When it comes to the club choosing a new manager.

Gambo

When the club come to choose a new manager  

366 members have voted

1. 1. When the club come to choose a new manager, would you prefer

• An appointment from within with Levein as D.o.F.?
    • An appointment with a Hearts connection with Levein as D.o.F. ie Robbo, McCann, Pressley, Hartley, Sergio etc?
    • An appointment with Hearts connection (as above) but no Levein as D.o.F.?
    • Get rid of Levein completely and advertise the job?

A reboot needed without him. MacPhee has DoF qualities given his football business success and connections. So he moves to there, and Hearts find a new manager with no previous Hearts connections and new first team coaches.

Edited by kila

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I want Sergio because he is an astute manager and all the players will know the roles they have to play, not because of any connection.

SpruceBringsteen
4 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

There isn’t a single person good enough to manage this club that has a connection to Hearts.

I don't know why this needs to be said so often, but it does. 

Hampden Demolition
5 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I don't know why this needs to be said so often, but it does. 

I am getting sick of people saying the same names.

McCann - not good enough

Robbo - not good enough

Paulo - not good enough 

Hartley - not good enough

Locke, Johnston, Naysmith, Pressley, Jefferies all the same.

Just now, Jodami said:

I do think Robinson is the guy we should be approaching after we pay Levein off. 

Why? 

His team lost to us a few weeks ago at home. 

I'm not saying he wouldn't do a better job but i think we can do better than that. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

After my previous post I must add that I would still advertise the job. We've got to go for the best possible candidate. If we go for McCann or Robbo with Levein as DOF I'll not be happy.

Levein as DOF doesn't bother me. He's done good work behind the scenes to the benefit of the club. 

BUT that is only on the basis that the manager coming in is given 100% control of the team. Neilson apparently had full control over players in and out. Levein just done the actual deals. I have no problem with that.

What I really want is Sergio back. Levein can take the DOF role as long as I get that I'm happy.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Levein as DOF doesn't bother me. He's done good work behind the scenes to the benefit of the club. 

BUT that is only on the basis that the manager coming in is given 100% control of the team. Neilson apparently had full control over players in and out. Levein just done the actual deals. I have no problem with that.

What I really want is Sergio back. Levein can take the DOF role as long as I get that I'm happy.

He's improved the youth set-up and employed Robbie Neilson. That's all he's done.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

The size of club we are and with the potential we have, we should be to looking to advertise and go for for the best qualifed candidate that applies.

There is currently nobody (including Levein) at the club capable of managing Hearts. It has to be an outsider in touch with modern football and the ways of the modern footballer. 

Forget Hearts connections and sentimentality, Just choose the best guy for the job! 

47 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

There isn’t a single person good enough to manage this club that has a connection to Hearts.

yeah agree time for a fresh start

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He's improved the youth set-up and employed Robbie Neilson. That's all he's done.

So as DOF he's done nothing wrong then?

8 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Why? 

His team lost to us a few weeks ago at home. 

I'm not saying he wouldn't do a better job but i think we can do better than that. 

Knows the league, is familiar with looking at players in the wage bracket we can attract, has brought through young players who have been sold for actual fees and he would definitely take the job. Lessons certainly learned from the League Cup defeat on Saturday, they should have hammered us and I am sure all of us would take pumping the vermin 3-0 at home! 

**** the sentiment.  We just need a quality manager who can work with a great squad (which we have) and not fear anyone.  

Our best days are ahead of us.  Ann can fix this and all will be forgiven.

Guest ToqueJambo
52 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

JJ and Robbo are not good enough based on what? Or Neilson?

Or if Scottish Hearts connections with good coaching experience aren't your thing how about others? Takis Fyssis? Jankauskis? Aidy Boothroyd? Stephane Adam? Thomas Flogel? It's been said loads of times but most of our best times have been delivered by managers with a previous Hearts connection.

Not a Hearts connection but is Darren Fletcher interested in management? Seems a good sort.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

As it says, when it comes to the club choosing a new manager, how would you prefer we went about it?

We have a real problem TBH, which is why I'd really hoped Levein could get it together...I cannot think when Budge and the Board asked him to be manager they thought for a moment that it could go so poorly...How can we retain a DOF who has to decide the performance of the manager who has replaced him?  

Unless we tweak things so that Levein only looks after Academy, and the guy on the Women's side does that bit, and the new manager is solely responsible for the first team, I cannot see how it can work...even then the relationship between Academy and First team squad would have to be more formalised.

