Reserves v Dunfermline

Maroon Sailor

scott herbertson
Just now, PB21 said:

Probably why he isn't as involved at first team level as so many people think he should be.  He hasn't set world alight at many reserve games from various reports so why would he make step up

Wishful thinking

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Jambo 4 Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hibs joining Aberdeen and the Cheeks in a mini league with the progressive Brentford and Huddersfield. Interesting move, Brentford very forward thinking club

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:facepalm:

no need in the face palm - I'm sure Im not the only one who didn't know who "Parky" referred to!

it was like they were his mate by saying that instead of just saying Donald Park

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

no need in the face palm - I'm sure Im not the only one who didn't know who "Parky" referred to!

it was like they were his mate by saying that instead of just saying Donald Park

Parky was how he was referred to like Robbo or the Wee man.

Most Hearts fans know them by that.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Parky was how he was referred to like Robbo or the Wee man.

Most Hearts fans know them by that.

I would argue - fans of a certain age - but not all fans!

Which is why the facepalm comes across as arrogant and rude

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I never said all fans so why would you argue ?

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Connor Smith on for Euan Henderson

Wasn't Henderson day. Nothing came off for him

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Just getting in the way of young Connors development. One has a good chance, one hasn't. Montrose fans were glad to get rid!

26 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Probably why he isn't as involved at first team level as so many people think he should be.  He hasn't set world alight at many reserve games from various reports so why would he make step up

Exactly, yet to impress in any game I have attended. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

First 20 mins or so played more left sided but improved a bit when moved more central but aye it wasnt happening today.

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Just getting in the way of young Connors development. One has a good chance, one hasn't. Montrose fans were glad to get rid!

Connor Smith plays 90 minutes every week for Cowdenbeath (and will be training with them later today).

Just being managed here. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Connor Smith plays 90 minutes every week for Cowdenbeath (and will be training with them later today).

Just being managed here. 

Hopefully you are right

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Never seen anything like enough from Moore or Henderson. When Currie first came on the go I thought he had a chance, a lot of these kids are going to drift down and away, it is all about finding a level

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hopefully you are right

Yes

Chris Hamilton would normally play every Reserve game but also 'rested' today after another 90 minutes plus training for Cowdenbeath. 

2-2

Don't know what the keeper was doing there. In no man's land - guy rounds him and slots in to an empty net

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

2-2. Mason caught in no mans land. Dunf laddie rounded him and slotted in from an angle.

Been training too much with Doyle and Zlamal

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

2-2

Don't know what the keeper was doing there. In no man's land - guy rounds him and slots in to an empty net

He will be in good company at training. What does the GK coach get paid for?

18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Arrogant and rude?  :rofl: 

You think that was arrogant and rude?

11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

no - you didn't

Morgan did.

Did I?  Really?

Be a good chap and quote it, so I can see what I didn’t write.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Arrogant and rude?  :rofl: 

You think that was arrogant and rude?

Did I?  Really?

Be a good chap and quote it, so I can see what I didn’t write.

you implied it

what was the reason for the face palm then?

Just now, Natural Orders said:

you implied it

what was the reason for the face palm then?

Because words would have been wasted.

17 minutes ago, been here before said:

2-2. Mason caught in no mans land. Dunf laddie rounded him and slotted in from an angle.

What's the story with Harry Stone ? I thought he looked good for the Colts v Cowdenbeath in the Tunnocks cup game at Linlithgow.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts Reserves Results this season 

Hearts 3-1 St Mirren 

Queen of the South 1-3 Hearts

Hearts 3-1 St Mirren (Cup)

Hearts 3-2 Dunfermline 

Kirk In

No real stand outs today. Ritchie looks tidy in midfield. Petrov a bit slack at the back. Bozi probably the pick of the bunch

Anyone who was at the game think that Keena is ready for a starting slot in the first 11?

Hes always on the scoresheet for the reserves and has a touch of arrogance in his interviews. 

5 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Kirk In

He certainly seems to have what it takes to make the step up, eventually.  Rankin also, apparently. 

Daly & Fox don't seem to garner such praise or respect though 

3 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Anyone who was at the game think that Keena is ready for a starting slot in the first 11?

Hes always on the scoresheet for the reserves and has a touch of arrogance in his interviews. 

I think he'll start on Sunday.

Wasn't in the game that much - maybe told to hold it back a bit

Edited by Maroon Sailor

2 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Probably is now that Washington is ******* for 3 months and Naismith is going to be fit this week then its the next week then its next week and so on.

3 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

He certainly seems to have what it takes to make the step up, eventually.  Rankin also, apparently. 

Daly & Fox don't seem to garner such praise or respect though 

I went to watch a few games at Oriam last year and was impressed with him & Rankin. 

Honestly would rather go with them than McCann, Hartley etc.

If McCann is desperate to get in then why not give him reserves and promote Kirk. Still cheap & reckon would be accepted by most. 

The Apprentice
52 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You really need to have a word with yourself.  Not everything is a personal attack on you so quit the constant whining. 

been here before

Decent game. The boys never really looked troubled. Id have Keena in or around a starting place on Sunday. He came off with about 25 mins to go so thats maybe a sign.

Bozanic OK and Morrison was always busy. On another day he might have bagged a couple. One great shot the goalie done well to get to, one where he should have hit it first time but took a touch and another where he hit it first time but took a touch. 

Lewis Moore.muat be due another run soiner rather than later but big Petkov at the back... deary me... hardly inspires confidence. He looked a couple of yards off it all afternoon.

I thought it was a pretty average performance.

Very slack in central defence leading to a few chances that the Pars failed to convert.

Hearts had their own chances with their keeper making a few good blocks most notably from Morrison, Moore, Currie and Smith but Hearts strikers always seemed to be on the back foot when the rebounds came their way.

The first penalty for a foul on Sandison looked a bit soft but the second was a stone waller for a trip on Keena. Both were converted well.

Keiran Mitchell (ex Hearts striker) took his goal well for Pars second equaliser, but it was made all the easier by Mason rashly coming off his line and Mitchell had the pace and ability to take the ball wide of the keeper and slot it home.

Currie took his goal neatly after good work from Watson.

There were no stand outs for Hearts and probably only Morrison and Smith coming on as sub played well enough to suggest that they might be pushing for a start later in the season.

16 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

You really need to have a word with yourself.  Not everything is a personal attack on you so quit the constant whining. 

so why else would he put the facepalm on my post?

been here before
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I thought it was a pretty average performance.

Very slack in central defence leading to a few chances that the Pars failed to convert.

Hearts had their own chances with their keeper making a few good blocks most notably from Morrison, Moore, Currie and Smith but Hearts strikers always seemed to be on the back foot when the rebounds came their way.

The first penalty for a foul on Sandison looked a bit soft but the second was a stone waller for a trip on Keena. Both were converted well.

Keiran Mitchell (ex Hearts striker) took his goal well for Pars second equaliser, but it was made all the easier by Mason rashly coming off his line and Mitchell had the pace and ability to take the ball wide of the keeper and slot it home.

Currie took his goal neatly after good work from Watson.

There were no stand outs for Hearts and probably only Morrison and Smith coming on as sub played well enough to suggest that they might be pushing for a start later in the season.

FF you obviously see a lot more of the reserves etc than the rest of us so can I ask about Leo Watson who cam on as a sub. Was that his debut or something?

I was right behind the 'bench' as it were and there were an awful lot of "good luck Leo" and "all the best Leo" from the players and management as he was waiting to go on. No-one else seemed to get that.

Edited by been here before