And where is FoH?

Francis Albert

Not sure the club should ever operate under a model where a manager gets punted when fans are not happy. Fans maybe correct that levein should leave but punters views are frequently horrendous so I think bad road to go down that everytime X amount of FoH subscribers are not happy they can trigger sacking of manager is not something I would want as a £20pm subscriber.

I disagree with most of the shouts I here from terraces so dont want with respect these clowns talking on behalf of me.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Footballfirst

• Peebo

wattie exploited

ann budge said a while back even when the FOH take over they will still not have any control on players and manager issues and that the current board and management will make all the important decisions and there is no danger she will sack Craigie boy  !:leveinproblem:

22 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Nothing just now. All pledges go towards paying back bidco and FoH look to take over control next year. Right now, cancelling only impacts the foundation and not the club. I spoke with Stuart from FoH the other night about this sort of stuff. 

Yeah - and Stuart thinks the fans are protesting about the last 5/6 weeks results. Party line.

1 hour ago, eyes open said:

The way the FOH is set up means until the monies due are paid ,FOH don't have any voting rights or say in how the club is run

FOH currently has voting rights over 35% of the shares in the club.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The questions asked in this thread are completely valid.

FOH is there to represent the fanbase and in particular the fans who donate. I’m listening to Ian Murray tonight saying Levein should get two more games - that shows a serious lack of judgement and makes me wonder whether FOH has the teeth it needs for a mess like this.

I sincerely hope that behind the scenes, an FOH rep is pushing the case for Levein to be sacked but I doubt it. I suspect they’ll just go along with whatever Budge does. Comment of some sort from FOH is overdue.

9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Another year and you’ll be able to contact them to ask where they stand on why a particular player is playing in a particular position.

Perish the thought ---- many a true word spoke in jest.

12 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Another year and you’ll be able to contact them to ask where they stand on why a particular player is playing in a particular position.

Or have we actually seen a player in action before signing him?

59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

FOH is there to represent the fanbase and in particular the fans who donate. I’m listening to Ian Murray tonight saying Levein should get two more games - that shows a serious lack of judgement and makes me wonder whether FOH has the teeth it needs for a mess like this.

I sincerely hope that behind the scenes, an FOH rep is pushing the case for Levein to be sacked but I doubt it. I suspect they’ll just go along with whatever Budge does. Comment of some sort from FOH is overdue.

Could be a case of

The Hearts support can kiss my ass

I'm in the directors hospitality box at last.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don't think Ian Murray has had anything to do with FoH for some time except presumably still as a member like the rest of us. It is just his opinion

I would be slightly comforted if Ann had as short a timescale as two games for Levein.

But otherwise I agree.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Murray is an imposter, and soon to be out of a job. Can't help thinking he's making a noise to get noticed as one of our future FoH directors.  Please don't let him anywhere near our club.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Murray is an imposter, and soon to be out of a job. Can't help thinking he's making a noise to get noticed as one of our future FoH directors.  Please don't let him anywhere near our club.

Wow. What is the basis for this? What has he done wrong? He has no role In FoH at present and has expressed a view about how long Levein should be given. An over generous view IMO but at least more reaction to the current shambles than any of the current FOH directors have offered.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 15/09/2019 at 11:00, Taffin said:

The true test of good leadership is how you function in times of crisis.

Good business women? Yes. Nice and well intentioned? Yes. Leader? Absolutely not. 

Like when the club you support is about to go bust and you save it? 

I'd like to hear that Wallace and Cormack are actually doing something. 

I'm not sure if the position is voluntary or not, but regardless, they hold directorships for one of Scotlands leading clubs representing the interests of 8,000+ fans. 

They need to be echoing the sentiments of the foundation. Otherwise, they're little more than yes men with zero say in the running of the club. I'm not saying they need to issuing ultimatums but folk are cancelling subs because they feel ignored and not listened to.. that their views do not matter. Unless the leadership of the foundation can make it clear that every subs views matter and that they are impressing on Budge the importance of results and the risk of disengaging the fan base then I'm not sure what the point in them actually is. 

39 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not sure if the position is voluntary or not, but regardless, they hold directorships for one of Scotlands leading clubs representing the interests of 8,000+ fans. 

They need to be echoing the sentiments of the foundation. Otherwise, they're little more than yes men with zero say in the running of the club. I'm not saying they need to issuing ultimatums but folk are cancelling subs because they feel ignored and not listened to.. that their views do not matter. Unless the leadership of the foundation can make it clear that every subs views matter and that they are impressing on Budge the importance of results and the risk of disengaging the fan base then I'm not sure what the point in them actually is. 

If more than 80 people could turn up for an FoH agm they might get the FoH they seem to want. FoH does have a communication issue during bad times, but that was always going to be the case. It will be interesting to see how they interact with their membership once they are the major shareholder. Fan ownership has many challenges. 

46 minutes ago, OTT said:

You're a bit out of date. Brian Cormack ceased to be a director of both the club and FOH around the time of the AGMs in 2016.

Donald Cumming and Stuart Wallace are FOH's representatives on the club board.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like when the club you support is about to go bust and you save it? 

Precisely. That's exactly the type of decisive and proactive leadership we need to see again.

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If more than 80 people could turn up for an FoH agm they might get the FoH they seem to want. FoH does have a communication issue during bad times, but that was always going to be the case. It will be interesting to see how they interact with their membership once they are the major shareholder. Fan ownership has many challenges. 

You're right, communication is not great from FoH, especially over this current, hugely important issue.

I'd like to think they have voiced the members concerns to the club, but it would be good if they would actually tell us that, or if not, try to gauge opinion so that they can pass on those concerns to the club

12 hours ago, weehammy said:

Not helpful 

The lack of knowledge about the workings of FOH and the board membership is frightening

Posters just coming up with anything not even knowing who the reps are.

