The bouncing Czech

braveheart

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Well apply for the Hearts job in due course if you are that good...

Not that good. Never seen a team member treated publicly  in that manner tho, at least  not by anyone who was successful in team managing.

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

How many times does it need said, before you guys understand?

The man was 27, not an 18 year old kid. He was very very unprofessional. He turned up in January badly out of shape. He was not even fit by the time he was needed for the first game back after the January break. So, knowing the fans expected to see the shiny new striker they'd been talking about for months, Levein played him...He was blowing after 20 minutes.  We all saw that the guy was not fit, but he was not injured, just badly unfit. 

The way Levein handled it was tough, yes, but not unfair. Vanacek himself realised this and publicly apologised. 

Only you guys seem to fail to understand it. Simply because it suits you not to. 

Why did Craig play him if he was so unfit? 

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I didn't say that. You are choosing to infer that. You are wrong.

What blame should he take for the vanacek situation? 

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not that good. Never seen a team member treated publicly  in that manner tho, at least  not by anyone who was successful in team managing.

Well he didn't last long after that did he?  Say what you like about Levein, there are many valid reasons to criticise him, but in THIS instance the fault was 100% with Vanacek.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Why did Craig play him if he was so unfit? 

FFS...

Again, to show the fans and the player himself, what a state he was in.

Just now, Spellczech said:

FFS...

This is fantastic. He couldn't have shown him by any other means? Lol  

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Don't talk utter rubbish. He was at our training camp in Spain and his fitness would have been assessed otherwise why did Levein play him in the very first game.

Great man management to then take him off and tell the media that he is crap and not fit.

Is that the way to deal with a new player who is in a strange country and playing his first game.

Did he do the same with wonder boy Sean Clare?

The player was wrong to come in poor condition, by Levein knew he was unfit and overweight.  He also saw him in training.  He still picked him.    Then publicly ripped into him. 

That aside, if he really is or was shit, it was Levein that signed him. 

Edited by Paolo

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

What blame should he take for the vanacek situation? 

None. the guy turned up so unfit that he couldn't even get fit by the end of the Christmas break even though he was given his own personal fitness plan. Yes Levein publicly showed both the fans and Vanacek that he was ridiculously unprofessional, and that is tough management, but the player deserved it for going partying when he should've been preparing for his new job.

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

FFS...

That’s not very professional from Craig. So he dismissed that game just to prove a point on a player he had signed? 

You’re trolling or are stupid. 

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

This is fantastic. He couldn't have shown him by any other means? Lol  

Of course he could. But he couldn't have shown the fans by any other means. It looks like the guy burned his bridges by failing to be ready for the first game after the Christmas break. Should a manager take the softly softly approach to such unprofessionalism in a senior pro? I don't think so. 

Edited by Spellczech

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

That’s not very professional from Craig. So he dismissed that game just to prove a point on a player he had signed? 

You’re trolling or are stupid. 

Were you around at the time? Uche was injured and MacLean was struggling to play every game. What real choice did he have?

Were you around at the time? Uche was injured and MacLean was struggling to play every game. What real choice did he have?

So you suggest a manager plays a player he knows is not fit? 

All you’re doing is highlighting Craig’s awful management. 

11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

FFS...

So he deliberately picked a player that wasn’t fit, to the team’s detriment, just to prove a point.   That also sounds unprofessional.  

Edited by Paolo

pettigrewsstylist
18 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

FFS...

Top bloke. 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

If he wasn’t fit why did Levein play him. Another baffling decision. I am not buying that he didn’t get into shape during 5 month period, there was more to the Vanachek story. 

There must have been more to it. 

57 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think you are the one that can't see the truth of the matter. The problem clearly lies with Craig Levein and you choose to ignore that fact.

I have never hidden my dislike for him as our Head Coach or whatver title he has bestowed on himself however I do not hate the man I just don't like what he is doing at our club so hate is not a good word to use.

I “hate” my team being at the bottom of the league!

Adam_the_legend
48 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Well he didn't last long after that did he?  Say what you like about Levein, there are many valid reasons to criticise him, but in THIS instance the fault was 100% with Vanacek.

Or perhaps you’re wrong considering the vast majority of people disagree with your position. CL absolutely mismanaged the vanacek situation, it’s clear as day.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

We all saw what he was like in Scotland, so what is your point? If he has become more professional then good for him - lesson learned. If that should benefit another team then, again, so be it...

