And where is FoH?

Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Budge has done some wonderful things since she stepped into Tynecastle and she will rightly be remembered and thanked for her hard work. I'm sure she never envisaged what is currently happening at the club and this may well make her think it's time to move on however, it has been blatantly obvious for months that Levein is not able to do the job he was employed to do.

Why Budge has not acted and swung the axe is beyond belief, at a time when the club requires strong leadership, she has not delivered.

To swing the axe, she basically needs to axe the man who should be the man to swing the axe. She won’t do that as he is integral to her current regime.

Can she persuade him to step down as manager only? Would that actually work? I’m not convinced.

We are in a (first team) mess of our own making, and it’s hard to see it being unwound while Budge is still there.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Footballfirst

• Peebo

15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

See if people want FoH board to do something? Contact them. What I found/find funny is the thread title “and where is FoH?” Just sounds pompous and silly. Besides, the OP is FoH, I’m FoH the majority commenting are FoH. The FoH board? They are where they always are, at the end of an email of letter. 

People are obviously a bit raw right now, so I’ll try and go easy on the smilies. Remember though, people deal with misery and grievance in different ways. Doesn’t make me any less concerned or less of a supporter. 👍

I contacted them a few weeks back, still waiting on a response.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

I understand that the FoH reps on the HMFC board can't break ranks with the rest of the HMFC board. However, the FoH as an organisation could at the very least issue a statement acknowledging the concerns of FoH subscribers. Maybe an FoH EGM could be called if their constitution / governance allows this.

I would hope that all 7 persons on the board would be able to voice their own opinion before anything went to a vote. While, in most instances, I think the feelings of all wouldn't be a million miles apart, this is something different in a way. It would also be interesting if a meeting was held by the board members if the manager, who is a member of that board, would want or expect to have a vote on his own future. Be heard, yes, but I'd see it as beneficial if he was then asked to leave the meeting for a vote to be taken. The other 3 remaining board members might vote with Ann, despite any concerns raised by the two directors representing the FOH, but I genuinely think everyone who is watching the football is watching the same thing and knows when something is or isn't working.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Melbourne Jambo said:

That's the nature of it though when you have what is effectively a sole owner in Budge. 

Once the ownership changes hands to the FoH next year then it will be a different structure where I imagine the FoH board will basically be the club board.

As someone else pointed out in here, reducing or suspending your pledge does nothing much aside from potentially delaying the takeover - if anything increasing your pledge may make the takeover happen quicker. 

The Governance arrangements allow FOH two club board members. The majority of the club board will be non-FOH. FoH will have no control over matters such as the manager and coaching staff. I think on balance that's a good thing but I think FoH will need to be more pro-active in representing  the views of its members and fans generally than it appears to be at present.

Edited by Francis Albert

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The Governance arrangements allow FOH two club board members. The majority of the club board will be non-FOH. FoH will have no control over matters such as the manager and coaching staff. I think on balance that's a good thing but I think FoH will need to be more pro-active in representing  the views of its members and fans generally than it appears to be at present.

It will be a tough balancing act in the seasons we don’t play well. 

44 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

See if people want FoH board to do something? Contact them. What I found/find funny is the thread title “and where is FoH?” Just sounds pompous and silly. Besides, the OP is FoH, I’m FoH the majority commenting are FoH. The FoH board? They are where they always are, at the end of an email of letter. 

People are obviously a bit raw right now, so I’ll try and go easy on the smilies. Remember though, people deal with misery and grievance in different ways. Doesn’t make me any less concerned or less of a supporter. 👍

Should know this , but how do we contact the Foundation ? Couldn’t see any “Contact us” section on the website?

Would be good to know how many have cancelled direct debits over the last few weeks. Certainly several people claim to be on social media etc. The silence from all parties is deafening....... 

Psychedelicropcircle

The FOH board members are nothing more than starry eyed Jambos who can’t believe they have a seat at the table.

theyll be like the Churchill dug....oh yes

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Mort said:

Would be good to know how many have cancelled direct debits over the last few weeks. Certainly several people claim to be on social media etc. The silence from all parties is deafening....... 

The pledge is not a political tool and never should be. Its denial on annual whims will render  us ungovernable and a laughing stock.

Anyone who does this and then returns should have their  priveliges reset.

Empty seats, protests, email, social media...there are plenty of options to register unrest without petulant actions that deny club funds unless individuals get their own way etc. Cant govern/budget in such a climate.

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

[email protected]

or

139AAB3D-F20A-4F90-A7DF-805641D2D8B7.png

Thanks for the literal response to the OP!

As a matter of interest how was this message communicated and when.

I can't find the blogs on the FoH website.

1 minute ago, farin said:

I think people got a very good idea of the type of fan you are when you came on here yesterday laughing at the demo & clothes the protesters were wearing tbh. 

Farin... your opinion means nothing to me. I really don’t care if I fit your idea of what a Hearts supporter is. Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for the literal response to the OP!

As a matter of interest how was this message communicated and when.

I can't find the blogs on the FoH website.

