• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Forever Hearts

• Hectormasson

• Bazzas right boot

33 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If Provan - who lacks any moral fibre considering his lack of sporting integrity on the pitch and his repeated past digs at Hearts (because he lacks the spine to have a go at The Rangers), has any suggestions as to how we can improve the appeal of Hearts in attracting the glory hunters who shuttle through west each week from across the east of Scotland, without having to get into the gutter of Irish politics, then I am all ears.

Otherwise he can ram his faux back-handed compliments and **** off. 

Good post. Media is full of cowards who won't have a go at the 2 bigoted teams in the West. They choose easy targets and Provan, who dislikes us, is one of the cowards. Can't stand him. 

54 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Anyone who listens to one of Scottish Footballs biggest cheats deserves all they get

Never trusted the man, never will and all you have to do is think back to his past history with us to know he has an agenda,,,those who were there will not forget his slump to the ground in sheer agony at having has his perm disturbed by a pat on the head from Willie Johnston

He needs to appear relevant when he should have been pensioned off some time ago from Sky...oh and if you wonder why he speaks now it's no coincidence we are on Sky next week

Spot on mate I was at darkheid that day and the ref indicated a raised boot/knee which means even he didn’t see it.

He’s just stating the obvious as if it’s some massive piece of insight on his part

Daft !**! needs to see that both clubs have brought through a large number of players that have gone on to play for bigger clubs. Coached them from youth and sold them on, often not for the values they deserve given the investment in youth/sometimes seeing them leave for nowt. They offer lots to the game in Scotland away from simply a trophy count. What a classless turd Provan is.

Edited by Riccarton3

I'd rather be Hearts (or Hibs for that matter) than have bus loads of bigots from every shithole in Scotland and Nothern Ireland turn up each week. The Old Firm are only what they are because morons from dumps nobody has barely heard of, follow them in order to give themselves an identity and distract from their miserable existences.

Granted the trophy haul is less than impressive.

And don't kid yourself,  he'll ****ing hate Edinburgh as a city too. 

If only it was that simple! His team and the team from the same city he dares not to criticise spent years buying any player from Hearts and Hibs who posed the slightest threat and promptly stuck them on the bench. They trade on bigotry to ensure they penny’s keep rolling in to keep them on top, and that’s before we even get to biased referees and the governing bodies influence to keep the OF dominance in place. 

leave aside the frothing ,What he says is factually true .. 

We have and do under perform , 

He,s doing us a favour by highlighting again like others in the media how bad we are and pointing out how good we should actually be, we should be thanking him regardless of whether he,s a prat or not . 

It keeps the pressure on the hearts board all this negativity. 

Hopefully something will happen soon as Mrs Budge doesn't like her ducks out of alignment .. 

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rubbish article. Looks like he wrote it in his sleep 🤔

16 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

he has got most of this spot on to be fair. 

Funny how folk see things differently. 

Dagger Is Back

He makes some valid points and you can’t really argue that we haven’t realised our potential.

However, he has also got a lot wrong. To start your article and get the venue wrong is either the sign of an idiot, or a sign that despite your utterings, you really don’t care too much about the subject matter 

When the oracle that is Davie Provan consistently calls out the Uglies for their complicity in the existence of religious fanaticism and bigotry in this country, when he calls for the creation of a more level playing field in the Scottish game, when he takes the Uglies to task for strangling the opposition by picking up their star players/promising youngsters, when he calls out the Uglies bias within the SFA and refereeing, when he has the balls to take Celtic to court for their part in the abuse of youngsters,  then I might start to pay attention to his warblings.

Until then he can take his thoughts and ram them where the sun don’t shine.

There’s only one thing he cares about and it’s his precious, guilt laden Celtic.

He doesn’t want a strong Hearts. That would be a threat to his beloved.

I’m not romanced or fooled by his bullshit. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

It's hardly groundbreaking to say we are under achieving.

He's a dreary ***** with little positive to say about anything of significance. Typical OF sycophant, employed because of who he played for rather than his journalistic ability.

Leave aside the natural anger at someone having a pop at Hearts but he’s right. For a club our size and supporter base We have underachieved. Radical thoughts are now needed as the club heads towards fan ownership. The current setup is manifestly wrong, as proven by our team play. FOH need to have a hard look at the future and not fall into the trap of complacency.

1 hour ago, TurboT said:

A few glaring errors in the article regarding Locke and The game at Tynecastle but makes some valid points.

4 trophies in over 50 years is shocking, everything to do with hearts at the moment is excellent except for the most important part, on the pitch. 

What`s the error with Locke? 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
41 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be honest, anyone that sees the Edinburgh teams as some of sort of dual entity is a moron and not worth listening to. 

correct :lol:

This assumption Levein was pulling strings on Neilson and latterly Cathro is utterly ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I want Levein out. His position is untenable, clearly the players aren't responding to his footballing philosophy, as we'd be winning if they were. IMO Leveins role with Neilson and Cathro was as a sounding board and point of contact for the administrative side of football - dealing with agents, contracts etc. 

