Does anyone still want Levein in charge?

TurboT

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• sadj

• Prof

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I don't want Levein in charge of the first team. 

I do still want Craig Levein in charge of the Academy. 

Isn’t someone already in charge of the Academy?

3 hours ago, sadj said:

On the pitch in first team affairs no they aren’t and that needs resolved. That doesn’t mean the club aren’t going well behind the scenes. All those things you reference are due to on field performance thats what needs sorted as it will affect the others long term (it wont affect the club tomorrow if you cancel your FoH payment today , it may delay the payoff but it won’t be damaging until a few years down the line). Too many people put everything as a whole or in a way that suits them to have a pop at the club. FoH contributors who cancel there donations is upto them. Football is fickle and Hearts supporters are even more so , but its not something I would do as Levein and Budge will only be here for a period of time that payment is to ensure there is still a club long after we have all passed on. Same as protests yesterday. Fair play if they want to protest but again people will have different opinions on what was acceptable. Some think Levein out is , some sack the board others the billy boys. 

As usual you seem to think that your opinions are facts. Where is the evidence the club is doing well behind the scenes? How do you know that too many people are having a pop at the club? Where is the evidence that Hearts supporters are more fickle than  supporters of other clubs? As for suggesting billy boys is part of the protest; that’s laughable. I suggest you keep comments about people cancelling their FOH contributions to yourself. It’s their business and not yours. I haven’t before you think otherwise and I don’t boo the team, no matter what.

Bazzas right boot

I won't be slagging him and I won't slag fans that do want him. 

I think that is shite behaviour. 

I think we'll climb the table under CL or under another. 

However, simply put the results haven't been good enough. 

This season, even on it's own has been terrible. 

Most of the fans have turned, I see no way back for him. 

However, the most important thing in this is not sacking CL, it's making sure we get the right mgt team in if we do. 

Simply sacking CL solves nothing, in fact in the short term it could make things worse as clearly many of the players are his signings and we're now into the season and out of the transfer window, so if the new manager doesn't fancy some players, we'll there's not much he can do. 

If CL goes, we need a damn good plan as right now we have put ourselves between a rick and a hard place. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, sadj said:

You can’t use Billy Davies as a reasoned point in any conversation , his win rate at Motherwell was honking his ideas are detached from modern football. Leveins ideas may be not working on the park but the structure is modern and inline with other clubs. It shouldn’t have 1 person in both roles we all know that. It means time is divided between them when both are full time roles. People talk about nepotism with Levein. Davies is very much in that corner too. 

What is the kind of manager the club needs in your opinion cause it sure as **** isn’t someone like Billy Davies.

I can use Billy Davies for the point im making. You listing his failures validates my point. A loser like Billy Davies turned down the Hearts job. How is that possible? Im not advocating for him to actually get the job. If a candidate like him can turn his nose up at it then it doesnt bode well for getting someone superior.

We've been through this process before and we ended up with Levein in the dug out which was scandalous in itself considering how it transpired.

Im not going to debate Levein heading back to his DoF role. Its patently obvious the man needs removed from the club entirely. If people cant see that then they either have an agenda or have lost their grip on reality the same as Levein has.

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Isn’t someone already in charge of the Academy?

Edited by blairdin
Error

Just now, blairdin said:

There is. He reports to Levein in his other role. 

I personally think Levein has lost any credibility regarding involvement with the first team with a new head coach. I also think he is not capable of finding players for the first team (have a look at the 19 signings he made last season). He has proven that he can’t get the fluidity from youth teams to first team. What I mean by that is the same formation and tactics straight through all the sides. He’s often said that is what he’s aiming for but never managed it. So unless you can think of anything else we’d basically pay for a director of football who is really just in charge of the reserves and the Acdemy. The reserves ready have a coach and the academy a manager.

Doesn’t add up for me.

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

However, the most important thing in this is not sacking CL, it's making sure we get the right mgt team in if we do. 

Simply sacking CL solves nothing, in fact in the short term it could make things worse as clearly many of the players are his signings and we're now into the season and out of the transfer window, so if the new manager doesn't fancy some players, we'll there's not much he can do. 

If CL goes, we need a damn good plan as right now we have put ourselves between a rick and a hard place. 

How could getting rid of Levein make things worse! Incredible trail of thought you have.

And it seems Levein doesn't fancy half his squad, hence why he keeps replacing them every transfer window after throwing them under the bus.

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, blairdin said:

There is. He reports to Levein in his other role. 

And if the person running the academy is doing well should he really be pushed out of his job for Levein to take over. That would smack of jobs for the boys sort of stuff.