The future far from being bright could be bleak if some of them think they represent the views of the average fan

Never mind what they think representation will give them in terms of the power to make decisions

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

The lack of knowledge about the workings of FOH and the board membership is frightening

The future far from being bright could be bleak if some of them think they represent the views of the average fan

Never mind what they think representation will give them in terms of the power to make decisions

They should represent the views of the average fan. That’s why we voted them in in the first place. To be that link between supporter and club and ensure a smooth transition next year. 

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

They should represent the views of the average fan. That’s why we voted them in in the first place. To be that link between supporter and club and ensure a smooth transition next year. 

They should represent the views of the average FOH member.

A ballot would be the way to do that. They don't really represent the average fan who doesn't contribute to the FOH.

7 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

A ballot would be the way to do that. They don't really represent the average fan who doesn't contribute to the FOH.

I think FoH members should elect FoH directors who they trust to act in the club’s best interests. Not a great fan of referenda. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think FoH members should elect FoH directors who they trust to act in the club’s best interests. Not a great fan of referenda. 

I agree with you, I was just pointing out to get an average FOH members view would be a ballot of some kind and that if you don't contribute to FOH you can't really complain about who gets elected to the board from FOH.

I'm all for just voting in a candidate who I believe would have the club's best interest at heart and leaving them too it.

20 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Sorry, I meant us FOH pledgers as the average fan.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Must admit I don't know much about FOH workings ... I just answered the call to arms at our hour of need ... and have carried on paying since. But I do think the foh should be more vocal regarding the team / club we will inherit next year

I wrote to FOH about three weeks ago asking what they were doing about our poor performances on the park. Received a quick response saying that FOH have two reps. on board of directors but what ever they discuss is confidential. I replied saying this was unsatisfactory and a better arrangement was required. Stuart again replied and said that we would have to agree to disagree over this arrangement. 

Mid Calder Jambo
6 minutes ago, Plato said:

I wrote to FOH about three weeks ago asking what they were doing about our poor performances on the park. Received a quick response saying that FOH have two reps. on board of directors but what ever they discuss is confidential. I replied saying this was unsatisfactory and a better arrangement was required. Stuart again replied and said that we would have to agree to disagree over this arrangement. 

It is the same old story.  Once people get into a position of power they act to preserve their own interests and dress it up as "it's confidential".  Fan ownership does have its challenges indeed.

Leveins Battalion

I have recieved an email today from the FOH,basically they and Ann are fully aware of supporters feelings and hope for a turn around in fortune soon,whatever that means.

11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I have recieved an email today from the FOH,basically they and Ann are fully aware of supporters feelings and hope for a turn around in fortune soon,whatever that means.

what else did it say?

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

what else did it say?

Basically that their is no dialogue from FOH on social media as they think it would do more harm than good.

That they are all aware (Ann included) of what the supporters mood is at present towards Levein and the coaching staff.

No indication that anything will change though.

38 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

It is the same old story.  Once people get into a position of power they act to preserve their own interests and dress it up as "it's confidential".  Fan ownership does have its challenges indeed.

Lets hope you never get on the board or any story will be splashed on the front page never mind the cost

You do realise that people have responsibilities when they take on a role and just because you think you are entitled to know it all does not mean you are

Too many are using the current situation on the park to hit out at anything and everything.

Mid Calder Jambo
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Lets hope you never get on the board or any story will be splashed on the front page never mind the cost

You do realise that people have responsibilities when they take on a role and just because you think you are entitled to know it all does not mean you are

Too many are using the current situation on the park to hit out at anything and everything.

Thanks for that considerd response.  You must think I am clueless so i will apologies for that.

With many years experience in business, sadly not on boards, but certainly at a level where confidentiality was paramount of course I realise that people have responsibilities and of course I do not expect to be responded to by any board member of a company that I am a shareholder..  The point I was making was about preservation of self interest rather anything to do with confidentiality.  The further people go p the tree in business the more their actions are about preserving that self interest as much as disemination of confidentila facts.

I think at the very least the FOH members who are Directors on the Hearts board could say that they are working to ensure that supporters who contibute are having their interests taken into account at board level. At the present all supporters/contributors hear is silence at time when they want reassurance that the board is doing everything in their power to reslove the current crisis.

6 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Thanks for that considerd response.  You must think I am clueless so i will apologies for that.

With many years experience in business, sadly not on boards, but certainly at a level where confidentiality was paramount of course I realise that people have responsibilities and of course I do not expect to be responded to by any board member of a company that I am a shareholder..  The point I was making was about preservation of self interest rather anything to do with confidentiality.  The further people go p the tree in business the more their actions are about preserving that self interest as much as disemination of confidentila facts.

I think at the very least the FOH members who are Directors on the Hearts board could say that they are working to ensure that supporters who contibute are having their interests taken into account at board level. At the present all supporters/contributors hear is silence at time when they want reassurance that the board is doing everything in their power to reslove the current crisis.

Given they have issued replies to concerns perhaps you should take them at face value

They have not been silent but they have not also made a song and dance about it unlike some on this board

Mid Calder Jambo
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Given they have issued replies to concerns perhaps you should take them at face value

They have not been silent but they have not also made a song and dance about it unlike some on this board

I hear what you say and accept it. 

My reservation here is that I think we are at the stage that a song and dance needs to be made.  We are hurtling towards Championship football next season with the attendant financial constraints that come along with playing at that level. A board that does nothing to avoid that scenario is, IMHO, negligent and it starts with good clear communication.

1 hour ago, Plato said:

Aye, wee Plato from JKB demands to know what is said in the boardroom.

:cornette: