Players gathering at the Oriam

mscjambo

scott herbertson
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

How do I book into a recovery session due to my involvement yesterday? 🧐

If you find out can you see if they are providing financial compensation too - I left after 60 minutes and therefore had 2 extra pints in Bensons (after the 6 in Stratties). My old body can't take this kind of drinking any more and I therefore slept right through my bus arriving in Birnam and woke up in Pitlochry -  result £25 for a taxi home.

I blame Levein

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• Peebo

• smiler

• mscjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

If you find out can you see if they are providing financial compensation too - I left after 60 minutes and therefore had 2 extra pints in Bensons (after the 6 in Stratties). My old body can't take this kind of drinking any more and I therefore slept right through my bus arriving in Birnam and woke up in Pitlochry -  result £25 for a taxi home.

I blame Levein

Tbf it was his fault. 

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I blame Levein

😂😂

30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It had a Sunday off since Easter 😂

😩😩

😂😂😂

you need to laugh or you would cry or get jailed for absolute rage with the club at the moment!!! 

37 minutes ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

What is the point in a cool down the day after?  This should be done right after any exercise.  no wonder we have so many injuries!

You do both. Most distance runners will go for a short easy run (recovery run) the day after a race to keep the muscles from seizing up. I suppose the same principle applies. 

siegementality
12 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Gathering to sign Craig’s fairwell card

Can we set up a justgiving page for his leaving present?

13 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I’ll be honest I think he’s resigning and this is why they are all there.

out of courtesy to let them all know before it gets released to the press.

Please. be true 🤞

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

What is the point in a cool down the day after?  This should be done right after any exercise.  no wonder we have so many injuries!

Do our players still do the running on the pitch after games. You see other teams doing that. 

I suppose none of us knows as we have left long before the final whistle :(

16 hours ago, Thought Police said:

They always do a recover session the day after a game and then get Monday off.

Hopefully they won’t get Monday off this time 

5 hours ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

This

6 hours ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

This

Do you two actually think a professional footballer doesn’t cool down after a game? A cool down is about slowing the heart rate and cooling the body temperature , preventing blood pooling and help with the disposal of waste products that will cause stiffness and pain. Ie: it puts your body back to its normal operating condition.

In relation to your posts there is a fair bit of research that leads people to believe it doesn’t have any effect on injury prevention. 

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Playing Football Manager 1947 on his laptop.

Reading the Sunday papers or talking to other members of staff is a likelier scenario.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm personally not blaming the players. they clearly haven't a clue what they're supposed to be doing.

I think they would be the first to be informed and face to face, before it hits the press.

Pubs don't usually need a booking.

I'm 100% blaming Uche and Claire for two goals yesterday. 

Claires one in particular was ridiculous. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I'm 100% blaming Uche and Claire for two goals yesterday. 

Claires one in particular was ridiculous. 

Re Clare, He's 22 years old, played about 5 positions, seldom managed two good games in a row and seems to be the first name on the team sheet every  week. Any other young player would have been dropped and had to fight for a place from the bench or through reserve games. 

It's absolutely piss poor management. Really diabolical not protecting Clare by leaving him out. Benefits absolutely nobody playing him every week. All it'll do is suck the confidence out of him.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Re Clare, He's 22 years old, played about 5 positions, seldom managed two good games in a row and seems to be the first name on the team sheet every  week. Any other young player would have been dropped and had to fight for a place from the bench or through reserve games. 

It's absolutely piss poor management. Really diabolical not protecting Clare by leaving him out. Benefits absolutely nobody playing him every week. All it'll do is suck the confidence out of him.

Fair point and tbh I think when Walker and Naismith are playing, Clare drops to bench. 

Luckily or unluckily for him he's played more due to injuries. 

In regards to yesterday, He still needs to do better with that goal tho. No excuses for him. Shambles and 100% his fault. 

22 hours ago, mscjambo said:

I had a mate who did some coaching with the youth team a few years back. His words on these two were they'd never put a cone down prior to getting their gigs with us. Really questionable coaching CVS

Maybe at Cowdenbeath they use Stock Cars rather than cones !!

10 hours ago, sadj said:

Do you two actually think a professional footballer doesn’t cool down after a game? A cool down is about slowing the heart rate and cooling the body temperature , preventing blood pooling and help with the disposal of waste products that will cause stiffness and pain. Ie: it puts your body back to its normal operating condition.

In relation to your posts there is a fair bit of research that leads people to believe it doesn’t have any effect on injury prevention. 

That’s pretty interesting stuff to me, actually.

I for one didn’t know the real purpose of a ‘cool down’ and it would appear that others don’t either.

Quelle surprise!

21 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Perhaps when we find ourselves playing Edusport Acadmey the penny will drop and Levein will be gone. ;) 

They don't exist.

Caledonian Braves could be our undoing ....

7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He is one of the highest paid players that’s why

Just now, Hood09 said:

He is one of the highest paid players that’s why

It's not a valid reason for playing him when he should be dropped imo. Mismanagement.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It's not a valid reason for playing him when he should be dropped imo. Mismanagement.

Totally agree but when you have begged your gaffer to fork out the dough to sign him this is what you get. 

CL is so quick to get rid of other players but has a total blind spot with others

3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Totally agree but when you have begged your gaffer to fork out the dough to sign him this is what you get. 

CL is so quick to get rid of other players but has a total blind spot with others

Yeah he has his favourites for sure.