Sean Clare’s social media

The jj era

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Dinosaur in what way? 

He's implementing the methods and tactics of Levein, theres very little room I feel for a number 2 to decide to do his own thing. Ultimately, I think the squad would benefit from someone with years of experience running the sessions and breaking down what the manager expects of them. 

There is clearly serious underlap between the coaches, Levein and the players. Having someone who has previously worked for Levein multiple times, knows the guy, what he wants and how he wants things done makes perfect sense to me. 

Its not a glamour appointment, I fully accept that. But, at the end of the day losing game after game with the players looking completely devoid of any understanding of what they're being asked to do is also not very glamorous. If we're stuck with Levein, I want someone older in that coaching set up that will hold him accountable and actually contribute experience into the set up. I don't feel Fox or Daly add any value. Tbh, MacPhee given the results is on a shoogly peg too. 

Sorry bud, I actually misread your post and took it as you wanted Houston to take over 🙄 skim reading is clearly not a skill I posses!

Makes more sense now. I have heard that Daly isnt well liked and is thick as, also Fox talks a good game but is in it for himself. Levein has to take responsibility, but I don't think the coaching structure, or personnel, is doing us any good whatsoever. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• i8hibsh

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Sorry bud, I actually misread your post and took it as you wanted Houston to take over 🙄 skim reading is clearly not a skill I posses!

Makes more sense now. I have heard that Daly isnt well liked and is thick as, also Fox talks a good game but is in it for himself. Levein has to take responsibility, but I don't think the coaching structure, or personnel, is doing us any good whatsoever. 

Jesus, thats grim reading. If one of our coaches is an idiot and the other is self serving its no wonder things are as they are. 

Levein could buy himself some time if he sacked both of them and brought in familiar faces. I've never liked the idea of Hearts being some coaching school for rookie coaches. We're a big club, our coaches should have served their time at a smaller club and actually know their trade inside out - much like Houston!

I really feel like Houston is the perfect solution to fixing the issues (in the short term), and perhaps Leveins views on football aren't as bad as we're seeing. We've just got absolute ****witts trying to implement his vision. 

If I was Budge I'd be issuing that sort of ultimatum. Changes are needed in the coaching structure. Its either his coaches or him and his coaches. He can pick. 

Just now, OTT said:

Jesus, thats grim reading. If one of our coaches is an idiot and the other is self serving its no wonder things are as they are. 

Levein could buy himself some time if he sacked both of them and brought in familiar faces. I've never liked the idea of Hearts being some coaching school for rookie coaches. We're a big club, our coaches should have served their time at a smaller club and actually know their trade inside out - much like Houston!

I really feel like Houston is the perfect solution to fixing the issues (in the short term), and perhaps Leveins views on football aren't as bad as we're seeing. We've just got absolute ****witts trying to implement his vision. 

If I was Budge I'd be issuing that sort of ultimatum. Changes are needed in the coaching structure. Its either his coaches or him and his coaches. He can pick. 

Fully agree. If he is to get more time (which I'm now doubting will happen) there needs to be a major shake up with the structure.

Also, I'm only passing on what I've heard, can't say 100% that it is all true. 

4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This.

How do you form this opinion. I’ve literally not seen him have one good game. Maybe the odd time he looks okay and there’s something about him but he just non existent most of the time. He’s been played in nearly every attacking position and he’s not excelled in any of them. For as bad as Levein is Clare is the one out there on the pitch and is responsible for his own performances which have been way below standard. 

This.

How do you form this opinion. I’ve literally not seen him have one good game. Maybe the odd time he looks okay and there’s something about him but he just non existent most of the time. He’s been played in nearly every attacking position and he’s not excelled in any of them. For as bad as Levein is Clare is the one out there on the pitch and is responsible for his own performances which have been way below standard. 

This.

3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Jake is getting it tight on social media too.  Levin has played a binder over the past three years approving and signing players he can trust never mind play..

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Mulraney will have to give interviews, it's part of his job.  He's not going to publicly slaughter the manager is he?  The boy giving him abuse seems a right *****, why would you go out your way to abuse players?

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Interesting and sensible. 