20 minutes ago, Prof said:

As usual you seem to think that your opinions are facts. Where is the evidence the club is doing well behind the scenes? How do you know that too many people are having a pop at the club? Where is the evidence that Hearts supporters are more fickle than  supporters of other clubs? As for suggesting billy boys is part of the protest; that’s laughable. I suggest you keep comments about people cancelling their FOH contributions to yourself. It’s their business and not yours. I haven’t before you think otherwise and I don’t boo the team, no matter what.

Not sure its worth replying to someone who can’t actually read what people write however....My comments about people cancelling their FoH donations? 🙈 aye how dare i say its up to them... 

The evidence is in the bloody rebuild thats been done and the doubled turnover 🙈 

How do I know too many people are having a pop at the club? What does that even mean? Its not what i said. 

Its pretty clear some yesterday thought a way to push their position in protest was to start singing the billy boys and they think thats ok. Other more rational non idiotic people know its nothing to do with how they should protest. 

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

WE haven’t put ourselves anywhere!!

the club have put us there.

more specifically the Board.

18 minutes ago, PnG said:

I can use Billy Davies for the point im making. You listing his failures validates my point. A loser like Billy Davies turned down the Hearts job. How is that possible? Im not advocating for him to actually get the job. If a candidate like him can turn his nose up at it then it doesnt bode well for getting someone superior.

We've been through this process before and we ended up with Levein in the dug out which was scandalous in itself considering how it transpired.

Im not going to debate Levein heading back to his DoF role. Its patently obvious the man needs removed from the club entirely. If people cant see that then they either have an agenda or have lost their grip on reality the same as Levein has.

At the same time using Billy Davies doesn’t work because he wants the older system not the DoF one that is common place , he wanted a full restructure of the club. That was never going to happen and imo shouldn’t now either. People who watch the younger teams say there is a distinct structure to how they play that stops at the first team. Thats a big problem and it needs solved. Having a bigger budget should allow us to seamlessly integrate youngsters with experienced pros and continue to play the way they have learnt. Its not happening just now. Thats the coach and coaching staff not the structure. 

End of Billy Davies wasn’t wanted because he wanted to change everything at the club not because he said no. Would McInnes be classed as superior to Davies? There are plenty coaches out there who will actively prefer to have a DoF (as I think you said earlier) Levein is a big character but there will be managers who would work under him wether that would be the correct or incorrect decision to move him upstairs is a different debate.

3 minutes ago, farin said:

It was only about 10 out of 300 that sung that & it only lasted for circa 20 seconds tbh. The overwhelming majority demonstrated correctly tbf. 

I know that Farin , my original point was just that  some people protested about Levein some about the board and some by singing the Billy Boys. Whatever you or I think those people believe their particular way of protesting was right. 

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not sure its worth replying to someone who can’t actually read what people write however....My comments about people cancelling their FoH donations? 🙈 aye how dare i say its up to them... 

The evidence is in the bloody rebuild thats been done and the doubled turnover 🙈 

How do I know too many people are having a pop at the club? What does that even mean? Its not what i said. 

Its pretty clear some yesterday thought a way to push their position in protest was to start singing the billy boys and they think thats ok. Other more rational non idiotic people know its nothing to do with how they should protest. 

I’ll bet you got a headache busting to reply. 

Said is in the Poll thread. 

Now hypothetically, say this is beyond repair for the season now. Injuries are continual and lengthy. New manager can't get it fixed, and Robbie has united flying high and promotes, as we go the other way. 

Would be utterly ridiculous but its not too hard to imagine is it?? 

We have the squad so im utterly confident a new manager with a fresh approach will square us away. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

By we I clearly mean club in that post. 

My god. 

30 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It's a collective WE.

In much the same way as WE  slaughtered the hibbies in the biggest derby in history.👍

59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If the new manager doesn't fancy "some players", he still has a huge squad to choose from. Unlike other clubs, our new manager will have a good group of players to work with . The improvement will come through getting more out of them, identifying our best formation and playing players in their best positions. A new manager allowing players to play with a bit of freedom, will certainly end up getting better results than Levein. The risk comes from continuing with Levein, not getting rid of him. Just ro remind you, we are in the middle of one of the worst periods of results in our history. There is more to Hearts than Craig Levein.

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, kila said:

How could getting rid of Levein make things worse! Incredible trail of thought you have.

And it seems Levein doesn't fancy half his squad, hence why he keeps replacing them every transfer window after throwing them under the bus.

Well. 

If it's his team guys like Souttar, Naismith, Damour, Whelan, Washington to name a few could become unhappy. 

