Levein ‘not burying his head in the sand’

MattyK82

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Our side when fully fit has decent players to choose from. 

Can you please explain that statement? I know we made a good start last year but what makes you think that things can get back to that situation? Is it purely based on ... well that is what happened last time we had a fully fit best pick team? If so for get it, he has shown he cannot get the new players he found to go out and put on a good show.

There are too many who would cling to the hope that when we get for example Naismith back he is going to walk on water and our troubles be over.. what is the rational for that?? Simply it happened before? If it was just about having good players according to your rational we would be doing fine now because we have fit players who you say CL brought in because they are good... nothing much happening there is there? Oh wait they are all injured ... so CL is not the problem after all... great all we need is for him to get more of these great players in!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Boab

• The Real Maroonblood

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Can you please explain that statement? I know we made a good start last year but what makes you think that things can get back to that situation? Is it purely based on ... well that is what happened last time we had a fully fit best pick team? If so for get it, he has shown he cannot get the new players he found to go out and put on a good show.

There are too many who would cling to the hope that when we get for example Naismith back he is going to walk on water and our troubles be over.. what is the rational for that?? Simply it happened before? If it was just about having good players according to your rational we would be doing fine now because we have fit players who you say CL brought in because they are good... nothing much happening there is there? Oh wait they are all injured ... so CL is not the problem after all... great all we need is for him to get more of these great players in!

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

Naismith, Smith, Washington, Walker, Damour, Whelan, Souttar and Meshino are/ will be decent at our level 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No disrespect intended but I think you’ve lost you’re grip. Our form over a sustained period of time is quite simply horrendous. There is also some sort of mismanagement or poor treatment/fitness throughout the squad which leads to a steady one or two injuries a game. Anybody who thinks all these injuries are bad luck is barking mad. Anybody who doesn’t expect the pattern with injuries to continue is the same.

I was talking about going forward  with said players under CL or under a new man. 

I have zero worries about relegation. 

I am confident of a top 6.

Not so confident of top 4 atm. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was talking about going forward  with said players under CL or under a new man. 

With our injury record I'm not so sure.

Something not right there.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

Naismith, Smith, Washington, Walker, Damour, Whelan, Souttar and Meshino are/ will be decent at our level 

But without them we are shite and should not bother turning up? CL appears to be totally unable to get what players he has playing decent football... who's fault is that? He brought in the players and yet ha has no plan whatsoever for for injuries occurring? You must be the happiest clapper out the bud!!

Brauhauser2012
45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No disrespect intended but I think you’ve lost you’re grip. Our form over a sustained period of time is quite simply horrendous. There is also some sort of mismanagement or poor treatment/fitness throughout the squad which leads to a steady one or two injuries a game. Anybody who thinks all these injuries are bad luck is barking mad. Anybody who doesn’t expect the pattern with injuries to continue is the same.

Agreed. Its a repeating pattern. 

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

Yeah no doubt, but there’s no excuse for being the worst team in the league over the past year other than poor management.. 

49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

And Halkett.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

And Halkett.

Defo, I was concentrating on our newish players who were a off match fit or injured currently. 

Subtlety. 😭

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

But without them we are shite and should not bother turning up? CL appears to be totally unable to get what players he has playing decent football... who's fault is that? He brought in the players and yet ha has no plan whatsoever for for injuries occurring? You must be the happiest clapper out the bud!!

Mate, your off on one. 

I have not backed CL at all. 

I just think we'll get better under him or someone else, somebody asked why. 

I answered. 

I think we need a change, but no matter what I think we'll get better. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Defo, I was concentrating on our newish players who were a off match fit or injured currently. 

Subtlety. 😭

I thought it was just a list of our above average SPL players.

😉

If Levein is right he must be burying Hearts Premiership place in the sand. His record in the league is the worst I can remember. Why would Levein stay in a job he is useless at ?

Power, money or ego it's certainly not for the good of Hearts.

6 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

He says his head isnt in the sand and that fans are over reacting after 5 games. It's not 5 games though. This is the third season he's been in charge and apart from the winning spell at the start of last season, weve been garbage to watch, with abysmal results. 

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but based on a league table from last october, we would be bottom! He doesn't seem to get that though. He's had plenty of chances to put things right and failed every time. 

Screenshot_20190917-135432_Facebook.jpg

Just the 52 points behind Celtic then despite being 7 points clear of them at one stage iirc

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wonder how many people on here would pack their job in, if someone who had never done that job, suggested that they were shit at it.

I know I wouldn't. 

So regardless of whether he is or not.

Why would he? Not certain that is arrogant,  but wanting to do better. 

If he doesn't then I'm sure someone else who doesn't know much about his job will relieve him of it. 

Are there any other professions outside of sport that operate this way?

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder how many people on here would pack their job in, if someone who had never done that job, suggested that they were shit at it.

I know I wouldn't. 

If he doesn't then I'm sure someone else who doesn't know much about his job will relieve him of it. 

Aye but if you were manager of the club you loved apparently and you looked at the form over the last 6 months would you still kid yourself on?????? 

