Happy Clapper says ‘That’s It’

FWJ

siegementality
On 14/09/2019 at 22:11, Smith's right boot said:

It's not defeaning. 

People are on days off. 

Hr, media team, comms, etc. 

Stop being a drama. 

If there was going to be action, other than CL resigning on his own accord nothing will come out on a sat night. 

Not everyone on the Hearts PR team were on days off, you were on here after all 😉

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• S Form

• FWJ

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, EH11 said:

There is no light for me. 

It's a sad day when a Hearts legend will likely end up losing his job.  You've been vocal that you didn't want CL since the day dot, driven by a personal agenda because he was rude to you once!  You riddle the boards with the same tedious, one dimensional criticism of the guy and then revel in his and the clubs misery ala Michael Stewart.  That kind of mindset makes a man ill.  

As for the patronising 'glad you have finally seen the light' chat, do me a favour.   You seem like the kind of person that needs to feel that you are always right. You were right, you can say that to yourself repeatedly as you fall asleep tonight, when you wake up in the morning and when Levein lose his job.  What a wonderful feeling. 

Oh dear what a ramble!!

Rude to me once?? Don’t talk absolute pish!  My  primary gripe with Levein has always been his negative outlook on football and the eye bleeding shit he invariably produces - the fact that I (and many others) find him an arrogant tosser is secondary!

And your “patronising” accusation is a bit rich going by your final comments.

It gives me no pleasure at all to find my team at the bottom of the league however you are right about one thing - I will be delighted when we finally get a change of Manager!

36 minutes ago, EH11 said:

There is no light for me. 

It's a sad day when a Hearts legend will likely end up losing his job.  You've been vocal that you didn't want CL since the day dot, driven by a personal agenda because he was rude to you once!  You riddle the boards with the same tedious, one dimensional criticism of the guy and then revel in his and the clubs misery ala Michael Stewart.  That kind of mindset makes a man ill.  

As for the patronising 'glad you have finally seen the light' chat, do me a favour.   You seem like the kind of person that needs to feel that you are always right. You were right, you can say that to yourself repeatedly as you fall asleep tonight, when you wake up in the morning and when Levein lose his job.  What a wonderful feeling. 

Spot on. 

It’s not a game, no winners here. It’s never been about sides for me. 

I didn’t want Levein as manager and wanted Levein out last season because it was an eyebleeding disaster at times, but I said i’d give him 5 league games and that he had to turn things around quickly. That was my threshold. Everyone was different. 

Reasons why,

1) He was going to be the manager. There’s absolutely no point in wanting rid off a manager before the season has begun, especially if he is 100% safe. It undermines the club.

2) He’d signed a lot of good players. Players that are more than capable of reaching our expectations.

3) I held out hope from his experience and his previous record as manager that he’d turn it around. 

He hasn’t done the business as Manager so he should absolutely go. That’s football. I’m not going to slag him off and I certainly don’t hate him. I feel his hearts in the right place but it’s over and he needs to walk.

Interesting thread - and an excellent OP.

Of course it shouldn't be about anyone saying "I told you so". What's happening at Hearts right now isn't good for Hearts in any way. I just can't help but note how many of those coming out with the "don't you dare give it the 'I told you sos'" themselves took sides until literally the last week or so against anyone who wanted Levein out.

If "I told you so" is pathetic, so was the never-ending abuse many, many posters received for calling it correctly on Levein (and I don't mean me here: I'm a flip-flopper). This isn't some sudden slump after a period of success. One 10-game spell aside, Levein has failed completely ever since taking the job. So why were so many abused for highlighting his negative approach and terrible results?

How difficult is it to accept that every single Hearts fan on this forum wants Hearts to be successful? Why is it that if someone doesn't see things the same way, they're instantly told they "have an agenda", or they're a Hibs fan, or whatever? What I find most remarkable is how some posters, who were so quick to stick the boot into others and played the man, not the ball, for so long, clearly haven't reflected on their behaviour in any way whatever. Having spent 2 years shutting down dissent, their new mission is apparently is to shut down people for the crime of being right. Like all bullies, in other words, they're cowards.

5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Interesting thread - and an excellent OP.

Of course it shouldn't be about anyone saying "I told you so". What's happening at Hearts right now isn't good for Hearts in any way. I just can't help but note how many of those coming out with the "don't you dare give it the 'I told you sos'" themselves took sides until literally the last week or so against anyone who wanted Levein out.

If "I told you so" is pathetic, so was the never-ending abuse many, many posters received for calling it correctly on Levein (and I don't mean me here: I'm a flip-flopper). This isn't some sudden slump after a period of success. One 10-game spell aside, Levein has failed completely ever since taking the job. So why were so many abused for highlighting his negative approach and terrible results?

How difficult is it to accept that every single Hearts fan on this forum wants Hearts to be successful? Why is it that if someone doesn't see things the same way, they're instantly told they "have an agenda", or they're a Hibs fan, or whatever? What I find most remarkable is how some posters, who were so quick to stick the boot into others and played the man, not the ball, for so long, clearly haven't reflected on their behaviour in any way whatever. Having spent 2 years shutting down dissent, their new mission is apparently is to shut down people for the crime of being right. Like all bullies, in other words, they're cowards.