Either CL has lost the skill of getting results and coaching the team or he's put in charge folk that aren't doing what he wants and what they should be doing. 

Either way, I don't see other than 3 wins on the bounce buying CL time, but even then there could be no way back. 

If CL goes, you'd think the coaching team goes too, we should not be a training ground for coaches. 

An ultimatum and some positive action could buy him time but it may also reinforce folks views that he's bullet proof and the criticism could get worse from the media and fans. 

If we sacked the coaches and revamped the structure then beat hibs he might buy himself time, but in all honesty I can't see it. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Jake is getting it tight on social media too.  Levin has played a binder over the past three years approving and signing players he can trust never mind play..

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Jake getting the wee cretin telt. 

👍👍👍

40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Either CL has lost the skill of getting results and coaching the team or he's put in charge folk that aren't doing what he wants and what they should be doing. 

Either way, I don't see other than 3 wins on the bounce buying CL time, but even then there could be no way back. 

If CL goes, you'd think the coaching team goes too, we should not be a training ground for coaches. 

An ultimatum and some positive action could buy him time but it may also reinforce folks views that he's bullet proof and the criticism could get worse from the media and fans. 

If we sacked the coaches and revamped the structure then beat hibs he might buy himself time, but in all honesty I can't see it. 

If CL goes, the coaching team have to go as well, they are just as culpable. Perhaps negotiating the pay offs with all of them is causing the delay with any sort of announcement?! 

Not ideal the week leading up to a derby and cup quarter final, but how much longer do we carry on like this? I'm in a minority in that I wouldnt be against him staying, but there has to be changes. I'm not quite sure changing the coaching staff is quite enough though, it'd effectively be him pointing the finger of blame at them. He needs to take responsibility now.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

If CL goes, the coaching team have to go as well, they are just as culpable. Perhaps negotiating the pay offs with all of them is causing the delay with any sort of announcement?! 

Not ideal the week leading up to a derby and cup quarter final, but how much longer do we carry on like this? I'm in a minority in that I wouldnt be against him staying, but there has to be changes. I'm not quite sure changing the coaching staff is quite enough though, it'd effectively be him pointing the finger of blame at them. He needs to take responsibility now.

Yip. 

Maybe? 

Even if the set up is true and the coaches are there for most of the time, he needs to take responsibility for that going wrong. 

So he's Donald ducked either way. 

The only one that on the surface offers somthing different and has a wide network is Austin. 

He could still be useful. You look at Lafferty, Goncalves, Smith, Washington, Meshino and feel he had a large part in their joining us. 

Daly etc are ten a penny standard coaches and could easily be replaced. 

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs, you don't need to be a right back to deal with that. 

You just need to be confident and decisive. 

Doyle came out, Clare needs to pass it to him or clear it. It's Clares decision to make, not Doyles. 

I can see Clare has qualities but he was at fault for the goal, the same Uche was at fault for their second, although Tbf that still needed a bit of work. 

Sorry mate, in that situation it should be the goalie who decides do we deal with this at the expense of a throw-in or not, he has far better vision of the situation upfield which the FB cannot see and is therefore better placed to make that particular decision. I accept that if the goalie doesn't call it then the RB must decide but in most cases the goalie would've given a shout either way.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Sorry mate, in that situation it should be the goalie who decides do we deal with this at the expense of a throw-in or not, he has far better vision of the situation upfield which the FB cannot see and is therefore better placed to make that particular decision. I accept that if the goalie doesn't call it then the RB must decide but in most cases the goalie would've given a shout either way.

Fair enough but not for me, Clare just needs to kick it out or pass it back. 

If he can't learn to make these decisions without being told what to do he shouldn't be a professional player. 

Clare, when off the ball continues to look a bit lost and need constant advice on where to be and what to do. 

He's got 50 games for us now,  he can't be baby sitted all the time. 

He should have just kicked it out imo. 

5 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

The camera behind the goal (the only angle I’ve seen apart from my live view at the game) clearly shows the ball is miles outside the box when Clare has his brain fart. If Doyle is there at that point, then I’m asking questions of my goalie. The Motherwell player took comfortable possession long before Doyle could/should be intervening.

