Smells You Like or That Trigger Memories.

been here before

Sawdust Caesar
17 hours ago, maroongoals said:

Tripe,  My mother cooked it, worst smell ever

Agreed. There used to be an offal butcher in Duke Street which I passed on my way to/from school. I would hold my breath and run past the place and only breathe again when at least 20/30 yards past the shop.

On 17/09/2019 at 10:34, Psychedelicropcircle said:

A good quality two stroke oil lingers in a street long after 👃🏾 

I miss the smell of my Polaris snowmolbile's 600 two-stroke synthetic engine oil - sold it a few years ago and got a 900 4-stroke.  Anyway, the Polaris oil smelled like strawberries.

Going back a good few yrs, I used to love the washed smell of my gran's stair in Dalmeny Street, when folks took it in turns to wash the steps, and the wee lock up half way up where someone always kept a bike.  Reminds me of the old days when everybody seemed to know each other in the stair.

8 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

The smell comes when the bread's been toasted, so it's toast you're smelling.

Yes, but it's bread you put in. The smell comes quite quick, so it's still bread until it's toasted.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Yes, but it's bread you put in. The smell comes quite quick, so it's still bread until it's toasted.

Some people like their toast very pale, should someone be telling them they're just eating hot bread? 

At what point during the process does the bread become toast?  

Here is a picture of bread at different stages of toasting as an aid.

sliced-white-bread-toast-different-260nw

Vosene, reminds me of the Commy in my youth, buying a wee sachet for the shower.

Tobacco smell when opening a new packet of fags, god I miss smoking.

Craig Gordons Gloves

The smell of boiled cabbage and turnips makes me ill after my mum spent my childhood thinking the best way to keep us all healthy was to have cabbage with every ******* meal, which was then boiled to within an inch of its life.

On the positive - the smell of the breweries really triggers memories of Tynie in the Autumn smirr and the smell of Samsara perfume reminds me of when my wife and i started seeing each other way back in the early 90s.  She's not worn it for years but if i ever smell it, it's a real happy memory trigger. (i should point out that we're still very happily married and i don't need this smell to maintain that :))