• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• OTT

• rick witter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sean Clare is a player. He's another suffering badly in this team. 

Whether the team realises it or not they need new leadership. Some need an arm round the shoulder and some need a kick up the arse. Either way they need change.

wattie exploited

seen a couple of hearts fans going to start fighting as one of them was giving clare shit dont know if it was racist abuse but the stewards kicked the guy out in section D near the front of the pitch :vangry:

I don't think any player should be singled out at the moment. Twitter is full of wee laddies that don't know any better. 

The only man that should be singled out is the manager and the guy in control of everything football related at Hearts. 

CRAIG LEVEIN. 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

JUST GET OOOOOOOOOOOOT. 

NOOOOOOOO

49 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Clare should still get an award for not getting injured though. 

He must be the only player that hasn't had something wrong with him. 

Good at riding tackles mate or is it diving on his arse before he’s tackled 🤔

been here before
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Sean Clare seems a good lad and WILL be a cracking player under a manager that is not a dud.

Twitter tho

:vrface:

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

This.. social media in general  :facepalm:

Posting on an internet messageboard about social media being shite

:facepalm:

Jake is getting it tight on social media too.  Levin has played a binder over the past three years approving and signing players he can trust never mind play..

Image may contain: 1 person, text
Edited by maroonlegions

Regarding social media, Ye notice that most managers say that they don't bother with it?

Maybe they fecking should! They might learn something. 

Imagine if we didn't use google because we thought that school was enough, i'd be so thick right now haha. 

Edited by Sagan

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What’s he done wrong here? Sorry, I think I’m missing the point a little.

Pathetic OP. Nothing to see there at all.

We_are_the_Hearts
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

Our esteemed manager thought that Clare would be our main central midfield player this season. How on earth would someone who  can’t tackle, lacks aggression and doesn’t work anywhere near hard enough play central midfield in Scotland. 

The Right Back move alone should get him the sack. 

Spot on with everything. WTAF was Levein thinking. Its getting to the point where you would need to question if he is losing his marbles. 

1 hour ago, Scotland said:

Noticed at the end of the match Clare came round to applaud the supporters and got dogs abuse off a fan in the Wheatfield. Clare held his hands up to the crowd and apologised. 

Seems a good guy. Certainly don't think he deserves to be first name on the team sheet each week but I actually think there's a player in there. His head is (unsurprisingly) down at the moment. When he's been confident on the ball he's shown glimpses of what he can do. A work in progress but he'll never make it at Hearts. Our support will make sure of that.

A silly error that I'm sure he's playing over and over again in his head however the blame falls at the door of the man who put him in that position in the first place. 

:spoton:

Noticed at the end of the match Clare came round to applaud the supporters and got dogs abuse off a fan in the Wheatfield. Clare held his hands up to the crowd and apologised. 

Seems a good guy. Certainly don't think he deserves to be first name on the team sheet each week but I actually think there's a player in there. His head is (unsurprisingly) down at the moment. When he's been confident on the ball he's shown glimpses of what he can do. A work in progress but he'll never make it at Hearts. Our support will make sure of that.

A silly error that I'm sure he's playing over and over again in his head however the blame falls at the door of the man who put him in that position in the first place. 

Agree with this. Will be a much better player under a more attacking manager.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I can't see anything he has done wrong, other than possibly expend time responding. He has reacted to the first post, which suggested if the same situation ever happens again just batter the ball into the stands by saying he agrees.

In the actual game I just found it difficult to blame him, because it is unfair to heap blame on a midfield player who has probably never played right before for making a wrong decision while playing right back.

Indeed. Can’t say anything about them though, because they are the fanz. Fanz are the lifeblood and the above reproach. Honestly, some ****ing people. 🙄

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Perry kitchen got stuck in

:gok:

Stuck into what? His ****ing cereal?

Dunno. He played like he was stuck in the mud IMO. Or on a sideways travellator. Clare has played RWB before for Sheff Wed btw. Just saying.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Having watched the replays back of the 3rd ‘well goal, obviously Clare makes a mistake and should just deal with it, but what the feck is Doyle doing?? Hows he escaped the social media witch hunt?? Clare's at least got the excuse of being played out of position, Doyle’s meant to be a professional fecking goalkeeper.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What’s he done wrong here? Sorry, I think I’m missing the point a little.