I only saw him once I think before he developed Levein Flu. FWIW I didn't think he looked that bad, but he's not alone in catching the Flu, Ryan Edwards looked like a functional combative mid-fielder but was pissed around by CL until sheer necessity brought him back, and then he looked like the decent player we sure as hell could be using now. Ben Garrucio was a better full back and just as effective as Demetri Mitchell going forward but guess what!

I'm beginning to wonder if at least some  of the injuries and the obvious lack of cohesion in the squad don't have an underlying cause, that is, the players just don't like or even trust Craig Levein.

Meanwhile some players, like MacLean for instance, seem to get a game regularly, when I struggle to remember even one game when he's made a difference.

The more I think of yesterday, with Stephen Robinson dancing around the touchline urging his players on even when they were 3-1 up while CL sat on his arse and our team looked like a clueless bunch of headless chickens the worse I feel.

I'M GETTING REALLY ANGRY NOW!!!😠😡🤬😡

Edited by upgotheheads

Don't have to be fit to score goals ,just an eye for goal likes of zeefuik must have been the size of  2 players ,still we've got wighton to come back who will get a game before young keena,wighton scored 8 goals in his whole career for Dundee and we paid for him to

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Of course he could. But he couldn't have shown the fans by any other means. It looks like the guy burned his bridges by failing to be ready for the first game after the Christmas break. Should a manager take the softly softly approach to such unprofessionalism in a senior pro? I don't think so. 

He could've just told us.  

I wonder if AB is thinking something along the lines of 'I've backed this guy all the way with cash for players and facilities and we're still in the 5h1t'?

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly, some folk just can't see the wood for the trees. A bit like the story about Lee's family not being able to settle up here until Lee tells the Daily Record  that he had a disagreement with Levein about tactics which prompted his move out on loan.

Truth is Lee was pish.

As is Levein's tenure as HC (thought I would get that in before you ☺)

Just one of the many players treated poorly by this regime even if after signing some of these players they don't think they are good enough,treat them with a bit respect and move them on,some of the man management has been disgusting. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Don't talk utter rubbish. He was at our training camp in Spain and his fitness would have been assessed otherwise why did Levein play him in the very first game.

Great man management to then take him off and tell the media that he is crap and not fit.

Is that the way to deal with a new player who is in a strange country and playing his first game.

Did he do the same with wonder boy Sean Clare?

This.

I think Levein has mental problems and unresolved issues.....Don't laugh there's a diagnosis in there somewhere.....!!

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

So circumstance forced his hand and rather being understanding about the player not being ready and he publicly slates the player for being thrown in to show him and us and he wouldn't have done it otherwise?  That was just levein being smart enough to maximise the situation?  He should've handled some aspects of it better. 

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I have managed dozens of teams in my life, in a highly competitive environment over 30+ yrs. I have never treated a team member like that, outwith the privacy of the team. I would remove anyone that did, from their posts, immediately. 

Strugglin'

2 hours ago, Paolo said:

So he deliberately picked a player that wasn’t fit, to the team’s detriment, just to prove a point.   That also sounds unprofessional.  

In your opinion. 

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

So circumstance forced his hand and rather being understanding about the player not being ready and he publicly slates the player for being thrown in to show him and us and he wouldn't have done it otherwise?  That was just levein being smart enough to maximise the situation?  He should've handled some aspects of it better. 

In your opinion.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I only saw him once I think before he developed Levein Flu. FWIW I didn't think he looked that bad, but he's not alone in catching the Flu, Ryan Edwards looked like a functional combative mid-fielder but was pissed around by CL until sheer necessity brought him back, and then he looked like the decent player we sure as hell could be using now. Ben Garrucio was a better full back and just as effective as Demetri Mitchell going forward but guess what!

I'm beginning to wonder if at least some  of the injuries and the obvious lack of cohesion in the squad don't have an underlying cause, that is, the players just don't like or even trust Craig Levein.

Meanwhile some players, like MacLean for instance, seem to get a game regularly, when I struggle to remember even one game when he's made a difference.

The more I think of yesterday, with Stephen Robinson dancing around the touchline urging his players on even when they were 3-1 up while CL sat on his arse and our team looked like a clueless bunch of headless chickens the worse I feel.

