Does anyone still want Levein in charge?

TurboT

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• sadj

• Prof

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Another who has given him more time than most but have seen enough. We're actually getting worse with better players. Team selection and substitutions all wrong and he just doesn't look or sound right anymore. Seems to have lost his passion for it. It's a results game and the results and performances have been dreadfull for months. Should have stood down after a rare spirited performance in the cup final. Would have at least taken some goodwill with him. Think that has gone now. Fans arguing amongst themselves on the terracing, protests outside, bottom of the league on merit. 2 points from 5 games. No wins in 3 home games v Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell. Not scoring and can't defend.

Should be  0 points,  not 2.

He should've stood down after the cup final, that would've gave the new manager, whoever? a full pre-season, but no, now we find ourselves in this ####ing mess. 

Levein will wait until next week. We win, we go above hibs and that's what hes counting on...

We lose, we remain bottom and 5 points behind hibs and the shouts for his head get worse. 

Very hard to see which games we will get points off. St johnstone & Motherwell at tynecastle are bread & butter games we should win.

Clock is ticking. 

I said before the Motherwell game that they’d be rubbing their hands coming to Tynecastle and playing in that environment, get the first goal and you’re laughing!!

every team coming to us whilst he remains in charge and this toxic atmosphere continues will be relishing it.

33 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

This is where I’m at, some people will not be happy but I think he still has a big role to play at the club, just not involved in first team affairs. He seems to have decent contacts and able to attract players to our club and is a director of our club. The coaching side could do with a clean sweep though. 

Agree. New manager with his own staff. 

1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

On reflection, I want him to stay. Injuries are really hampering us. Once we beat hibs we’ll be back up and running.

If we get beat of Hibs then i’ll Need to have another think.

We beat Hibs three times the season we got relegated and it didn’t help Lockie’s cause.  I’m sorry, but even a comfortable win at ER next week shouldn’t save him.  I don’t think I’ve ever cared less about a derby game in my life as I do next week because it’s lose-lose in the grander scheme.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Besides the first team everything is going in a good direction. Im sure any new DoF would tweak it but the strategy would remain broadly similar. So take yer smartarse comments elsewhere.  

“Besides the first team”???? That is the bit Levein is in control of! He had FA to do with the new stand or financial matters!

Take your Levein fanboy comments elsewhere!!

So, apart from the first team. That is the mean reason thousands of people go to games everything is hunky dory? Well that’s okay then 

33 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“Besides the first team”???? That is the bit Levein is in control of! He had FA to do with the new stand or financial matters!

Take your Levein fanboy comments elsewhere!!

🙈 don’t reply to me then if ya think im a Levein fanboy. You made a sarcastic comment on something , i didn’t engage you to ask your direct opinion as it wasn’t window related.

Hearts aren’t going in the right direction. A good number of posters claim to have cancelled their FOH contributions (accurate numbers on those actually contributing are kept vague); season ticket sales are down, lots of empty spaces in the three main stands, and a good number of hospitality seats empty. Unless a change is made quickly, Ann Budges reputation could end in tatters. For CL , his reputation as a manager is shredded.

13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

So, apart from the first team. That is the mean reason thousands of people go to games everything is hunky dory? Well that’s okay then 

Levein is in overall charge of all football affairs. The first team is a part of that. Its the part we all care about and the part that needs fixed the bits behind that and underneath it don't necessarily need fixed. No one has said its hunky dory though. 

3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Hearts aren’t going in the right direction. A good number of posters claim to have cancelled their FOH contributions (accurate numbers on those actually contributing are kept vague); season ticket sales are down, lots of empty spaces in the three main stands, and a good number of hospitality seats empty. Unless a change is made quickly, Ann Budges reputation could end in tatters. For CL , his reputation as a manager is shredded.

On the pitch in first team affairs no they aren’t and that needs resolved. That doesn’t mean the club aren’t going well behind the scenes. All those things you reference are due to on field performance thats what needs sorted as it will affect the others long term (it wont affect the club tomorrow if you cancel your FoH payment today , it may delay the payoff but it won’t be damaging until a few years down the line). Too many people put everything as a whole or in a way that suits them to have a pop at the club. FoH contributors who cancel there donations is upto them. Football is fickle and Hearts supporters are even more so , but its not something I would do as Levein and Budge will only be here for a period of time that payment is to ensure there is still a club long after we have all passed on. Same as protests yesterday. Fair play if they want to protest but again people will have different opinions on what was acceptable. Some think Levein out is , some sack the board others the billy boys. 