Great post Shaun! 👍

siegementality
8 hours ago, Whatever said:

Names mentioned give him the fear.

Things apparently could get worse.

This gives me the “the fear”:

LWWDLDLWLLLDLLLLDLDL

8 hours ago, Whatever said:

Names mentioned give him the fear.

Things apparently could get worse.

Its got to the stage where picking randoms from the Hearts support wouldn't do a worse job than Levein.

Whilst I don't want Robinson as Hearts manager I do want a manager who will recruit players,  field a team and employ tactics that, when 3-2 up away from home will go for a fourth goal to kill the game. They came to win on Saturday. The days of teams coming here to sit in are gone. No-one is afraid of this team.

A_A wehatethehibs

I cannot fathom putting Clare at right back. His football instincts have absolutely gone. That’s the last player in the team I’d put at right back if forced. Even Uche would’ve been a better shout there.

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

I gave him the summer to fix the balance in the team and resolve our key positional problems but he made fundamental errors and built his team around players who weren't getting a lot of game time or had injury problems:

• Re-signed Jamie Walker who had a lot of injury problems at Wigan.
  • Bust the budget to sign Steven Naismith who was out most of last season injured and is currently out injured again.
  • Signed Aidy White last season who still isn't fit and its questionable if he will get a game ahead of Hickey.
  • Signed Connor Washington whose goalscoring record wasn't great at Sheffield Utd and wasn't getting much game time.
  • Failed to solve the goalkeeper problem and got a loan for Perreira who is now also injured.
  • Failed to get cover at right back.  Jamie Brandon FFS.
  • Failed to get width.
  • Failed to fix our woeful midfield.

As many will note I gave Levein a lot of time to get things right but the alarm signs were showing in the league cup:

• Lucky not to get beaten of Dundee Utd at home when they changed tactics second half we had no answer.
  • Almost knocked out by Stenhousemuir at Tynie before two late Halkett goals turned it around.
  • Beaten on penalties by East ****ing Fife.

Since the season started the rot has continued:

• Lost to Aberdeen after taking the lead at Pitoddrie.
  • Outplayed by Ross County at home and scraped a 0-0 when we should have lost 0-4 with no shape or tactics in evidence..
  • Outplayed by Hamilton at home with no shape or tactics in evidence.
  • Outplayed by Motherwell at home with no shape or tactics in evidence.  Terrible starting XI and awful use of substitutions.

A decent result away to Motherwell is about the only plus point.

Levein and McPhee have lost the plot since the summer and clearly have no idea how to turn it around.  They have to go now, I'm afraid.

There is no tactics and shape to the team, our keepers are horrendous, the defence is leaking goals, and we aren't creating chances to miss let alone scoring.  Its getting embarassing watching the constant hoof up to Uche or Washington.

Fair post. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Spot on. 

It’s not a game, no winners here. It’s never been about sides for me. 

I didn’t want Levein as manager and wanted Levein out last season because it was an eyebleeding disaster at times, but I said i’d give him 5 league games and that he had to turn things around quickly. That was my threshold. Everyone was different. 

Reasons why,

1) He was going to be the manager. There’s absolutely no point in wanting rid off a manager before the season has begun, especially if he is 100% safe. It undermines the club.

2) He’d signed a lot of good players. Players that are more than capable of reaching our expectations.

3) I held out hope from his experience and his previous record as manager that he’d turn it around. 

He hasn’t done the business as Manager so he should absolutely go. That’s football. I’m not going to slag him off and I certainly don’t hate him. I feel his hearts in the right place but it’s over and he needs to walk.

Yip. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I cannot fathom putting Clare at right back. His football instincts have absolutely gone. That’s the last player in the team I’d put at right back if forced. Even Uche would’ve been a better shout there.

The last player I’d play at Right back is Jamie Brandon tbh. 

A_A wehatethehibs
32 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The last player I’d play at Right back is Jamie Brandon tbh. 

I feel for Brandon, looks like another one on the Levein conveyor belt of not good enough youth players thrown under the bus. Maybe under a good manager he might develop. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I feel for Brandon, looks like another one on the Levein conveyor belt of not good enough youth players thrown under the bus. Maybe under a good manager he might develop. 

I wouldn’t say he’s been thrown under a bus tbf. He’s just not good enough. As others have said, Godinho was better and he wasn’t really good enough either.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Cochrane and McDonald’s development certainly seems to have stalled a bit...

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not really thrown under the bus!!

won the lottery when he got a contract offer.

5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He took Brandon off & stuck another forward on to try & salvage the game but more selfishly his own bacon. Clare is not a RB but could have cleared the ball easily. We’ve seen time & time again Levein playing players in the wrong position & it leads to mistakes every time. Levein’s stubbornness to fall on his own sword is costing us dearly, & any legendary status he may have had is dissolving quickly.