I'M GETTING REALLY ANGRY NOW!!!😠😡🤬😡

I agree with a lot of that. But I don't think Levein is to blame for Vanacek, the striker we really needed to be ready for the first game after the winter break, not being ready...

10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

In your opinion.

You're saying that if the other players hadn't been injured he wouldn't have done it that way.  

Edited by FruitJuice

Sexton Hardcastle

Hearts sign player - aww he’s amazing he’ll score loads.

Plays shite - gtf i always said he wasn’t good enough. 

Goes to another team and scores - ffs I always said he was amazing

Repeat with every single signing.

Our fans are as bad as the management

7 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You're saying that if the other players hadn't been injured he wouldn't have done it that way.  

Um I'm not Craig Levein. You'd have to ask him that one. 

I limit myself to trying to interpret what did happen, not what didn't happen...

Edited by Spellczech

Um I'm not Craig Levein. You'd have to ask him that one.

So maybe he would've handled it if things had been different but chose to use 45 mins of a league game to prove a point.  That worked a treat.  

27 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

In your opinion. 

Yes.  And of others too, looking at this thread.  And I think deliberately sabotaging  our chances of winning a match is not only unprofessional, but debatably a sackable offence. 

Edited by Paolo

4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

So maybe he would've handled it if things had been different but chose to use 45 mins of a league game to prove a point.  That worked a treat.  

Maybe you should've criticised his actions 8 months ago. I don't remember anyone doing so at the time. They say hindsight is 20/20. I'm not sure it is on here. Seems more like revisionism is the point of this thread...

Maybe you should've criticised his actions 8 months ago. I don't remember anyone doing so at the time. They say hindsight is 20/20. I'm not sure it is on here. Seems more like revisionism is the point of this thread...

At the time, numerous posters in here did criticise the way he handled that situation.   Even with hindsight you are still saying he handled it well.  He obviously never handled it completely well as you which you are disagreeing with by saying he got it 100% right.  

6 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

At the time, numerous posters in here did criticise the way he handled that situation.   Even with hindsight you are still saying he handled it well.  He obviously never handled it completely well as you which you are disagreeing with by saying he got it 100% right.  

I've said nothing of the sort. All I've done is say he handled it strongly, and listed numerous reasons why he may have opted for the route he took, including that we had very limited alternatives in the striker position in the first game after the winter break when Vanacek should've been fit to lead the line in...You are opting to ignore all these reasons in favour of painting Levein in the light you want to see him in.

47 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I've said nothing of the sort. All I've done is say he handled it strongly, and listed numerous reasons why he may have opted for the route he took, including that we had very limited alternatives in the striker position in the first game after the winter break when Vanacek should've been fit to lead the line in...You are opting to ignore all these reasons in favour of painting Levein in the light you want to see him in.

You're last sentence is nothing but a comfort blanket.  You said he only played him due to injuries and to show us and the player how unprofessional he had been.  I think levein has painted himself in the light that fans are seeing him in.  This has nothing to do with how people feel about levein the person and everything to do with where we are just now.  You're kidding no one.  You wanting him to stay as manager? 

15 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You're last sentence is nothing but a comfort blanket.  You said he only played him due to injuries and to show us and the player how unprofessional he had been.  I think levein has painted himself in the light that fans are seeing him in.  This has nothing to do with how people feel about levein the person and everything to do with where we are just now.  You're kidding no one.  You wanting him to stay as manager? 

You've just proved my point.

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

We signed the guy on a pre contract and had plenty time to speak with him and make sure he would turn up in a reasonable state of fitness. He had been playing for his previous club until only a few weeks before he went on holiday prior to joining our training camp.

Are you suggesting that we never assessed his fitness while in Spain?

Of course the fans had expectations of Vanacek  just as they do any other signings however some seem to be afforded chance after chance to prove themselves whereas others are not.

IT seems more and more with Levein if your face fits then you are given lots of chances if not then you are frozen out and binned costing the club a fortune.

Others like Berra and Clare; Walker and Djoum too, play every single week no matter what kind of performance they put in. Zlamal too. He gets dropped after a shut out and his replacement ships 5 against Hamilton and Mwell. The whole thing is bizarre and yes, of course there is far more to the Vanacek story than the "fitness" issue. Thankfully Levein's tenure is nearly over and, hopefully, starting at ER we can start again. The whole club will get a boost when Levein is moved on.