Since last october

Selkirkhmfc1874

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Coco said:

What's the point count since Robbie left and we've been managed by Levein and his proteges Cathro and MacPhee.?

To be fair Neilson was also somewhat of a Levein protege as player and coach. This is why I worry about the mental health of some of our fans (not aimed at you). We were comparatively fantastic under Robbie - incredibly steady and consistent - and a loud minority still weren't happy. Levein will go but I do wonder if some of our fans will ever be happy. Our support seems split between Millennial fans who grew up watching Hearts under Romanov, and who have - how to put this nicely - wildly unrealistic and deluded expectations of Hearts, and older fans who have a bit more perspective and patience.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair Neilson was also somewhat of a Levein protege as player and coach. This is why I worry about the mental health of some of our fans (not aimed at you). We were comparatively fantastic under Robbie - incredibly steady and consistent - and a loud minority still weren't happy. Levein will go but I do wonder if some of our fans will ever be happy. Our support seems split between Millennial fans who grew up watching Hearts under Romanov, and who have - how to put this nicely - wildly unrealistic and deluded expectations of Hearts, and older fans who have a bit more perspective and patience.

Perspective. It will never catch on.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed, it is basically since Naismith got injured...He is the glue that sticks our team together. His harrying, his goals and his gobbiness are all traits that the rest have failed miserably to cover for...

That may be true but the "glue" is injury prone and we have know that for some time. Isn't it a bit unwise to be so reliant on a glue that is often not there to stick the pieces together?

Just now, Francis Albert said:

That may be true but the "glue" is injury prone and we have know that for some time. Isn't it a bit unwise to be so reliant on a glue that is often not there to stick the pieces together?

Sure is. But it is strange that one player can have such an impact. Could it be that Naismith is the only personality at the club who is strong enough not to wilt in Levein's presence? That Levein actually brought out the best in Naismith whereas others are scared of him? Including his coaching team? I don't know Levein but people do say he is arrogant and dominating? Does that manifest in a Fergie-like way whereby anyone who annoys him is out the door but only those who are pliant remain, unlike Fergie who wanted only focussed professionals and winners? This is all complete conjecture on my part. But I find the way Berra has gone from being an apparent natural leader to looking lost, calamitous and knackered concerning...

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It’s a fair point. We gave him a four year deal presumably with a view to move towards coaching at the latter of the deal but we need him on the pitch. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, Coco said:

What's the point count since Robbie left and we've been managed by Levein and his proteges Cathro and MacPhee.?

Can’t be assed to work that out but:

Under Neilson - 62 wins from 106 games (58%)

Post Neilson - 49 wins from 133 games (37%)