Kenny McLean, Take a Bow

Deodato

On a more positive note, always nice to take a time out and recognise the Scots doing well in the English Premiership. 

Norwich produced a masterclass in how to pass  the ball out of defence yesterday and Kenny McLean (St Mirren, Arbroath and Aberdeen) was a big part of it. 

Respect due - turning over a Manchester City side which is worth more than most third world countries. 

What other Scots are impressing you in the English Premiership this season? t's not like the 70s (Notts Forrest) or 80s (Liverpool) but it feels like our presence is on the increase. 

Deodato 

Edited by Deodato

A_A wehatethehibs

What we need is 2 central defenders that’s the most important position on the pitch. Until we have good CBs Scotland will continue to have no chance 

13 minutes ago, Big Bruno said:

Both rotten for Scotland.

Says more about the Scotland set up tbh. We have better squads than all the home nations except England in my opinion. 

Before folks start with James, Ramsey, Bale for Wales I mean entire squads. We should be able to field a competitive team. 

Oli mcburnie will do well for sheff utd, already has a couple of goals I think. Also gets how shite Scotland are and cba with international football so I like him. 

11 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Says more about the Scotland set up tbh. We have better squads than all the home nations except England in my opinion. 

Before folks start with James, Ramsey, Bale for Wales I mean entire squads. We should be able to field a competitive team. 

Factual fact imo.

Its time for some of the guys in their mid 20s to step up and take some responsibility during games. Forrest, Fraser, McGinn, McGregor all shrink when times are tough in a Scotland shirt and need to realise they're now our old heads.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Factual fact imo.

Its time for some of the guys in their mid 20s to step up and take some responsibility during games. Forrest, Fraser, McGinn, McGregor all shrink when times are tough in a Scotland shirt and need to realise they're now our old heads.

Disagree about the midfielders, there is nothing they can do when you’re playing Kilmarnock players at right back and Hanley and Mulgrew at CB. Midfielders “taking responsibility” will make no difference if you don’t have good defenders. That’s the reason they shrink, they are worried about the opposition getting past them because they know the defence will just fold

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Disagree about the midfielders, there is nothing they can do when you’re playing Kilmarnock players at right back and Hanley and Mulgrew at CB. Midfielders “taking responsibility” will make no difference if you don’t have good defenders. That’s the reason they shrink, they are worried about the opposition getting past them because they know the defence will just fold

I think we're both right here!

47 minutes ago, Mort said:

McTominay man of the match for Man Utd yesterday also.

Good spot, love reading about news like this . He bosses the midfield too - reminds me of the sort of player that Alex Ferguson would 'breed' into the club to get them so many trophies in the past. 

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think we're both right here!

Yes, we’re both right but you’re the optimist thinking the midfielders can win us games. Credit to you ! 

1 hour ago, Deodato said:

Good spot, love reading about news like this . He bosses the midfield too - reminds me of the sort of player that Alex Ferguson would 'breed' into the club to get them so many trophies in the past. 

Is it just me or does he look dreadful in that clip? Almost every highlight is him playing a loose pass or conceding possession.