If the whole coaching team goes, guys like Meshino for example could become unhappy if one of the reasons here is here is Austin. 

I have no real knowledge of CL's role in the other areas, how will the operations and staff react to him leaving? 

The youth team, the parents, the agents 

We could employ a worse manager. 

We might not attract the folk we want. 

All  I said was that sacking CL fixes nothing, it could make things worse. 

Getting a plan in place to make sure it doesn't is far more important that simply sacking CL, then the next day everything is sorted and better. 

It would just be the start of getting things sorted and the timing, September is hardly ideal. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's a collective WE.

In much the same way as WE  slaughtered the hibbies in the biggest derby in history.👍

Thanks.

So if I say “we all think Craig is useless and want rid of him” does that collectively include smiths right boot in that?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Clarify that then please.

good lad.

In the context of the post it is clearly obvious, lad. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's a collective WE.

Ofc it is, folk are just ****ing stupid. 

We were shite yesterday. 

It wasn't the posters on JKB, ffs. 

Some people, I wonder how they function on a day to day basis. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc it is, folk are just ****ing stupid. 

We were shite yesterday. 

It wasn't the posters on JKB, ffs. 

Some people, I wonder how they function on a day to day basis. 

Some folk are stupid!! Says the imbecile who wanted Levein to stay on and create this mess.

do yourself a favour you absolute zoomer.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Some folk are stupid!! Says the imbecile who wanted Levein to stay on and create this mess.

do yourself a favour you absolute zoomer.

👍👍

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

People really shouldn't be cancelling FOH subscriptions on the back of this.

In fact we should do the opposite then the day when the fans actually own the club becomes nearer.

:spoton:

Spangles can't work that out though.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If the new manager doesn't fancy "some players", he still has a huge squad to choose from. Unlike other clubs, our new manager will have a good group of players to work with . The improvement will come through getting more out of them, identifying our best formation and playing players in their best positions. A new manager allowing players to play with a bit of freedom, will certainly end up getting better results than Levein. The risk comes from continuing with Levein, not getting rid of him. Just ro remind you, we are in the middle of one of the worst periods of results in our history. There is more to Hearts than Craig Levein.

Where have you been hiding? 🤨

Bit in bold def....

I can’t see a new manager not fancying many of the players available. Our squad is littered with talent that is easily third best in the league. Even with injuries we should be far better than we are. Then we get back to coaching and Fox and Daly and go round in circles about Levein being responsible for them. Further to that however the whole idea of a DoF etc is to have stability in squad and when there is a vacancy bring in a HC to utilise the same players etc. 😉

All roads lead to Gorgie

All my fellow fans who I speak to say it is time for him to go. Almost all of them are of Craig Levein's generation and all were there to see him play, so it is now past the stage of loyalty. The club are bigger than any individual and that is the bottom line. 

56 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

And if the person running the academy is doing well should he really be pushed out of his job for Levein to take over. That would smack of jobs for the boys sort of stuff.

I desperately don't want to get drawn on this, but I'm fairly sure the majority of the Academy staff like having Levein overseeing their work and driving the Academy forward. 

5 minutes ago, farin said:

I hear you, Levein Out or the hearts song should have been the only things sung imo. The protest was only about getting rid of levein, anything else just detracts from that aim in any future protest. 👍🏻

Yeah that was my point , I can see the reasoning behind “sack the board” although I don’t agree but as you say certain things detract from the message being put across. I think someone said “speccy speccy get to ****” was being sung aswell , that again if you are a rational individual you hear and then you just switch off to it all. 

There is imo no doubt the board , AB , CL know there is a serious issue and are looking to find a solution but it has to happen whilst keeping the structure in place (thats certainly going to be the case regards stability and structure moving toward the takeover date) that makes it more difficult. If we brought someone in and CL went back upstairs and we go on a winning run I think the bulk of fans would sort of forget CL is in the DoF position. However there would still be a portion of fans who wouldn’t as he is and always has been a divisive person. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Where have you been hiding? 🤨

Bit in bold def....

I can’t see a new manager not fancying many of the players available. Our squad is littered with talent that is easily third best in the league. Even with injuries we should be far better than we are. Then we get back to coaching and Fox and Daly and go round in circles about Levein being responsible for them. Further to that however the whole idea of a DoF etc is to have stability in squad and when there is a vacancy bring in a HC to utilise the same players etc. 😉

I agree Sadj. We've got a squad of players that most other managers would be delighted to have. Over the last couple of years we've also had the likes of Milinkovic and Lafferty so imo the players have been in place for a couple of years now. The problem has not been the players but the coaching,  the tactics and how we approach games, substitutions etc. For that, the buck stops with CL.

