Levein - stay or go. New poll (15.9.19)

Swanny17

Craig Levein - stay or go poll (15.9.19)  

1,101 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simple really, do you think Craig Levein should remain at the club or not?

• Yes, he should stay in whatever capacity
    • No, he must go and be relieved of all duties

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Its not your board. If you ask a poster a question and another poster decides to get involved in that discussion then that is ok. If you’d like to avoid anyone else commenting then that is what the PM function is for. 

It seems as if it's your board, telling people what functions to use and when.

It was a straight question to another poster.  I didn't ask you and don't particularly want your opinion on it.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• JamboAl

• Sagan

• Blacky87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It seems as if it's your board, telling people what functions to use and when.

It was a straight question to another poster.  I didn't ask you and don't particularly want your opinion on it.

Just giving you factual advice on how to avoid other posters getting in the way of your conversation. 

kingantti1874
On 04/10/2019 at 17:25, JFK-1 said:

I feel it goes without saying that labeling Naismith a key player would amount to an understatement. I would deem a fit Naismith to be the first name on a Levein first 11.

A fit Naismith doesn't just provide goals - the very presence of such quality creates disturbances in opposition setups that can develop into openings for others.

The kind of player who provides that qualitative edge required to frequently get that odd goal for a result of any kind in this very tight league. 

some team in this league are operating on 20% of our budget, and they all have injuries.. disgraceful to be so reliant on 1 player

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just giving you factual advice on how to avoid other posters getting in the way of your conversation. 

I just gave you factual advice on not answering for someone else.

Just now, JamboAl said:

I just gave you factual advice on not answering for someone else.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I won’t do it again (unless I feel the need).

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I won’t do it again (unless I feel the need).

Good for you.

Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

203 people still want him at the club. Unbelievable.  

We manage to beat a poor Hibs team and draw at home to the worst Aberdeen team in many years and a few fans want Levein to stay which is understandable as there's always that small percentage who know little about football. Yesterday you couldn't say that the Hearts team was so weak on paper that Levein had an excuse for that dismal display.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

203 people still want him at the club. Unbelievable.  

Some absolute gimp was giving it the “give him until Christmas” line after those two results. Incredible.

Some of our fan base are as clueless as Budge.

Gorgie Boys are in town.
20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Some absolute gimp was giving it the “give him until Christmas” line after those two results. Incredible.

Some of our fan base are as clueless as Budge.

I struggle to comprehend this mindset.  They clearly support Levein more than Hearts imo. Strange denial of the facts.

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Have you stopped your truce on CL?

I’m trying Al, I really am! 🥴

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

some team in this league are operating on 20% of our budget, and they all have injuries.. disgraceful to be so reliant on 1 player

Taking the OF out of it I can find nothing to indicate such an imbalance between the remaining 10. And the key factor here is wage budget since no one but the OF have a transfer budget.

"Aberdeen and Hearts, third and fourth going by financial reports, had an average of €8m, meaning the top two paid out more than five times as much in salary.

On average the remaining eight teams had a wage bill of €5m per season.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/incredible-financial-gulf-between-rangers-15697998

That leaves the rest with an average of 62.5% the wage budget Hearts have which is a long way above 20%  and given we're all operating in the same freebie league 1/2 market it's little of an advantage.

Hearts do have a quality advantage but currently the most important elements of it are unavailable. It simply has to be accepted that Craig Levine will be in charge for the rest of the season while everyone looks for an improvement as the injury crisis resolves. I believe Naismith alone could make a significant difference.

The suggestion that some other manager within the realistic reach of Hearts could come in and make a startling transformation is to me just fantasy in what's a very tight league indeed even when there is a massive difference in wage budget as Celtic discovered today.

The few who always come out with statements like "we can't pay the wages to compete with Celtic & Rangers" should look at our league position. We can't compete with most of the Premiership I'm afraid. 

On 05/10/2019 at 19:45, Longshanks said:

No actual Hearts fan enjoyed that today.  

Let’s not get carried away here.

It was perhaps a slightly disappointing day for the football department. But as the numbers probably haven’t been crunched yet, it could still turn out to have been another magnificent day for Heart of Midlothian.