The bouncing Czech

braveheart

1 minute ago, braveheart said:

I see our "dud" Czech scored twice as tiny puskas academy move up into third .

We all saw what he was like in Scotland, so what is your point? If he has become more professional then good for him - lesson learned. If that should benefit another team then, again, so be it...

Just now, Spellczech said:

We all saw what he was like in Scotland, so what is your point? If he has become more professional then good for him - lesson learned. If that should benefit another team then, again, so be it...

My point is that he never got much of a chance and we,re left with far worse in our current team.just another in a very long list of players levein as mismanaged.

Just now, braveheart said:

My point is that he never got much of a chance and we,re left with far worse in our current team.just another in a very long list of players levein as mismanaged.

Did Levein mis-manage him? He rocked up overweight and out of condition whilst knowing he was coming in mid-season. That was ridiculously unprofessional. Levein was totally right to publicly call him out on it. He had 4-5 months at Hearts and didn't get into shape in that time. He burnt his bridges.

1 minute ago, braveheart said:

It was obvious that a bit like Olly Lee he crossed Levein and anyone who does that is frozen out. It is his nature he is vindictive and gets his way which in his eyes is always the correct way.

Just now, Spellczech said:

Did Levein mis-manage him? He rocked up overweight and out of condition whilst knowing he was coming in mid-season. That was ridiculously unprofessional. Levein was totally right to publicly call him out on it. He had 4-5 months at Hearts and didn't get into shape in that time. He burnt his bridges.

Don't talk utter rubbish. He was at our training camp in Spain and his fitness would have been assessed otherwise why did Levein play him in the very first game.

Great man management to then take him off and tell the media that he is crap and not fit.

Is that the way to deal with a new player who is in a strange country and playing his first game.

Did he do the same with wonder boy Sean Clare?

12 minutes ago, braveheart said:

I see our "dud" Czech scored twice as tiny puskas academy move up into third .

I think that’s 4 or 5 goals in 6 games this season for him. He scored in a win against fernacavaros the other week too! 

Just now, wavydavy said:

Don't talk utter rubbish. He was at our training camp in Spain and his fitness would have been assessed otherwise why did Levein play him in the very first game.

Great man management to then take him off and tell the media that he is crap and not fit.

Is that the way to deal with a new player who is in a strange country and playing his first game.

Clare was coming back from an injury. Vanacek was coming back from Burger King!

Levein knew the fans had expectations of Vanacek, so he showed the guy up as being totally unprofessional. 

4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He was hopeless.

How good is the Hungarian league anyway? Paksi had finished 2nd prior to getting hammered by us in 2011.

I’d say they don’t have a Celtic or rangers type team but have 3 or 4 that would be similar to what us, Aberdeen and hibs should be. Fernacavaros and Debrecen are the two big ones I think, with the former being in the Europa league. 

Edited by Dayman

If a player leaves Hearts and goes to a pishier wee diddy league and suddenly starts scoring, it does not suddenly make them a great player.

It means they've found their (pish) level.

16 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

If he wasn’t fit why did Levein play him. Another baffling decision. I am not buying that he didn’t get into shape during 5 month period, there was more to the Vanachek story. 

9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Levein knew the fans had expectations of Vanacek, so he showed the guy up as being totally unprofessional. 

We signed the guy on a pre contract and had plenty time to speak with him and make sure he would turn up in a reasonable state of fitness. He had been playing for his previous club until only a few weeks before he went on holiday prior to joining our training camp.

Are you suggesting that we never assessed his fitness while in Spain?

Of course the fans had expectations of Vanacek  just as they do any other signings however some seem to be afforded chance after chance to prove themselves whereas others are not.

IT seems more and more with Levein if your face fits then you are given lots of chances if not then you are frozen out and binned costing the club a fortune.

Sorry but because you’re scoring goals in the Hungarian league doesn’t mean you’re going to make it here. Two completely different types of football and most of the premiership here would give the majority of that league a doing. Including us!

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

If he wasn’t fit why did Levein play him. Another baffling decision. I am not buying that he didn’t get into shape during 5 month period, there was more to the Vanachek story. 

Exactly.

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

While always all of us can agree it is time for Levein to go this is just silly. Your logic seems to be Vanaceck was garbage, he should be given more chances. Clare was garbage he should be binned.

Vanacek was rubbish for Hearts. His performance away to Hamilton for example was brutal. Lots of us hoped he would come good but he didn't. The fact Levein is failing isn't a blank cheque to go back on every thing that has happened in the last 12months and blame it on Levein.

pettigrewsstylist

The whole sorry episode just reeks of another failure to asset manage in the modern era, and another example of resource ££  burning, through said mismanangment.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

While always all of us can agree it is time for Levein to go this is just silly. Your logic seems to be Vanaceck was garbage, he should be given more chances. Clare was garbage he should be binned.

