Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

It’s an absolute joke he should be punted immediately 

AB is going to go down as a total fool unless she acts 

4 wins in 2019 for  gods sake Anne get a grip 

still early. I’d be amazed if something (talks) havent happened today. Let’s see what happens over the next 24-48 hours.

At the least there must be a statement 

2 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Told FoH yesterday would stop contributions if Levein continues in place.

Informed it was a personal choice but I would be missed.

For me FoH is completely toothless now and hamstrung by voting rights in the future.

Last straw, cancelled FOH, 50 years a paying Hearts supporter, mostly as STH and take no joy, a bit like watching that crap!

Don’t understand this, foundation of hearts payment is to secure the future of the club. Hearts will be here long after Levein, foundation of hearts payment is a long term commitment can’t just cancel when things aren’t going well on the park. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If people are stopping their Foundation payments they hurt themselves. 

Folk seem to be mistaken a monthly payment gives them the chance to remove key personnel. Rightly or wrongly,  it just doesn't. 

Fan ownership beginning to worry me deeply. 

There will be no statement, no owner coming out and blaming the manager or the manager comig out and ripping into the players. If, and its a very big if, Levein does go, we will here something. But I get the feeling it will be the same flat, toothless, uninspiring soundbites in the media that we have been getting for months. It hurts to not hurt or get wound up about this anymore, I can't see the end in sight

annushorribilis III
14 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Not a beep from Tynecastle. Does anyone think there will be an announcement tomorrow or will the silence go on. 

The only way you're going to get a quick announcement is if CL resigns and he shows no intention of doing that. If he's going to be removed (not difficult) the hard part will be getting someone to take over the reins - maybe on a temp basis. That's the hard bit and as much as I want CL to leave one way or the other, the scary part is putting the club into the hands of any of the hapless bunch of coaches at the club currently. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Neither would surprise me. 

For all we know he may have been given a target weeks ago. 4 weeks to sort it.

Results continue as they are even if its not this week it will come .

The real difficulty is her having a solid Plan B when she has placed so much reliance on him.

She said he is not bomb proof,  I believe her, and she will act, but surely that has to be when she has her ducks in a row. 

But it looks rather urgent she does 

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

For me FoH is completely toothless now and hamstrung by voting rights in the future.

Last straw, cancelled FOH, 50 years a paying Hearts supporter, mostly as STH and take no joy, a bit like watching that crap!

Withdrawing money from FoH potentially extends the time it will take for the movement of shares to occur. It is also denying the club any funds for other investments, i.e. potential funds which could be made available if a new manager is appointed and wants to look at a couple of players during the Winter break.

Lets not forget, although I think it is probably 100% unlikely, that if the funds required to purchase the shareholding in place Ann Budge would be well within her rights to put the club up for sale I'd think. As I say I doubt it is something she would consider, I suspect that although she probably would like to stay in place post Bidco she may actually remove herself from the board once the movement of the shareholding is completed. None of us are enjoying what we are watching and a change in manager is essential, FoH can do nothing about it at this time, there are only two FoH representatives on the board. While they can be heard I don't think they are unaware of the situation. Anyone who has been at Tynecaslte since the start of the season will know how the fans feel in addiiton Facebook is monitored, likewise Twitter and this site is monitored. If the board, as a whole, don't have what it takes to change the manager you denying the club money won't help in any way. I accept though that it may make you feel better and you are entitled to your own choice in such things.

It was a clean slate at the start of the season by AB due to the SC final IMO. 

She will have set him targets for the season and until he can not achieve them he will not be sacked. 

8 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Mate the FOH payment guarantees nothing, the fans as the Budge has clearly stated will remain remote from the board and have negligible influence at any time in the future post her payments. Read the documentation, the fans will never 'own' the club, fact! If it goes tits up the fans get nothing from any sale of the club, so who does? Just look at Blackburn Rovers if you think it can be that simple to protect a club!

I hoped FOH would suggest a stance, not accept our current debacle!!!!!

Well that’s just simply not true maybe you need to read the governance proposal again 

Dagger Is Back
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Folk seem to be mistaken a monthly payment gives them the chance to remove key personnel. Rightly or wrongly,  it just doesn't. 

Said it before that fan ownership ain’t a problem. It’s absolutely the way to go. Just look at our history and across the road for evidence of issues created by the alternative. 

The problem is folks understanding of what fan ownership means and the sense of ‘entitlement‘ created

I share your concerns 

Edited by Dagger Is Back

19 minutes ago, Sid said:

It would have been wholly unprofessional to take action heat of the moment.  Meeting of other directors today. Announcement tomorrow is what I expect. 