No your not. 

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Clare should still get an award for not getting injured though. 

He must be the only player that hasn't had something wrong with him. 

As pointed out to me, with us yes, but the guy was out for about 9 months before that. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

No your not. 

As pointed out to me, with us yes, but the guy was out for about 9 months before that. 

What?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Having watched the replays back of the 3rd ‘well goal, obviously Clare makes a mistake and should just deal with it, but what the feck is Doyle doing?? Hows he escaped the social media witch hunt?? Clare's at least got the excuse of being played out of position, Doyle’s meant to be a professional fecking goalkeeper.

Nah, Doyle came out so he could get it or Clare could pass it back to him. 

Clare was at fault for the goal, he's got to play the ball in some way. 

Boy made a complete arse of it 

Good point. He is a talented footballer but it’s not happening for him at Hearts, partly due to the poor judgement of the manager.

2 hours ago, jake said:

No he wont.

How do you know ? Football is littered with players that were ruined by managers not understanding their strengths, Levein s favourite of square pegs in round holes, the last person any of us would have put at right back is Clare but Craig does , he was hung out to dry by his manager. Genuinely seems like a nice bloke trying his best in a poorly motivated poorly organised poorly managed team so I don’t understand the absolute hate towards him 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He has had injuries in the past, that's all. 

A major one. 

We should hound every last ounce of confidence from him in every game until he stops trying. That’s the best way forward for me. Bound to work.

18Jambo_dave74

I blame Levein for continually playing Clare irrespective of form, doing him no favours at all.

But once Clare steps foot on to the pitch he has to take some responsibility. I’m sorry but I don’t care what position you’re meant to play, there’s no excuse for the 3rd goal - school boy stuff. Lost his man (again) for the first goal. Pathetic effort on goal when he had a free shot 15 yards out. 

Ive no doubt that a better manager could get more out of Clare but quite frankly he is incredibly lucky to have had as much game time as he’s had. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Wtf has that got to do with anything? haha

You said he deserved recognition for never being injured. 

Just saying he has on the past. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You said he deserved recognition for never being injured. 

Just saying he has on the past. 

Never being majorly injured at HEARTS

Dunno why you're going on about his past. 

Although! It's worth mentioning that Levein likes to constantly take risks on players with a history of injuries.

Another one of his plans gone wrong. 

Edited by Sagan

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We should hound every last ounce of confidence from him in every game until he stops trying. That’s the best way forward for me. Bound to work.

To stop trying you actually need to start trying. He must be amazing in training to merit a start every single week as I’ve yet to see him play well this season. 

Dagger Is Back
21 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Said that to a mate on Saturday night. No idea what either of them were doing. Doyles positioning was horrific IMO and contributed to Clares brainfart

WheatfieldWarrior
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No your not. 

I think Bozanic is the one outfield player that was fit all last season

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think Bozanic is the one outfield player that was fit all last season

Fabby... 🙄

Adam_the_legend

Clare has been one of our most consistently ineffective players BUT I’ll give him and all the others a clean slate with a new manager in place. The manager is clearly the problem to be solved. 

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Totally agree, as Clare is not a right back, Doyle should have either told him to hoof it or made it clear he (Doyle) was coming for it, i.e. Doyle should absolutely have told Clare what to do in the situation. Also think Clare lost his balance for a split second too which didn't help.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Totally agree, as Clare is not a right back, Doyle should have either told him to hoof it or made it clear he (Doyle) was coming for it, i.e. Doyle should absolutely have told Clare what to do in the situation. Also think Clare lost his balance for a split second too which didn't help.

Ffs, you don't need to be a right back to deal with that. 

You just need to be confident and decisive. 

Doyle came out, Clare needs to pass it to him or clear it. It's Clares decision to make, not Doyles. 

I can see Clare has qualities but he was at fault for the goal, the same Uche was at fault for their second, although Tbf that still needed a bit of work. 

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Sean Clare is a really nice lad, I think that might be the problem

Heard it all now SG - 

Needs a pre season

Needs a few games

Needs to get fit

Needs to get used to football up here

Now

He’s too “nice”

😉

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:
Image may contain: 3 people, text

He definitely has the players, it's plain to see imo, despite what folj say on here about effort and trying. 

It's the only ****ing thing I see tbh. 

But results matter. 

No if, buts etc, and I fear it's too late for Craig. 

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Stops trying 😂😂

Captain Canada

That mistake was a bad one but how many goals has Berra been at fault for? He's an awful captain as well. Since he came back from injury he's gone into his shell and should have been dropped months ago. 

What is MacLean doing to justify a wage? Why has Uche gone from a confident, promising player to being hopeless in just a few months? Why do we have Doyle and Bobby when they're nowhere near good enough? 

There shouldn't be a witch hunt against Clare or anyone else. Smith and Hickey are probably the only two who deserve praise out of the entire squad. 

It's a real skill to turn such a promising squad into the worst team in the league. They pretty much all deserve criticism as well as the coaching staff. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Heard it all now SG - 

Needs a pre season

Needs a few games

Needs to get fit

Needs to get used to football up here

Now

He’s too “nice”

😉

I'm trying to be kind :)

Why players go on social media beats me. They’re guaranteed to get abuse. You can be sure there will be some brainless Barcelona fans slagging off Messi on Twitter every time he fails to score a hat trick. For the record, though, the ‘fans’ giving grief to Sean and Jake are complete ****heads.

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He definitely has the players, it's plain to see imo, despite what folj say on here about effort and trying. 

It's the only ****ing thing I see tbh. 

But results matter. 

No if, buts etc, and I fear it's too late for Craig. 

Well the issue is the players are failing to carry out the instructions. Now, football isn't rocket science, so how effectively are his coaches relaying those instructions?

I think if Levein genuinely expects to recover from this he is going to need to make some tough calls on his coaching staff. Personally, I'd be looking to bring in Peter Houston. We need some experience in that coaching set up on a day to day basis and I think Houston would bring that in spades. Let Daly or Fox go and offer him the role. 

I want Levein gone, but an experienced number 2 could help calm things down and settle everything back down.

As with Clare, He's being immature. He shouldn't be subject to abuse, but thats the problem with social media. If he wants to avoid flack after a shocking performance then get rid of social media. Just stick to personal interactions with friends and family. Social media for players is an ego boost, and when things go wrong and they're criticised they can't start arguing with fans, regardless of whats been said. Rise above it, anything less is unprofessional. Unfair, but dems the breaks with being a public figure. 

Edited by OTT

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Well the issue is the players are failing to carry out the instructions. Now, football isn't rocket science, so how effectively are his coaches relaying those instructions?

I think if Levein genuinely expects to recover from this he is going to need to make some tough calls on his coaching staff. Personally, I'd be looking to bring in Peter Houston. We need some experience in that coaching set up on a day to day basis and I think Houston would bring that in spades. Let Daly or Fox go and offer him the role. 

I want Levein gone, but an experienced number 2 could help calm things down and settle everything back down.

As with Clare, He's being immature. He shouldn't be subject to abuse, but thats the problem with social media. If he wants to avoid flack after a shocking performance then get rid of social media. Just stick to personal interactions with friends and family. Social media for players is an ego boost, and when things go wrong and they're criticised they can't start arguing with fans, regardless of whats been said. Rise above it, anything less is unprofessional. Unfair, but dems the breaks with being a public figure. 

Sorry OTT, but Peter Houston?! People claiming Levein is a dinosaur and you're talking about Houston, maybe 5 years ago, but not now. 

Just now, tokyowalnut said:

Sorry OTT, but Peter Houston?! People claiming Levein is a dinosaur and you're talking about Houston, maybe 5 years ago, but not now. 

Dinosaur in what way? 

He's implementing the methods and tactics of Levein, theres very little room I feel for a number 2 to decide to do his own thing. Ultimately, I think the squad would benefit from someone with years of experience running the sessions and breaking down what the manager expects of them. 

There is clearly serious underlap between the coaches, Levein and the players. Having someone who has previously worked for Levein multiple times, knows the guy, what he wants and how he wants things done makes perfect sense to me. 

Its not a glamour appointment, I fully accept that. But, at the end of the day losing game after game with the players looking completely devoid of any understanding of what they're being asked to do is also not very glamorous. If we're stuck with Levein, I want someone older in that coaching set up that will hold him accountable and actually contribute experience into the set up. I don't feel Fox or Daly add any value. Tbh, MacPhee given the results is on a shoogly peg too.