What's Jim Jefferies doing just now?

upgotheheads

Let’s just fill the dugout at Easter Road with Robbo, JJ, BB, Lockie, Gary MacKay **** knows if we’d win but it would troll the **** out of the vermin!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• Haringshairband

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bring JJ in as DOF. 

Appoint a manager from the continent who will bring their own team and be a complete fresh start. 

Sack our entire recruitment department, who have as much to answer for as anyone else.

Would anyone be against that?

JJ for Dof and a manager who has no ties to hearts whatsoever will do for me. A manager who wont just raise their game against hibs and shit it against the old firm but will have a good go against any team we play.

On 14/09/2019 at 21:18, upgotheheads said:

It's maybe clutching at Straws but I wouldn't be unhappy to see JJ and Bill Brown back on a short term contract to steady the ship until someone like Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson or even Robbo  becomes available.

Clare would shit himself if JJ walked into the dressing room.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Think his bag is more actual management not being a cub scout leader in a community centre.

He's currently a DOF at Edinburgh City

Him being in charge of things like youth development, scouting and appointing the first team manager would be a great fit for his CV would it not?

Tell you what he wouldn't have appointed Cathro in the first place and would have binned Levein end of last year, that's for sure.

10 minutes ago, westbow said:

The Hearts shop is missing a trick here, could make a fortune selling JJ comfort blankets.

Or lego taxis with a JJ figurine in it heading to buy a new suit

2 hours ago, dazinho88 said:

I wouldn't want him in as manager, however, he'd my choice to replace Levein as Ann Budges advisor on football matters. 

That's what I was thinking as well.

However I don't know if he is on a contract with City.

I don't actually go along with the view that Mrs Budge is unable to make football decisions . She knows as much about football as any other fan who attends matches and she also has other members of the board who should be getting consulted on decisions as well.

Wouldn't do any harm to have an experienced football man on a consultant basis with the new Manager reporting directly to the board.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

JJ as DoF and Robbo as manager. That'll do me. 

JJ defo DoF, 

Robbo as manager, not so sure??

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

probably fall over, n start cryin.

26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That's what I was thinking as well.

However I don't know if he is on a contract with City.

I don't actually go along with the view that Mrs Budge is unable to make football decisions . She knows as much about football as any other fan who attends matches and she also has other members of the board who should be getting consulted on decisions as well.

Wouldn't do any harm to have an experienced football man on a consultant basis with the new Manager reporting directly to the board.

This is where the arguments start.

Saying she knows as much about football as any fan at matches really doesn’t have any substance. Sorry, it really doesn’t !

Although, re-reading that, I think I have picked you up wrong.

Maybe, she knows a lot less than a good many supporters would be closer.

Apologies if I have picked you up wrongly.

Edited by Boab

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Poisoned chalice this job.

So many ridiculous suggestions, unless the "vacancy" is filled by someone with credentials, that placed them previously above Hearts, I'll give it maybe 2 or 3 weeks before the sniping begins on the next victim.

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Think his bag is more actual management not being a cub scout leader in a community centre.

Oh looky look...

20190903_121704.jpg.93638ac5789e701aeffd368e7e18a8e6.jpg

BonningtonJambo
1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

Bring JJ in as DOF. 

Appoint a manager from the continent who will bring their own team and be a complete fresh start. 

Sack our entire recruitment department, who have as much to answer for as anyone else.

Would anyone be against that?

Been my shout for months 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So many ridiculous suggestions, unless the "vacancy" is filled by someone with credentials, that placed them previously above Hearts, I'll give it maybe 2 or 3 weeks before the sniping begins on the next victim.

There is a perception that, as fans, we don't give managers time. The verdict on Levein is due to 2 consecutive 6th place finishes behind Hibs, as Head Coach aswell as under performance in some areas as DOF. The expensive misfit signings, the Cathro project etc and the general regression on the park since 2016. CL likes to dress it up as being a general societal problem where fans are impatient after only 4 games but, of course, he is quite deliberately trying to treat us as idiots. Shameful really. 

The majority of fans will welcome the bresh of fresh air that a new manager will bring and give him plenty time to sort us out.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Protect the new manager 

:rofl:

you talk some guff. 

Honestly, if a new man in his first 3 games got beat of hibs and then emptied by Aberdeen in the lc at home certain folk would be howling. 

Robbie got it tight for similar and he was a Hearts player of ten years and had a 1st and a 3rd place behind him. 

Hibs beating us and a European defeat is all it taken for the moon howlers to turn on him. 

A new man would be on his arse if he lost the two games in his first 3.

Players are written off and hounded in far less time than 3 games by some! 

Ofc, if a new man came in and won these games we'd be pure dancin, which is funny as if CL does that he's still done. 

Looks like CL is getting the hibs game anyway. 

JJ commenting on CL in the paper today. Believes the Cup Final papered over cracks and that, with the results we've had, he's been lucky to get as much time and support as he has. Also questions whether he will even be in charge at ER.