This fiasco has been going on for long enough so it’s hardly a knee jerk reaction to show CL the door.

As said elsewhere, if nothing happens pretty smartly whether or not it’s true or warranted AB will be saddled with a reputation of being weak and ineffectual. Your move Ann.

4 minutes ago, campbell said:

Well that’s just simply not true maybe you need to read the governance proposal again 

That was my take on the post too. 

The fans should remain remote from the club and FoH elected parties should run it. Can you imagine fan ownership if it wasn’t done like that. Imagine a forum of 8000 contributors arguing about whats best and having a huff because their idea isnt chosen. 😒

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Said it before than fan ownership ain’t a problem. It’s absolutely the way to go. Just look at our history and across the road for evidence of issues created by the alternative. 

The problem is folks understanding of what fan ownership means and the sense of ‘entitlement‘ created

I share your concerns 

👍🏻

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I wont ever stop my foh subs.

And I've always asked posters who say they will not to.

I still ask the OP to reconsider.

But I think a lot of the support are genuinely at a loss as to how this run of results is tolerated.

2 minutes ago, jake said:

But I think a lot of the support are genuinely at a loss as to how this run of results is tolerated.

Completely understand their frustration. Patience has gone.

Just now, sadj said:

That was my take on the post too. 

The fans should remain remote from the club and FoH elected parties should run it. Can you imagine fan ownership if it wasn’t done like that. Imagine a forum of 8000 contributors arguing about whats best and having a huff because their idea isnt chosen. 😒

This is a bit different though is it not?

There is a crisis on the football side of the club and I dont think "crisis"is an exaggeration.

8000 contributions probably means the majority have the clubs best interests at Heart.

So if like now and before one mans ego is damaging the club then surely that's why we contribute.

28 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

There will be no statement, no owner coming out and blaming the manager or the manager comig out and ripping into the players. If, and its a very big if, Levein does go, we will here something. But I get the feeling it will be the same flat, toothless, uninspiring soundbites in the media that we have been getting for months. It hurts to not hurt or get wound up about this anymore, I can't see the end in sight

I think we’ll all agree that Ann Budge and her board have  handled the Levein situation badly by not sacking him earlier.

31 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Don’t understand this, foundation of hearts payment is to secure the future of the club. Hearts will be here long after Levein, foundation of hearts payment is a long term commitment can’t just cancel when things aren’t going well on the park. 

It's just folk mouthing off through frustration.

Don't get me wrong there will be a few cancelling but the majority of those threatening to cancel either don't understand how FOH works or don't contribute anyway.

7 minutes ago, jake said:

Agree with you. Now, stepping back from the situation. Fans have some great knee jerk reactions. There has been popular support here for Wright from St Johnston, or the bank busting O'Neil (800k at NI etc... I'm a fan, and I'm a firm believer that rarely can the fans as a democracy make the right decision for the club.

However, I would really like to hear that FOH and Ann have sat down and had a discussion about what's best for the club over the next 12 months. That would put my mind to ease.

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Said it before that fan ownership ain’t a problem. It’s absolutely the way to go. Just look at our history and across the road for evidence of issues created by the alternative. 

I share your concerns 

Exactly. The point of FoH and its importance has been shown with what has happened down in England with Bury and Bolton. It is to prevent the club being owned and taken apart by shady owners so we can never have the clubs existence put into jeopardy. Fan ownership is never about the day to day running of the club by fans. 

But I think Ann Budge cant keep quiet this week, she either needs to change manager or explain things with fans.

wattie exploited

we have been excepting shit results for the last two years look at the livi game unbelievable that he never got sacked for that and it just gets worse and worse  the football is crap and I mean total crap !

we have a good squad but they are just not getting coached proper we have international players who are playing like pub players under Craigie boy !!!!!!

and no one on the FOH seem to be doing anything about the shit that is happening and   be having a good moan at the board ! on behalf of the 8000 FOH  members at least !!!!!!!

An announcement has been months overdue, the farce that is Craig Levein has to be dealt with this week with his sacking.

Ann Budge, her credibility is already in doubt with her continued backing of Levein . If she continues to do nothing, she is effectively supporting him to the detriment of HMFC,

50 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Yup.

Total kneejerk reaction to an abysmal start.

The club is priority.

The 1st team after that.

It will click eventually. 