Vanacek was rubbish for Hearts. His performance away to Hamilton for example was brutal. Lots of us hoped he would come good but he didn't. The fact Levein is failing isn't a blank cheque to go back on every thing that has happened in the last 12months and blame it on Levein.

I never said Vanacek was garbage that was Levein. I am saying that players such as Clare are given chance after chance to prove themselves whereas others such as Vanacek are or were not. 

4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Sorry but because you’re scoring goals in the Hungarian league doesn’t mean you’re going to make it here. Two completely different types of football and most of the premiership here would give the majority of that league a doing. Including us!

Correct. Except you've put "including us" instead of "except us".

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I was responding to another posters comments and now that you mention it regarding everything that has happened over the last twelve months this is just one or a myriad of things that could be aired and blamed on Levein.

30 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Get a grip ffs man, Levein completely mis-managed the guy, took a dislike to him for whatever reason and didn't give him a fair chance, the fact that folk still believe in this fitness nonsense sums up why Levein is being allowed to take the piss at Hearts.

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We signed the guy on a pre contract and had plenty time to speak with him and make sure he would turn up in a reasonable state of fitness. He had been playing for his previous club until only a few weeks before he went on holiday prior to joining our training camp.

Are you suggesting that we never assessed his fitness while in Spain?

Of course the fans had expectations of Vanacek  just as they do any other signings however some seem to be afforded chance after chance to prove themselves whereas others are not.

IT seems more and more with Levein if your face fits then you are given lots of chances if not then you are frozen out and binned costing the club a fortune.

Oh please - he was 27 years old. Why would a club ever think a 27yr old pro would turn up mid-season overweight and unable to play 45 mins let alone 90?

You are clutching at straws.

Of course his fitness was assessed in Spain, and found wanting. Levein had to then show the fans what a state the guy had turned up in. If he had tried to protect, and cover for, an unprofessional 27yr old then he WOULD be culpable of mismanagement. You've got it all wrong.

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Get a grip ffs man, Levein completely mis-managed the guy, took a dislike to him for whatever reason and didn't give him a fair chance, the fact that folk still believe in this fitness nonsense sums up why Levein is being allowed to take the piss at Hearts.

Exactly, some folk just can't see the wood for the trees. A bit like the story about Lee's family not being able to settle up here until Lee tells the Daily Record  that he had a disagreement with Levein about tactics which prompted his move out on loan.

34 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Levein had no right to call him out publicly! A good manager with decent man management would have dealt with it behind closed doors!

Instead Vanecek was a dead man walking!

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Oh please - he was 27 years old. Why would a club ever think a 27yr old pro would turn up mid-season overweight and unable to play 45 mins let alone 90?

Of course his fitness was assessed in Spain, and found wanting. Levein had to then show the fans what a state the guy had turned up in. If he had tried to protect, and cover for, an unprofessional 27yr old then he WOULD be culpable of mismanagement. You've got it all wrong.

Another Levein fanboy clutching at straws!

18 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I've already said why. To show the fans and the player, that he'd turned up in a right state. Would you rather Levein had protected the player? I wouldn't. Then it would be all about "why is Vanacek not playing, blah blah - Levein oot"

The problem was Vanacek not Levein. Stop trying to twist Vanacek's lack of professionalism to be Levein's fault. It won't stick.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly, some folk just can't see the wood for the trees. A bit like the story about Lee's family not being able to settle up here until Lee tells the Daily Record  that he had a disagreement with Levein about tactics which prompted his move out on loan.

It makes me uneasy the fact many are so willing to buy in to the propaganda sent out from the club, most recent scenario being the pitch in the first game of the season, folk had been brainwashed in thinking there was absolutely nothing wrong with it despite half of being totally bare :lol:

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Another Levein fanboy clutching at straws!

You are blinded by hate. You are not even capable of thinking straight...The Vanacek situation was clear as day. Yet you cannot see it.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

So his fitness was found wanting and Levein played him? Who's clutching at straws? It's you who needs to get a grip.

If the guy was genuinely not fit what would have been wrong with saying to the fans exactly that rather than publicly humiliating him. He has said other players need to get a pre season under their belt before playing so why not with him

That stinks of poor man management and tells you a bit about the character of Levein.

It doesn;t say a lot for the background checks and signing procedures at the club which Levein precides over if what you are saying is correct.

Any decent clubs nowadays use all the equipment at their disposal to assess players and they also provide them with suggested diets. If you recall Vanacek was over in Edinburgh prior to him joining us and suerly would have had a medical and fitness assessment done then.

Professional players don't lose fitness in a matter of a few weeks.

As others have said Levein just took a dislike to the guy for whatever reason and decided to make excuses to bin him

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You are blinded by hate. You are not even capable of thinking straight...The Vanacek situation was clear as day. Yet you cannot see it.

You are looking at it through Levein tinted specs!!

4 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

It makes me uneasy the fact many are so willing to buy in to the propaganda sent out from the club, most recent scenario being the pitch in the first game of the season, folk had been brainwashed in thinking there was absolutely nothing wrong with it despite half of being totally bare :lol:

Not to mention the fact that Levein himself said that he  would need two transfer windows to get things sorted.

