And where is FoH?

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

"The greatest fan movement in Scottish football history"

Something like 7m quid in maybe more. Someone suggested a temporary suspension of our direct debits. Too far for me.  Why not at least a mass email message to FoH that the two FoH directors on the club board should be pressing what is clearly the majority view of the fans. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Footballfirst

• Peebo

I’m personally slightly uneasy about the current relationship between FOH and the club, just as I am about the relationship between our manager and the board (not least because Levein is on both sides!).

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Something like 7m quid in maybe more. Someone suggested a temporary suspension of our direct debits. Too far for me.  Why not at least a mass email message to FoH that the two FoH directors on the club board should be pressing what is clearly the majority view of the fans. 

How do you know for sure what the majority of the fans want?

I do think they should be actively gauging opinion.

Francis Albert
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

What? :lol: 

What do you think is the point of FoH if it does not represent the views of its members and fans more generally? And why is telling FoH our views a laughable idea?

Francis Albert
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Or their members should be actively expressing their opinion which is what I suggested. 

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I’m personally slightly uneasy about the current relationship between FOH and the club, just as I am about the relationship between our manager and the board (not least because Levein is on both sides!).

I get a very large and strong tin hat (despite that being absolutely bang on the money).

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Or their members should be actively expressing their opinion which is what I suggested. 

I would think many already have. I certainly have!!!

I dont expect foh to have any chance of exerting even the slightest bit pressure on the man who cannot admit he is failing week in week out.

Foh should IMO state their thoughts /position on the matter. You can’t just expect for fans to not ask questions of people who have put themselves forward and been elected by the fans.they have done a great job but should also be open to critique and communicate with fans. This applies to positive things going on at the club but also the negative.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

I get a very large and strong tin hat (despite that being absolutely bang on the money).

Not sure a tin hat will be needed. Most if not all will realise that there is a problem with the current situation which Ann Budge allowed to happen( levein to be bulletproof)

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What do you think is the point of FoH if it does not represent the views of its members and fans more generally? And why is telling FoH our views a laughable idea?

Do you wear trackies FA?  Cos that has a big bearing on the weight that your opinion carries.

Personally, I tend to picture you in a smoking jacket with a cuban cigar in one hand and gin martini in the other.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not sure a tin hat will be needed. Most if not all will realise that there is a problem with the current situation which Ann Budge allowed to happen( levein to be bulletproof)

Will they?

This has been going on long enough.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Will they?

This has been going on long enough.

I think nearly everyone must be on the same page now that Levein is damaging the club with his utter pig headedness.

Clearly he wont walk, therefore Ann must act or she risks tarnishing all thr good she has done.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Do you wear trackies FA?  Cos that has a big bearing on the weight that your opinion carries.

Personally, I tend to picture you in a smoking jacket with a cuban cigar in one hand and gin martini in the other.

Don't wear trackies or smoking jackets or smoke Cuban or any other cigars. WTF that has to do with anything? Got me.

Just now, Zlatanable said:

Understandable. The FoH is due to own Hearts next year, 2020.

What’s understandable? My unease, or the fact that there is FOH representation on the board?

15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You are allowed to call FOH they, according to Icon of Symmetry, they should be referred to as we

2 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Back on topic...

What can the FOH do?

Nothing just now. All pledges go towards paying back bidco and FoH look to take over control next year. Right now, cancelling only impacts the foundation and not the club. I spoke with Stuart from FoH the other night about this sort of stuff. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Back on topic...

What can the FOH do?

It can represent the views of its membership and fans generally through its two club board members and it's already substantial shareholding. If it is by any chance so.out of touch it doesn't k ow their views they could try to find out.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Ffs.

Old Blue eyes strikes again and the man babies lap it up.

"Man babies"? 

As opposed to informative and insightful adult contributions  like yours?

9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Your unease. If 8000 of us are giving money, each month, that is an important part.

The transitional nature of the club’s ownership has inevitably led to some atypical relationships between the stakeholders. I can’t help but feel that the performance of the first team - ultimately the most important thing - is not getting the focus from the club’s leadership that it merits.

Edited by Peebo

AlphonseCapone
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just have to trust me 

As in you thought I was being a dick when I asked or it's like a private conversation type deal so you can't? 

Don't wear trackies or smoking jackets or smoke Cuban or any other cigars. WTF that has to do with anything? Got me.

Ha, apologies FA, didn't mean to bamboozle you.

I was referring to a post on another thread where the poster who responded to your OP criticised the protesters at the stadium today for wearing trackies, implying that choice of attire might have some bearing on the weight afforded to one's opinion.

My response to you was more a wee joke at Mothy's expense.  It was never likely to make any sort of sense to you (unless you'd read the other thread and could connect the dots). 

Reference to cigars and cocktails should be taken as a compliment though, as I was suggesting you are far more sophisticated than the typical trackie wearing lout that protests outside Tynecastle.  You can of course correct me if I've got that part wrong!  👍

40 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Referendum time.............!!

Budge and Levein.......in or oot.....!,

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Man babies"? 

