Silence from Tynecastle

heartandsoul

2 minutes ago, jambali said:

I8Hearts -  I'm quite happy with it.

Not happy with the silence, which is what this thread is supposed to be about.

I’m not and I suspect the vast majority of supporters agree. It’s yet another example of the lack of focus and now political correctness at the top of Hearts. If women’s football at Hearts should be established, let it be self financing as a separate business and not by the generosity of Hearts support. At the moment I have a season ticket but am now thinking should I continue to waste my Saturday afternoons watching Levein’s inspired rubbish. If FOH money is being directed towards a ladies team I’ll also be having a think about that.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Similar to the demand for your repetitive comments then

To be fair they don't cost anyone anything.

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Apart from the very occasional reserve game, I never watch any Hearts team apart from the first team.

Should the club not spend any money on the kids teams or youth teams in that case ?

They exist so the players can progress to the first team. Or do you think we should have a token female in the team so as not to discriminate?

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My point is we are not silent.  The club is as active as ever in pointless pish that no-one cares about.  It is BAU really.  A fan calls Mixu fat and Budge writes a War and Peace novel but we go on our worst run in our 145 years history and we sweep it under the carpet.

I care

4 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

I suspect very shortly it will be a case as part of a clubs license being granted they must have a women’s team, every single current SPFL team at this time has a women’s team

Aberdeen Celtic Rangers and now Hearts will be funded by the clubs budget.

Why waste energy on this ?, it’s happening, women’s football is here to stay, do you honestly believe that when FOH takes over the club, we are just going to drop the women’s side ?

No chance.

Maybe the fan base that fund FOH should get a vote on something like this? 

Just now, Prof said:

I’m not and I suspect the vast majority of supporters agree. It’s yet another example of the lack of focus and now political correctness at the top of Hearts. If women’s football at Hearts should be established, let it be self financing as a separate business and not by the generosity of Hearts support. At the moment I have a season ticket but am now thinking should I continue to waste my Saturday afternoons watching Levein’s inspired rubbish. If FOH money is being directed towards a ladies team I’ll also be having a think about that.

It does, that has been established.  People's argument is that the amount is very small.  I cancelled my subs on the back of this.  I would not even waste 1p of my hard earned money on this nonsense and how dare they spend it so unwisely 5 years after almost liquidating.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Maybe the fan base that fund FOH should get a vote on something like this? 

No chance that would ever be an option for FOH, can you imagine the outrage and bad press if the clubs fans demanded we drop the women’s team.

We will lose more money every year from unsold programmes and pies etc. than we will be spending on the women’s team

5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

They exist so the players can progress to the first team. Or do you think we should have a token female in the team so as not to discriminate?

Lets face it, the vast majority of the under 8's are not going to make it to the first team.

These age groups exist mainly to encourage youngsters to play football and to do so with Hearts.

highlandjambo3
24 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

What I find really interesting about the Hearts Advert for womens football personnel is that the closing date is only 4 days away which strikes me as a ridiculously short period of time to get anywhere near enough quality CVs in.

Even more interesting is that the position for Information Communications Technology (ICT) Officer (Full Time) which requires to be applied for by end of play this Friday.

Now it may be that they have advertised these previously elsewhere which would then suggest that

Heart of Midlothian Football Club may be trolling the 1st Team fanbase.

Having done some work previously in an HR role, including recruitment and selection, there is a legal obligation to spread your organisations job advertising internally within your organisation and, externally (Joe public).  The internal part gives your current employees the chance to grow within the business, promotion and the likes (it also stops the “I could have done that” brigade from moaning that they didn’t get a chance).  However, if you really want to recruit from within I.e. you have an eye on one or two people, you can do a general advertisement with a short reply date knowing full well there may not be time to get external candidates in that space of time therefor increasing the chance of success for current employees without breaking employment legislation.  Also current employees get a good heads up of when these jobs may be advertised so they have a good running start so to speak.

To be clear, not every recruitment drive has to be mixed with internal or external but, over a given period you do need to show that you are promoting both. 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Lets face it, the vast majority of the under 8's are not going to make it to the first team.

These age groups exist mainly to encourage youngsters to play football and to do so with Hearts.

I'd imagine their parents contribute as with all boys clubs at that age group?

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Set up a donation to them every month then.

Why a separate donation when women and girls football is already part of our club which we all support via a number of different methods?

annushorribilis III
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My point is we are not silent.  The club is as active as ever in pointless pish that no-one cares about.  It is BAU really.  A fan calls Mixu fat and Budge writes a War and Peace novel but we go on our worst run in our 145 years history and we sweep it under the carpet.

Well that's a contradiction - you're banging away in a fit of fury about it, for starters. 

8 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

No chance that would ever be an option for FOH, can you imagine the outrage and bad press if the clubs fans demanded we drop the women’s team.

We will lose more money every year from unsold programmes and pies etc. than we will be spending on the women’s team

I'm not saying we drop it just that they fund themselves. If they can't do that then as with any business it will close. 

28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Show me the figures.  How much is paid to this nonsense and how much it generates please.  How many paying fans? How much in sponsorship?

I would think even if it is costing a bit of money at first it is about the future.

Womans football will get bigger and makes sense to have a competitive team.

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I'm not saying we drop it just that they fund themselves. If they can't do that then as with any business it will close. 

If it's purely about cost : as a % of turnover I'd suggest the cost is relative peanuts.

In the longer term,  looking at growing the business & fan base - why not make it more inclusive for the more than 50% of the population that aren't currently interested/involved?  Isn't it better to be able to fill Tynecastle EVERY week if that can be achieved through broadening the appeal of the womens game ?  