I get that folk aren’t convinced by Doyle but he’d already done Clare a huge favour in the first half by tipping the shot over that Clare's fannying about caused. Unfortunately Clare then failed to put in a challenge at the corner and it resulted in a goal anyway. 

The best thing about the rumoured new head coach is that Clare will be under huge pressure to get his game up to speed because the coach in question is definitely not a fan. Sink or swim time, Sean...

millerjames398
42 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

The camera behind the goal (the only angle I’ve seen apart from my live view at the game) clearly shows the ball is miles outside the box when Clare has his brain fart. If Doyle is there at that point, then I’m asking questions of my goalie. The Motherwell player took comfortable possession long before Doyle could/should be intervening.

I get that folk aren’t convinced by Doyle but he’d already done Clare a huge favour in the first half by tipping the shot over that Clare's fannying about caused. Unfortunately Clare then failed to put in a challenge at the corner and it resulted in a goal anyway. 

The best thing about the rumoured new head coach is that Clare will be under huge pressure to get his game up to speed because the coach in question is definitely not a fan. Sink or swim time, Sean...

Is there a rumoured new head coach? McCann?

jack D and coke
17 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Sean Clare will become good once we have a competent manager in place who will coach and improve the players.

No. 

He wont. 

Wtf are people seeing with this guy?!

Jambof3tornado
12 hours ago, greggy123 said:

Played in nearly every attacking position, plus hailed as a midfield maestro and now a right back.

A new manager will get him into a position and play him there regularly to let him settle. 

I just think he has ability but is lacking confidence due to our manager.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Played in nearly every attacking position, plus hailed as a midfield maestro and now a right back.

A new manager will get him into a position and play him there regularly to let him settle. 

Not if it's Neil McCann. He has been quite vocal with his criticism if Sean Clare. 

He needs dropped. Meshino looks far better from an attacking stand point and Damour is a better central midfielder. There shouldnt be space for him in the team at the moment.  

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Agree with this. He can’t tackle and his defensive positioning is poor. He should be playing in the number 10 role behind the striker, instead of treating him like them a modern day Eggert Jonnson.

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I’m convinced of this as well 

2 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

Agree with this. He can’t tackle and his defensive positioning is poor. He should be playing in the number 10 role behind the striker, instead of treating him like them a modern day Eggert Jonnson.

That’s a good comparison 

Whilst it’s good to be able to play a couple of positions it’s also harmful not having a recognised  position too , Jonnson suffered from that at Hearts 

We_are_the_Hearts

Looks like a new manager is the last excuse for the Sean Clare fan club. Lets hope he gets ca chance to prove that right or wrong in the near future

AlphonseCapone
16 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Agree with this. Will be a much better player under a more attacking manager.

People keeping saying Clare will come good and there's always a reason why it hasn't happened yet. Where does it come from?

I honestly don't get it. Levein is quite rightly getting slaughtered for his jam tomorrow attitude but I feel like our fans are the exact same with Clare.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

People keeping saying Clare will come good and there's always a reason why it hasn't happened yet. Where does it come from?

I honestly don't get it. Levein is quite rightly getting slaughtered for his jam tomorrow attitude but I feel like our fans are the exact same with Clare.

SPOT ON

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Looks like a new manager is the last excuse for the Sean Clare fan club. Lets hope he gets ca chance to prove that right or wrong in the near future

This. 

FFS. 

6 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I totally agree with you, sorry I should have been clearer, I was not implying Doyle should have possibly dealt with it first time, he was far too far away for that, I should have stated 'asked for a pass back in order to deal with it' or told him to hoof it.

18 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Mulraney will have to give interviews, it's part of his job.  He's not going to publicly slaughter the manager is he?  The boy giving him abuse seems a right *****, why would you go out your way to abuse players?

I'm not sure what people don't get about this tbh. We're frustrated, aye and that's fair enough, but every time some player gets interviewed it's always the same people with the "do your talking on the pitch" etc pish...media duty is literally a contractual obligation. Do these people think the players are nipping into the evening news offices going "Can you pop in a wee story saying I think we'll do better next week?". Glad to see Mulraney shutting the little shitehawk down 

On 16/09/2019 at 16:41, Des' Dad said:

100% this. Never have and never will boo MY team. If the day comes when I can't resist the urge to boo, I will walk out of the stadium and never come back. And before you ask, I want a new manager/coach as much as anybody else.

