No one wanted the ball..........!!

Section Q

After they scored we just disappeared. So embarrassing.........!!

Whelan must be scratching himself. Class act....!!

Levein............GTF.......!!

Just now, Section Q said:

Careful.... folk have been banned for less tonight

No they didn't want the ball, because they're all shot of confidence ffs!!!

This is what Levein and McPhee do to players, they breed nervousness. 

Mulraney looked keen enough, but for too long we insisted on forcing everything to the right side. One of about 3 players with a heart today.

47 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Guys like Whelan even looked pissed off.  These guys can only carry themselves for so long. Every player needs strong management and a happy place to work.

The_razors_edge

Said the same to the boy behind me at the game. Midfield don’t want the ball. Nobody wants to take responsibility for driving us forward. Basically a group of Teflon coated, slopey shouldered, gutless shitehawks

25 minutes ago, The Fox said:

Irvine particularly hid.  Not ready

Said at halftime he should be off. Think he's looked decent since he got in the team but looked out of sorts today. Why sign Damour on a 4 year contract then bench him? Same with the young Japanese guy. Set one up and scored the other, should've been playing from the start. Actually, even Hickey to me looked like he wasn't having a good day. Whole team looked out of touch today but I'm not surprised in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Said the same to the boy behind me at the game. Midfield don’t want the ball. Nobody wants to take responsibility for driving us forward. Basically a group of Teflon coated, slopey shouldered, gutless shitehawks

Just add their names to the list of numerous other midfielders we've had these last 3 years or so. They can't all be bad players so something not right in training. New guys come in then leave to be replaced by more new guys who just play the same. No coincidence.

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Said at halftime he should be off. Think he's looked decent since he got in the team but looked out of sorts today. Why sign Damour on a 4 year contract then bench him? Same with the young Japanese guy. Set one up and scored the other, should've been playing from the start. Actually, even Hickey to me looked like he wasn't having a good day. Whole team looked out of touch today but I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Thought hickey battled well and looked composed beyond his years at times but at other times he is so easily brushed off the ball(at throw ins when marking for example).

Levein using him because he has failed to sort out the left back slot. He is not ready to play every week.

annushorribilis III
11 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Just add their names to the list of numerous other midfielders we've had these last 3 years or so. They can't all be bad players so something not right in training. New guys come in then leave to be replaced by more new guys who just play the same. No coincidence.

Absolutely this. 

AlphonseCapone

This has been an issue for a while. When the defence has the ball there are so few options in midfield it's unreal. Look at shys as well, we barely take these quickly, folk just meander about and most of the time we need to fire it up the line to the nearest player who is about 20 yards away. 

Ross County played us off the park at times a few weeks ago by doing the basics; pass, move, triangles. 

36 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Young Hickey looked shell shocked. Their winger was knocking him around and the young guy was bouncing off him. A brilliant young player who should not be playing every game. 

54 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Mulraney looked keen enough, but for too long we insisted on forcing everything to the right side. One of about 3 players with a heart today.

Mulraney has bags and bags of talent but he has the heart of a mouse. He could be some player if he had more confidence and didn’t go missing. I thought today he took the easy option of just trying to put the ball in the box all the time. Thought he could have tried to take his man on a bit more and drive into the box with it. 

north wales jambo

Thought mulraney hid in first half, in a team playing poor, and one of the senior or appearances for hearts he should be demanding the ball or go looking for it, when he did get the ball 2nd half some of his crosses were woeful. As an aside why play mcclean, what did the lad do!

The_razors_edge
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Not since Gomis have we had a midfielder consistently willing to drop deep and demand the ball from the defenders. 

3 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Not since Gomis have we had a midfielder consistently willing to drop deep and demand the ball from the defenders. 

Haring does alright...

5 hours ago, innerjambo said:

No they didn't want the ball, because they're all shot of confidence ffs!!!

This is what Levein and McPhee do to players, they breed nervousness. 

Exactly! And the 40 minute roasting Levein gave them with the dressing room locked will really help them regain their confidence!!

Levein has lost the fans and the players!  

Edited by Thomaso

Brighton Jambo

People are forgetting the age of some of the players.  The poster above saying Irving not ready, the kids playing in a stadium with a toxic atmosphere in a team that can’t win.  Who can blame him for hiding a bit.  Same with Hickey. Brandon, even Clare to an extent.  Young guys who should be protected right now and the senior pros taking responsibility and should have been starting yesterday.  

Damour showed exactly what was needed when he came on.

Irvine has been neat and tidy so far but he's not a box to box midfielder.

Nothing was holding further up the field.

