Protest Meggetland

Official_AB

44 minutes ago, redm said:

Oh ffs. Get a grip. Stomping about Meggetland and disrupting the players during a match is the most ridiculously self-indulgent "look at me" idea ever. 

Some people enjoy the opportunity to get angry and shout at people way too much.

Spot on.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• sadj

• Beast Boy

• been here before

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Darkwhisky7 said:

Not the way to do it guys. Save it for a Saturday (or god forbid, Sunday).

And preferably after backing the team during the game .

44 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Let's put the Laddies off. Total roasters in the support nowadays.

They’ll need to get used to booing at some point.

Good to see the over the top posters and fan base are going to do something

Total waste of time and effort of course and will only bring bad publicity to our club but who cares..they don't.

Stephen Muddie
52 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Are people not in work at 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon 🤔

Most people, except the perma-tracksuited, permanently seething and indignant ones. They've clearly got nothing more productive to do than scream at young people and a manager with a heart condition who won't break under their barrage.

Seems like a zero-sum game to me. But each to their own 😉

:fonzie:

Edited by Stephen Muddie

10 minutes ago, The Crack Fox said:

😂 We are unbelievable. So what 10% of the fan base still support Levein? Some suggest actively doing something about getting him out of the club like protests, boycotts etc. and we get "support the team" "it's not helpful to the players" etc, personal abuse and snide insinuations that these people don't work. 

Wake up folks, as long as we keep being good boys and girls, turning up, buying tickets, buying merchandise, buying food and drink, Budge is happy regardless of how poor the team is. Remember when fourth place wasn't good enough? Her words not mine. 

Fair enough if you don't agree with protests but I won't critise anyone who feels they need to do something (within the law) to change our current situation. No need for the abuse of those who do protest. 

Have to agree with this. If people think posting on kickback actually changes anything then they are mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have to agree with this. If people think posting on kickback actually changes anything then they are mistaken.

I don’t think so either. It’s only a place to debate. People will act in whichever way they like if this continues. Protests take on many forms. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A reserve game? :rofl:

Feck me! Next they'll be over the bridge to camp on his lawn a la Pieman!

You’ve just given them an idea. 🙄

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

FFS - just support the team. 

He’s not going before the derby - this pish doesn’t help.

Anything that helps to get him out the door.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

We are bottom of the league and for almost a full calendar year have performed at relegation standard. 300/400 protested at the main entrance to the club and as of yet the club haven’t even responded. As it stands now, we are at war with the club who don’t seem to care what we think. Good on the guys going. Get him out. 

War, war with the club... 

That's Johnson brexit type talk. 

Absolute apple splatters of a post. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Good experience for developing players to experience an anti-Levein hostile environment, especially as a few will no doubt be chucked into the starting line up next Wed.

Funny, but somehow true. 

Yip

1 hour ago, redm said:

Oh ffs. Get a grip. Stomping about Meggetland and disrupting the players during a match is the most ridiculously self-indulgent "look at me" idea ever. 

Some people enjoy the opportunity to get angry and shout at people way too much.

Yip

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Let's put the Laddies off. Total roasters in the support nowadays.

Yip

1 hour ago, Darkwhisky7 said:

Not the way to do it guys. Save it for a Saturday (or god forbid, Sunday).

Yip, after the games. 

If results continue the protests will get bigger. 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

have to agree with this one - this is not the time or place for a protest - and will end up just being a few neds who don't work who go anyway to shout abuse

Nedist? 🙄

I remember a thread a while back, we’re talking during Vald days, when a “supporter” (hibs troll) tried to get us to bring kazoos into the game. He said he had a few boxes full but you were welcome to bring your own. 

Believe and act on what you read on SM at your own peril.

Edited by westbow
Typo

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You’ve just given them an idea. 🙄

The difference is Craig will still smash a few of them if they they tried that. 

They'd go crying to the police. 

48 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This must be the “getting messy” that folk were on about on the other thread. :(

Please be careful not to criticise the protestors if they chant personal abuse or all turn up in tracksuits though. There’ll be hell to pay on here afterwards.

If they are abusive, they will hopefully be banned anyway

Wash out more of the neds from our support so good idea

We play hibs next weekend ffs, a hibs with the worst goal difference in the league. If there's one week where everyone needs to just suck it up for a few days, this is it. If you feel the same after the derby, then protest, but in the days leading up to a hibs game??

