Sean Clare’s social media

The jj era

We_are_the_Hearts
9 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I’m intrigued. Why would ‘favourites’ be more PC than ‘team’?

Something he never says is: ‘after the game, why not get on social media and attack our young players.’ 

I'm intrigued. At what age is it OK to vent your anger at players performances and continual selection despite of that?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I'm intrigued. At what age is it OK to vent your anger at players performances and continual selection despite of that?

Question is how you vent that anger, not whether. It's never acceptable to use social media to attack individuals who are just doing their job.

That doesn't mean you can't criticise, just that direct attacks on social media are not the way to go. The world is the worse for that.

To be clear, it is fine to have a robust debate on social media, e.g. challenge a lying politician, that sort of thing. Even then, attack the argument or the behaviour, not the person. 

Edited by 4marsbars

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Question is how you vent that anger, not whether. It's never acceptable to use social media to attack individuals who are just doing their job.

That doesn't mean you can't criticise, just that direct attacks on social media are not the way to go. The world is the worse for that.

To be clear, it is fine to have a robust debate on social media, e.g. challenge a lying politician, that sort of thing. Even then, attack the argument or the behaviour, not the person. 

Fair enough mate, can't argue with that

Brauhauser2012
3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I’m intrigued. Why would ‘favourites’ be more PC than ‘team’?

Something he never says is: ‘after the game, why not get on social media and attack our young players.’ 

My point is that at Tynecastle only the Hearts team matters. Visiting teams are just that. A colleague took his son to Kompany's testimonial and later had a tour of the stadium. Man City have two types of dressing room, an opulent one for the home team and a grey basic one for the away team which is specially designed to give no fillip to the opposition. I don't want the opposition to feel too comfortable. Id' rather Scott said get come on the Hearts and dispense with the neutrality. As for attacking players directly on social media, that's a step too far. Criticising a performance on Kickback and having a direct altercation on Twitter with a player are not equivalent and I wouldn't do it. Just to be clear I count this site as social media.

Edited by Brauhauser2012
clarification