Boycott Required

kingantti1874

No. My Saturday afternoon following Hearts will always be more important to me than any manager or owner. Was the same in the past, the same now and will be the same in the future.

Jamhammer, if supporters going to football matches are ever considered to be ‘part of the problem’ then it’s probably time for us all just to shut the doors. You should never feel the need to justify wanting to follow your team.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Notts1874

• i8hibsh

14 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Boycott and encircle stadium to stop people getting in. An empty stadium is the ultimate statement.

Try that and you will be 'boycotting ' all games in the future.

How do you intend to enforce this wizard idea ?

The current situation has frazzled some people's brains.

Toxteth O'Grady

People at the game yesterday were either sitting in silence or having a blether about stuff unrelated to football. Some guys around me talked about playing golf at Villamoura for the entire first half. They weren’t paying a blind bit of notice to the football.  That’s how bad things have got. Apathy has set in. 

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Will any of the said posters who’ve cancelled their FOH DD’s,  back date any missed payments when CL finally goes? Or do you just start up again with a clean slate? Would be nice hear a statement from FOH to reveal how much we are actually losing per month due to poor performance related cancellations.

Not sure of the instant impact people think cancelling their dd might have.  Whilst you get a “there I’ve done it now” feeling when you hit the cancel button, the reality is that the recipient won’t notice this has been cancelled until the bank fail to pay up (from your account) when it’s due.  This could run out over a whole month depending on when you payment is due before the full impact is felt/noticed by the club.

I should not expect a red flashing light or alarm bell to be sounding at Tynecastle on Monday but, on saying that, I fully support each and every individual choice people make for whatever reasons to cancel their dd.  

I cancelled my dd a year ago for other reasons but, I still feel I made a significant contribution ( 1.5k), so I still feel I have a voice on this issue, current payee or not. 

Leveins Battalion

This season reminds me of the season start pre Jim Jefferies,we are in desperate need of a fresh start with a manager who we can have a relationship with.

I’d not boycott a game, what else is there to do apart from shopping with the Mrs, but the likes of a boycott of the programme / catering / club merchandise is something that would maybe be a possible good idea.

not everyone would be on board but publicised properly and it could be quite successful.

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’d not boycott a game, what else is there to do apart from shopping with the Mrs, but the likes of a boycott of the programme / catering / club merchandise is something that would maybe be a possible good idea.

not everyone would be on board but publicised properly and it could be quite successful.

Shopping with the mrs actually sounds quite appealing at the moment.

I'll still turn up every week and I've pledged for life with FOH.

Maybe we should boycott the food outlets, the fans bar and hospitality.

11 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not sure of the instant impact people think cancelling their dd might have.  Whilst you get a “there I’ve done it now” feeling when you hit the cancel button, the reality is that the recipient won’t notice this has been cancelled until the bank fail to pay up (from your account) when it’s due.  This could run out over a whole month depending on when you payment is due before the full impact is felt/noticed by the club.

I should not expect a red flashing light or alarm bell to be sounding at Tynecastle on Monday but, on saying that, I fully support each and every individual choice people make for whatever reasons to cancel their dd.  

I cancelled my dd a year ago for other reasons but, I still feel I made a significant contribution ( 1.5k), so I still feel I have a voice on this issue, current payee or not. 

Totally agree with you hj3. It’s a personal thing and the club should be grateful for any donations given. Personally I pump into the club between 15-20 thousand every year under various different forms , but I’m in a privileged  position to do this. Stopping my DD is not up for debate.

If the majority decide that CL has to go and it takes cancelled FOH subscriptions, then the sooner the chairwoman acts then the better all round it will be. As a business woman then seeing the figures slide toward the red will only be redressed by decent cup runs.

I wouldn’t expect any statement till after the cup visit my Aberdeen. A semi final at hampden will see her justification in keeping her buddy at the helm! 

Brauhauser2012
18 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I've just restarted mine. My thinking is now to accelerate the fan ownership of the club to save it from further mismanagement.

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Boycott and encircle stadium to stop people getting in. An empty stadium is the ultimate statement.

That would be interesting. 🙄

13 hours ago, RobNox said:

Cancelling FOH payments is not going to help, the whole point of FOH is to take control of the club.  If anything, we should increase payments to obtain control quicker.

If we want to use FOH to get the message across, then we should be contacting FOH to raise our concerns and ensure that the FOH rep on the Board is properly representing the views of the members.  