Not in favour of this, but the supporters are being ignored.

Bottom of league, shocking run of results, Chants at games, protests behind stands, every form of social media has a huge majority against him, Hearts men in the media having a go etc etc, what do we get ........" I will fix it"

We are way past the time Levein could be sacked/resigned quietly so to speak.

It is now going to needlesly get messy/ugly.

The club have brought this on themselves by their non action.

No one can deny that the majority want him removed and removed now.

It is only going to get worse and to blame the fans is wrong, the hierarchy at the club are solely to blame.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Not in favour of this, but the supporters are being ignored.

Bottom of league, shocking run of results, Chants at games, protests behind stands, every form of social media has a huge majority against him, Hearts men in the media having a go etc etc, what do we get ........" I will fix it"

We are way past the time Levein could be sacked/resigned quietly so to speak.

It is now going to needlesly get messy/ugly.

The club have brought this on themselves by their non action.

No one can deny that the majority want him removed and removed now.

It is only going to get worse and to blame the fans is wrong, the hierarchy at the club are solely to blame.

the fans should still behave like adults though

1 hour ago, been here before said:

"At war with the club"

:rofl:

At a time when there is some amount of shite being posted it takes some effort to stand out as uber shite but thats just nailed it.

So this "protest" at a game of reserve players infront of a crowd of perhaps several dozen, which both Ann Budge and Levein are unlikely to be at, has the OP mentioned  where he 'heard' this yet?

Desperate stuff really.

Oh aye and "at war with the club"  :rofl:

You continue to w*nk yourself into oblivion about a header Levein scored in 86 whilst ignoring the fact that your hero is running the club into the championship. He had the start of the season to fix it, he hasn’t and now the club are just down right ignoring its paying public. Good on the guys for taking the time out their life’s to keep the pressure up on the club. He has to go now. 

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

the fans should still behave like adults though

Correct.

Adults can protest.

Against name calling etc but all in favour of protests.

If the protests/polls etc get ignored it will start to get ugly/messy, that is how these things go unfortunately.

It can all be stopped with leadership from Ann.

Again to clarify, I am against personal attacks, name calling, but I'm all for using peaceful means to get rid off Levein.

Stephen Muddie
22 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m already looking forward to the pictures and videos.....

Main thing that sticks out about this plan for me is that we just witnessed a group of nutters trying to storm the fecking front doors on Sat - at a SPL game there are plenty stewards and fuzz to deal with that. What would they have done if they'd got inside???

What happens today if some go too far? 999 Emergency... I can see the Sun headline now. "Police called to Hearts Reserve match as furious fans STORM technical area..."

FWIW, I don't think CL will attend if he gets wind of this. He'd be daft to IMO. It won't be safe. 

In case it wasn't clear by my insinuations above - I don't trust a portion of our support not to disgrace the club today.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

I hope the folk on here advocating the protest have the courage of their convictions and take a half day from work or school and dont leave others hung out to dry

5 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Main thing that sticks out about this plan for me is that we just witnessed a group of nutters trying to storm the fecking front doors on Sat - at a SPL game there are plenty stewards and fuzz to deal with that. What would they have done if they'd got inside???

What happens today if some go too far? 999 Emergency... I can see the Sun headline now. "Police called to Hearts Reserve match as furious fans STORM technical area..."

FWIW, I don't think CL will attend if he gets wind of this. He'd be daft to IMO. It won't be safe. 

In case it wasn't clear by my insinuations above - I don't trust a portion of our support not to disgrace the club today.

You should get a job with The S*n !

A few guys took umbrage at a nutcracker at the window and surged forward.

This !!

Stephen Muddie
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

You should get a job with The S*n !

A few guys took umbrage at a nutcracker at the window and surged forward.

Oh Okay... I have been busy since Sat and didn't totally check all the videos. Glad it wasn't as serious as it was made out. The way it was presented was exactly that - fans trying to get in the doors. I don't understand the relevance of nutcracker seethe though mate?

Stephen Muddie
Just now, Noah Claypole said:

Surely school teachers have a duty of care here.

There's me thinking schoolteachers were by and large sociopaths too...

