Halkett ?

jambopilms

Opinions ?

Clearly hasn't improved the defence, and Berra is getting all the shit. Berra has been awful but I dont think Halkett is as good defensively as we all hoped. Positionally all over the place. Berra seem to be on his own too often. Granted shouldn't really judge anyone when everyone is poor.

And before I get told he is the least off the problems, I do know that. I think we miss Souter

Halkett had a poor game today, but he’s been a fantastic signing. 

The boy Gallagher for Motherwell today was his CB partner at Livi last season, maybe we should have brought both of them in.

Good player all round, and an asset going forward. However, he has looked a bit of a bombscare at times and is a central part of an utterly shambolic defence.

Would hopefully thrive under a competent manager. 

AlphonseCapone

Overall he's been a good signing. Was definitely off his game today but that's down to the situation imo. Him and Souttar should be starters when both fit. 

We'd be out the cup without him.

Actually, wait, staying in the cup has probably helped prolong Losevein's stay.

For that reason alone I hate him.

😐

He must be thinking wtf he was doing agreeing to join us!

I like him but anyone else noticed how he was left dead for pace when one on one with Motherwell striker who managed to get a great shot it but well saved by Doyle in 2nd half. 

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Great signing. Blameless for the shit we are serving up 

Yip. It’s getting to the stage players aren’t accountable. 

That sounds ridiculous but when the team seems directionless and uninspired then players are affected. 

Even the experienced players are starting to look strained. 

Halkett is a good signing. Comfortable on the ball and reasonable defensively. He is playing in a total patchwork defence just now.  

7 minutes ago, Zaba said:

The boy Gallagher for Motherwell today was his CB partner at Livi last season, maybe we should have brought both of them in.

No thanks .A rather unsavory individual. 

Levein breeds negativity and instills fear into players. He doesn't realise it of course, because like McPhee, they think they are clever tactically, and one step ahead of the opposition. However, what they really are is ultra cautious coaches, who make players go into their shell, make them afraid of making a mistake or making a wrong pass. The players heads are full of instructions on how to prevent the opposition from playing, before they even begin to think about what they're supposed to be doing. 

The result is bottom of the table stuff, and performances that wouldn't be out of place in the 1st division. 

Edited by innerjambo

12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Opinions ?

Clearly hasn't improved the defence, and Berra is getting all the shit. Berra has been awful but I dont think Halkett is as good defensively as we all hoped. Positionally all over the place. Berra seem to be on his own too often. Granted shouldn't really judge anyone when everyone is poor.

And before I get told he is the least off the problems, I do know that. I think we miss Souter

He was playing today in a defence with  a player not fit for this level of football, the skipper who is short on confidence and not the same since his injury, and a seventeen year old, who will have the odd off day.

Think he deserves a bit of slack

I think he’s been pretty shite all season tbh. The least of our concerns though but he will come good. He’s a good player and proved that last season.

Edited by Uncle Buck

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Levein breeds negativity and instills fear into players. He doesn't realise it of course, because like McPhee, they think they are clever tactically, and one step ahead of the opposition. However, what they really are is ultra cautious coaches, who make players go into their shell, make them afraid of making a mistake or making a wrong pass. The players heads are full of instructions on how to prevent the opposition from playing, before they even begin to think about what they're supposed to be doing. 

And then tell everyone via the press that the players are going into their shells through lack of confidence.

Would be funny if it wasn't real and happening to us.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Promised myself I'll stay off this ****ing pit of arseholes whilst on holiday. But...can't see Halkett singled out. Others have already hit in bang on, will be up there with our POTY nominations.

Admittedly, it might be a small list at this rate...

Halkett is a very good player. He is currently with a group of players suffering from a massive lack of confidence, due to results, tactics, and coaching methods. 

Good player playing in a team bereft of confidence and consistently being let down by his centre half partner. He will gain/save is more points over the course of the season than he will cost us. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think we've disagreed on a few things. (I've had a fair few cheap vodka's...so I might be wrong...) but we agree on this.

Fubar.

Mines is whisky........

Cheers!!