This really is a mess...

Edited by Spellczech

the Hearts way
44 minutes ago, Barack said:

Where's the 5th option?

Should the next poster who starts a Poll, be either strung up by their foreskin (boobs are acceptable, if a woman)from the Main Stand? Or, self-flagellate themselves on the Hearts Crest in the Plaza, in penitence.

Wtf are you all all about? 

57 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Ian-Cathro-740611.jpg

That's more like it 😅

However, when Cathro was appointed many on here, me included, thought it would be a great appointment. He is a great coach behind the scenes on the training pitch, just doesn't have it as top boss. Shame but it's not the first and it won't be the last. As it is for all teams.

Off the pitch it can't be denied both Ann and Craig have been amazing for our club. Our current finances should have us pissing 3rd place and we have only just started.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Barack said:

Where's the 5th option?

Should the next poster who starts a Poll, be either strung up by their foreskin (boobs are acceptable, if a woman)from the Main Stand? Or, self-flagellate themselves on the Hearts Crest in the Plaza, in penitence.

I'm not doing that again. 

Barely got away from the cops last time. 

Bazzas right boot

Ironically the only ex Hearts man that has connections to the club and  may be good enough, going on recent history... Is Robbie. 😂😂😂😂😂

Irony will be slapping some folk on the face multiple times atm. 

As Czech says, it's a mess atm

Getting rid of all the mgt team as well as being costly, may cause other issues within the playing team. 

Keeping CL in any capacity will not appease certain folk and make Ann look weak. 

CL as DoF, but with strict specifications, new man, new coaching team? 

New man, same coaching team? 

Puting in an interim team of the likes of Locke, MaCann etc gives me the fear. 

That is not a long term fix either and could have issues with the players and future transfers

Macphee as DoF, not sure. What manager of worth will work under him? 

Do we keep the DoF? 

If a new manager stamps his authority, do we get a Clarke like response or go all Terry Butcher? 

CL stays but he's involved, sack / amend the duties of Daly etc. 

What a cluster ****. 

All this and we're bottom of the league with a derby on Sunday. 

I never even voted because I'm ****ed if I know anymore. 

5 hours ago, Bauld said:

So as DOF he's done nothing wrong then?

Eh.....he appointed Cathro!

None of the above.

CL to move to just Academy business.

AM to stay in a coaching team.

Chuck Daly and Fox.

Get a high profile Manager and Assistant in. (Easier said than done)

avhudtheteeshirt

Much as I like Levien, its time to get in a new manager, but we must keep our Academy intact as it does appear to be working well!

How we keep everything in place is difficult, as a new manager has his own ideas on how things are done?

With all the media attention on Budge/Levien partnership, it will make it hard to bring in a new manager with Levien still there in any capacity?

None of the above....

I think there is still a role for Levein to play behind the scenes... but not the full DofF role he had before.

A new manager should be sought out before Levein relinquishes the job, as I don’t think putting any of the current team in interim charge will benefit anyone. A statement saying that we are actively looking for applicants and Levein will move on when a new appointment is made should satisfy most fans in the short term. Whoever the new manager is can decide which of the coaching team he keeps or removes. It doesn’t matter if the new person has a Hearts connection or not, it should be the best person for the job.

Leveins opportunity to ‘stay’ in a DOF role is gone tbh. If he’d stepped back in the summer there would have been little to no resistance but the negative feeling against him is far too strong now. 

16 hours ago, Bauld said:

That's more like it 😅

However, when Cathro was appointed many on here, me included, thought it would be a great appointment. He is a great coach behind the scenes on the training pitch, just doesn't have it as top boss. Shame but it's not the first and it won't be the last. As it is for all teams.

Off the pitch it can't be denied both Ann and Craig have been amazing for our club. Our current finances should have us pissing 3rd place and we have only just started.

Relating budget to performance is where people go wrong. The difference between us and Rangers is enough to dictate that we should never be above them. The difference between us and the rest is a smidgeon of that...

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

People will refuse to believe it but Budge will recruit on who looks the part and not who can play the part.

Would not surprise me if she starts looking for the exit too, if Levein has to go...

No need for any interim arrangements IMO.  Start the recruitment process now and then appoint as soon as the dismissal is announced.  If Ann needs some advice she could try calling the Watford Chairman

Is no-one else concerned that if she does release Levein the 3 stoogies on the dugout will remain and take reigns?

There is no point letting Levein go is Mcfluff heid et al replace him.