the protest would be just “ordinary fans who wanted a change” because they were unhappy at the football side of things. When it was pointed out that there was not a chance this would be the case, the same posters got very defensive and a little abusive in their defence of the protest.

When the protest went ahead, there was abuse of personal nature and songs that had no place at a protest about football management. There was an attempt to storm the reception, and there was a presence of those who want a change at the club for reasons other than the football being played. When this was pointed out, certain posters got seriously angry and uttered furious platitudes about not being able to police who turned up. 

Now some are trying raise a rabble at a youth match at ****ing Meggetland... 

See if folk can’t see the dangers of this path they are going down, then they should maybe sit down for a bit and calm their mind, before cracking on with it. Alternatively don’t get so angry and defensive when people try and point out reasons as to why this might not be the best way to go about things.

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Does the JJ news not make people sit back and think??  Going out their way to abuse somebody, and if he was to shout over "******* ram it up your hole, ya pr1cks"  You'd be going off your rocker - yet happy to abuse him 24/7.

100% this!

Hopefully Craig will just laugh at the wee fuds chanting “Speccy, Speccy GTF” 

On a more serious note, the fact our manager only a year ago had a heart attack and the news of JJ would make most normal people with a bit of humility about them sit back and think. It’s a strange breed around Tynecastle these days.

8 minutes ago, Chris#9 said:

Totally agree. Also, lets not kid ourselves that our reserve team is full of youngsters. With the amount of dross levein has signed it is bound to be full of senior pro’s

Not convinced by that but the team will be announced soon. 

been here before

War or no war I'll probably slide along for a while.

Stay safe everyone.

#bestrong

Edited by been here before

42 minutes ago, Locky said:

Protesting at a reserve game at 2 o'clock on a Tuesday afternoon.

Get a ****ing job. :rofl:

Whilst I’ll not be there today, I have a job and finished at 10am this morning.

not everyone who can attend this is on the dole, not everyone works in shitty offices doing mundane sales calls etc.

theres a whole array of jobs outside the 9-5 

Good point about Romanov BTW. 

Where were these people then? Shitting it. 

Is it because our club is run by a female she is seen as an easy target? 

Levein has had his time and has to go but the vitriol directed at him and Ann is downright disgusting and not befitting a Hearts supporter. 

6 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

100% this!

On a more serious note, the fact our manager only a year ago had a heart attack and the news of JJ would make most normal people with a bit of humility about them sit back and think. It’s a strange breed around Tynecastle these days.

Totally this.

2 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Most people, except the perma-tracksuited, permanently seething and indignant ones. They've clearly got nothing more productive to do than scream at young people and a manager with a heart condition who won't break under their barrage.

Seems like a zero-sum game to me. But each to their own 😉

:fonzie:

This 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

100% this!

Most people do have humility.

Let’s not turn things upside down where a vocal minority are seen as the majority. I appreciate that is not what people are saying but, going by some posts, it would appear that way to an outsider.

Saturday was muted in general. There was more apathy than anger when you look at the support as a whole.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Let’s not turn things upside down where a vocal minority are seen as the majority. I appreciate that is not what people are saying but, going by some posts, it would appear that way to an outsider.

Saturday was muted in general. There was more apathy than anger when you look at the support as a whole.

How quickly some have forgotten Craig's heart attack and seem happy to put more pressure on him

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

How quickly some have forgotten Craig's heart attack and seem happy to put more pressure on him

If he's not fit enough to do the job then no one would hold it against him for stepping down.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

To be fair. He has been cleared  by medical professionals to continue with his job.

He has been under pressure for some time now. Not the fans fault.

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He has brought this extra pressure on himself.

Blaming the fans FFS

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Havent got time to sift through but if Ann Budge is not in attendance, zero point, in fact the opposite, he will only dig his heels in further.

Totally counter productive

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Some would say he's brought all the pressure on himself, his refusal to stand down and continually saying he can fix things when he clearly can't.

been here before
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Havent got time to sift through but if Ann Budge is not in attendance, zero point, in fact the opposite, he will only dig his heels in further.

Totally counter productive

"Its a war against the club" though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Got to be honest, don't ever remember him doing anything other than sympathise with the fans frustrations.

Some "fans" need sacked.

Saturday night I was up for his removal, now I'm kind of thinking I don't want to be associated with seething idiots

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Saturday night I was up for his removal, now I'm kind of thinking I don't want to be associated with seething idiots

:spoton:

highlandjambo3
31 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Why would you think that attending or supporting a protest is about abusing someone?  Before you post, read back your answer and ask yourself is “my answer opinion or fact”...........your reply should be interesting.

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If his health is an issue he should not be in post. Wish absolutely no harm or ill-health on him but he needs to go. To suggest protests against his management should not happen because he had a heart attack is frankly ridiculous

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Why would you think that attending or supporting a protest is about abusing someone?  

Because that’s what happened at the last one? 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got to be honest, don't ever remember him doing anything other than sympathise with the fans frustrations.

Some "fans" need sacked.

Correct and yet some still tell us he 'blamed' the fans when he did not...bunch of Trumps

It should have been ten
14 minutes ago, Boab said:

Fair enough bud 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

See the usual suspects are out. Give it a few days when things die down then in with their snidey remarks in defence of their poster boy. 

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Why would you think that attending or supporting a protest is about abusing someone?  Before you post, read back your answer and ask yourself is “my answer opinion or fact”...........your reply should be interesting.

Depends what the chants are saying 

aslong as no abusive / bad language or name calling then it might be acceptable  

It should have been ten
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Some "fans" need sacked.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Correct and yet some still tell us he 'blamed' the fans when he did not...bunch of Trumps

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Because that’s what happened at the last one? 🤷🏻‍♂️

You weren’t there. You were in the pub laughing at 50 neds in tracksuits. 

2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

See the usual suspects are out. Give it a few days when things die down then in with their snidey remarks in defence of their poster boy. 

What a snide post, Hercules. :( 

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

You weren’t there. You were in the pub laughing at 50 neds in tracksuits. 

He didn’t need to be there. There’s plenty videos going about 🤦🏻‍♂️