Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• AJAMBO

• martoon

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1874_and_proud

Get well soon JJ, true Hearts Legend. Gave me the best day of my life in 98 and a gentleman through and through. Met him at the 98 reunion at Murrayfield last year, lovely guy. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🙏

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Report says he had the problem today but says he was sitting up having tea and toast last night? I take it they mean tonight. 

Horrible scare.

That's the evening news for you... 🙄

Really hope he's okay 

Get well soon JJ.

You made my dreams come true on that glorious  sunny day in May  98,  when you brought the cup back to Gorgie. 

Edited by maroonlegions

Hope he recovers soon, an absolute Hearts legend. I love hearing the old players speak about him in those Simon Ferry Interviews. 

I also love the clip of him in his 2nd spell as manager, we beat Celtic 2-0 at tynecastle and he was sent to the stand, (i think) He is in the enclosure at the front of the old main stand, the hearts song is ringing round the stadium and he is standing among the fans singing along. That sums him up, a proper Hearts man.

Still remember the day he was appointed back in '95 and as a wee bookworm Jambo, it was was of the fondest days I have had as a Hearts fan, excited by what was to come.....what a time to watch The Hearts under JJ back then culminating in you know what 😍

All the best Boss ☺🙂🙄

wattie exploited

in the sun Jim has had a serious hearts attack and stopped breathing hope you gets through this get well Jim your a legend mate 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49719501

Former Hearts player and manager Jim Jefferies is recovering after suffering a heart attack.

The 68-year-old took unwell on Monday morning and was taken to hospital.

In 1998 he led Hearts to their first Scottish Cup triumph in 32 years, as they defeated Rangers 2-1 at Celtic Park.

His last post in management was at Dunfermline Athletic and he has also had spells in charge of Bradford City, Falkirk and Kilmarnock.

Keep fighting Jim and best wishes from us all

Edited by CJGJ

Get well soon Jim. An all time hero for 98 and one of the greatest Hearts men there is. Show all the fighting spirit you are known for and what you did for the Hearts fans in 98, you gave us one of the best days of our lives and a dream come true. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

in the sun Jim has had a serious hearts attack and stopped breathing hope you gets through this get well Jim your a legend mate 

There is already a thread.

Get well soon Jim. Hope you make a full recovery. I've met the legend several times, the first in 1980 on mascot duty when he led me out the tunnel as Captain and the latest last year at the 20th anniversary celebration of that great day in May 1998. He is a Hearts legend and an absolute gentleman.  

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49719501

Former Hearts player and manager Jim Jefferies is recovering after suffering a heart attack.

The 68-year-old took unwell on Monday morning and was taken to hospital.

In 1998 he led Hearts to their first Scottish Cup triumph in 32 years, as they defeated Rangers 2-1 at Celtic Park.

His last post in management was at Dunfermline Athletic and he has also had spells in charge of Bradford City, Falkirk and Kilmarnock.

Jim Jefferies is recovering  --- The positive words I want to read

I remember when Tommy McLean got the gig at Hearts - I wasn't too happy about it and a colleague at the time was having a go at me saying who would I have instead. Straight away I said Jim Jefferies and followed it up by saying Hearts would win a trophy under him. He didn't take me seriously, but I meant it.

Hope he is alright and makes a good recovery.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to JJ