27 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Declan is a good friend of one of my best mates. He said the only offers he got were St Johnstone and Motherwell. He said he would've chose St Johnstone as it is closer to Dundee but Motherwells offer was too good to turn down. So in short I definitely think had we have gone in for him he'd have came. 

Was poor against Hamilton and no better today. I’m not seeing anything other than a run off the mill spl defender. He’s half decent on the ball but all over the place defensively. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'll drink it on your behalf. Best I can do.

I'll be back to being an absolute shite poster in 2 weeks. Normal service shall be resumed.👍🏻

Touche ✌️

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

Was poor against Hamilton and no better today. I’m not seeing anything other than a run off the mill spl defender. He’s half decent on the ball but all over the place defensively. 

That's what I see

Halkett, like others, will come good when coached properly. His form was poor today but hardly surprising. Happens to most of the players we sign, look decent and fall away after a couple of months, been happening like that since Neilson was around. Confident he'll come good in the end and the rest of them will look like completely different players once a new management team are brought in.

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Halkett, like others, will come good when coached properly. His form was poor today but hardly surprising. Happens to most of the players we sign, look decent and fall away after a couple of months, been happening like that since Neilson was around. Confident he'll come good in the end and the rest of them will look like completely different players once a new management team are brought in.

Might be a while before we see any improvement if it’s relying on the management team changing. 

Jambof3tornado

Levein showing great talent for getting the worst out of players.

Halkett is way down the list of current problem areas. Needs a partner he can rely on and a keeper he trusts, he currently has neither.

41 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I like him but anyone else noticed how he was left dead for pace when one on one with Motherwell striker who managed to get a great shot it but well saved by Doyle in 2nd half. 

I noticed that too, but I think a lot of centrehalfs would have struggled to match the striker running at him in that situation. I think he'll be a good player for us.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The defence should be our strongest department under a manager who after all played with distinction at the back but unfortunately he is failing badly to organise anything positive on the pitch right now. If he can't get it right in a position he played in then there is zero hope the rest of the team will suddenly start to play well. 

Nobody is exempt from criticism but I actually thought both have been much worse this season. For example, Halkett was caught miles out of position at Motherwell’s goal at Fir Park or his booking at Parkhead. Berra’s mistakes have been mega highlighted elsewhere.

Today’s goals came from Clare losing his man (after allowing a shot while claiming a non-existent free kick), Uche putting Seedorf right through and Clare failing to put it in row Z when a comeback was a serious possibility. NB where is the Clare thread today? I’m amazed that hasn’t resurfaced after his worst performance yet in a Hearts jersey, ironically following on from what was probably his best.

Anyway, their other chances, the rather alarming foot race apart, really came from the flanks as well. 

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

The Levein affect taking over. Bad coaching will make any player look worse. 

Want Levein out as much as the next person but totally disagree with that. Souttar is a far better player now than when he joined us and a lot of that is down to Levein. 

1 hour ago, Zaba said:

We quite rightly should not be signing players with that sort of baggage.

15 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Nobody is exempt from criticism but I actually thought both have been much worse this season. For example, Halkett was caught miles out of position at Motherwell’s goal at Fir Park or his booking at Parkhead. Berra’s mistakes have been mega highlighted elsewhere.

Today’s goals came from Clare losing his man (after allowing a shot while claiming a non-existent free kick), Uche putting Seedorf right through and Clare failing to put it in row Z when a comeback was a serious possibility. NB where is the Clare thread today? I’m amazed that hasn’t resurfaced after his worst performance yet in a Hearts jersey, ironically following on from what was probably his best.

Anyway, their other chances, the rather alarming foot race apart, really came from the flanks as well. 

You’re amazed the Clare thread hasn’t resurfaced?!?!?

47 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yip, and that's a big problem. Seen good players arrive and go again without showing their best qualities.

This, all day long!!!

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Opinions ?

Berra continues to get a booking nearly every game because he's not fast enough to tackle younger attacking players. Never seen a player go down hill so fast in such a short time.

kennyjambo1974

He is a decent player and he will be better when we get a manager who let's players express themselves .And if not will not be in team next week .the team just needs a reminder that they are just guests at our club and supporters here don't forget .