• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• H2

• gashauskis9

• GinRummy

• i8hibsh

I feel bad for the guy, but he was totally out of his depth yesterday. A different manager might get something out of him, but it’s not working just now. I haven’t seen the goals back yet but at the time he looked to me to be entirely culpable for their second. 

Just now, indianajones said:

This.

Add it to another weird decision from our clown of a manager. 

Sad but true eh? 

Has anyone phoned JJ to come sort this mess out. 

I have some sympathy for him. He looked really good before his injury but has never had a run of games since coming back to build his confidence and match fitness back up. He will always be behind Smith in the pecking order so that makes it very difficult for him and puts a lot of pressure on him to do well when selected.

I don’t think he has been managed well as he needs games and has only been thrown in sporadically. He needs a run in the team before we can judge him fairly.

I know he's a younger but he is utterly horrendous and consistently so . 

Another shocker again yesterday . Say it all about Levein, shouldn't be considered under any circumstances. 

Dont mean to be bad here but he's very lucky to be playing football how he plays for us is beyond me add to that every time he plays he looks like getting booked or sent off sadly not good enough. 

Had no issue with his performance yesterday, plugged away and tried to create a bit of urgency in a back four that looks ****ing hungover every week.

Lots of groundwork to make up having often been 3rd/4th choice last year, but the lad’s attitude gives me at least an ounce of hope.  

I really feel for Brandon and Hickey.  Constantly sold short by a midfield who should be wearing sleeping bags and two central defenders who  pass a ball as if it’s a bag of concrete.

13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I actually thought yesterday was one of his better games. Would have defended their third better. Then again he is a defender 

Oh ffs , there are no words for this post , I'm out lol 

Absolutely no player is playing well and I'll wait until a new manager comes in before fully passing judgement on the relatively new guys. 

I'll be surprised if Brandon makes it at us though.

Shame any young players are being exposed to us at the moment to be honest.

14 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I actually thought yesterday was one of his better games. Would have defended their third better. Then again he is a defender 

Agree with this. Still don't rate him long term....

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Had no issue with his performance yesterday, plugged away and tried to create a bit of urgency in a back four that looks ****ing hungover every week.

Lots of groundwork to make up having often been 3rd/4th choice last year, but the lad’s attitude gives me at least an ounce of hope.  

I really feel for Brandon and Hickey.  Constantly sold short by a midfield who should be wearing sleeping bags and two central defenders who  pass a ball as if it’s a bag of concrete.

Holy shit 😳

Godinho had way more about him Imo he also had way more potential. He looked like the lad who put his head down and grafted. Don't think I ever seen Godinho give up. 

Brandon. If he's not getting booked. Sent off or giving away a goal, hes probably just about to come on the park. 

Edited by Blacky87

Just now, ramrod said:

Holy shit 😳

Didn’t say he played well, nobody did.  Just think we’ve stooped to a new low digging into youngsters who’re being dragged in out of the cold every couple of months.

2 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

Godinho had way more about him Imo he also had way more potential. He looked like the lad who put his head down and grafted. Don't think I ever seen Godinho give up. 

Brandon. If he's not getting booked. Sent off or giving away a goal, hes probably just about to come on the park. 

When did Brandon give up?

How many goals has Brandon given away?

He did have a total shocker yesterday; Seedorf completely roasted him. That said, the decision to sub him & ask Clare to fill in at right back (when Smith was fit enough to be on the bench) was absolute bonkers & further demonstrated that Levein doesn't know what he's doing anymore.

Edited by Werner Herzog

Absolutely miles out of his depth during every first team performance he’s had in the last year.

Yesterday he was up there with the worst ever, like Kevin Twaddle v Hibs bad. 

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

When did Brandon give up?

How many goals has Brandon given away?

It's just my opinion fella. 

I'm not sky sports analyst, however I stand by it he always looks way out his depth and I don't think I can ever say I've seen him look comfortable. Can never say I've seen him stroll a game. 

However, 

Nobody is at the moment.  Maybe I'll be corrected with a new manager playing him. 

If so I retract it. 

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Didn’t say he played well, nobody did.  Just think we’ve stooped to a new low digging into youngsters who’re being dragged in out of the cold every couple of months.

Had an excellent view of him in the first half yesterday and every aspect of his game was utterly horrendous. It gives me no pleasure in saying this but that's the facts I'm afraid . I don't blame the kid , it's a shame but Levein has a nasty habit of hanging player out to dry, especially kids . 