It’s on the emails they send out. I’ve contacted them a few times about various different things and I’ve always received a prompt and courteous reply. 

6 minutes ago, farin said:

Happy to hear that,

it’s not just my opinion btw. A lot on here already have a very low opinion of you mothy, I’d have thought that was very evident to you by now. 😎 

Jesus. That’ll keep me up at nights Farin. Probably even shed a few tears later. :lol:

Good god man, give yourself a shake. It’s a football forum for people to express opinions. If you don’t like those opinions from someone, pop them on ignore. There’s a good chap. 👍

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Lets not forget, even if Budge is planning an exit for her main man, there is the huge question of pay-off... he won't walk for nothing.  You can bet your bottom dollar he'll have himself wrapped up in a watertight contract that will have a mega sized golden handshake involved for that inevitable day. 

Thats more likely to be the reason behind Budge taking her time to get rid of him.

That and negotiating a deal with the SFA to bring Shelley Kerr in to replace him... 😁

Edited by Hugh Watt

Okay, apologies if i’m repeating what others have said.

1. CL being on the board has no impact on the club’s ability to get rid of him. The CEO and CFO of a Plc sit on their boards and are removed if required. Board members regularly meet as sub committees and without other board members in attendance. Despite what Michael Stewart says, CL being on the board is completely irrelevant when it comes to whether he stays or go as mgr, DoF and as a board member.

2. How does anyone know FoH have not expressed their views or that of FoG members to board? Although, not sure that would

actually be required in order for the board to now how some/many/all fans feel.

3. As responsible directors they should not be issuing statements to appease fans. That would be an odd thing to do and I would question their suitability for the role if they did. 

4. Of course there is a bond between the individuals. It would be very weird if there was not. Again perfectly normal but doesn’t mean they are not expressing a view that a change is needed or indeed that they do from time to time disagree with things Ann or others want to do or suggest doing.

5. CL has already offered to step down. 

38 minutes ago, Mort said:

Why?

2 minutes ago, farin said:

Only speaking the truth mothy, your “opinion” of what fans were wearing at yesterday’s demo was a cheap dig & angered a few on here. 

Seems to me that your more angry that all your cheerleading of levein & belittling of posters has all came to nothing. You can’t even have the grace to admit you were wrong about him & a lot of posters on here were 100% correct. 😊 

To be fair, I think he has said CL’s time is up, no ?

Only good thing now is, it’s easy to spot a troll because they will back Levein.

😀

queensferryjambo
13 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Back on topic...

What can the FOH do?

As far as I am aware Heart of Midlothian have 7 board members - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/club/board

One of them is Stuart Wallace the chairman of the Foundation of Hearts. According to his profile Stuart provides the link between the football club and the Foundation of Hearts. 

So on paper The Foundation of Hearts clearly have a voice on the board. I am not sure if that is the case in reality. 

12 hours ago, barcajambo said:

Says it all that Stuart Wallace has tweeted nothing football related despite being very vocal on twitter before the Hamilton game and before most other games.  The guy is only interested in cosying up to the board and not representing the fans.

This.  He’s gone way down in my estimations.  All that #legendsinthestands pish a distant memory now.

22 minutes ago, farin said:

Only speaking the truth mothy, your “opinion” of what fans were wearing at yesterday’s demo was a cheap dig & angered a few on here. 

Seems to me your more angry that all your cheerleading of levein & belittling of posters has all came to nothing. You can’t even have the grace to admit you were wrong about him & a lot of posters on here were in fact 100% correct. 😊 

Bloody hell. You’ve lost the plot man. 😄

I have said a good few times that yesterday was the day my mind was changed on Levein. Maybe if you had cranked the hysterical fury down a couple of notches to a mild seethe, you’d have noticed this? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Honestly think you need to get over yourself a bit. People will have different views to you on things. It’s allowed... whether that be wearing tracksuits or setting up football teams.

If you can’t handle differing opinions, there’s a few options open to you:

1) put people you disagree with on ignore.

2) stop reading and posting on forums where the only thing people have in common is the football team they support.

3) go for a long walk and reassess your priorities in life. Ask yourself if it actually matters whether someone disagrees with you or not.

4) Yoga.

5) Pilates.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

The FOH board members are nothing more than starry eyed Jambos who can’t believe they have a seat at the table.

theyll be like the Churchill dug....oh yes

The Churchill dug   😂😂😂😂.. stolen!

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Aye am afraid can't identify with any of them, Ms Budge will have had a restless night but will I believe do the right thing.

Can’t identify with who? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I can't see me stopping farting anytime soon though. :whistling:

Maybe easing back on the ruby murrays will help FF. :oohmatron:

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Less than I thought. An EGM at the moment would be an interesting meeting, that's for sure. 

A throwback to the pie-rat days maybe Dave. 

chuck berrys hairline
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

As far as I am aware Heart of Midlothian have 7 board members - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/club/board

One of them is Stuart Wallace the chairman of the Foundation of Hearts. According to his profile Stuart provides the link between the football club and the Foundation of Hearts. 