We need to decide how Uche is playing.

Is he our target man? Fine then stick MacLean beside him and feed the pair.

Is he playing deep and running? Fine, then get MacLean ready for the supply.

We didn't do either and so lost the ball too easily.

10 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Moulded in the shape of our manager. 

Meshino was always looking for the ball, screaming when he wasn't getting it.

He's going to be brilliant for us.

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Meshino was always looking for the ball, screaming when he wasn't getting it.

He's going to be brilliant for us.

Not if Levein is in charge. Meshi must wonder wtf have I done.

management about players not wanting the ball -  the barely disguised blame being put at the fans door. Levein,  through his words, is turning the players reactions into a self fulfilling prophecy. Here is man that will find any excuse as long as it doesn't end up at his door.

As someone said on another thread, he should have left after the Cup Final. 

Edited by Riccarton3

13 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

management about players not wanting the ball -  the barely disguised blame being put at the fans door. Levein,  through his words, is turning the players reactions into a self fulfilling prophecy. Here is man that will find any excuse as long as it doesn't end up at his door.

As someone said on another thread, he should have left after the Cup Final. 

Should've left after the embarrassment of a 5-0 drubbing from Livingston. Cracks were already under way by then.

Jambof3tornado
32 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Agree completely. Burns away to Australia and Aidy White not fit despite months of preparation. A very promising kid is at risk of being over-played too early.

Levein tactic through and through. Throw in a youngster and the fans will appreciate what we are trying to do and give him time!!

14 hours ago, The Fox said:

Irvine particularly hid.  Not ready

Pressure has got to him in recent weeks and it’s showing.  Damour a cert to start next week.

Players hiding - I don't suppose we bear any responsibility for this ourselves?

The players aren't playing; the manager isn't managing and the supporters aren't supporting.

I genuinely thought we signed Whelan to perform that role (to drop deep for the ball and take the pressure off the defence).  From the two games I’ve seen him in the flesh, I’ve seen him to do this only a handful of times.  He’s not been anywhere near as influential as I expected.

Not a single 9ne of them will be confident at present.  Why would they be in all this turmoil.

I've just posted on another thread words to the effect that it must be a nightmare at the Oriam right now.  Even they will be wondering why our supremo never utters a word about the nightmare they are all living through.

Utter shambles and the buck stops at the top.

Bazzas right boot

I thought we were quiet keen to get the ball in general. 

However were were very pedestrian until Meshino and Denzil came on. 

Clare and Whelan were dropping deep to get the ball first half imo. 

Maclean was coming short - he's far too easy to mark in general tho. 

The goal knocked us back for ten minutes but energy  and looking for the ball imo isn't the issue. 

Our defence is carved open with a simple ball, or a corner or glaring errors, happening all the time.

We work very hard with the ball, do very little with it. The other team just throws it forward and boom goal. 

Whelan was very good. 

Him and Meshino only real positives. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I thought we were quiet keen to get the ball in general. 

However were were very pedestrian until Meshino and Denzil came on. 

Clare and Whelan were dropping deep to get the ball first half imo. 

Maclean was coming short - he's far too easy to mark in general tho. 

The goal knocked us back for ten minutes but energy  and looking for the ball imo isn't the issue. 

Our defence is carved open with a simple ball, or a corner or glaring errors, happening all the time.

We work very hard with the ball, do very little with it. The other team just throws it forward and boom goal. 

Whelan was very good. 

Him and Meshino only real positives. 

MacLean’s problem since day 1 is that he’s always the wrong side of the ball.  You can drop deep all you want but if there’s still a player between you and the ball it’s utterly pointless.  

As for Clare and Whelan, no point coming short for the ball if you’re not going to turn and face with it but instead punt it back to the back 5 every time.

Early days, but the gulf in quality and technical capability between Meshino and the rest was astounding.  He’s going to be a superstar.

Our players look lost most of the time. No leadership from Levein, McPhee ect down to Berra.

Levein has turned Hearts over a number of years into a shambles. Many of us could see he 

wasn't up to the job 6 months after he became manager because too many of his team selections

decisions were wrong and he'd stand there frozen in the technical area not knowing what to do.

Many fans backed Levein out of pure loyalty but that has long gone and when you get 4 different 

polls with 90% plus voting for him to be sacked, chants from the stands, demonstrations and 

talk of not going back to Tynecastle, Hospitality hit, and having to listen to Levein's cringe 

worthy post match interviews Ann Budge needs to get her head out of the sand and sack 

Levein and his Boot Room now and to hell with the cost because we the fans will happily 

pay to get shot of these employees.

Edited by mitch41