No offence to you by the way 👍🏻

Jamie Brandon is Championship level at absolute best.

He was so far out of his depth again yesterday that you have to wonder what he is showing to still be around. His positional sense is non existent and he’s soft. 

Numerous times yesterday he went charging around the park chasing every pass Motherwell played, which left a big gaping hole for Seedorf to exploit when they lofted a pass out to him. 

If I can see it from the stands, as an unqualified supporter, then how can none of our coaching staff see it and tell him to stay disciplined?

23 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He didn't look our worst player, I pity all the youngsters in the team in this environment, it could ruin some of them.  

Ernie Eskilsson

I agree, he was poor yesterday but he’s never had a run of games, I wouldn’t write him off yet. I think the youngsters in general have been mismanaged by Levein. They come into the team from nowhere and are discarded equally quickly. It’s two years since Cochrane and McDonald were brought into the team and now they’re on loan at bottom of the championship Dunfermline. Connor Smith who was thrown into the team at a difficult time last season and did well is also now on loan. Is that really the best thing for them? I don’t think so. I’d prefer them to be in our squad rather than MacLean, Clare, Bozanic etc. They’d learn more from Whelan, Damour, Haring, Walker and Washington than they will out on Loan and are worthy of some game time rather than a lot of the journeymen Levein has bloated the squad with.

Looked semi-ok before his injury. 

Woeful now and will be gone on a free at the end of the season when his deal expires.

I heard that he wanted to leave in the summer and was told no. 

Not his fault at all, but he really isn't good enough to be playing with Hearts, never mind at this level. Will be another player who never plays at a higher level than hearts and will inevitably find himself playing in the lower leagues in Scotland.

23 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I don't think Brandon is anywhere near good enough, but totally agree about Hickey. 

This squad/environment isn't the right place to develop a high-potential youngster at the moment unfortunately. We're going to shatter his confidence. 

Don't know what's happened to him since his long term injury. Looked very assured at his job when he was first in the team, looked pretty solid initially under Cathro then Levein but, like most of the others...no confidence, no form, no nothing. Just another to add to the list.

10 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

I don't think Brandon is anywhere near good enough, but totally agree about Hickey. 

This squad/environment isn't the right place to develop a high-potential youngster at the moment unfortunately. We're going to shatter his confidence. 

I fear for Hickey.  Berra is ruining his confidence and giving him no support.  Quite a few times yesterday where Hickey had it covered down the left and Berra stormed across and complicated things.  Then there was a short pass to him in the first half that I swear Berra was aiming at row z of the Wheatfield the power he put behind it.

He looks out his depth if i consider Hickey and Irving in terms of age and composure he is miles behind.

Maybe people will realise the consistency of someone like Michael Smith.

56 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

He did have a total shocker yesterday; Seedorf completely roasted him. That said, the decision to sub him & ask Clare to fill in at right back (when Smith was fit enough to be on the bench) was absolute bonkers & further demonstrated that Levein doesn't know what he's doing anymore.

Was utterly fecking gobsmacked at that desion too at the game. Even those who sit behind me  and are usually non vocal and near enough for me to hear them say," your joking,Clair at right back, feck me""...

Chaps with have an utter clown as manager. Not once did i see McPhee emerge from the "hideout," sorry ,i ment  dugout either...

There is no way Smith would have cost us that goal Clair did, he would have put the ball and maybe the player too  in the wheatfield or passed it back to Boyle. 

Edited by maroonlegions

Think a wee bit perspective is needed!!! He’s still only 21 with less than 25 first team appearances, players develop differently and getting roasted from Hearts fans is hardly going to do anything for him

1 minute ago, Angus Ogg said:

Think a wee bit perspective is needed!!! He’s still only 21 with less than 25 first team appearances, players develop differently and getting roasted from Hearts fans is hardly going to do anything for him

He is getting destroyed by Levin mate end off. Age or not,  he is being  hung out to dry. MS had something when he said Levin is a destructive manager.

Stewie Griffin

Nowhere near good enough for Hearts . Sooner Michael Smith is back the better. Would rather we played Dikamona out of position yesterday Brandon is that bad

Michael Smith can't get back quick enough.

Worryingly though I'm not sure who was worse.. Brandon or Berra.. Neither are good enough..

18 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Nowhere near good enough for Hearts . Sooner Michael Smith is back the better. Would rather we played Dikamona out of position yesterday Brandon is that bad

Shows you football game of opinion because imo dikamona shout for right back his one of the most horrendous shouts heard on here and heard quite a few