This 100 percent, boys cancelling FoH direct debits then giving hibs £30 plus for a derby ticket,  madness.

38 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

This 100 percent, boys cancelling FoH direct debits then giving hibs £30 plus for a derby ticket,  madness.

FOH subscriptions are now going directly into Ann Budge’s pocket in return for the controlling shareholding. By suspending payments , we are delaying her getting that cash. I get that is delaying the FOH taking control, but Budge has said that she is staying on anyway, so only by delaying her cash payout will she think about the impact of not sacking Levein. I am cancelling my £51 per month, and will re-instate as soon as he is gone. Keep supporting the team - no boycotts.

queensferryjambo
15 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Thats working a treat 

Us Voicing your opinion inside Tynecastle that is 

I am not even sure what you mean.

I have paid for my season ticket. If I don't use it Hearts still get the money so no skin of their noses. An empty seat is hardly as effective as fans voicing their opinion inside the stadium. 

The media absolutely pay attention to the fans booing inside the ground and chanting for Levein to leave.

Do you think a smattering of empty seats would highlight the fans cause more?

Do you think the people protesting outside will be there on match days if they don't also attend the game?

FOH scared to step on  Budges feet .

THe only way she has to or will do something is when it starts to hit her and our club in the pocket. Sad to say that, but 8,000 punters are paying money every month into the club. Who the feck does Levin think he is if  he thinks he can just treat us with utter contempt and disrespect. He is embarrassing himself and making a mockery of us the more he refuses to just feck off and Daily and Fox and that unforgotten incompetent scouting farce that is John Murray.     

Edited by maroonlegions

Francis Albert

I don't think dwindling attendances will do the trick. The ST money  is pocketed and a full Roseburn for the OF will top that up.

What might make a difference is dwindling hospitality sales. The focus of the club seems to be more on non-football activities and the new stand was built with hospitality revenue very much in mind. There are some signs of the beginning of panic in the increasing frequency of plugs for hospitality - pretty much the only communication I get from the club. The sales pitch is interesting - barely a mention that watching a football match features. The Executive Club seems to be about "networking". Yes what we have become... a place for businessmen to "network". The only mention of the football is that the seats are next to the Directors seats ... another "networking opportunity"? Nothing about the best view of the action and enjoying the vibrant atmosphere in one of the most atmospheric grounds and so on. Understandable I suppose - the Trades Description Act applies after all.

Edited by Francis Albert

During the Robinson protests we had the balloon protest where if I remember correctly 6000 balloons with get this balloon out of here and a photo of Robinson on them ,bought by the fans and released during the match ,maybe something like this would work 

Maybe we could just turn back on the game for 2 minutes at a designated point, wouldn’t hurt the club, would get the message across and let’s face it.. we won’t miss anything exciting.. 

10 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

No. My Saturday afternoon following Hearts will always be more important to me than any manager or owner. Was the same in the past, the same now and will be the same in the future.

Jamhammer, if supporters going to football matches are ever considered to be ‘part of the problem’ then it’s probably time for us all just to shut the doors. You should never feel the need to justify wanting to follow your team.

This is the voice of reason exemplified. There ain't much of it about at present.

On 14/09/2019 at 19:14, jockmac said:

It would certainly get maximum media exposure if this happened at the next game. If no tennis balls available, then CLEAN toilet rolls will do 😂

Budge would use her new super duper cctv system to single out all the fans who dared to participate in throwing the toilet rolls and ban them for life from Tynecastle.

Come to think of it that might not be a bad thing given the crap we are having to warch under Levein and his muppets.

Edited by wavydavy

15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Maybe we could just turn back on the game for 2 minutes at a designated point, wouldn’t hurt the club, would get the message across and let’s face it.. we won’t miss anything exciting.. 

All for something along these lines. Shows we’re unhappy but doesn’t really hurt the team/club.

Although if those in charge don’t already know that the vocal minority wanting CL gone is now the vast majority of Hearts supporters I don’t know if this would have any impact on them

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

All for something along these lines. Shows we’re unhappy but doesn’t really hurt the team/club.

Although if those in charge don’t already know that the vocal minority wanting CL gone is now the vast majority of Hearts supporters I don’t know if this would have any impact on them

Come in to the game 5 or 10 mins late.

On 14/09/2019 at 18:36, DMR123 said:

Seriously thinking about cancelling my £51 per month paid to the Foundation and only re-instating when Levein is sacked.

Hope that will happen soon anyway to avoid me having to do that. Budge has two  weeks before next instalment due.

