Levein ‘not burying his head in the sand’

MattyK82

Please feel free to merge with one of the other many Levein threads. 

Lost for words after reading this tbh.

looks like he’s going nowhere. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-manager-craig-levein-i-m-not-burying-my-head-in-sand-and-i-believe-i-can-turn-club-around-1-5005308

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Boab

• The Real Maroonblood

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is turning into a complete prick of a man who people are going to start hating very very soon. 

Edited by rick witter

Basically he ain't leaving until we are marooned at the bottom of the league.Im sorry but that's too late and makes us a less attractive prospect for a new manager to come in.

3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Basically saying he's not leaving.

I think he's saying that in 6 weeks we will be mid table and if we are not he will go then. In other words after the first round of fixtures and the Betfred QF. However it will put his successor in a worse place in my opinion and further diminish his legacy. He's lucky he is playing the worst Hibs team for years so he'd better win that. But he probably won't but say the same rubbish about his confidence in his own ability etc after the game. What a blinkered man.

He’s finally putting a timescale on it.  He’s been told he’s got six weeks to turn it around.  I genuinely think we could lose our next six games though and season will be over before the new manger has a chance to turn things around

Well looks like he’s been given the next two games to me. Certainly hope he wins them both. 

As I have said a few times since Saturday, last weekend was the watershed moment for me. I can’t see him turning this around now. However, I’m damned if I’m not backing the whole team against Hibs and then Aberdeen in League Cup. That would be the same whoever was managing them.

As for “hating” him... Jesus. Some folk need to actually think about what they post. 

He’s not entirely wrong that 2 or 3 wins in a row starting with Hibs would launch us right up the table, he’s just not the person that’s going to achieve that.

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Well looks like he’s been given the next two games to me. Certainly hope he wins them both. 

As I have said a few times since Saturday, last weekend was the watershed moment for me. I can’t see him turning this around now. However, I’m damned if I’m not backing the whole team against Hibs and then Aberdeen in League Cup. That would be the same whoever was managing them.

As for “hating” him... Jesus. Some folk need to actually think about what they post. 

Obviously the team will be backed in the games it would be stupid not to. 

But saying what he says he is just showing utter contempt to the fans. He does realise this form has been going on for over a year and he hasn’t been able to fix it. How the hell will he fix it in the next 2 games FFS!!! 

Just get him to **** now while we can still save the season. Should never have came to this. 

Edited by rick witter

He's had what is very easy opening home fixtures to the start of this season. He has failed to win any of them. This against two sides who finished bottom 6 last time out, and newly promoted Ross County. 

All three sides who's records at Tynecastle have been practically non existent. 

The football has been woefully dire  to boot in all three games too. 

My apologies Craig, but what we are seeing on the playing front, is the absolute most you are getting from this group of players, regardless of how much you change personnel or tactics. 

You have had more than enough time to turn it around now. You have heard the voices, you have seen the protests. 

Regardless of what happens, win lose or draw on Sunday. Please just call time on your reign at Heart of Midlothian. 

He’s lost all sense of reality. 

No question now who the owner of Hearts is. 

Unfortunately this is going to get ugly as we get this guy out. 

Just sounds like he is trying to convince himself more than anyone else. 

Rambling, pointless, waffle that says nothing. Nothing concrete, just blind optimism that a team that has won 4 league games in 2019 will suddenly start climbing the table. 

I will support the team - they are a decent bunch imo - but Levein needs to step aside. 

30 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I think he's saying that in 6 weeks we will be mid table and if we are not he will go then. In other words after the first round of fixtures and the Betfred QF. However it will put his successor in a worse place in my opinion and further diminish his legacy. He's lucky he is playing the worst Hibs team for years so he'd better win that. But he probably won't but say the same rubbish about his confidence in his own ability etc after the game. What a blinkered man.

And then it will be the next 6 weeks after that.

Ann Budge needs to show she’s in charge here but I think there’s only one person who rules Tynecastle and it ain’t her.

he really is bombproof.

Just the usual weekly rant from Levein. Talks about the players but nothing about him and his "coaching/motivation team". Things are heading to an uglier phase and he just doesn't get it. Even "if" we get a result against Hibs and Aberdeen, the fans are finished with him.

So basically he could have us rock bottom, given Hibs a massive boost by winning a derby and out the cup... but he might not he might turn it around but hey ho if he can’t he’ll just leave... get him out now for ****s sake!

Problem is he seems to have such a big ego that he thinks he’s the only person who can get us out of the situation we find ourselves in. What he fails to understand that he is the one who has got us into this mess in the first place!  No point in blaming the players, he is the manager and the buck stops with him. 

Do the decent thing, Craig, and resign. It really is time for you to go and if you can’t see that then you’re delusional. 

Its staggering that he talks as if the problem is this season alone, and he is never challenged by any 'reporter' re the problem going back at best, 11 months, but even before that, the positive run we went on was only a couple of months.....the style, the lack of being excited or desire to watch us goes back to his appointment after Cathro and indeed his appointment of Cathro...the football is stone age....