@Boab I think I get it. Autocorrected "nutter" to "nutcracker"?

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The difference is Craig will still smash a few of them if they they tried that. 

They'd go crying to the police. 

Might be safer for CL to stay away tbh. He should really be concentrating on first team duties; getting on with the day job. Not quite sure what he's doing attending reserve games anyway; it's not as if he picks players based on form or fitness. I'm sure one of his myriad coaches can report back to him. Very lucky to be still be at the club but it's increasingly likely that this time next week he won't.

4 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

There's me thinking schoolteachers were by and large sociopaths too...

@Boab I think I get it. Autocorrected "nutter" to "nutcracker"?

Probably the much maligned groomers as well.

Please make all the fuss stop. 

2 hours ago, redm said:

While it’s not for me, I have no problem with others peacefully protesting at a Reserve match, particularly if it helps even slightly to effect change. Can’t imagine there will be many there though as surely the vast majority of fans will be working.

Does anyone actually believe the youngsters would be suffering at a protest about Levein and the first team? 

I'd imagine they'd be having a chuckle amongst themselves.

Whits disrupting the young laddies gonnae achieve, other than unnerving them for the next few weeks when they get launched into first team unexpectedly. 

Protest Tynie. There's a nice wee area right outside our nice new stand that's ideal. 

been here before
43 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You continue to w*nk yourself into oblivion about a header Levein scored in 86 whilst ignoring the fact that your hero is running the club into the championship. He had the start of the season to fix it, he hasn’t and now the club are just down right ignoring its paying public. Good on the guys for taking the time out their life’s to keep the pressure up on the club. He has to go now. 

Its war man, war.

You going to be there or just blowing the cyber bugle online to rally the troops?

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, The Crack Fox said:

😂 We are unbelievable. So what 10% of the fan base still support Levein? Some suggest actively doing something about getting him out of the club like protests, boycotts etc. and we get "support the team" "it's not helpful to the players" etc, personal abuse and snide insinuations that these people don't work. 

Wake up folks, as long as we keep being good boys and girls, turning up, buying tickets, buying merchandise, buying food and drink, Budge is happy regardless of how poor the team is. Remember when fourth place wasn't good enough? Her words not mine. 

Fair enough if you don't agree with protests but I won't critise anyone who feels they need to do something (within the law) to change our current situation. No need for the abuse of those who do protest. 

This is where I am, each to their own and a protest (legal) is fine if that’s what people want to do.  It is not aimed at the players training, reserves, friendly games etc and, I’d imagine none of the protesters will be haggling anyone, unless of course CL or first team coaches are present.  This is a general consensus of where the team are and how we feel about it, will it make a difference, well yes (imo) every little helps, small cogs make up part of the big wheel etc and, it will certainly feedback to everyone not present.  Alternative???  Bash your key boards. 

29 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Might be safer for CL to stay away tbh. He should really be concentrating on first team duties; getting on with the day job. Not quite sure what he's doing attending reserve games anyway; it's not as if he picks players based on form or fitness. I'm sure one of his myriad coaches can report back to him. Very lucky to be still be at the club but it's increasingly likely that this time next week he won't.

I’d be surprised at anyone getting removed from office just prior to a cup quarter final, barring some sort of humiliation on Sunday. 

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its war man, war.

You going to be there or just blowing the cyber bugle online to rally the troops?

Am currently trying to organise the plane. You got the coordinates for the reserve game, can’t see them post online. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Am currently trying to organise the plane. You got the coordinates for the reserve game, can’t see them post online. 

About a click south of Tynecastle close to the water of leith delta. You could be coming in on a hot LZ.

Its war...

William Wallace

I find it incredible that people on here are questioning the right of fans to make a protest against the perceived failure of those in charge

where were you all when Romanov was in charge, or indeed when Robinson was about? Were you not all doing exactly what you’re trying to stop some of from doing??  The world exists outside of here and in the real world, there are lots of fans who are unhappy. Just because it doesn’t fit in with your agendas, don’t try to make light of the issues at hand.

been here before
32 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Does anyone actually believe the youngsters would be suffering at a protest about Levein and the first team? 

I'd imagine they'd be having a chuckle amongst themselves.

Every war has it collaterol damage.

And this is a war on the club.