Happy Clapper says ‘That’s It’

FWJ

Hamilton and Ross County results did it for me. I have always been a big fan of Levein but there’s no way that he can recover this. I just hope he goes with a bit of dignity and doesn’t force Budge to sack him.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• S Form

• FWJ

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We should have won every home game. I said i’d give him the first 5 league games and he hasn’t won a game.

Today especially though with the pressure on, the chat about sorting the defence, having beaten them recently and we lose 3 goals at home. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Three,  but 6 would not have flattered them.  Total horse shit.  He's got to go, and quick.

23 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He had to make three subs in the middle third of the game, just to get us back in it. Crazy stuff. 

And none of the players removed was Clare, even crazier!  It also meant we ended up playing with 10 men after Washington was injured, having used all our subs.

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What makes you think he has our best interests at heart?

if he did he’d be away.

Exactly. Craig Levein clearly couldn’t give a toss about the team/club. He only cares for himself.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

And none of the players removed was Clare, even crazier!  It also meant we ended up playing with 10 men after Washington was injured, having used all our subs.

Yep. That was it for me. I can no longer believe that we are following some kind of path out of this. To quote someone on here, it was a bit weird.

Just now, farin said:

His ego won’t let him do this imo.  Defeats to hibs & Aberdeen should force budge to push the button though. 

We keep saying this, “defeats to x, y or z should see the end of him”  

she wont pull the trigger and he won’t walk away.

1 minute ago, zicoinexile said:

Three,  but 6 would not have flattered them.  Total horse shit.  He's got to go, and quick.

That's the even more worrying thing for me, the game could have been over by half time.

The 2 draws against Ross County and Hamilton also flattered us. It's one thing if they had both come to park the bus and were lucky to get away with a point, but both were unlucky not to beat us.

Apparently we're only 6 points off 4th place, so no panic.

Now finding positives being rock bottom of the league. There must be a very big financial reason why he's not falling on his sword?? A lot of pride, stubbornness and arrogance also in the mix.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

What makes you think he has our best interests at heart?

if he did he’d be away.

I don’t know.  Because I’m old.  I remember when he played for us.  I remember his first time around as manager.  

He knows our club.

I’ve not got much more to say.  I don’t know, the guy is a Hearts legend but it’s not working this time.  There’s not many I would trust to put the club in their hands but he’s one, and it’s not happening.

Just disappointed that’s all.  But can’t be bothered with the na-na told ya so folk either.  It’s a sore one and that doesn’t help.

Just now, RobNox said:

That's the even more worrying thing for me, the game could have been over by half time.

The 2 draws against Ross County and Hamilton also flattered us. It's one thing if they had both come to park the bus and were lucky to get away with a point, but both were unlucky not to beat us.

Both actually took the game to us as no team is scared of us now 

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

I don’t know.  Because I’m old.  I remember when he played for us.  I remember his first time around as manager.  

He knows our club.

I’ve not got much more to say.  I don’t know, the guy is a Hearts legend but it’s not working this time.  There’s not many I would trust to put the club in their hands but he’s one, and it’s not happening.

Just disappointed that’s all.  But can’t be bothered with the na-na told ya so folk either.  It’s a sore one and that doesn’t help.

I’m old too and remember his playing days fondly but it’s all history and all he is doing now is showing himself up as being an arrogant arsehole 

1 minute ago, farin said:

I know what you’re saying m8, but if we don’t beat hibs & Aberdeen put us out the cup the floodgates will open & it’ll be 1000’s on the plaza protesting. She’ll simply have to act or they’ll turn on her for not doing something. It’ll be mob rule tbh. 

She’ll just do what she’s done today and put her fingers in her ears and ignore it.

i feel he’s lost the dressing room.

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

He knows our club.

Very overrated as a manager, and that's why he's being found out now. Although he was also found out when in charge of Leicester and Scotland, so I'm really not sure why people couldn't see through the mediocrity and failings. 

I've never ever rated him as a manager, and even found his first stint at Hearts a bit too boring and tedious. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

This is the important thing. 

The change must be for the better. 

The names mentioned on here give me the fear. 