So on paper The Foundation of Hearts clearly have a voice on the board. I am not sure if that is the case in reality. 

Even after they 'buy' the club they still don't have that much power at boardroom level from my understanding. Still no doubt be outvoted and talked over at the main table then just like now.

8 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Even after they 'buy' the club they still don't have that much power at boardroom level from my understanding. Still no doubt be outvoted and talked over at the main table then just like now.

By who?

14 hours ago, Peebo said:

The transitional nature of the club’s ownership has inevitably led to some atypical relationships between the stakeholders. I can’t help but feel that the performance of the first team - ultimately the most important thing - is not getting the focus from the club’s leadership that it merits.

Try writing this again but start with:

In my opinion..........

8 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Two seats on the board to represent the FOH members. At present Mrs B is on both Club and FOH board of directors and will resign from FOH when the buy out of the shares are cpmpleted. The FOH will own 75% of the shares. We should be thinking about more influence within the club when under so called fan ownership. Fan owned but not fan controlled we have been told.

Hi Dave We are talking about FOH so I don't identify with any of the Board, when Mr Cormack was at helm I certainly did, Stuart Wallace is far too soft in my opinion.

14 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Ballot ballot ballot ballot ballot 

That’s what is needed! Subscribed contributing members only! One vote per subscriber - with a straight forward question, for or against:-  YES or NO

ballot ballot ballot ballot ballot 

I vote "yes for out"....or is it "no for remain".....!!

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I vote "yes for out"....or is it "no for remain".....!!

The question will be revealed after the votes are in and counted!!!

18 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Try writing this again but start with:

In my opinion..........

Eh? Of course it’s my opinion. Is that not already obvious from what I’ve written?

portobellojambo1
40 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Two seats on the board to represent the FOH members. At present Mrs B is on both Club and FOH board of directors and will resign from FOH when the buy out of the shares are cpmpleted. The FOH will own 75% of the shares. We should be thinking about more influence within the club when under so called fan ownership. Fan owned but not fan controlled we have been told.

That isn't quite the case. She is not a director of FoH, she is a contributor. She doesn't have to resign from FoH, if she wants no further involvement with  them post Bidco all she has to do is cease her monthly contribution.

As members of FOH have we the right to know where our 2 directors on the Hearts board stand regarding Levein.

Can our members put forward a resolution to discuss what our membership want or have our 2 directors have a 

free hand in all decisions.

Just now, mitch41 said:

As members of FOH have we the right to know where our 2 directors on the Hearts board stand regarding Levein.

Can our members put forward a resolution to discuss what our membership want or have our 2 directors have a 

free hand in all decisions.

Why don’t you contact them directly and ask them where they stand ?

Any FOH member can do so.

FOH has nothing to do with this at present

It's pretty clear so just another thread to put the boot into the club

Our owner is in charge at present and until then the buck stops with her

Only a fool would not think she is fully aware of the current position and strength of feeling

It is maybe nothing to do with the FOH but it most certainly has a lot to do with the two Directors appointed to the Main Board to represent FOH. At the moment they are absolutely nowhere to be heard. 

Not good enough. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Only a fool would not think she is fully aware of the current position and strength of feeling

I think someone in a better position than anyone on JKB to do so is putting the boot into the club.

8 hours ago, suds66 said:

Budge has done some wonderful things since she stepped into Tynecastle and she will rightly be remembered and thanked for her hard work. I'm sure she never envisaged what is currently happening at the club and this may well make her think it's time to move on however, it has been blatantly obvious for months that Levein is not able to do the job he was employed to do.

Why Budge has not acted and swung the axe is beyond belief, at a time when the club requires strong leadership, she has not delivered.

The true test of good leadership is how you function in times of crisis.

Good business women? Yes. Nice and well intentioned? Yes. Leader? Absolutely not. 

Edited by Taffin

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

There's the problem, this place is full of them.

1 hour ago, Threebs said:

It is maybe nothing to do with the FOH but it most certainly has a lot to do with the two Directors appointed to the Main Board to represent FOH. At the moment they are absolutely nowhere to be heard. 

Not good enough. 

Absolutely agree. FOH gives out platitudes about #legendsinthestands. It means nothing, absolutely nothing. They should just have had the hashtag #moneyinthebank. What we need now is #legendsintheboardroom. These 2 directors should be be asking the members their views and representing that view in the boardroom and then reporting back to the members.

The way the FOH is set up means until the monies due are paid ,FOH don't have any voting rights or say in how the club is run , 

That's what was agreed at the start , once we pay Ann Budge we take over 75% of shares ,only then do we have any say .At moment FOH is toothless , Check the FOH website the facts are all there .. 

It,s frustrating but true unfortunately , FOH are only doing what we all agreed to when members were asked to vote on constitution , 

They are as frustrated as us I,m sure .. 

I don't think Ann Budge needs their input to know the current football department is a big mess I,m sure her eyesight and hearings fine . 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Yeah but what is she doing about it?