Do you want a new manager but haven’t had the urge to boo yet? 

If Sean Clare played for Rangers or Celtic he would get 10+ goals a season. We are the least creative team in the league. If we had a more attacking manager who took more risks in the final 3rd he would be better. The whole team needs a change of style.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

If Sean Clare played for Rangers or Celtic he would get 10+ goals a season. We are the least creative team in the league. If we had a more attacking manager who took more risks in the final 3rd he would be better. The whole team needs a change of style.

Nah don’t think so

18 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Jake getting the wee cretin telt. 

👍👍👍

The sad part is Jake Mulraney is very much a confidence player, it took him time to get to grips with his ability and have belief he could perform at a higher level, then some prat on the internet could have him doubting that again.

I know we cannot dictate what people read but if I was a player, I would be nowhere near social media.

Edited by Neon

AlphonseCapone
24 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He could probably turn water into wine if we had a new manager, at least according to some folk. 

38 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Is an attacking midfielder no supposed to create? We were starting to create chances at 1-2 on Saturday when he’d been shifted back, until his match winning contribution at the third. 

Passengers in other teams don’t get the chance at Celtic/The Rangers, I’m afraid, so we’ll never know.,

54 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Sean Clare would be lucky to make the match day squad 10 times for either of them.

He’s guff and is proving it every time he plays.

been here before
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

So is this yet another reason Sean Clare is pish, because he's not playing or Celtic or Rangers?

The risk of excuses for this huddy is breathtaking.

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

The sad part is Jake Mulraney is very much a confidence player, it took him time to get to grips with his ability and have belief he could perform at a higher level, then some prat on the internet could have him doubting that again.

I know we cannot dictate what people read but if I was a player, I would be nowhere near social media.

Yip, players should avoid it. No doubt. 

57 minutes ago, been here before said:

So is this yet another reason Sean Clare is pish, because he's not playing or Celtic or Rangers?

The risk of excuses for this huddy is breathtaking.

I wouldn't say the poster is wrong though. We don't create many chances, I do agree Clare hasn't performed to the levels that have been expected though. 

He needs to get more involved and become a key player. Walker was far more effective at 19, 20 than Clare is at 22. Levein does also need to drop him. He's all too often a passenger in games. IMO we should have kept Edwards, his performances at the end of last season were exactly what the fans want to see. 

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

He wouldn’t get anywhere near either of they teams as he is way too lazy. 

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Is an attacking midfielder no supposed to create? We were starting to create chances at 1-2 on Saturday when he’d been shifted back, until his match winning contribution at the third. 

Passengers in other teams don’t get the chance at Celtic/The Rangers, I’m afraid, so we’ll never know.,

Spot on. If he played for them the way he has played for us he would have got 1 game and then been told he was dropped as not good enough. 

But he plays in EVERY game for us despite doing next to nothing 90%of the time. 

9 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He’s played up front, out wide, in the middle and looked good in none of them. He’s lacking confidence due to the manager even though he plays him week in week out. The fact Clare has been poor has nothing to do Levein. 

Of the opinion Levein is (shock horror) stubbornly keeping him in because he's signed him to be a key player and thats what he'll do. 

He's not a key player, he's not taking charge of games, he's not winning us points. 

Lad should be dropped for his own good. Maybe a spell on the bench/ out of the match day squad might force him to dig a bit deeper. 

I'd play Meshino in ahead going forward. The lack of options due to injury has turned this into a bad joke. Can't suggest Walker, Naismith, Morrison or Henderson. Think Irving is a holding mid. Why we consented to loaning out Lee and letting Edwards go is farcical. Both would have done a steady job. 

Our coaches need reviewed. This amount of muscle injuries is not bad luck. Little bit yes, but the frequency is every ****ing week. Surprised we're not taking bets on who we're losing in the derby. Uche?? Beyond a joke. 