In case you hadn’t noticed,

We’re bottom of the league and now on the worst run of league results in our history.

We haven’t won a league game in nearly half a year.

But aye, let other managers rather than the current incumbent give you ‘the fear’.

16 minutes ago, zicoinexile said:

Indeed, if it weren’t for Doyle and the crossbar. 

I'm out as well, today just sucked the passion out of me, and with a heavy heart I say, Craig you've got to do the right thing, for the club you love, the fans you say you share the disappointment with and for the team, that seems  to have lost confidence in you or your team of coaches, just announce your leaving.

2 minutes ago, farin said:

The penny dropped with her today, I’m sure of it. 

Has to have. For everyone’s sake. Loses to Hibs and it won’t be a protest, it’ll be a lynching. 

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yep. That was it for me. I can no longer believe that we are following some kind of path out of this. To quote someone on here, it was a bit weird.

The Hamilton game was basically the final straw for me, today just reinforced my belief that Levein's time is up.

I think we were about 7 minutes into the game when I said to a mate that this was reminiscent of the Ross County match.  I could see no discernible game plan and players seemed to be making it up as they went along. 

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure Gerrard is doing anything anyone else could do tbh. 

Far too early to tell with Lampard, surely? 

Thing that worries me is the short termism of fans, your examples show this. 

The names mentioned last year, also show this. Most if not all the guys got worse with most being sacked. 

We also have the problem of it's Levein's team with nothing a new guy could change personal wise. 

Imagine he was given the job on Monday and we lost to hibs and Aberdeen? 

He'd be ****ed before he'd started. 

Folk may have ultimately been proven correct over CL, but many of the early calls were by the same posters who wanted Robbie gone, then Cathro gone early. 

It's a pattern that as a club, replacing managers after every bump has not worked. 

Ironically we were probably at our consistent best under Doddie, but we won f all. 

So I don't really know what the answer is. 

David Moyes coming in would be the biggest statement of intent we could ever imagine. 

I'd get on board with that. 

Locke, Mcann, a journey man English manager, Pressley, Hartley, Johnston, Wright etc. 

Honestly, overall are they better than CL? 

Macphee taken over until Jan is probably the the likeliest, imagine that. Many won't like that. 

By not replacing him in the summer and backing him, we are in a bad situation. Very poor one. 

Sacking CL is part 1, but solves nothing. 

The new manager needs to do better.

How will the players act, he still has the players imo (folk will disagree), but they do try, if that's all. They were desperate to get back into the game today. 

Hundreds of examples show that the latter does not always follow the former in terms of replacing the manager. 

I am connected to Rangers loosely, will be for the next season or so, the players love Gerrard. Mark Allen going was Gerrards wish as Allen has signed pretty much 99% of the players. Gerrard has Rangers playing decent football and within a season has them back challenging Celtic, something no other manager for them has done. Yes they have a huge wage bill etc but it’s wrong to just say that’s why they are there. The players are also fit, proper fit. My connection has played in the EPL and says Gerrard demands more from him, fitness and health wise than any coach down south has. Could Gerrard be doing better, of course he could, doesn’t mean he hasn’t done well, IMO. 

Look at Derby without Lampard the now and Lampard, with his hands tied at Chelsea, has Chelsea doing decent. 

I agree about short termism within not just us but the full of Scottish football, it’s a massive problem. People calling for Robbo or Hartley for example, miss the fact that we will just be back to square one in a season or so. 

Id take Moyes as DoF, probably even as manager. Big name, great contacts etc etc. I believe we have the squad and the talent, the club and the atmosphere around it is killing them. Not helped by a manager who after three years still hasn’t a clue what he is actually

trying to do. 

What a sad state of affairs we are in. 

27 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We should have won every home game. I said i’d give him the first 5 league games and he hasn’t won a game.

Today especially though with the pressure on, the chat about sorting the defence, having beaten them recently and we lose 3 goals at home. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

It’s the contemptible attitude towards opponents. 

He needed the points v Hamilton ,mate.

Not today, tomorrow or in 2 weeks. 