Regardless of Provan's bias, I think the article pretty much echos the feelings of 90% of Hearts fans. The mediocrity has went on for 3 seasons. We're now sitting in a relegation position which, given the resources at his disposal is utterly unforgivable. There are no excuses to having dropped points again Hamilton, Motherwell and Ross County. There are no excuses for having not won in the league since March.

Its utterly infuriating he's insisting he can turn things round, that we're 1 or 2 cogs away from everything coming together. Fact is, he's utterly unable to win without Naismith to nanny his players across the finishing line. His coaching set up is clearly piss poor, his tactics are ****ing depressing, his view on football is soul crushingly negative. What are we actually trying to do when we take to the field? Win, aye.. but how? By pressing and not being outfought? **** no. We seem to be trying to stop the other team playing, even if that team is Hamilton-****ing-accies. Accies are to try and stop us, not the other way around.. 

I want somebody who can come in and bring an arrogance back to how we play, we're the 3rd biggest club in the country with resources that not even rangers or celtic have (FOH) and yet we're sitting rock bottom because our manager thinks to beat Hamilton, Motherwell, RC, ****ing Edinburgh City you need to adjust your game to stop them playing. We have better players, ****ing impose ourselves on them and force them on the back foot. Jesus christ. 

I'd move heaven and earth to get a meeting with Davie Moyes. We might not be able to offer much in the way of cash, but surely having the freedom to shape the footballing department to his vision might give him something to think about, playing clean up detail for EPL/ Championship clubs who've decided they want to play flair football but are really shit at it so draft him in to try and save them then unceremoniously bin him can't be that appealing surely? Money might be good, but wheres the fulfilment? He has money, surely building something and creating a legacy at this point is worth more than more money which won't improve his standard of living any further?

Sorry that got really rambly.. really want Levein to **** and Moyes to come in to save the day :D 

Apart from a couple of obvious mistakes, hasn't he just said publicly what we are all thinking?

It isn't written very well at all, but surely this sort of thing is what we need if we seriously want change. 

48 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

What`s the error with Locke? 

If I recall correctly (not guaranteed, by the way) Locke wasn't sacked, it was simply the case that his contract wasn't renewed when it ended.

3 hours ago, Boof said:

59 seems a curious number to choose in counting back years of non-success.

Why would he choose such a precise number, I wonder...rhetorically.

It's 59 years since we won the league.

I was there at Love Street that day and if anyone had said we would not win the League in over 60 years (and counting) they would have been laughed at.

SpruceBringsteen

If any of the "I AGREE WITH HIM" lads could recount to me Takis getting sent off in 05/06 v Celtic whilst Stephen McManus got the metaphorical pat on the bum and wink, I'd be all ears. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Guy's a ***** and if he wants other teams to compete then he'd perhaps support substantial changes to the league, prize money etc. which don't simply entrench the OF's advantage.

To reiterate - Provan is a *****.

Correct. He's a cheating wee shite and to think we almost went for him instead of John Colquhoun! 

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, pablo said:

I'd rather be Hearts (or Hibs for that matter) than have bus loads of bigots from every shithole in Scotland and Nothern Ireland turn up each week. The Old Firm are only what they are because morons from dumps nobody has barely heard of, follow them in order to give themselves an identity and distract from their miserable existences.

👍🏼 Well said.

Byyy The Light
28 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

If any of the "I AGREE WITH HIM" lads could recount to me Takis getting sent off in 05/06 v Celtic whilst Stephen McManus got the metaphorical pat on the bum and wink, I'd be all ears. 

Still makes me feel sick. Have never been more deflated, angry, scunnered and pissed off leaving Tynecastle. Was the day I realised how corrupt and pointless the whole thing is. I’m still bitter as feck about it.

Not saying he's 100% wrong but how the **** are clubs outside of the old firm meant to become serial winners in Scotland. The financial disparity makes that literally impossible. 

John mcCartney

superb posts from the Dagger and Ott.......

Davie fecking Provan eh,what an utter rancid bellend .
Recall a few years ago co commentating on Sky,he only goes and describes one of the
premiership teams on show that night as Septic fc.......

3 hours ago, Prof said:

Leave aside the natural anger at someone having a pop at Hearts but he’s right. For a club our size and supporter base We have underachieved. Radical thoughts are now needed as the club heads towards fan ownership. The current setup is manifestly wrong, as proven by our team play. FOH need to have a hard look at the future and not fall into the trap of complacency.

I agree .

Play the ball and not the man in the case of this article.

I started a thread minimum requirements for a new manager.

I was basically called a dreamer for expecting these .

Over 3 years 

Top4/Europe 2 out of 3

4 points in Glasgow

2 cup finals.

Bottom 6 is a failure and ends contract.

How is that to much to expect? 

Before anyone says .

I started watching Hearts just before the yoyo years.

Edited by jake

The embodiment of Scottish football: a cheating bawbag of an old firm player who has a media gig because of it.

Feck him. 

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Still makes me feel sick. Have never been more deflated, angry, scunnered and pissed off leaving Tynecastle. Was the day I realised how corrupt and pointless the whole thing is. I’m still bitter as feck about it.