11 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

That for me is one of the key things. No doubt the players are publicly supporting Craig and I realise some folk think that the injury has set Berra back a bit 

but to say he has lost it ? Doesn’t make any sense. Would Berra get back to what he was before under someone else (all be it with a loss of pace) I genuinely think so 

its not just him. I keep looking at that squad and it’s good, it’s very good. Getting someone new in won’t just improve the playing side but build confidence back in the team. There is no reason to start again with player recruitment barring maybe a few additions in key areas 

the players are good for it, it’s the manager and date I say it, coaches who are the problem. Absolutely no question in my mind 

I really applaud those who have been consistent from day dot in either their defence or condemnation of Craig. It’s not about being right or wrong. It’s about looking at the big picture and either changing things or staying status quo. I haven’t been consistent through leveins time and there have been times I have thought yes, he will come good and other times where I have thought no he won’t. I just don’t see it anymore, don’t feel it and as much as I fully respect all of the players for publicly backing Craig any right minded individual would do the same. I sense that although they are publicly backing him they are bewildered when it comes to playing and there is a real fear amongst the team when they take to the field 

that’s Craig and coaches job to make sure that doesn’t happen and regardless of the next few weeks, even if we win, I still want him gone as long term we won’t realise our club potential with him leading the club. Don’t like being negative but how much more time do you give before you say enough is enough 

2 x 6th place successive finishes, now bottom of the league and winless in god knows how many . Not good enough for a club of our stature and our size of fan base. CL got rid of GL when he arrived, was that to make us a better side .. I don’t know but something is deeply wrong from the medical side right through to the coaching 

AB is the only one who can get us off the slippery slope now and she needs to do it quickly as she has procrastinated long enough with not doing anything 

Good post, but I would argue nobody has started 100% in either camp apart from those with a gripe. I would say that previously those wanting Levein to stay or go were ambivalent not dogmatic.

We have had a couple of purple patches in the league together with last years (long awaited) cup runs. Finally beating Hibs away and Celtic at home has showed progress. Similarly, losing heavily to teams we should be beating counters that. Recruitment has been between outstanding and downright abysmal.

However the main factor is this run of results.

I would not 100% say CL is a bad or good manager but he has got himself into a tailspin that I cannot see him getting out of.

The thing is. Someone else has mentioned this, but CL is potentially putting manager candidates off working under him through all this, therefore damaging the chances of getting a higher quality appointment made. Therefore potentially hurting the club.

The longer this goes on, fewer people will want to work under him.

People really shouldn't be cancelling FOH subscriptions on the back of this.

In fact we should do the opposite then the day when the fans actually own the club becomes nearer.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

I said before the Motherwell game that they’d be rubbing their hands coming to Tynecastle and playing in that environment, get the first goal and you’re laughing!!

every team coming to us whilst he remains in charge and this toxic atmosphere continues will be relishing it.

Get behind the team and that’ll remove the toxic atmosphere. It’s no rocket science.

53 minutes ago, sadj said:

🙈 don’t reply to me then if ya think im a Levein fanboy. You made a sarcastic comment on something , i didn’t engage you to ask your direct opinion as it wasn’t window related.

Window related. 😂

If the more neddish protesters  had got their way yesterday then the discussion would have been window related. 

4 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Get behind the team and that’ll remove the toxic atmosphere. It’s no rocket science.

Get rid of the manager who is has been in charge for a shocking run of results and is entirely responsible for that loss yesterday from team selection, tactics and substitutions. That’ll remove the toxic atmosphere. It really isn’t rocket science. The atmosphere now is worse than it was under Cathro

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, Plank said:

The thing is. Someone else has mentioned this, but CL is potentially putting manager candidates off working under him through all this, therefore damaging the chances of getting a higher quality appointment made. Therefore potentially hurting the club.

They wont be working under him. He will depart and we will recruit a manager. DoF role will be binned.

I hope.

5 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Incredible. Back a misfiring, mismanaged, disorganised, error prone, inconsistent side through poor result after defeat. How would fans get across that they were unhappy? Maybe Write emails while continuing to back the tactically naive, effortless garbage we’ve had to endure for ten months. 

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Nope. Get shot of Levein and the toxic atmosphere goes too.

The only people that would appear to want him in charge are all opposition fans.

Just like Cathro before him.

that says it all.

oh,  and it would also appear Ann Budge

35 minutes ago, Plank said:

Nonsense the club advertises for a manager and candidates apply ( of which we would not be short) only then if candidates pull out will we know of limitations on doing the job. Most clubs have a DOF nowadays and don’t think it would phase anyone. Levein position is hanging by a thread that any new coach/ manager would be in a good position should any meddling occur. Alternatively should the club have someone in mind ie Moyes ( which I can’t see us affording) we would approach him rather than waiting on him applying. 

51 minutes ago, sadj said:

On the pitch in first team affairs no they aren’t and that needs resolved. That doesn’t mean the club aren’t going well behind the scenes. All those things you reference are due to on field performance thats what needs sorted as it will affect the others long term (it wont affect the club tomorrow if you cancel your FoH payment today , it may delay the payoff but it won’t be damaging until a few years down the line). Too many people put everything as a whole or in a way that suits them to have a pop at the club. FoH contributors who cancel there donations is upto them. Football is fickle and Hearts supporters are even more so , but its not something I would do as Levein and Budge will only be here for a period of time that payment is to ensure there is still a club long after we have all passed on. Same as protests yesterday. Fair play if they want to protest but again people will have different opinions on what was acceptable. Some think Levein out is , some sack the board others the billy boys. 

All I hope For is respect for other peoples’ opinions so there can be debate that doesn’t include any kind of abuse or talk that demeans.

The FOH payment is safe for me. Been paying since day one and I can separate that from normal club income.

Protests I can also respect and, possibly, may make the club’s owner and board think. Not very hopeful of that but better it’s done than not.

I found CL’s comments after the game unacceptable and deluded. The players are not playing for him, it’s plain to see, imo.

If there is no change, people will vote with their feet. I’ll be one of them. This is not the players’ fault, it’s terrible management and they should know that any action fans take is not directed at them.

It’s scandalous it’s got to this point. That’s on Budge. We can’t blame CL for that. A turkey will not vote for Christmas.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Then don’t reply to me then. No interest in your lot - support the Club not a failed Manager!!

53 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Not enough facepalns for this one.

Shocking state of affairs. I like the guy and wanted it to work out for him but for the love of Christ he needs to go. Budges failure to deal with this shows utter contempt towards the support.

1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

We need to remove the toxic manager first - and THAT isn’t rocket science!!!

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We need to remove the toxic manager first - and THAT isn’t rocket science!!!

It’s all the bad fans fault dontcha know.

nowt to do with the imposters in the dugout 

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Any new manager will be allowed to pick & sign his own players, train and set up his own team.

I think the majority of managers would be either used to having a DoF or are fine having one.

It transpired that the first paragraph has not been the case under Levein as DoF.

Yes most managers will be happy working under a DoF.

Would most managers work under Levein as DoF? Possibly.

Would the kind of manager the club NEEDS at this moment of time work under Levein as DoF? Not a f*****g chance in hell. Billy Davies turned his nose up at it. Says it all.

After The Watershed
59 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Nonsense the club advertises for a manager and candidates apply ( of which we would not be short) only then if candidates pull out will we know of limitations on doing the job. Most clubs have a DOF nowadays and don’t think it would phase anyone. Levein position is hanging by a thread that any new coach/ manager would be in a good position should any meddling occur. Alternatively should the club have someone in mind ie Moyes ( which I can’t see us affording) we would approach him rather than waiting on him applying. 

But that's just it. Look who we were left with last time that would take the job out of all the names mentioned, Elvis, Daly and Hartley. Truth is Levein wanted to give it to Daly. Budge confirmed this in her recent interview when she stated she didn't want another inexperienced manager after Cathro before saying one of the other directors suggested Levein. 

If he stays as Director of Football there is no way the likes of Moyes would go near the job.

4 minutes ago, PnG said:

It transpired that the first paragraph has not been the case under Levein as DoF.

Would the kind of manager the club NEEDS at this moment of time work under Levein as DoF? Not a f*****g chance in hell. Billy Davies turned his nose up at it. Says it all.

I disagree. 

And yes, many would. 

Thirdly, Billy Davies is an absolute belter.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I disagree. 

And yes, many would. 

Are you seriously advocating Levein staying at the club after all of this? :lol: what is it about this guy that you just can't let go? Hearts are far bigger and more important than Craig Levein, let it go.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

All I hope For is respect for other peoples’ opinions so there can be debate that doesn’t include any kind of abuse or talk that demeans.

The FOH payment is safe for me. Been paying since day one and I can separate that from normal club income.

Protests I can also respect and, possibly, may make the club’s owner and board think. Not very hopeful of that but better it’s done than not.

I found CL’s comments after the game unacceptable and deluded. The players are not playing for him, it’s plain to see, imo.

If there is no change, people will vote with their feet. I’ll be one of them. This is not the players’ fault, it’s terrible management and they should know that any action fans take is not directed at them.

It’s scandalous it’s got to this point. That’s on Budge. We can’t blame CL for that. A turkey will not vote for Christmas.

Its easy to respect peoples opinions without being a dick. It does get to a point where some you need to give it back to. A lot of the terminology thrown at either side is pathetic. Because someone doesn’t scream and shout they are a “fanboy” or a member of the “ldl” 😴 What pish was it yesterday “budge’s bitches” its pathetic that kind of stuff. Social Media for the most part is like that pissed up corner of the pub where people say things they wouldn’t normally as its amongst mates and they can get away with it.

7 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Are you seriously advocating Levein staying at the club after all of this? :lol: what is it about this guy that you just can't let go? Hearts are far bigger and more important than Craig Levein, let it go.

Not read the context but in answer to Levein staying at the club if there was a way (assuming he didnt go back upstairs) then its not necessarily a bad thing as he has a lot of contacts , well respected and a lot of players have said he had an influence on their decision to join. That can’t be underestimated when we fish in the same pond as Aberdeen , Hibs the lower end of the Rangers budget and a lot of L1 and L2 teams. Is it ideal or would it work 🤷🏻‍♂️ Its not something that should be dismissed straight up though. 

18 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I can make the distinction between him as manager and DoF.

I honestly don’t see the issue, I don’t hate the guy. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Some folk clearly do.

25 minutes ago, PnG said:

You can’t use Billy Davies as a reasoned point in any conversation , his win rate at Motherwell was honking his ideas are detached from modern football. Leveins ideas may be not working on the park but the structure is modern and inline with other clubs. It shouldn’t have 1 person in both roles we all know that. It means time is divided between them when both are full time roles. People talk about nepotism with Levein. Davies is very much in that corner too. 

What is the kind of manager the club needs in your opinion cause it sure as **** isn’t someone like Billy Davies.

12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I honestly don’t see the issue, I don’t hate the guy. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Some folk clearly do.

Unbelievable .

Why cant you accept that maybe just maybe the issue is the product on the pitch .

His direction is not what I want to see on a Saturday.

Imo to remove him from managing to directorship is at best charity but in reality a fekin joke of a view.

41 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I disagree. 

And yes, many would. 

No chance. Any decent manager worth their salt would not work under him right now. You might get someone, aye, but it would be the wrong candidate as they would have a screw loose !

Hopefully this theory is not tested and he is sacked from all positions this week.

4 minutes ago, jake said:

Unbelievable .

Why cant you accept that maybe just maybe the issue is the product on the pitch .

His direction is not what I want to see on a Saturday.

Imo to remove him from managing to directorship is at best charity but in reality a fekin joke of a view.

DoF has no input over the product on the pitch.

He identifies players for the manager, deals with agents and contracts. 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

No chance. Any decent manager worth their salt would not work under him right now. You might get someone, aye, but it would be the wrong candidate as they would have a screw loose !

Hopefully this theory is not tested and he is sacked from all positions this week.

Stephen Robinson and Derek McInnes would.

21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Ok I just won't engage with you on the topic because you've already turned it in to people hating Levein :lol: he has failed miserably at Hearts and it's time for him to leave, well beyond time actually. If you can't or won't see that then that's your thing, sometimes people just need to be told what is good for them when they can't see sense.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How do you know that  they would ?

Have they said so ?

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Levein identify the likes of Grzelak.

And McInnes work under the direction 9f Levein?

You sure?

Leveins a laughing stock by the way.

Just now, jake said:

You sure?

Not getting into the ins and outs of it but I can say McInnes most definately was interested in working under Levein as short a time ago as when he was given a new contract by Aberdeen. A few posters on here can confirm my info for that 👍🏻

Levein is a laughing stock to you and to some in the media not in football circles.

Levein is toxic now, must be fully removed.

Must now be sacked from all positions.

Gone well past the time of allowing him to resign, must be sacked.

6 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Ok I just won't engage with you on the topic because you've already turned it in to people hating Levein :lol: he has failed miserably at Hearts and it's time for him to leave, well beyond time actually. If you can't or won't see that then that's your thing, sometimes people just need to be told what is good for them when they can't see sense.

He has failed miserably as manager. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

How do you know that  they would ?

Have they said so ?

Apparenty so, yes.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

You sure?

Cathro wanted Grzelak, Martin, Stockton and the likes. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Not getting into the ins and outs of it but I can say McInnes most definately was interested in working under Levein as short a time ago as when he was given a new contract by Aberdeen. A few posters on here can confirm my info for that 👍🏻

Levein is a laughing stock to you and to some in the media not in football circles.

I'm not laughing I assure you.

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He has failed miserably as manager. 

Apparenty so, yes.

Cathro wanted Grzelak, Martin, Stockton and the likes. 

If it’s yes, why aren’t they here ?

This is all new information to me. Did the club reach out to McInnes and Robinson in the summer ?

Don’t think that would have went under the radar. I know sadj may not want to divulge any more info but, sorry guys, the cat’s out the bag. Did McInnes say he was interested in being the new Hearts manager ?

Edited by Boab