He didnt ask players to go beyond themselves even if not 100%. In times of need you require yer key players to go beyond the call. 

The pressure could’ve been off him going into today’s game. He’s lost the plot and a long time ago. 

9 minutes ago, farin said:

The penny dropped with her today, I’m sure of it. 

Sadly there’s no sign of that mate. Silence from Tynecastle is deafening.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Reluctantly and sadly feel the same.

Honestly feel if we ever want to challenge the Glasgow teams we’ll have to do something progressive and different - not just reflexively jump to Tommy Wright, Steven Robinson or whoever else is the current flavour of the month.

Robinson has energy and passion. Not a bad starting point,  but I hear you. 

Looking abroad no baggage would suit me,  and not back the way either 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, S Form said:

Wouldn't happen on a Saturday evening. 

Bound to be a conversation tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wouldn't happen on a Saturday evening. 

Bound to be a conversation tomorrow 

Won’t hold my breath for any action coming out of that conversation.

24 minutes ago, FWJ said:

He knows our club.

This is how I feel 

I still think Craig should be the manager till he gets the chance to play his first choice team.

Naismith, Souter, Haring, Walker, Smith.  All playing together.

And before anybody asks, yes I was there today, and yes it was dire, all I'm saying is we have practically half a team of 'first pick' players unavailable.

I know I'll probably get slaughtered for this post, but 'hey ho' it won't be the first time!

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, S Form said:

It's not defeaning. 

People are on days off. 

Hr, media team, comms, etc. 

Stop being a drama. 

If there was going to be action, other than CL resigning on his own accord nothing will come out on a sat night. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, bairdy said:

I still think Craig should be the manager till he gets the chance to play his first choice team.

And before anybody asks, yes I was there today, and yes it was dire, all I'm saying is we have practically half a team of 'first pick' players unavailable.

I know I'll probably get slaughtered for this post, but 'hey ho' it won't be the first time!

I think it's beyond that now tbh. 

I think we will pick up under CL or another when these players come back, but I think it's too far gone now. 

A win v hibs and Aberdeen could bit that time, but I can see why most have had enough. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, FWJ said:

He knows our club.

Legend my arse.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not defeaning. 

People are on days off. 

Stop being a drama. 

If there was going to be action, other than CL resigning on his own accord nothing will come out on a sat night. 

Tonight he will be sitting down having a lovely evening meal with Ann and giving her a lot of bull shit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, S Form said:

Won’t hold my breath for any action coming out of that conversation.

I will be flabbergasted if there's no decision on Monday. 

Loyalty versus business acumen. 

Business will win. 

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not defeaning. 

People are on days off. 

Stop being a drama. 

Would be a very unusual situation if a football club’s PR team wasn’t available on a Saturday. 

Not being a drama. 

It’s not as if this situation has taken the club by surprise. CL was extremely fortunate to survive after the Hamilton debacle. If Ann Budge has not been prepared to act in the event of today’s witless display it suggests she’s either not great at foreseeing all eventualities or she’s being tardy in taking action. Neither is particularly encouraging.

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, bairdy said:

Not at all a sensible post

I would just love it love it love it if he were to go on a long winning run and beat Hibs next week, he is like a boxer on the canvas, I just can't see him getting back up he's now taking a beating, it's time for the towel to be thrown in before he takes more punishment, Budge won't do it though 

because he is also the director of football only he can make the decision 

McPhee and the coaching staff don't seem to be helping much 

This is almost a calendar year in the making, to me it's basics simple pass and moving, working the spaces but we are just awful to watch and have been for so long 

What do we do at training that makes us worse over a year, it's a scatter gun signing policy, several changes every game although through injury mostly, but our player's pick up more and more injuries, good fit player's don't pick up knocks.Sports science what's that all about? Do we have a fitness coach? 

Something is seriously wrong with the way we train and prepare for games and especially pre-season training

It's got to be a clean sweep for me, I like Craig Levein but he now needs to do the sensible thing and get up off the ropes, go back upstairs and leave with dignity 

siegementality
4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

You’ve been admirable and coherent in your defence of him. We all want the same thing. Today has finally shown to the many that, sadly, Levein isn’t the man. His team selection today was pure defiance and shows where his head is at. 