The problem isnt and has never been about season 19/20....its deep rooted for almost 3 years now....

Im deflated reading his ramblings...what would he have to say re his record overall being absolutely pathetic and one of the worst in our proud history? We dont know because nobody asks him point blank 😧😩

The sixth game of the league looks like being the Sacked Manager Derby.

I want to ask Levein, How do you change this?  You've had time.  You had two weeks where you could take the players away without the pressure of a game to play and do something with them to build confidence.  I don't think it's all confidence; the players don't look like they're together as a team.

Time is up.  It's dire.

****ing Groundhog Day.

It is beyond clear that he is a megalomaniac and that the only person who can put an end to this is Budge. If she isn't prepared to then she too needs to consider her position and hand over to someone who is prepared to make the difficult decisions that are sometimes required at a football club.

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-manager-craig-levein-i-m-not-burying-my-head-in-sand-and-i-believe-i-can-turn-club-around-1-5005308

The man’s arrogance is astounding!!  As I keep saying he will not go easily and it looks like he has Budge under his thumb!

This is going to get messy!!

How can he believe in what he's doing ?

It's a total shambles. Can't find a goalscorer or more to the point does not set up to create chances for the strikers, strange starting line-ups, players out of position, defensive frailties, goalkeepers that couldn't save stamps. All this on the back of no league win since March.

35 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don't think that there is any doubt that if he loses the games against Hibs and Aberdeen he will be gone. The constant drip of poor results and poor performances can't continue and I am pretty sure that Ann Budge wil have told him that. The pity is that he hadn't gone back to being DoF at the end of last season and brought in a new head coach then. Hindsight is a great thing though.

46 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Jam tomorrow.

Can only hope this is a last minute plea to save his job which will be refused later today...but I doubt it.

ITK?

39 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’m with you on that one - as usual the team will get my full backing for 90 minutes - I support the team NOT Levein!

As for the “hate” thing following your team is a highly emotional journey, and having Hearts at the bottom of the league certainly brings out all the emotions of fans. Not condoning it but that’s the way it is.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

I couldn’t even read it all. 

I’m starting to dislike the man. 

I don’t want it to happen but we’re going to have to get ugly and drive him out. 

Hes not going to go easily either. 

No DOF either, nothing. 

Out. 

Another 6 weeks? Oh well what’s 6 weeks when we’ve been the worst team in the league for a year 😂

He’s been in the job long enough to know how this plays out?  Better get his hard hat out then. This feels like trying to get Chris Robinson out of the club.

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m with you on that one - as usual the team will get my full backing for 90 minutes - I support the team NOT Levein!

As for the “hate” thing following your team is a highly emotional journey, and having Hearts at the bottom of the league certainly brings out all the emotions of fans. Not condoning it but that’s the way it is.

Agree  you here.

I can even see a situation that if (and it's a big if) we win on Sunday, I can see the fans still turning on him at the end of the game.

18Jambo_dave74

Totally and utterly deluded.

Quite simply Budge is putting her friendship with him above the best interests of the club. He isn’t “bomb proof” apparently. 

jack D and coke
Just now, i8hibsh said:

You believe it Craig, her ladyship believes you but an entire fan base does not. Fans count for shit under Budge.

Mate I’ve thought you were being over the top a lot but I can’t disagree with you anymore. 

Ann Budge is now the problem. 

brunoatemyhamster

" In six weeks time we'll be talking again". 

If I win the Euro millions, I PROMISE that won't be happening. 

Six weeks? Dundee United might be above us at this rate ffs. 

The last bit was spot on. “ I’m basically saying the same thing over and over again “, yes you are, Craig. You’re taking the piss. Not out of me i’m afraid. I’ll go to St Mirren as i’ve already bought my ticket but will hang off re. Killie onwards.

Don’t think i’ll be alone.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Mate I’ve thought you were being over the top a lot but I can’t disagree with you anymore. 

Ann Budge is now the problem. 

Said it over the past few days that she has now reached her sell by date.  We all have one and hers is now well past.

Edited by Mid Calder Jambo

I just can’t fathom his thinking here. He knows he’s lost the fans.

The players aren’t  performing with any confidence, a large part of that comes from the management.

We can’t beat bottom 6 teams at home. In fact, not only can we not beat them, we’ve been lucky to avoid defeats (RC and Hamilton).  I won’t even start on our record against top 6 teams. 

We have been on an absolute Barron run since that game at Murrayfield last October.  A relegation form run. 

He genuinely seems to think his failed management will suddenly bear fruit, starting at Easter Road on Sunday. We may well get something from that game given how equally terrible hibs are. However, a result changes nothing. He’s had ample time and resources to change the fortunes of the team and has failed miserably.  

He is showing worrying signs of delusion.

Time to go Craig. And has been for a long time. 

The longer this farce goes on, the more damage will be done to the club both in the short and long term. 

Edited by MattyK82