• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Forever Hearts

• Hectormasson

• Bazzas right boot

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 15/09/2019 at 19:05, jockmac said:

He’s spot on, for a club with our support, we are seriously underachieving.

My only glimmer of hope, compared to previous decades, is we no longer have the burden of colossal debt round our necks. 

Never going to happen with Levein though, that’s why I would move mountains to get Davie Moyes in, along with a new coaching team of his choosing.

Moyes only mediocre success was at Everton where his team played “eye-bleeding” football and he had millions to spend. Not sure he is the right answer...

Bazzas right boot
On 15/09/2019 at 20:02, TheBigO said:

Perhaps if we'd monetised bigotry, we could have been as big as the OF clubs.

****ing OF centric scum who feel they can have a go at anyone else in Scotland for their lack of success. Riles me, man.

Years of being opressed by Glasgow and its pocketed succulent lamb media and procession of ex pros.

I've given this serious thought, off topic but there is a market for a club to really take on the Scottish brand. 

I'm not saying we should do it it, but a club that went full Scottish could really hit a nerve with certain markets. 

Be only us or Aberdeen that could really do it I reckon (hibs too Irish, other clubs just too  small) , us being from the capital could take it on but politics would get in the way. 

If the Dundee clubs merged they could do it as well I reckon. 

It's a massive gap imo. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Moyes only mediocre success was at Everton where his team played “eye-bleeding” football and he had millions to spend. Not sure he is the right answer...

Moyes would be the biggest signing in our history..... 

No one is guaranteed to be successful, but Moyes would be bigger than Brendon going to celtic or Gerrard going to Rangers. 

Be a massive statement. 

Not happening tho. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
On 16/09/2019 at 04:55, SpruceBringsteen said:

Subhuman slime.

This.

People giving any credence to Provo are embarrassing themselves.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He can go **** himself.

No one else is, the red nosed poke faced, yellow teethed, tabaco stained, slavering shaved bawbag that he is. 

On 15/09/2019 at 19:53, A_A wehatethehibs said:

How many of the 177 possible trophies have been bought by Rangers and Celtic? To hazard a guess I reckon Probably 130 

There’s one reason and one reason only there’s no competition in Scottish football, it’s money. It’s **** all to do with the clubs identity or nature. It’s all about money. That’s what buys you good players. Give Hearts Hibs Aberdeen Rangers Celtic Kilmarnock Motherwell, give every top division team the same money, identical budgets to spend on players, then football will be competitive again in this country 

How are people expecting a £6m wage bill should be able to compete with a £60m wage bill? That was the case in the cup final last season.

Hearts and Hibs cannot buy players anywhere near as good as Rangers and Celtic so really there is no viable contest between the clubs. That’s why a rare silverware win for any non old firm club like Hearts Hibs or Aberdeen is so legendary. Bell ends like Provan are not willing to draw attention to the real imbalance and non level playing field of Scottish football 

Exactly this. Davie Provan is not "spot on" with his article. Scottish football is a parochial backwater and the capital city clubs have been cheated out of trophies. EBTs, 11-1 voting rights, Rangers - Sevco "armageddon". 

There is no way any team can make a sustainable challenge to the OF in modern football. We could "do a Leicester" and win it once but OF dominance has been and always will be the story of Scottish Football.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 15/09/2019 at 11:41, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Their are plenty of bits you can pick at and critique. However the majority of that is spot on. 

These bits are especially easy to pick:

Levein’s record has been poorer than Cathro’s: Factually wrong

Squeezing the Old Firm every season: Since when in the history of Scottish football?

They’ll explain how unique this fixture is, how the eyes of the football world will be on Tynecastle next Sunday: No-one has ever said this or even thought it, except in the fevered imagination of whoever made up this piece of fiction

Then there's everything else as well. I wonder which talentless red top hack really wrote this stream of shit? 

Everything about this thread is nauseating. The Sun, Davie Provan, folk crawling up the arse of either/both. A real low point for this forum. 🤮

It is basically all that is wrong with Scottish football in microcosm. Glaswegian parochialism and and envy of Edinburgh as a city; Talking down the Scottish game when you are meant to be making a living from promoting it; dragging up history again and again and again; factual errors and lies...

On 15 September 2019 at 18:50, Bunny Munro said:

Locke wasn't sacked.

CL didn't control Cathro. 

Games at Easter Road.

Horrendous journalism.

This 100%.  

Provan  is an arse. Funny how you never ever see him writing about the perverse bigotry though west. He has an in depth knowledge about that.  An article littered with inaccuracies a out the Edinburgh Derby sums up the man's knowledge.

Edited by Deevers

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, Deevers said:

This 100%.  

Provan  is an arse. Funny how you never ever see him writing about the perverse bigotry though west. He has an in depth knowledge about that.  An article littered with inaccuracies a out the Edinburgh Derby sums up the man's knowledge.