Stephen Muddie

Who's even fit for Sunday? I've lost track to the point I can't even pick a team. Clare should be dropped for this though.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Just now, OTT said:

Of the opinion Levein is (shock horror) stubbornly keeping him in because he's signed him to be a key player and thats what he'll do. 

He's not a key player, he's not taking charge of games, he's not winning us points. 

Lad should be dropped for his own good. Maybe a spell on the bench/ out of the match day squad might force him to dig a bit deeper. 

I'd play Meshino in ahead going forward. The lack of options due to injury has turned this into a bad joke. Can't suggest Walker, Naismith, Morrison or Henderson. Think Irving is a holding mid. Why we consented to loaning out Lee and letting Edwards go is farcical. Both would have done a steady job. 

Our coaches need reviewed. This amount of muscle injuries is not bad luck. Little bit yes, but the frequency is every ****ing week. Surprised we're not taking bets on who we're losing in the derby. Uche?? Beyond a joke. 

Edwards..you are joking. We have players who are better than him in the squad that could play

The fact that no one knew or could foresee the injury crisis would hit this deep has passed you by

Perhaps we should go for a 35 man squad just in case

You could choose any of the players bar Walker you mentioned but to suit your point you have chosen not to

10 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m convinced of this as well 

That’s a good comparison 

Whilst it’s good to be able to play a couple of positions it’s also harmful not having a recognised  position too , Jonnson suffered from that at Hearts 

Jonnson was also pish but he was far better than Clare

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Clare's been decent. Clare's been shit. Clare's been built up by Levein.

The bollocks that some ****tards on the internet have levelled at him, only highlight the inadequacies of the people who're posting the vitriolic shite.

These *****. And I DO mean *****, are worse than any Hearts player, past or present. They know what they've posted.

Clare would be one of the first names on my team sheet. Never had such a strong feeling about a Hearts player for ages.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Edwards..you are joking. We have players who are better than him in the squad that could play

The fact that no one knew or could foresee the injury crisis would hit this deep has passed you by

Perhaps we should go for a 35 man squad just in case

You could choose any of the players bar Walker you mentioned but to suit your point you have chosen not to

Edwards was knocking his pan in when he finally got a chance at the end of last season. He's doing well for Burton. Hastily shown the door IMO.

I'm making the point that this injury crisis appears entirely self inflicted. How many muscle injuries have we picked up? Our players look completely lost out there, it stands to reason that if the coaches can't transmit simple instructions, they're probably failing to get the players correctly warmed up and down. You cannot seriously be looking at (I think someone done the maths and came out with 1.3 injuries a match) this and thinking its just bad luck. its piss poor planning and that falls on the coaching. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I don't know, mate. But I assume you've been consistently staunch in your views on both Bozanic & Lee's abilities & contributions in a Hearts shirt?

I know I haven't.

Bozanic I originally felt was good cover for Haring, but he's doing nothing to warrant getting anywhere near the first team. Lee, I thought was decent when things were going well but one paced and found out when things got tough. However, he did offer much, much more than Clare in terms of assists and goals. All 3 are less than idea, but Clare needs to be taken out of the team and prove he has the fight and drive to force his way back in. 

On 16/09/2019 at 23:00, Smith's right boot said:

He cant be saved ,,way past that time ,,,saying that shes liable to keep him on till may !!  No matter what out come ....

Brauhauser2012
On 16/09/2019 at 16:32, 4marsbars said:

Must be hard but footballers should ignore social media, including websites like Kickback.

If you want to motivate / teach / coach anyone, reward beats punishment every day of the week.

That's why, every home game, Scott Wilson says 'get right behind the team'

Before anyone asks, of course I'm not happy with how things are going right now. 

We can't boo our way out of this. I won't anyway.

Scott Wilson NEVER tells you to get behind the team. He always says get behind your favourites which is PC drivel. 

41 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Scott Wilson NEVER tells you to get behind the team. He always says get behind your favourites which is PC drivel. 

I’m intrigued. Why would ‘favourites’ be more PC than ‘team’?

Something he never says is: ‘after the game, why not get on social media and attack our young players.’