I wish we had punted Levein in the summer when there were a few interesting candidates available. Darren Moore would have been my pick and he ended up at Doncaster (and isn’t doing too badly at the moment) or the Cowley brothers from Lincoln. But looks like we’re stuck with Levein. Maybe he wants to get relegated to give himself a better chance of actually winning something next season.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Folk kid themselves on as well. 

CL needs to get the hibs game, if anything to avoid a new manager getting it tight if we got beat and then never recovering. 

CL deserved criticism at the end of last year  and now. However, folk have been wanting him gone long before that. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Any new man should be in place after hibs, even maybe Aberdeen. 

Not to give CL more time ( although it does this) it's to protect the new manager, if in his first few games he lost to hibs and then Aberdeen put us out the cup we'd literally be back to certain  fans screaming that there is no way back for him and for him to gtf. 

Or alternatively, comes in does well for half a dozen games, gets a 3 and half year deal, then garbage for months, and repeat.

Needs to be clear all round and public that any interim manager is for a set period only.

JJ may just about fit that bill but I'd imagine Naysmith, Locke, McCann as names mentioned would really be wanting the gig on a full time basis.

Edited by DETTY29

4 hours ago, dazinho88 said:

I wouldn't want him in as manager, however, he'd my choice to replace Levein as Ann Budges advisor on football matters. 

I said this from day one!! 👍

31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There is a perception that, as fans, we don't give managers time. The verdict on Levein is due to 2 consecutive 6th place finishes behind Hibs, as Head Coach aswell as under performance in some areas as DOF. The expensive misfit signings, the Cathro project etc and the general regression on the park since 2016. CL likes to dress it up as being a general societal problem where fans are impatient after only 4 games but, of course, he is quite deliberately trying to treat us as idiots. Shameful really. 

The majority of fans will welcome the bresh of fresh air that a new manager will bring and give him plenty time to sort us out.

Absolutely correct 👍

2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Him being in charge of things like youth development, scouting and appointing the first team manager would be a great fit for his CV would it not?

Tell you what he wouldn't have appointed Cathro in the first place and would have binned Levein end of last year, that's for sure.

JJ has an eye for a player that’s for sure!

Whilst some highlight Petric and Simpson he brought the likes of big Giles, Adam, McCann, Cameron, Flogel, Niemi, Salvatore, Weir, etc, to the Club and gave Gary Naysmith his big chance as a 17 year old.

I’ve met quite a few of these players over the last few years and not one had a bad word to say about JJ.

2 hours ago, westbow said:

Second stint both had a good run curtailed by injuries leading to massive anti climax.

JJ’s anti climax was a 3rd place was it not?

CL’s was a 6th place!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

JJ’s anti climax was a 3rd place was it not?

CL’s was a 6th place!

3rd as DoF. Just saying! :)

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

JJ has an eye for a player that’s for sure!

Whilst some highlight Petric and Simpson he brought the likes of big Giles, Adam, McCann, Cameron, Flogel, Niemi, Salvatore, Weir, etc, to the Club and gave Gary Naysmith his big chance as a 17 year old.

I’ve met quite a few of these players over the last few years and not one had a bad word to say about JJ.

Not to mention the legendary Pasquale Bruno. JJ would be ideal in some advisory capacity to Ann/DOF role. He is an absolute gentleman and well respected by all in the game.  Levein has always been an arrogant and divisive individual and imo he is not what we need at the club.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not to mention the legendary Pasquale Bruno.

Yup another cracking signing 👌

Hampden Demolition

I would have JJ as football advisor to the board. We do not need a director of football. What we need is a manager to come in with fresh ideas, to spend 5 days a week on the training pitch and to have no involvement in anything outside the first team. I would rather we went with a foreign manager to be honest. As another poster said previously, no manager with ties to Hearts, ie Pressley, Robbo, McCann etc are good enough.

4 hours ago, braveheart said:

Does his pension pot need topped up?the guy has already taken huge amounts of compensation from our club without giving him anymore.we need fresh ideas. 

Are you referring to JJ????

If so what “huge amounts of compensation” did he get????? 

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

The emphasis on Clare in some posts is a bit OTT I think. I've never seen any evidence that he's not an honest pro doing his best. He's been messed about more than most in his playing positions and the fact that he's had to keep playing due to injuries to others when he should have been rested. How old is he, 22? He is still years away from his best and has been mishandled like many other players.  

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The emphasis on Clare in some posts is a bit OTT I think. I've never seen any evidence that he's not an honest pro doing his best. He's been messed about more than most in his playing positions and the fact that he's had to keep playing due to injuries to others when he should have been rested. How old is he, 22? He is still years away from his best and has been mishandled like many other players.  

Unfortunately Clare has become a bit of a figurehead of Levein’s ineptitude!