As opposed to informative and insightful adult contributions  like yours?

Only a pathetic child would start a thread like this. 

You cry Wolf far to much to be even remotely considered an adult.

It's rather obvious to anyone with a quarter of a brain why the Foundation aren't getting involved.

You know that though.

Enjoy the defeat. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Referendum time.............!!

Budge and Levein.......in or oot.....!,

No

Just a suggestion that the FoH should have some influence and reflect the views of their membership and fans generally. Surprised that should be remotely controversial.

Francis Albert

Only a pathetic child would start a thread like this. 

You cry Wolf far to much to be even remotely considered an adult.

It's rather obvious to anyone with a quarter of a brain why the Foundation aren't getting involved.

You know that though.

Enjoy the defeat. 

Why do the FoH have two club board members and not get involved in how the club is run?

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

No

Just a suggestion that the FoH should have some influence and reflect the views of their membership and fans generally. Surprised that should be remotely controversial.

Sorry mate, wasn't having a go and fully agree with you. But I think we have to make our voice heard, but how...?

Levein has a thick skin and Budge is now part of the problem. She appointed him.

I'll take your criticism on board. 

Thanks.

It’s more of a straight up go at your constant attention seeking behaviour than criticism.

I’m a pledger and whilst I will never stop until the day I drop I do believe that there may be something that FOH can do. A possible scenario is to get all members to have a vote in no confidence in the manager ?

never stop pledges. That is madness, but just throwing it out there as I’m extremely concerned that if CL is allowed to continue this absolutely atrocious run (5 league wins in 11 months or something like that) then we will get relegated if that continues.

Hes one defeat away from being the worst manager in our history. And look at the resources and stadia etc he has. It has to stop somehow. Yet he believes it can turn around under his tenure. That’s absolutely frightening 

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Why do the FoH have two club board members and not get involved in how the club is run?

The whole set up is weird. Most of the board are actually non-Exec. The one exec member on the board with defined responsibility for the footballing side is also our manager.

Levein is only leaving if he decides to. There isn’t really a mechanism to get him out otherwise. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

As in you thought I was being a dick when I asked or it's like a private conversation type deal so you can't? 

The latter. Should be easy enough to see. Nothing controversial I might add just not supportive. 

As I said joining not instigating 

51 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ballot ballot ballot ballot ballot 

That’s what is needed! Subscribed contributing members only! One vote per subscriber - with a straight forward question, for or against:-  YES or NO

ballot ballot ballot ballot ballot 

I emailed FoH a few weeks back to ask if the recent poor run of results had impacted on donators 

Still waiting on a reply!

If I was to guess, I’d say we are substantially below 8k now

Francis Albert
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Ballot ballot ballot ballot ballot 

That’s what is needed! Subscribed contributing members only! One vote per subscriber - with a straight forward question, for or against:-  YES or NO

ballot ballot ballot ballot ballot 

No.Not at all what I had in mind. Just that the FoH representatives on the club board should try to represent the views of FOH members and fans generally. For a fan ownership movement that doesn't seem to me unreasonable.But maybe I have got the whole fan ownership idea I signed onto wrong.

AlphonseCapone
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The latter. Should be easy enough to see. Nothing controversial I might add just not supportive. 

As I said joining not instigating 

👍

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Peebo said:

The whole set up is weird. Most of the board are actually non-Exec. The one exec member on the board with defined responsibility for the footballing side is also our manager.

Levein is only leaving if he decides to. There isn’t really a mechanism to get him out otherwise. 

Non exec members have equal votes on the Board with exec directors. FOH is currently in a minority. But so is Craig ... even more so in fact.

9 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Too far man we are all hearts fans at the end of the day. Boy you referring too is karate Keith every hearts fan knows that 👀😬

I know mate. Im sorry for offending Keith like i said. Hearts are literally my life. I get too wound up at times. Im genuinely sorry. Like i said. Had a a few messages .... argh... what a horrible time all round to be a jambo. Let alone a drunken idiot like me 😭

Sorry folks. I did ask the mods to delete my post(s). 😭

Non exec members have equal votes on the Board with exec directors. FOH is currently in a minority. But so is Craig ... even more so in fact.

Not sure of the voting structure, but my point is, the non-exec board members are unlikely to be able to force through an outing of Levein against his wishes. 

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No.Not at all what I had in mind. Just that the FoH representatives on the club board should try to represent the views of FOH members and fans generally. For a fan ownership movement that doesn't seem to me unreasonable.But maybe I have got the whole fan ownership idea I signed onto wrong.

How do they know or find out the views of the membership??

200 / 300 angry e mails do not represent the 8,000.

Perhaps an EGM then??

Toxteth O'Grady
16 minutes ago, farin said:

i don’t think FoH will get involved with team matters tbh, it’s not in their remit. They don’t own the club yet. Budge would be the person who should be speaking up in that respect.. 

If you’d signed up to buy a car next year but the owner stopped washing it, inflating the tyres and checking the oil. Is that Ok?