Ann Budge has shown her hand here imo. She has no interest in the footballing side and has allowed Levein to completely control it and he isnt going to sack himself! The opportunity for change was missed when Cathro went, We missed the boat then and for all he is slagged off on here, Billy Davies called it. 

The football side is the most important part of the club, the fans are the heartbeat. The board and FOH have taken the fans for granted far too long and will now pay the price.The lack of silence from the foundation is also a disgrace, far too comfortable with Budge and the board, they should represent the fans that pay into them each month, currently they are not. 

Edited by Walter Bishop

Wouldn’t have expected anything this weekend tbh but I’d be amazed if we haven’t heard anything from Hearts this week.

Even if they come out and say he will step down after the Hibs game, then the support will be even more up for it. Players would hopefully give him their best and he leaves on better terms with a win. 

alwaysthereinspirit
56 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Each to their own. 99.9% of contributors will continue through thick and thin. I don’t want other teams fans saying I let my team die. We’ll have other managers who”ll fail. Not cancelling every time we’re $#!te.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Wouldn’t have expected anything this weekend tbh but I’d be amazed if we haven’t heard anything from Hearts this week.

Even if they come out and say he will step down after the Hibs game, then the support will be even more up for it. Players would hopefully give him their best and he leaves on better terms with a win. 

I actually wouldn’t mind that.

Best for everyone that way, sadly can’t see it though!

8 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Yup.

Total kneejerk reaction to an abysmal start.

The club is priority.

The 1st team after that.

It will click eventually. 

Are you serious. This problem is not just about the start of the season it goes back well into last year.

Do you not realise that our form over the last 9/10 months has been the worst in the league. Our last 10 league games have produced 3 draws and 7 losses.

I was reading today that Levein's record in the same number of games as Cathro is now worse than his.

Edited by wavydavy
typo

34 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

"The Foundation has been an important source of funding for the Club, and we believe it is appropriate that the Foundation continues to fulfil this role. We will never ask members to give more than they can afford. The Foundation will not have a right to direct the Club as to how funding from the Foundation should be spent"

"although the Foundation will have the largest single shareholding in the Club (75.1%), it will not be the sole shareholder. The rights and interests of the other shareholders (many of whom will be members of the Foundation) will need to be recognised and respected, and decisions of the Club Board will require to be made in the interests of shareholders as a whole"

"The Foundation will not become involved with the day-to-day running of the Club. The governance framework would be compromised if this rule was not properly understood or respected."

What part of 75.1% out of 100% leads you to believe that FOH will “never own the club”? Owning the club and the fans running the club by committee are two different thing. However, make no mistake, we will own the club. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
1 hour ago, jambobob61 said:

Grow up

1 hour ago, heartandsoul said:

Not a beep from Tynecastle. Does anyone think there will be an announcement tomorrow or will the silence go on. 

They’re unlikely to announce that the manager is staying, on the assumption that is the case. 

julienbrellier

There is a chance to salvage the season if he goes tomorrow and we get our first win in the derby. By not sacking Levein Budge is running the club into the ground and will be blamed just as much as Levein. Get him out now and give us a chance Anne ffs

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

I bloody hope there will be some sort of statement either today or tomorrow 

It will be from Craig himself. "I will turn this around" same old stuck record!

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, flem said:

The Foundation of Hearts are not representing their members very well and are running the risk of losing pledges as a result.

How do you know that, there is two FoH board members on the Hearts board, they may be raising concerns in meetings and during the week. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

I don’t think anything will happen until we reach rock bottom.  This will come on Sunday when a very poor Hibs side beat an even poorer Hearts side.  At that point Budge will finally (and reluctantly) act.............I hope.   

1 hour ago, jambobob61 said:

Believe me nobody wants Levein out our Club more than me - but I will never stop my FoH contribution!

Levein and Budge are temporary - HMFC are forever!

SpruceBringsteen

The silence will continue. At least now the comms folks have begged that they don't have to tweet absolute horseshit anymore.

22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

How do you know that, there is two FoH board members on the Hearts board, they may be raising concerns in meetings and during the week. 

There silence is deafening and this leads me to believe they are content with the situation. 

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Believe me nobody wants Levein out our Club more than me - but I will never stop my FoH contribution!

Levein and Budge are temporary - HMFC are forever!

I totally agree as we are paying for future generations to have a great stadium and hopefully a team to match. Ann and Craig have been key figures in our progress but now is the time for some integrity and Craig to move back upstairs. He doesn't look very well and it must hurt to get the levels of abuse but we have been patient and a new manager is urgently required as we are too predictable and easy to play against