No he’s not. It’s been people like him that have given Levein the slack to put us firmly in the shite. A new manager will not only have to try to endear a positive mindset into this set of players, they will also have to coach the shite tactics/ negative play out of them.

Too many have allowed this situation to get to this stage with some misguided belief that Levein had the brains and technical nouse to sort this out. He has neither.

40 minutes ago, bairdy said:

The trouble is there’s no guarantee he’ll ever have them all fit at the same time. We need a manager who can work with what he has at hand not one who’s constantly waiting for his dream team to be available.

3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

S’pose a ban’s on the way

If Mods are looking in, for the record I hope you don’t get banned - comment was directed at me but I didn’t take any offence to it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. 

jamboinglasgow

I like Levein, I really want him to turn it around and stick in the face of his detractors. But we have hit the point of no return.

The fact the team has regressed defensively is a big sign something has gone wrong. That is Levein's strongest selling point as manager and something he could rely on. As that is not happening then something needs to change.

The stats are horrific when you look at it, no league wins in 12 games. 7 league wins since end of October 2018. Last time we won by a 2 goal margin in the league was against St Johnstone at the end of January (and only 1 other time since our run ended last season.) Since the start of February we have only had 3 clean sheets in the league.

The final thing is that I dont think we have seen development in the players, except for Mulraney. But to do well we need to get players who we can get pushing up a level, its how we can make money from the players (and probably a big reason we are not selling players.) 

I'm sorry say, that Levein as manager, is no longer for me. 

CL clearly believes that he is bigger than HMFC and no-one is bigger than HMFC. Ann Budge needs to grow a pair and make probably one of the biggest decisions of her working life and either ask him  to resign or pull the plug on him. The worst case scenario should he go is for any one of his coaches to take charge, temporary or otherwise. They all come with too much baggage and are an obvious part of the problem. 

What happens next should he go - who knows? But can it really be any worse than where we are now.?? If he is allowed to stay we become even more of a laughing stock as far as football on the pitch is concerned. AB needs to be reminded that the most important thing for any football fan is results. Ultimately that is the bottom line for any team. CL has been given too much time as it is. I have the feeling when I see his interviews that it would almost be a relief for him to be out of it all. He's starting to look Cathroesque in front of the cameras. Please do him and HMFC a favour Ann and and tell him to go.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, S Form said:

Would be a very unusual situation if a football club’s PR team wasn’t available on a Saturday. 

Not being a drama. 

It’s not as if this situation has taken the club by surprise. CL was extremely fortunate to survive after the Hamilton debacle. If Ann Budge has not been prepared to act in the event of today’s witless display it suggests she’s either not great at foreseeing all eventualities or she’s being tardy in taking action. Neither is particularly encouraging.

If there is action it won't be on a Saturday night mate, simple as. 

Nothing is deafening. 

I gave him the summer to fix the balance in the team and resolve our key positional problems but he made fundamental errors and built his team around players who weren't getting a lot of game time or had injury problems:

• Re-signed Jamie Walker who had a lot of injury problems at Wigan.
  • Bust the budget to sign Steven Naismith who was out most of last season injured and is currently out injured again.
  • Signed Aidy White last season who still isn't fit and its questionable if he will get a game ahead of Hickey.
  • Signed Connor Washington whose goalscoring record wasn't great at Sheffield Utd and wasn't getting much game time.
  • Failed to solve the goalkeeper problem and got a loan for Perreira who is now also injured.
  • Failed to get cover at right back.  Jamie Brandon FFS.
  • Failed to get width.
  • Failed to fix our woeful midfield.

As many will note I gave Levein a lot of time to get things right but the alarm signs were showing in the league cup:

• Lucky not to get beaten of Dundee Utd at home when they changed tactics second half we had no answer.
  • Almost knocked out by Stenhousemuir at Tynie before two late Halkett goals turned it around.
  • Beaten on penalties by East ****ing Fife.

