What's Jim Jefferies doing just now?

upgotheheads

It's maybe clutching at Straws but I wouldn't be unhappy to see JJ and Bill Brown back on a short term contract to steady the ship until someone like Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson or even Robbo  becomes available.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• Haringshairband

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

Nah, sorry. We need to go and get Robbo. None of this short term fix nonsense. 

What's his contract situation?

Just now, upgotheheads said:

What's his contract situation?

I don’t know the length of his contract but I can’t see compensation being a massive issue. 

Just now, been here before said:

Enjoying his time as Director of Football at Edinburgh City.

They wom 4-0 v Annan today.

I'll bet he still knows what's going on behind the scenes at Hearts.

Last time we hired JJ, he went on a run of 15 games unbeaten then started losing and was hounded out the door as a "dinosaur" and "yesterday's man"

Levein is in the exact same position now.

Just now, Smack said:

I wouldn't say no, especially if he could find someone who has been places and done things to join him. 

Billy boy?

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Can we maybe get someone new in? This place is obsessed with ex managers and players. 

Short term place holder. JJ might be up for it. 

3 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Billy boy?

Well aye, obviously 😁

Who else has been places and done things? 

Edited by Smack

24 minutes ago, Cade said:

Last time we hired JJ, he went on a run of 15 games unbeaten then started losing and was hounded out the door as a "dinosaur" and "yesterday's man"

True. Unfairly hounded out.

We did switch off in the last dozen games in the 10-11 season but before then had opened up a near 20 point gap in 3rd spot. 

How we’d take that now. 

6 minutes ago, Smack said:

Short term place holder. JJ might be up for it. 

Doubt JJ would do it now.  (Which is obvious). 

Had two great spells which we’ll always remember and he’ll settle for that too.  

Edited by Debut 4

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Had and two great spells which we’ll always remember. 

He's a PHM and one of those who maybe just couldn't say no in our hour of need. Probably just wishful thinking. Even if it's just until the new year. 

On 14/09/2019 at 21:23, Cade said:

JJ was hounded out by Vlad not the fans!

By the way JJ is a winner who likes to play attacking football.

Levein on the other hand.......

On 14/09/2019 at 21:51, Debut 4 said:

Had two great spells which we’ll always remember and he’ll settle for that too.  

Jim would come back in a nano second to fill the void until the end of the season.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 14/09/2019 at 22:21, been here before said:

Enjoying his time as Director of Football at Edinburgh City.

They wom 4-0 v Annan today.

Much more of a hearts legend and let’s not pretend leveins managerial cv contends with big jeff either because it doesn’t. 

There’s that glaring big hole in leveins cv of having never won feck all......

As a caretaker, I'd be happy.  Would be fascinating to see how well we would go.  Have to say though that if he pretty much had the full squad to pick from, it would make an unfair comparison with levein who hasn't had that luxury for a very long time now.

1 hour ago, Marooon! said:

First draw and folk will want him binned and he knows this. 

Not imo if he was in a caretaker capacity.  We'd just hope for a good permanent appointment asap.

Guest ToqueJambo

Would be the perfect caretaker until the end of the season at the latest. Everything always seems right with the world when JJ is in the dugout. I remember the relief I felt when Romanov finally appointed him and it's no coincidence that we won something and reached another final shortly afterwards even if he wasn't there anymore.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would be the perfect caretaker until the end of the season at the latest. Everything always seems right with the world when JJ is in the dugout. I remember the relief I felt when Romanov finally appointed him and it's no coincidence that we won something and reached another final shortly afterwards even if he wasn't there anymore.

This.  He built most of the crucial pieces of the squad that Paulo won the cup with (including bringing Rudi back).

Does his pension pot need topped up?the guy has already taken huge amounts of compensation from our club without giving him anymore.we need fresh ideas. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Would happily get him in as a potential temporary Director of Football to help Ann with her unease about replacing Levein, recruit a new manager and possible long term DoF (DoF being more of a back seat admin job, contracts etc) 

I think he is probably a bit over the hill to deal with coaching the modern players with all their social media depression and statistical shite etc. Austin would probably give him some tactical chat and show him an iPad with some analysis, JJ would punt him on the first ferry to Belfast within 10 minutes. You never know though, could be that’s what’s needed. 

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

JJ as DoF and Robbo as manager. That'll do me. 

At least they are legends and PHM not like Levein.

Said for a long time that JJ should've been given the DoF roll when Budge came in. Guaranteed we would not've signed the amount of players we have done and no stupid long term contracts. He would sign the right coach for the team. On the current situation....I'd let Gary Locke take over with Gary Naysmith in as his assistant, maybe Steven Naismith on board in some capacity. Watched the Si Ferry interview with G Naysmith last night, reckon he'd jump at the chance.

Bazzas right boot

Any new man should be in place after hibs, even maybe Aberdeen. 

Not to give CL more time ( although it does this) it's to protect the new manager, if in his first few games he lost to hibs and then Aberdeen put us out the cup we'd literally be back to certain  fans screaming that there is no way back for him and for him to gtf. 

37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

JJ as DoF and Robbo as manager. That'll do me. 

There is an attractive look to that pairing.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not to give CL more time ( although it does this) it's to protect the new manager, if in his first few games he lost to hibs and then Aberdeen put us out the cup we'd literally be back to certain  fans screaming that there is no way back for him and for him to gtf. 

Poor try at trolling.

You’re still giving him more time.

I would like the DOF to be someone who understands the modern game and has progressive ideas. Much as I love JJ I don't think he does. I'd certainly have him in till the end of the season if CL left completely with players he knows and trusts in the managers role. Coouldn't be any feckin worse than it is.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Poor try at trolling.

You’re still giving him more time.

Nah, I could just I imagine  the reaction, if that in the first few games in charge the new guy got beat of hibs and emptied in the lc. 

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Protect the new manager 

:rofl:

you talk some guff. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

He’s probably looking in as worried as we are just now

You’re probably right.

I like JJ but selective memory at its best on show.

Similarities with CL: Left under a cloud and took players with him, got grubbed away from home (Motherwell 6-0?), nearly got us relegated with an expensive squad (maybe CL will get his chance).

Second stint both had a good run curtailed by injuries leading to massive anti climax.

If only CL had won the cup.

We had a great season under JJ but it wasn’t all wine and roses.

• cosanostra locked this topic