Every area - First team

Paris 84

Every single department in today’s first team was a ****in shambles. We had an incompetent defence (& goalie, whoever he chooses). We had a passive pishpoor midfield, with no creativity at all and a ridiculously inept, toothless front two.  

He he worked with the defence for two weeks and started Jamie Brandon and Christophe Berra,  seriously? 

In midfield, only Whelan would get pass marks today. 

Up front........... holy ****. Steven MacLean started before Maschino!! Let that sink in for a second or two. He started MacLean before Mashino!! One of them wants to go forward with the ball and the other plays going backwards. WTF?

48 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Every single department in today’s first team was a ****in shambles. We had an incompetent defence (& goalie, whoever he chooses). We had a passive pishpoor midfield, with no creativity at all and a ridiculously inept, toothless front two.  

He he worked with the defence for two weeks and started Jamie Brandon and Christophe Berra,  seriously? 

Up front........... holy ****. Steven MacLean started before Maschino!! Let that sink in for a second or two. He started MacLean before Mashino!! One of them wants to go forward with the ball and the other plays going backwards. WTF?

I know Maclean before a million pound promising youngster signed by probably the best team on the planet 

Brandon has not had a good game for about 2 years.  Irvine not good enough for a top 4 club.  As for McLean, he won a watch when we signed him.

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I know Maclean before a million pound promising youngster signed by probably the best team on the planet 

It does seem rather strange.

52 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Think you are too generous on Whelan. With his experience, he should have been bossing the game. Instead he made tidy passes (mostly sideways) and didn't help teammates like Irving. VERY average with Damour showing much more motivation. Disappointed in Whelan.

5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Think you are too generous on Whelan. With his experience, he should have been bossing the game. Instead he made tidy passes (mostly sideways) and didn't help teammates like Irving. VERY average with Damour showing much more motivation. Disappointed in Whelan.

Seemed to be playing between our centre backs at times today. Takes the easy option far too often. Disappointing so far.

2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Both Irving and Whelan will likely be falling down the pecking order when The Austrian is back to health.

Clare too will hopefully find less time to go around with a fit Naismith and Meshino coming into his own.

9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Both Irving and Whelan will likely be falling down the pecking order when The Austrian is back to health.

Clare too will hopefully find less time to go around with a fit Naismith and Meshino coming into his own.

Clare starts every week. It’s in his contract. 

1 hour ago, Paris 84 said:

The super computer said McLean playing would expose..........still waiting. 

MacLean.If Craig wants an old man to jog about, not win balls in the air and flap his arms about for however long he is on the pitch I'll do it for nothing. Brought absolutely nothing to the team and, without Naismith never does. Like a man short.

letsmakesomenoise
4 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Clare starts every week. It’s in his contract. 

I think he has ”photies”!  Why else would you stick him at right back when we have an international right back on the bench.  If Smith wasnt fit enough to play, he shouldn't have been on the bench.  Clare then gives away the third goal with his first touch .... or lack of.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Paris 84 said:

I thought whelan was mediocre today.

Far too many backward passes even when under no pressure.

SomethingAboutObua

Harsh on Doyle imo

Can understand Berra having to play with injuries we have but Jamie Brandon is god awful. How Dikamona can’t get in ahead of him is unreal. 

Halkett wasn’t good today but he’s our best signing this season and Hickey has definitely been overplayed, needs taken out the team.

Agree Whelan should be bossing that game, Irving was so poor and I can’t see why he started ahead of Damour after he came on. Mulraney tried and is our best player so far imo. 

Why did he play Sean Clare on the wing where the Japanese guy plays, and play Steven McLean in the middle where Clare plays...? Totally clueless about his own players. 

Uche needs to play as a winger or with a partner, he’s not a good enough lone striker 

punt McLean and Brandon ASAP 

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

Howdy Doody Jambo

It's not just CL to blame though, from the coaching team , fitness coach etc and player's not taking responsibility for themselves are all part of this shambles in the last year almost

it's been brewing for a long time now 

Bottom of the league, the table doesn't lie 

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I thought whelan was mediocre today.

Far too many backward passes even when under no pressure.

I disagree.

I don't think he was as good as that

3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Bit harsh on Doyle he won two one on ones. 

I probably didn’t articulate what I meant well enough. I just meant given the choice, he’d be (for me) third pick of our three goalies. Today was probably as good as he’s played for us. However, after two years in charge, Colin Doyle shouldn’t be starting for a club of our size. Shambles.