You always find that those who quote how much they donate actually lie.

The folk who want budge out and screaming for a boycott are the same scummy lot that are banned from games or have been moved from those arsehole sections.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

The folk who want budge out and screaming for a boycott are the same scummy lot that are banned from games or have been moved from those arsehole sections.

Wind your neck in ffs!!

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Wind your neck in ffs!!

LOL - ahhhhh ok, so if you don't like what somebody says they've to wind it in??

Worth repeating then:

"The folk who want budge out and screaming for a boycott are the same scummy lot that are banned from games or have been moved from those arsehole sections"

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

LOL - ahhhhh ok, so if you don't like what somebody says they've to wind it in??

Worth repeating then:

"The folk who want budge out and screaming for a boycott are the same scummy lot that are banned from games or have been moved from those arsehole sections"

You’ve went on about scummy fans all morning.

were some fans that were there acting like arseholes? Yes undoubtedly 

majority were fans who have just had enough and felt they needed to do something even if you don’t agree with it.

they are not all scum.

9 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Worth repeating then:

Were you on the Plaza ?

Just now, Boab said:

Were you on the Plaza ?

4 of us walked round, but the pushing of the stewards was arsehole behaviour then Hello Hello was more than enough.

Just now, Armageddon said:

4 of us walked round, but the pushing of the stewards was arsehole behaviour then Hello Hello was more than enough.

Always going to get a few bams. Not all though. The fact there even was one is worrying. As said on any protest thread, people will protest in different ways. That should be a concern for AB. A big one !

The support need action, not words. That’s why I am not waiting for a statement like others. Act, don’t talk.

Shooter McGavin
30 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

No they are not, they are people who are not content with winning 3 out of our last 20 league games, considering how much money we’re pouring in to the club. 

Continuing to pay my FoH direct debit -but won't be back until we have a change of manager. 

It's not just the results (which are horrific!), the performances are of a lower league team, which is what we'll be if Budge doesn't act soon. 

Breaks my heart to miss games, but I cannot support Levein. 

Boycotts never take off and for good reason, Hearts are bigger than any one manager/player/owner. Even during Robinson and Romanov our fans still turned up. 

Best idea I could think of is lobbing something non-damaging onto the pitch at kick off so play has to be stopped but it's not dangerous or going to damage the pitch. Toilet paper, balloons, tennis balls etc would all work and people could bring their own so doesn't need any organisation.

Apart from that a mass protest before kick off at the plaza to stop people getting in/out of the main stand may send the message.

The protest has been done, it made national news. The club know supporters aren't happy.

It's not the first time I've seen scenes like these, in fact I thought our effort was pathetic,  but the point was to get over a message, job done.

If I felt the way it seems for some supporters, I would stop going, no point in upsetting and putting other supporters off, just stay away and come back when we start winning again and you have the stomach for it.

A boycott should be encouraged to give some supporters the courage they need to stay away. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

The pressure should be put on FoH. Make it clear to them that fans have had enough and that changes must be made and in turn they need to say they will raise the manager's position at board level.

If they are outvoted then we know who is accountable.

On 15/09/2019 at 09:38, Nookie Bear said:

We boycotted it. 

:P

😂😂😂

On 15/09/2019 at 09:40, Seymour M Hersh said:

Understandable but I want to join the protest about it where is it meeting? 

😂😂😂

On 15/09/2019 at 07:19, i8hibsh said:

She is a 71 year old lady so I would never be nasty to her in person. I just simply do not like women....

Ftfy

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The pressure should be put on FoH. Make it clear to them that fans have had enough and that changes must be made and in turn they need to say they will raise the manager's position at board level.

If they are outvoted then we know who is accountable.

FoH board members will know and i’m sure they have raised concerns , to be honest i don’t see why we need to have this confirmed with statements or comments from them. The club monitor social media , here etc and even when you take out the posts with the pathetic personal comments there would still be a large number of posts on them raising concerns. People act as though the board , AB etc sit in a windowless , internet free room and never leave. 

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What about a silent protest.

No one clap / cheer or shout anything - for the whole game,.   Even if we score

In that case, we’ve been having a silent protest for the best part of 5 years.

I know it's a big ask but imagine an empty away end at Easter Road.  That would be huge.  If we boycott this match it make a huge statement.    

10 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I know it's a big ask but imagine an empty away end at Easter Road.  That would be huge.  If we boycott this match it make a huge statement.    

Good idea