Totally different to a normal job where most of us don't give a toss about the firm we work for 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Aye but if you were manager of the club you loved apparently and you looked at the form over the last 6 months would you still kid yourself on?????? 

Totally different to a normal job where most of us don't give a toss about the firm we work for 

I think you answered that yourself .

Surely harder to walk away from something you love. 

No?

What makes me really sad , and mad, is that after everything us supporters have put into this club in the past 5-6 years both emotionally and financially we get to the stage now were we get this ! A terrible manager taking us down faster than any other in our history and an owner who’s legacy should be set in stone and risking it all by standing by and watching it. Car crash.

we do not deserve this.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

For being a snide wee arsehole when I was calling for Levein to be punted last season. 

Since you you have completely changed your tune. 

Nah, I'll alway give a manager time. 

Always back the team. 

I'll give the new manager time as well. 

I'm not an emotional, irrational, lavering mess that gets jollies from calling folk wee arseholes and being right about our manager (and team) failing. 

Franksluckypants
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Always back the team. 

I'm not an emotional, irrational, lavering mess that gets jollies from calling folk wee arseholes and being right about our manager (and team) failing. 

Agreed, particularly on your second, third and fourth points, though your initial point is for me is on a sliding scale - how much time do you give a manager, that has clearly been failing for a considerable while...I tend to be closer to Phil D on that one.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I know I wouldn't. 

:cornette:

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I know I wouldn't. 

Pretty much what my wife was  paid to do on an annual  basis. They got called in , they got measured against their objectives and the poor performers left. Or got sacked. 

PS CL is being measured against his own failures as described by AB. It's not difficult. 

The only reason Cl is not burying his head in the sand, is that it is too far up his own erse! May have ben stated before, not read full thread.

7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you answered that yourself .

Surely harder to walk away from something you love. 

No?

Never, If i could see the hurt and suffering i was causing around me and I'd walk no question Giro 

4 hours ago, Jambothump said:

The only reason Cl is not burying his head in the sand, is that it is too far up his own erse! May have ben stated before, not read full thread.

Think we all thought that.  Alternatively, on Dr Budge's lap being stroked.

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I know I wouldn't. 

Not his decision to make surely ?

He has a boss, we have a boss, you’re shit, you’re gone.

I don’t know another club that are operating like us now, never mind another sport.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Never, If i could see the hurt and suffering i was causing around me and I'd walk no question Giro 

In this particular situation at Hearts, surely Ann and Craig have to have that awkward conversation. At best they would agree that Craig would step down from Head Coach and remain as DoF - then appoint a new Head Coach and hope to **** it works!

The above would be hugely contentious but they may get away with it if they appoint a decent Head Coach and we start climbing the table. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In this particular situation at Hearts, surely Ann and Craig have to have that awkward conversation. At best they would agree that Craig would step down from Head Coach and remain as DoF - then appoint a new Head Coach and hope to **** it works!

The above would be hugely contentious but they may get away with it if they appoint a decent Head Coach and we start climbing the table. 

Being a director certainly complicates matters and for all we know may already have saved him.

Not many people resign in football these days though 

He’ll never resign. Too stubborn and blind. I think he genuinely believes he can get this fixed and turn it around. That’s how deluded he has became. 

As for AB , she is in serious danger of getting it both barrels as well from the support should things continue as they are for the next few weeks.  Can only the supporters see this shambles ? Utterly baffling that we have had nothing from her after saturdays scenes.

the millions of pounds we have all poured into this club to see the 2 of them sit back and accept the slide back to the championship.

players look lost and bewildered , fans have turned and are desperately wanting him and his coaches to go while there’s a bit of dignity left.

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I have massive fears about relegation under Levein 

our record over the last 12 months is bottom of the league 

Top 6 is simply a failure we should be 4th at worst 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Always back the team. 

Just as I thought. 

Always has to be right, can’t stomach the fact that he was wrong. 

17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

When will we ever get these guys fit at the same time? 

The way our injuries happen and especially the way they are treated the answer to that is never. 

32 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I don't think he'll resign because it would mean less money for him.  

I doubt he’ll resign without a package. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt he’ll resign without a package. 

Off course he'll be due a package but it'll be less if he does the decent thing.  If it comes to the stage of he walks or he is pushed, it'll be up to him to show he loves the club as much some fans claim.  

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He loves the club that much he'll go for nothing. 

He might but it would be unusual. I wonder how many of our previous managers left without a package, unless their contract was up?

15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I know I wouldn't. 

Aye your GM will sack a chef despite never having boiled an egg in their life.

Apparently I'm the only Hearts fan in kickback land that would actually like to see the club handle this situation with some sort of class . The club are looking for the next manager , relax ! It won't happen before the derby but for me that's the right thing to happen I'd take Levein in any derby .... what do you want him to say in the press nah it's all ****ed and I'm shit and hearts will never win a game again ? 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

When will we ever get these guys fit at the same time? 

The way our injuries happen and especially the way they are treated the answer to that is never. 

Yip, it's ****ing brutal.