Wrong. He's called it out on numerous occasions. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3917562/celtic-rangers-work-harder-eliminate-bigots-davie-provan/amp

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Fair enough. Not a publication I read. His article in the Derby though is still nonsense though.

Forever Hearts
56 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Fair enough. Not a publication I read. His article in the Derby though is still nonsense though.

So you don't read it but you knew he never has a go at Rangers and Celtic on sectarianism? Have I got that right? 

4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Everything about this thread is nauseating. The Sun, Davie Provan, folk crawling up the arse of either/both. A real low point for this forum. 🤮

Im not crawling up anyone's arse mate tbh i wish i hadn't started this thread tbf because the reaction from some people is pathetic yes provan is an arse or whatever they want to call him i hate him too for what it's worth. He is a Cheat etc etc. 

But feel he has some valid points that's all, but im not crawling up the guys arse never once have i said you are crawling up Leveins arse the reason because i respect your opinion but i feel like at times you aren't aloud to have one on here anyway 👍

This is the article that Forever Hearts just posted 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3917562/celtic-rangers-work-harder-eliminate-bigots-davie-provan/amp

Edited by Bongo 1874

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Im not crawling up anyone's arse mate tbh i wish i hadn't started this thread tbf because the reaction from some people is pathetic yes provan is an arse or whatever they want to call him i hate him too for what it's worth. He is a Cheat etc etc. 

But feel he has some valid points that's all, but im not crawling up the guys arse never once have i said you are crawling up Leveins arse the reason because i respect your opinion but i feel like at times you aren't aloud to have one on here anyway 👍

This is the article that Forever Hearts just posted 

Apologies. Wasn’t aimed at you in particular. Can’t stand Provan and can’t stand the Sun. probably a bit unfair on you though, whether I meant to be or not.

avhudtheteeshirt
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Read this and if it ever comes to fruition, Rangers and Celtic will become backwater clubs with little or no support!!!

Talk to most Rangers or Celtic fans about each other, and very few will not use some sectarian wording in their summation of the other club!!!

Both are rotten to the core, and always will be!!!! 

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Glaswegian parochialism and and envy of Edinburgh as a city; Talking down the Scottish game when you are meant to be making a living from promoting it;

Ah, you kill me.

The OF aren't Glasgow. Aye, they're based there but their fans come from all over Scotland and beyond. In fact, stand outside Haymarket or Waverley when either are at home and see how many Edinburgers identify with the bigot brothers.

The Glasgow Derby is QP v Plastic Whistle. The OF Derby is a re-enactment of Irish history for people, wherever they're from, who don't do history but like hating stuff.

Most OF-lovin' pundits actually talk UP Scottish football - but only when it's as they like, with the bigot bros on top and everyone else bored with it.

Not envious of Edinburgh at all. Edinburgh is a fine city - Castle from Princes Street, or Princes Street from Calton Hill are World Class cityscapes. ALMOST up there with Glasgow Cathedral and the Bridge of Sighs from the Necropolis, Glasgow Uni from Kelvingrove, or Pollok House from the river....

(runs away furiously)

1 minute ago, kirkierobroy said:

Ah, you kill me.

The OF aren't Glasgow. Aye, they're based there but their fans come from all over Scotland and beyond. In fact, stand outside Haymarket or Waverley when either are at home and see how many Edinburgers identify with the bigot brothers.

The Glasgow Derby is QP v Plastic Whistle. The OF Derby is a re-enactment of Irish history for people, wherever they're from, who don't do history but like hating stuff.

Most OF-lovin' pundits actually talk UP Scottish football - but only when it's as they like, with the bigot bros on top and everyone else bored with it.

Not envious of Edinburgh at all. Edinburgh is a fine city - Castle from Princes Street, or Princes Street from Calton Hill are World Class cityscapes. ALMOST up there with Glasgow Cathedral and the Bridge of Sighs from the Necropolis, Glasgow Uni from Kelvingrove, or Pollok House from the river....

(runs away furiously)

Glasgow is the most parochial place I have ever lived, and I've lived in quite a few places...

Hagar the Horrible

The sad bit is this where you give a monkey a typewriter and sooner or later Shakespeare! some resemblance of truth comes out?  Yes he is not held in high regard, more so on here, but he is more or less spot on, and just because we hate him saying it, We are Newcastle to Hibs Leeds!  Perhaps we should be more hateful and victimidate all others, but I would rather still be us,! Rather than Sevco spending money they don't have with no future, and Thellik who live in a country they loathe.

Our wounds are all self inflicted, Vlad kept hitting the self destruct button, while Ann thinks she is in an audition for Dragons Den,  We have had times when they were the right people off the park, and with a crap team, now the same people have outstayed their welcome, as the squad is as good as anybodies, but the team is the worst.  We need it right off and on the park at  the same time,  And CL is the wrong man at the wrong time,  Budge needs to be a wee bit more ruthless with CL, and we need to be a lot less the best supporters and a lot less apathetic.  Stop accepting mediocrity.  We need to adopt a sense of entitlement.