Here we are four windows in and firmly rooted to the bottom of the league. 7 defeats and 3 draws from out last 10 league games and he still claims he can fix it and some folk still believe him :lol:

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think you are the one that can't see the truth of the matter. The problem clearly lies with Craig Levein and you choose to ignore that fact.

I have never hidden my dislike for him as our Head Coach or whatver title he has bestowed on himself however I do not hate the man I just don't like what he is doing at our club so hate is not a good word to use.

Edited by wavydavy

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I have managed dozens of teams in my life, in a highly competitive environment over 30+ yrs. I have never treated a team member like that, outwith the privacy of the team. I would remove anyone that did, from their posts, immediately. 

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not to mention the fact that Levein himself said that he  would need two transfer windows to get things sorted.

Here we are four windows in and firmly rooted to the bottom of the league. 7 defeats and 3 draws from out last 10 league games and he still claims he can fix it and some folk still believe him :lol:

And folk still think he's this die hard Hearts man that bleeds maroon.

He's an egomaniac on a power trip laughing in the faces of every single Hearts fan. He still thinks he's doing a good job. The 6 points of 4th quip tells you all you need to know about the guy.

47 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Another situation where levein isn't responsible for any of it.  The player should be taking a fair bit of responsibility if he did arrive unfit but you cant say Levein handled the who thing well.  As others have said, why was he seen good enough to play after the training camp and does you think levein handled everything right? 

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

And folk still think he's this die hard Hearts man that bleeds maroon.

He's an egomaniac on a power trip laughing in the faces of every single Hearts fan. He still thinks he's doing a good job. The 6 points of 4th quip tells you all you need to know about the guy.

He is starting to get desperate now with those sort of comments.

The worry for me now is that we win the Derby on Sunday and loads on here will think he has turned the corner.

It would be nice if that really is the case but I have my doubts.

5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I have managed dozens of teams in my life, in a highly competitive environment over 30+ yrs. I have never treated a team member like that, outwith the privacy of the team. I would remove anyone that did, from their posts, immediately. 

Well apply for the Hearts job in due course if you are that good...

11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You seem to be saying all criticism and the fans who are calling for him to leave are only doing so because they are blinded by hate.  If he stays and is allowed to do even more damage to the first team, hate will be an understatement.  Fans like you have got to understand that it's not hating him that's bringing lots of criticism,  it's hating the first team being so bad for so long.  

5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Another situation where levein isn't responsible for any of it.  The player should be taking a fair bit of responsibility if he did arrive unfit but you cant say Levein handled the who thing well.  As others have said, why was he seen good enough to play after the training camp and does you think levein handled everything right? 

How many times does it need said, before you guys understand?

The man was 27, not an 18 year old kid. He was very very unprofessional. He turned up in January badly out of shape. He was not even fit by the time he was needed for the first game back after the January break. So, knowing the fans expected to see the shiny new striker they'd been talking about for months, Levein played him...He was blowing after 20 minutes.  We all saw that the guy was not fit, but he was not injured, just badly unfit. 

The way Levein handled it was tough, yes, but not unfair. Vanacek himself realised this and publicly apologised. 

Only you guys seem to fail to understand it. Simply because it suits you not to. 

59 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

By unprofessional selecting him in games he knew he wasn’t fit for and unprofessionally losing us points? Masterstroke by Levein there right enough.

if Vanacek wasn’t anywhere near good enough Levein ****ed up in signing him in the first place. If he simply wasn’t fit or professional enough, his ‘coach’ had plenty time to notice that in training prior throwing away points to prove a childish point and acting like an unprofessional moron himself in the press.

Vanacek doesn’t come out of the situation with any glory but it was horrific management from Levein from  start to finish.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

8 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You seem to be saying all criticism and the fans who are calling for him to leave are only doing so because they are blinded by hate.  If he stays and is allowed to do even more damage to the first team, hate will be an understatement.  Fans like you have got to understand that it's not hating him that's bringing lots of criticism,  it's hating the first team being so bad for so long.  

I didn't say that. You are choosing to infer that. You are wrong.

Edited by Spellczech

Was fit enough to get thrown into the first team v livi strange that, Levein then threw him under the bus v dundee to try cover up his poor management skills.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He is starting to get desperate now with those sort of comments.

The worry for me now is that we win the Derby on Sunday and loads on here will think he has turned the corner.

It would be nice if that really is the case but I have my doubts.

He shouldn't be getting the benefit of the doubt because of a nine game run a year ago.  Having the worst league run in our history, being bottom of the leage and only winning 3 league games in a year shouldn't be overlooked because of that nine game run.  The only argument left is that we could do worse and none of his coaching staff are good enough to step in as interim manager.  Why is anyone wanting them to replace kevein full time if they aren't good enough for that.  The goor thing is that it finally rules any of them out.