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

That for me is one of the key things. No doubt the players are publicly supporting Craig and I realise some folk think that the injury has set Berra back a bit 

but to say he has lost it ? Doesn’t make any sense. Would Berra get back to what he was before under someone else (all be it with a loss of pace) I genuinely think so 

its not just him. I keep looking at that squad and it’s good, it’s very good. Getting someone new in won’t just improve the playing side but build confidence back in the team. There is no reason to start again with player recruitment barring maybe a few additions in key areas 

the players are good for it, it’s the manager and date I say it, coaches who are the problem. Absolutely no question in my mind 

I really applaud those who have been consistent from day dot in either their defence or condemnation of Craig. It’s not about being right or wrong. It’s about looking at the big picture and either changing things or staying status quo. I haven’t been consistent through leveins time and there have been times I have thought yes, he will come good and other times where I have thought no he won’t. I just don’t see it anymore, don’t feel it and as much as I fully respect all of the players for publicly backing Craig any right minded individual would do the same. I sense that although they are publicly backing him they are bewildered when it comes to playing and there is a real fear amongst the team when they take to the field 

that’s Craig and coaches job to make sure that doesn’t happen and regardless of the next few weeks, even if we win, I still want him gone as long term we won’t realise our club potential with him leading the club. Don’t like being negative but how much more time do you give before you say enough is enough 

2 x 6th place successive finishes, now bottom of the league and winless in god knows how many . Not good enough for a club of our stature and our size of fan base. CL got rid of GL when he arrived, was that to make us a better side .. I don’t know but something is deeply wrong from the medical side right through to the coaching 

AB is the only one who can get us off the slippery slope now and she needs to do it quickly as she has procrastinated long enough with not doing anything 

Great post and sums it up well.

12 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

All my fellow fans who I speak to say it is time for him to go. Almost all of them are of Craig Levein's generation and all were there to see him play, so it is now past the stage of loyalty. The club are bigger than any individual and that is the bottom line. 

Guess I'm one of that generation a d I'll be sad to see him sacked but it has gone past the point of no return for him now. Some of the abuse on here is a joke but he surely should go now. Would prefer if he resigned to keep a bit of dignity. Having said all that, chances are the club won't take action so close to the derby and quarter final

Adam_the_legend
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yeah that was my point , I can see the reasoning behind “sack the board” although I don’t agree but as you say certain things detract from the message being put across. I think someone said “speccy speccy get to ****” was being sung aswell , that again if you are a rational individual you hear and then you just switch off to it all. 

There is imo no doubt the board , AB , CL know there is a serious issue and are looking to find a solution but it has to happen whilst keeping the structure in place (thats certainly going to be the case regards stability and structure moving toward the takeover date) that makes it more difficult. If we brought someone in and CL went back upstairs and we go on a winning run I think the bulk of fans would sort of forget CL is in the DoF position. However there would still be a portion of fans who wouldn’t as he is and always has been a divisive person. 

Why do we insist on doing things differently to every other football club. Manager is failing so manager gets sacked. Board then go through a traditional recruitment process to find the replacement whilst having a stand in manage the team for a couple of weeks. 

All this talk of structure like we’re running the bloody NHS is vastly over complicating the situation.

Edited by Adam_the_legend

Bottom of the SPFL, play dire since last October and some say we have the third best squad in the league. No wonder CL can spout absolute drivel after every fresh f*ckup and get away with it.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

As usual, utter utter drivel.

12 minutes ago, Prof said:

Bottom of the SPFL, play dire since last October and some say we have the third best squad in the league. No wonder CL can spout absolute drivel after every fresh f*ckup and get away with it.

Bang on 

Hearing from a fairly decent source he’s gone tomorrow,  McPhee too apparently.

This information does not come with guarantees....😊 ....sorry, only passing on what I’ve been told

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

DoF has no input over the product on the pitch.

He identifies players for the manager, deals with agents and contracts. 

Stephen Robinson and Derek McInnes would.

The vast majority don’t, ours sent notes and messages down to both Neilson and Cathro because in his own words “he couldn’t help interfering”. He needs to go completely or will be accused of it again and get blamed for anything that goes wrong. Once again he said himself “that it would be hard for him to go back to being DoF after being manager”. A role with the academy, possibly to the end of his contract in June and then a partying of the ways.

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

This information does not come with guarantees....😊 ....sorry, only passing on what I’ve been told

Not holding out much hope! Don’t we need macphee as an interpreter now?

7 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Please be true