Anyway let's get back on topic. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

I suspect very shortly it will be a case as part of a clubs license being granted they must have a women’s team, every single current SPFL team at this time has a women’s team

Aberdeen Celtic Rangers and now Hearts will be funded by the clubs budget.

Why waste energy on this ?, it’s happening, women’s football is here to stay, do you honestly believe that when FOH takes over the club, we are just going to drop the women’s side ?

No chance.

36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Show me the figures.  How much is paid to this nonsense and how much it generates please.  How many paying fans? How much in sponsorship?

Just to put i8’s mind at rest, I understand from people within the women's set up that they’ve yet to see a penny from HMFC. I have also been told that in recent years Hearts have been receiving grants from the SFA for having a women’s team and that money has not been directed where it was supposed to go. Therefore, the £100K investment is unlikely to be fully footed by Hearts. Personal opinion, but I think the move to a far bigger, more professional set up has been an instruction from higher up and was done as much to appease authorities as any other reason. If all/any of the above is untrue then I’ve been fed a line and I apologise.

However, it is definitely true that two volunteer secretaries resigned last year because of Hearts lack of involvement, citing the fact that Hearts were not interested, with Ann Budge apparently being particularly uninterested, in the female game. They weren’t allowed to use Hearts platforms for fundraising. Instead they have a Last Man Standing for friends and family to raise funds, which gets them about £700 every competition. 

Their current shirt sponsor is The Bonds Clinic and they had to pay full price (over £2K) to Hearts last year in order to buy 20 tops, shorts and socks. I know this is definitely true because I delivered them and saw the invoice.

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Apart from the very occasional reserve game, I never watch any Hearts team apart from the first team.

Should the club not spend any money on the kids teams or youth teams in that case ?

That’s a bit of a silly comparison.  Investment in the boys or youths could result in a future star in the first team that helps bring results on the park or brings in large transfer fees, it doesn’t matter if nobody is interested in watching them. That can’t happen with the girls or women’s teams.  It will likely always be a loss making amateur sport for them.  Whether we should do that as a community type project is another argument.

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Just to put i8’s mind at rest, I understand from people within the women's set up that they’ve yet to see a penny from HMFC. I have also been told that in recent years Hearts have been receiving grants from the SFA for having a women’s team and that money has not been directed where it was supposed to go. Therefore, the £100K investment is unlikely to be fully footed by Hearts. Personal opinion, but I think the move to a far bigger, more professional set up has been an instruction from higher up and was done as much to appease authorities as any other reason. If all/any of the above is untrue then I’ve been fed a line and I apologise.

However, it is definitely true that two volunteer secretaries resigned last year because of Hearts lack of involvement, citing the fact that Hearts were not interested, with Ann Budge apparently being particularly uninterested, in the female game. They weren’t allowed to use Hearts platforms for fundraising. Instead they have a Last Man Standing for friends and family to raise funds, which gets them about £700 every competition. 

Their current shirt sponsor is The Bonds Clinic and they had to pay full price (over £2K) to Hearts last year in order to buy 20 tops, shorts and socks. I know this is definitely true because I delivered them and saw the invoice.

Cheers for that.

i8 might possibly love & hate this in equal  measure. 

41 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Hamilton, St Johnstone and eve h1b5 have picked up the odd result there, doesn't mean they have a good manager

You’re right. 

So it shows that the smallest level of ambition can reap some reward. Instead we’re treated to a game that we’ve lost before we’ve even kicked off. 

Not winning games so lets drag the woman's team into things eh, go on a winning run (yes I know we can dream) no one would give a toss and probably wish them well. The problems at our club are not because we run a women's team.

8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You’re right. 

So it shows that the smallest level of ambition can reap some reward. Instead we’re treated to a game that we’ve lost before we’ve even kicked off. 

It has never been great in Glasgow for any manager but Levein’s record is horrible in the League.

Played 10, Won 0, Drawn 1, Lost 9.

For 6, Against 27.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Seemingly it is and I quote a "Hugely exciting time at Hearts".  This is making me so angry it is actually boiling my piss.

It appears that Mens 1st team football as we know it is now simply a by-product at Hearts, nothing more than that. 

scott herbertson
59 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Set up a donation to them every month then.

I have - FOH - money well spent in ensuring the club is strongly based in the community and in the 21st century

22 minutes ago, Boab said:

It has never been great in Glasgow for any manager but Levein’s record is horrible in the League.

Played 10, Won 0, Drawn 1, Lost 9.

For 6, Against 27.

And, correct me if I’m wrong, he’s also never won a home league match against Rangers. 

8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And, correct me if I’m wrong, he’s also never won a home league match against Rangers. 

No, he hasn’t. A better record at home but no coconut !

Played 7, Won 2, Drawn 0, Lost 5.

For 10, Against 13.

Silence except for some people spreading rumours about McCann and Robinson. I'd love to see Ann Budges paper on the football department especially the management, coaching & recruitment of the first team squad. I'm expecting a whitewash but wishing for the truth. The truth being our management of the first team is a shambles.

1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

You might want to think about the fact we very possibly have a sizeable number of female fans/customers  who will no doubt be quite happy with the situation. 

Must be a job there,Levein could apply for.

21 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Because the womens team  should fund itself. I dont spend a fortune to subsidise something I have no interest in and I suspect the majority of us feel the same.

👏👏👏👏👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

On 17/09/2019 at 11:48, davemclaren said:

I think a ‘sorry but we’re working to fix it’ statement would wind up fans just as much, if not more. Sometimes it’s best to say nothing imo. 

If only she had listened to me. 😄

Guest ToqueJambo
On 18/09/2019 at 06:03, Shaggy2 said:

Isn’t all this what Budge is changing? I assume it doesn’t happen overnight. The womens team will now be under the clubs umbrella according to this from June this year

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/womens-football-scotland-hearts-world-cup-academy-girls