Since the season started the rot has continued:

• Lost to Aberdeen after taking the lead at Pitoddrie.
  • Outplayed by Ross County at home and scraped a 0-0 when we should have lost 0-4 with no shape or tactics in evidence..
  • Outplayed by Hamilton at home with no shape or tactics in evidence.
  • Outplayed by Motherwell at home with no shape or tactics in evidence.  Terrible starting XI and awful use of substitutions.

A decent result away to Motherwell is about the only plus point.

Levein and McPhee have lost the plot since the summer and clearly have no idea how to turn it around.  They have to go now, I'm afraid.

There is no tactics and shape to the team, our keepers are horrendous, the defence is leaking goals, and we aren't creating chances to miss let alone scoring.  Its getting embarassing watching the constant hoof up to Uche or Washington.

Edited by frankblack

scott herbertson

I'm out, too.  Was willing to carry on supporting him until after the Aberdeen game but watching yesterday's game my will to support him drained away. Sadly I think he has lost the dressing room and the fans, and surely soon now the Board. Nothing personal against him - I'm sure he is doing the best he can for the club, but its not working so the club (owner) needs to address the issue quickly

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I gave him the summer to fix the balance in the team and resolve our key positional problems but he made fundamental errors and built his team around players who weren't getting a lot of game time or had injury problems:

• Re-signed Jamie Walker who had a lot of injury problems at Wigan.
  • Bust the budget to sign Steven Naismith who was out most of last season injured and is currently out injured again.
  • Signed Aidy White last season who still isn't fit and its questionable if he will get a game ahead of Hickey.
  • Signed Connor Washington whose goalscoring record wasn't great at Sheffield Utd and wasn't getting much game time.
  • Failed to solve the goalkeeper problem and got a loan for Perreira who is now also injured.
  • Failed to get cover at right back.  Jamie Brandon FFS.
  • Failed to get width.
  • Failed to fix our woeful midfield.

As many will note I gave Levein a lot of time to get things right but the alarm signs were showing in the league cup:

• Lucky not to get beaten of Dundee Utd at home when they changed tactics second half we had no answer.
  • Almost knocked out by Stenhousemuir at Tynie before two late Halkett goals turned it around.
  • Beaten on penalties by East ****ing Fife.

Since the season started the rot has continued:

• Lost to Aberdeen after taking the lead at Pitoddrie.
  • Outplayed by Ross County at home and scraped a 0-0 when we should have lost 0-4 with no shape or tactics in evidence..
  • Outplayed by Hamilton at home with no shape or tactics in evidence.
  • Outplayed by Motherwell at home with no shape or tactics in evidence.  Terrible starting XI and awful use of substitutions.

A decent result away to Motherwell is about the only plus point.

Levein and McPhee have lost the plot since the summer and clearly have no idea how to turn it around.  They have to go now, I'm afraid.

There is no tactics and shape to the team, our keepers are horrendous, the defence is leaking goals, and we aren't creating chances to miss let alone scoring.  Its getting embarassing watching the constant hoof up to Uche or Washington.

Alarming but apparently it’s progress acc to some posters 😆

On 14/09/2019 at 17:30, Cruyff Turn said:

Today was win or bust for me. I could not be any fairer on him tbh. It’s over, he needs to go, his team selection and tactics today were probably the worst this season for a “must win” game. 

Glad you have finally seen the light! 👍

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Glad you have finally seen the light! 👍

There is no light for me. 

It's a sad day when a Hearts legend will likely end up losing his job.  You've been vocal that you didn't want CL since the day dot, driven by a personal agenda because he was rude to you once!  You riddle the boards with the same tedious, one dimensional criticism of the guy and then revel in his and the clubs misery ala Michael Stewart.  That kind of mindset makes a man ill.  

As for the patronising 'glad you have finally seen the light' chat, do me a favour.   You seem like the kind of person that needs to feel that you are always right. You were right, you can say that to yourself repeatedly as you fall asleep tonight, when you wake up in the morning and when Levein lose his job.  What a wonderful feeling. 

siegementality
On 14/09/2019 at 19:57, Smith's right boot said:

This is the important thing. 

The change must be for the better. 

The names mentioned on here give me the fear. 

You come out with some utter shite.