Indeed. Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen/whomever will NEVER win trophies regularly in this pisshole backwater. Provan knows this, knows EXACTLY why and is flicking his bellend about it. Rancid ****.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

4 hours ago, pablo said:

These morons also take Celtic and Rangers into the polling booth with them.

Sickens me. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Whenever his name pops up all I can think of is him and Ian Crocker on sky sports absolutely delighting whenever Scotland lose. Provan as an Ireland fan and Crocker as a rabid racist. Anyway he’s got a point here though.

Shit journalim!

It's very easy to be critical, what solutions does he offer? 

Usual derogatory remarks about anyone but his beloved "Hoops"

Edited by YellowSub

Forever Hearts
14 hours ago, andyscott82 said:

Typical arrogant weegie arsehole. Even if there were some valid points (although not many), I wouldn’t give them a second thought because of the condescending manner in which that prick delivered them. 

**** Davie Provan, and all his ilk. 

He's not from Glasgow and apart from the venue his article is spot on. Many won't like it though because the truth hurts. 

Spot on with his article to think Hamilton,Ross County and Livingston are

above Hearts and Hibs in the league is embarrassing 

Also the state of scottish football with the two Dundee clubs in the 

lower division sadly it looks like the old firm will keep dominating forever 

17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's not from Glasgow and apart from the venue his article is spot on. Many won't like it though because the truth hurts. 

Ok, apart from not giving a shit where he’s from - he acts and talks like a a weegie, so he’s one of them, you agree with the following way he describes our club, and the arsehole, condescending, arrogant way he talks about us?

“twin imposters”

“reduced this game to a sideshow”

“makes you wonder why we still take the Edinburgh clubs seriously.”

“media darling Ann Budge”

“the Ian Cathro experiment”

“worked the rookie coach like a drone”

“At the serious football clubs”

“the holiday camp derby”

Before we even get onto the simple things like having next week’s game at Tynie, or Lockie being ‘sacked’. 

If if you still think the man is to be taken seriously, and that he has any input about our club that we should listen to or give the the time of day, I’m not sure we’re ever going to be on the same page. 

15 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Locke wasn't sacked.

CL didn't control Cathro. 

Games at Easter Road.

Horrendous journalism.

What do expect from an absolute cheat as a player !  Ask willie johnstone ?ex hearts player...?

13 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Good post. Media is full of cowards who won't have a go at the 2 bigoted teams in the West. They choose easy targets and Provan, who dislikes us, is one of the cowards. Can't stand him. 

F.....g cheat !!!

13 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Daft !**! needs to see that both clubs have brought through a large number of players that have gone on to play for bigger clubs. Coached them from youth and sold them on, often not for the values they deserve given the investment in youth/sometimes seeing them leave for nowt. They offer lots to the game in Scotland away from simply a trophy count. What a classless turd Provan is.

Mega 💩👌

Forever Hearts
34 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

Ok, apart from not giving a shit where he’s from - he acts and talks like a a weegie, so he’s one of them, you agree with the following way he describes our club, and the arsehole, condescending, arrogant way he talks about us?

“twin imposters”

“reduced this game to a sideshow”

“makes you wonder why we still take the Edinburgh clubs seriously.”

“media darling Ann Budge”

“the Ian Cathro experiment”

“worked the rookie coach like a drone”

“At the serious football clubs”

“the holiday camp derby”

Before we even get onto the simple things like having next week’s game at Tynie, or Lockie being ‘sacked’. 

If if you still think the man is to be taken seriously, and that he has any input about our club that we should listen to or give the the time of day, I’m not sure we’re ever going to be on the same page. 

The bullet point is that we massively underachieve, and he's spot on. 

I only hate Davie Provan marginally less than I hate Charlie Nicholas, with top spot going to Andy Walker, how these feckers are allowed to slaver and get paid about the beautiful game is beyond belief.

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The bullet point is that we massively underachieve, and he's spot on. 

So you’re prepared to ignore all the insults he flings at us, just because he maybe got one thing right (whilst completely ignoring the context and reasons behind our - and every other club in the country outside the weegie scum - underachievement)? 

Sound. 

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

So you’re prepared to ignore all the insults he flings at us, just because he maybe got one thing right (whilst completely ignoring the context and reasons behind our - and every other club in the country outside the weegie scum - underachievement)? 

Sound. 

He's a slavering erse, but he is spot on about the third biggest club in the country underachieving. Ok? 

About the only time I have agreed with Provan.  He normally slags us off as an act of cheap and lazy journalism but he is spot on with his assessment of us both being massive underachievers.

20 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

👍🏼 Well said.

Typical weegie no mark ,,, couldn't give a w....k what hearts have or havnt won,, were a decent club with a loyal fan base  and I'd rather be part of hmfc than part of  they b......s horrible  set up ,religious obsessed tramps 👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🖕

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Typical weegie no mark ,,, couldn't give a w....k what hearts have or havnt won,, were a decent club with a loyal fan base  and I'd rather be part of hmfc than part of  they b......s horrible  set up ,religious obsessed tramps 👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🖕

He's not from Glasgow.