Clare shouldn’t have been “rested” he should have been dropped - there were other fit options but Levein’s bloody mindedness meant Clare was first on his team sheet! 

His performance on Saturday was a shocker but if Levein is still in the dugout at ER Clare will be in the team!!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Honestly, if a new man in his first 3 games got beat of hibs and then emptied by Aberdeen in the lc at home certain folk would be howling. 

Robbie got it tight for similar and he was a Hearts player of ten years and had a 1st and a 3rd place behind him. 

Hibs beating us and a European defeat is all it taken for the moon howlers to turn on him. 

A new man would be on his arse if he lost the two games in his first 3.

Players are written off and hounded in far less time than 3 games by some! 

Ofc, if a new man came in and won these games we'd be pure dancin, which is funny as if CL does that he's still done. 

Looks like CL is getting the hibs game anyway. 

Nonsense.

Followed by pish.

Summed up with shite.

As if Levein is being hard done by is the stuff of an absolute away with it.

I'm sorry but cannot find a more apt descriptive reply to you trying to constantly paint the support as being responsible for 3 WINS OUT OF 33.

Edited by jake

Claims that the Hearts support are morons from a guy who wanted hibs to lift the Scottish cup is I suppose to be expected.

Utter pish that's repeated daily by the same guy who feels Levein is being hard done by .

I know which type of supporter I'd like to see at Tynecastle.

7 minutes ago, jake said:

Claims that the Hearts support are morons from a guy who wanted hibs to lift the Scottish cup is I suppose to be expected.

Utter pish that's repeated daily by the same guy who feels Levein is being hard done by .

Exactly Jake

14 minutes ago, jake said:

Nonsense.

Followed by pish.

Summed up with shite.

I'm sorry but cannot find a more apt descriptive reply to you trying to constantly paint the support as being responsible for 3 WINS OUT OF 33.

Summed up perfectly!

On 14/09/2019 at 21:18, upgotheheads said:

It's maybe clutching at Straws but I wouldn't be unhappy to see JJ and Bill Brown back on a short term contract to steady the ship until someone like Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson or even Robbo  becomes available.

Please no their time has come and gone. Between the 2 Gary's Naismith, Lockie & Kirky they can handle the team until the new management are in place. And remember we have Naisy sitting about who could lend a wee hand.

We need somebody at the top who knows the Club, & has the respect of the fans. 

We have to find someone with pride and passion -& hates the Hibs. :D

3 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

I'm not actually sure what JJ does in his 'Sporting Director' role at City. Recruitment, overseeing youth development, scouting et al, is all the job of the Gaffer, James McDonaugh (indeed, that was why he received a lengthy contract extension).

Jefferies has been on record that after City, he'll retire.

JJ would be back at Tynecastle in a shot to help us out as interim DoF!

Loves Hearts! ❤️

Edited by Thomaso

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

JJ as DoF and Robbo as manager. That'll do me. 

Now you’re talking!

:jj: :sadrobbo:   :pleasing:

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

JJ would be back at Tynecastle in a shot to help out us interim DoF!

Loves Hearts! ❤️

loving the club is hardly a guarantee now is it? Levein loves the club as well. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, jake said:

Nonsense.

Followed by pish.

Summed up with shite.

I, in no way said that our support was to blame for 3 wins in 33.

You just made that up. 

Cool story tho. 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

loving the club is hardly a guarantee now is it? Levein loves the club as well. 

Levein loves Levein more than he loves Hearts! 😏

On 14/09/2019 at 21:19, DarioHMFC said:

Nah, sorry. We need to go and get Robbo. None of this short term fix nonsense. 

Why.   Other than being a former player, what has he done as a manager that makes him desirable?

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Levein loves Levein more than he loves Hearts! 😏

Possibly so but his love of the club is not in doubt. Which of course is one of the reasons this situation is so frustrating. 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, jake said:

I never called anyone morons either you absolute bull shitter. 

I  also never said Levein was hard done by either, where have I every said that. 

I have actually said the opposite. 

You literally read a post, then just add things on to argue. 

If a new manager, taken over yesterday and got beat of hibs and Aberdeen folk would be screaming all ready, saying it was the wrong change, Ann should go, nothing has changed etc. 

I do not doubt it for a moment, folk would say that. 

**** up about hibs as well, nothing to do with hibs and I make no appoligies for having bitter dislike for rangers so go and do one that or pm me. 

If you are going to reply to my posts, try to read what I say and debate that or simply ignore me you bore. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

On 14/09/2019 at 21:41, Smack said:

I wouldn't say no, especially if he could find someone who has been places and done things to join him. 

Its not the same withoot a Billy Broom to inspire the squad, when their strugglin........  :)

14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Possibly so but his love of the club is not in doubt. Which of course is one of the reasons this situation is so frustrating. 

The fact that Levein has not already stepped down confirms my belief that he loves himself more than he loves Hearts!

• cosanostra locked this topic