• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• S Form

• FWJ

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was win or bust for me. I could not be any fairer on him tbh. It’s over, he needs to go, his team selection and tactics today were probably the worst this season for a “must win” game. 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Today was win or bust for me. I could not be any fairer on him tbh. It’s over, he needs to go, his team selection and tactics today were probably the worst this season for a “must win” game. 

You’ve been admirable and coherent in your defence of him. We all want the same thing. Today has finally shown to the many that, sadly, Levein isn’t the man. His team selection today was pure defiance and shows where his head is at. 

Reluctantly and sadly feel the same.

Honestly feel if we ever want to challenge the Glasgow teams we’ll have to do something progressive and different - not just reflexively jump to Tommy Wright, Steven Robinson or whoever else is the current flavour of the month.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Exactly the same for me.

Time for change.

Moving Clare to right back just summed him up. Making it up as he goes along, the players not playing for him, they all look miserable. First time I've seen Uche score and not run over to him too.

I think Budge know this is it, he has to go. There's no way back now, he's had the start of the season and things are getting worse.

I was content to give him the summer to rebuild and a half dozen games to prove himself.

Although the signings have been good, the utter cluelessness on show on the field only proves he's lost it as a day to day manager.

Konrad von Carstein

First time in my life that I have left before the 60 minute mark.

Utterly despondent... cannot see how we play our way out of this... Craig has to go now.

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You’ve been admirable and coherent in your defence of him. We all want the same thing. Today has finally shown to the many that, sadly, Levein isn’t the man. His team selection today was pure defiance and shows where his head is at. 

Anyone who has been defending Levein this past year is not in any way admirable, it was so crystal clear where we were heading and it was backwards all the time, the odd result pulled the wool over the easily led eyes. The guy should have jumped in a taxi alongside Cathro.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Look, fair play. You were consistent in your stance.

Think we’ve all had enough.

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Anyone who has been defending Levein this past year is not in any way admirable, it was so crystal clear where we were heading and it was backwards all the time, the odd result pulled the wool over the easily led eyes. The guy should have jumped in a taxi alongside Cathro.

By admirable I mean he was open to argument and didn’t just pretend everything was rosey. He acknowledged things weren’t great and engaged in argument. Was more my point. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Look, fair play. You were consistent in your stance.

Think we’ve all had enough.

Indeed. We move on. At the end of the day, we’re all on the same side and hopefully all be back singing off the same hymn sheet. 👍🏼

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Indeed. We move on. At the end of the day, we’re all on the same side and hopefully all be back singing off the same hymn sheet. 👍🏼

I’m struggling to remember a time when there was so much division and bitterness about a head coach. Bad times.

5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Spot on. 

16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Exactly the same for me.

Time for change.

Even the clueless are starting to understand how bad we are under Levein. 

Just now, systemx said:

I'm another,got up and left when he moved Clare to rb ,fecking clueless,

Home in Tranent 1705 ffs.

I was in Dalkeith before the game finished.

9 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Absolutely. A humbling experience 2019 has been for some posters on here. 

It's sad to see a club legend struggle so much. But enough is enough, he has to step down as manager. I would like him to continue his work with the academy because I think that's his passion, and he's good at it, but he's not that man to take us forward.

I haven’t defended him per se but I’ve been open to giving him time to turn it around. It’s not working and he needs to step aside before the season is well and truly over.

Some of the vitriol on here and across all social media is absolutely disgusting though. 

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Absolutely. A humbling experience 2019 has been for some posters on here. 

The irony of it is apparently guys like me, many other posters and of course pundits/ex players couldn't see past our 'hatred' of Levein when it's been the guys that can't see past their strange love of Levein that has blinded them from the glaringly obvious.

He has to go - plain and simple. I haven't wanted someone out our club this badly since the days of trying to remove Chris Robinson. 

The longer Budge backs him the sillier she looks I'm afraid. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

If he’s still not gone by then end of today then somethings wrong... This is one of the only Saturdays ever that I’ve had the day off and not gone to the game... Its absolutely brutal to watch hearts these days and not even worth it for the day out anymore.

I suspect he will get the Hibs game, which is now do or die for both him or Heckinbottom.  However, I agree, my mind is now changed after watching a group of players who look like they don't know how to win a game any more, or worse don;t want to.

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

The irony of it is apparently guys like me, many other posters and of course pundits/ex players couldn't see past our 'hatred' of Levein when it's been the guys that can't see past their strange love of Levein that has blinded them from the glaringly obvious.

Don't talk shite. now is the right time for him to go. That doesn't mean you were right that he should have went prior to now. He was given a chance to turn it round - he has failed. Deal with it without the "I was right hardon"

A Shoreditch Heart
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

It's sad to see a club legend struggle so much. But enough is enough, he has to step down as manager. I would like him to continue his work with the academy because I think that's his passion, and he's good at it, but he's not that man to take us forward.

yeah totally agree - I love the guy, but we need a change and we need it now - let him look after the Academy and keep him involved that way. My concern is - what do we do with the rest of the coaching staff now? 

The lads on this thread who've had a change of heart deserve no criticism. None whatsoever. It's obvious from their previous posts that they are good Hearts people who have merely given the gaffer as long as they possibly could. 

Nothing wrong with that. 

Also sincerely hope, and believe, there will be no triumphalism from those who've been critical for a while. 

There's no winners. None at all. 

At least our problems are easily solved. Get rid of Levein. Everything else at the club, including the squad, is actually either fine, good or excellent. 

HHGH. Always. 

25 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Reluctantly and sadly feel the same.

Honestly feel if we ever want to challenge the Glasgow teams we’ll have to do something progressive and different - not just reflexively jump to Tommy Wright, Steven Robinson or whoever else is the current flavour of the month.

Lets dig ourselves out of the relegation zone before we start talking about challenging the old firm.

31 minutes ago, FWJ said:

That’s all.

Something’s wrong.  Something’s got to change.

There’s a few more that probably still need time to reflect. Maybe give Levein until Christmas. Only fair. 

8 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He’s not a legend. 

23 minutes ago, kila said:

Moving Clare to right back just summed him up. Making it up as he goes along, the players not playing for him, they all look miserable. First time I've seen Uche score and not run over to him too.

I think Budge know this is it, he has to go. There's no way back now, he's had the start of the season and things are getting worse.

Bang on Kila.

AlphonseCapone
12 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Even the clueless are starting to understand how bad we are under Levein. 

5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Regardless, I think now is the time for everyone to stop this, happy clapper/Levein out labels and divisions. Time for the support to come together. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Regardless, I think now is the time for everyone to stop this, happy clapper/Levein out labels and divisions. Time for the support to come together. 

Guaranteed once the dust has settled by about Wednesday, the usual suspects on here will be saying he still has another 2/3 games to turn it round. 

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

The lads on this thread who've had a change of heart deserve no criticism. None whatsoever. It's obvious from their previous posts that they are good Hearts people who have merely given the gaffer as long as they possibly could. 

Nothing wrong with that. 

Also sincerely hope, and believe, there will be no triumphalism from those who've been critical for a while. 

At least our problems are easily solved. Get rid of Levein. Everything else at the club, including the squad, is actually either fine, good or excellent. 

HHGH. Always. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:spoton:

36 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

100%. Man needs to do the decent thing and step down. 

A complete disgrace the fans are put in the position of having to shame and humiliate the club (and a club hero to many) into forcing them to do something which has been painfully apparent for a while. 

23 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Hurts to think about Michael Stewart’s orgasmic levels of self-satisfaction.

Broken clock.

£1 badly spent.

It's not Stewart's satisfaction that is hurting,  it's levein still being manager.  

Who gives a fe k about what Michael Stewart thinks just now?  Though it does look like he has been right more than twice.  Do you think Craig's whars have been money well spent.  Nothing about the situation and how fans are feeling is down to hating levein, it's about the fact that we are bottom of the league and the worst league run in our history.   And we wre relegated three times in the late 70's and early 80's.  Has he said anything after the game? I mean levein 

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Nothing wrong with that. 

HHGH. Always. 

Great post, Mart.  Really well worded.

I find it incredibly sad that a Hearts legend (and that’s what he is, make no mistake) has found/put himself in this position. However, the time is probably now right for him to go.  

I sincerely hope there is no gloating over this, though  I’m pretty sure there will be.

What a rotten day.

Awful team selection. Questionable tactics.

Moving Clare to right back cost us. We'd may have scraped an undeserved draw if he hadn't done that.

the Hearts way
34 minutes ago, kila said:

This!