New Manager

Bauld

Tynecastlesmychurch

My only problem with Moyes is that I can fully see him cowering to the old firm. Or at the very least only coming to us if he thinks it might help him land the celtic job one day. 

But maybe I'm wrong.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• FruitJuice

• Martin_T

• rudi must stay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that's Gary Monk been snapped up by Sheffield Wednesday. Ann Budge and her board had better act quick as things are out of control and making a massive rift between the board and support. A rift that might never be repaired.

Stephen Clarke

Wasted in that thankless role he has at the moment and lets be honest, Hearts would be a step up.

Edited by YellowSub

17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well that's Gary Monk been snapped up by Sheffield Wednesday. Ann Budge and her board had better act quick as things are out of control and making a massive rift between the board and support. A rift that might never be repaired.

Stephen Robinson would jump at the chance,  would certainly do a better job than Levein and would clear all the dead wood out of Riccarton. He would also be well within our budget. Act now AB.

19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Stephen Robinson would jump at the chance,  would certainly do a better job than Levein and would clear all the dead wood out of Riccarton. He would also be well within our budget. Act now AB.

Interesting his post match interview, not a bad word said towards us I think he would jump at the chance....

Edited by ducatiboy

3 minutes ago, ducatiboy said:

Interesting his post match interview, not a bad word said towards us I think he would jump at the chance....

Yes, I agree. Who knows..he may have been sounded out already.

A real lack of ambition with some JBKers on here. Pressley, Robbo, Hartley ect being put forward. 

Rowett

Parkinson

Hughton

Moyes

Coleman

Pearson

Appleton

and the list goes on.

Sexton Hardcastle

Still astounded people are calling for Naismith to get the gig. Boys like Mark Donaldson who you would think might have some football insight.

Utterly baffling. The whole argument about uniting the support is a nonsense. You will unite the support with a good appointment who wins games and plays decent football. Not a guy who has had multiple failures at lower league level.

5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Would be up for getting any random Bundesliga reserve coach in. They're hit or miss but the ones that hit seem to be amazing. 

Mike Tullberg at Dortmund 🤪

20 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We should have stuck with Neilson. Why did we get a plane for him but not Levein?! 

Because we couldn't afford the appropriate model for Levein

Image result for photo of b 52 bomber

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Shame, I wouldn’t have had a problem with Monk TBH. 

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Probably already been suggested earlier in the thread but Shelley Kerr would be affordable. Could be an interesting appointment. 

Somebody who has no experience of managing or playing football at a level  anywhere even close to our league. No thank you.

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Probably already been suggested earlier in the thread but Shelley Kerr would be affordable. Could be an interesting appointment. 

And you called me clueless yesterday. :rofl:

Shelley Kerr, what a ****ing beamer.

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Hi Anne 

this idea is worse than keeping Levein 

thanks

Diadora Van Basten

I would go for David Robertson has done an amazing job in India. His salary there is equivalent to a postie. Played under Sir Alex Ferguson and in Rangers 9 in a row team. Doesn’t take prisoners.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

And you called me clueless yesterday. :rofl:

Shelley Kerr, what a ****ing beamer.

Was being sarcastic. 

I clearly got to you yesterday though.

:sergioyay:

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I would go for David Robertson has done an amazing job in India. His salary there is equivalent to a postie. Played under Sir Alex Ferguson and in Rangers 9 in a row team. Doesn’t take prisoners.

This. Would be a fantastic appointment would get torn right in about them.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aye, so you were. :cornette:

Already stated my preference was Garry Monk. Also stated earlier in the thread pre requisite had to be someone who has managed a club the same size as ours before. 

Chin up, fella. 

2 hours ago, Walrus said:

Mike Tullberg at Dortmund 🤪

Not sure how it would go down here but he is meant to be a fantastic coach. I’m not sure if his prior experience with us would help or hinder us though... 

If I was Budge and the budget allowed for it I would sack Levein, MacPhee, Fox, Daly and Gallacher.

I would then put Andy Kirk and Gary Locke in charge for Hibs and Aberdeen.

I would then advertise the job all over Europe  whilst sounding out the likes of David Moyes and Chris Coleman and asking for permission to speak to Stephen Robinson.

I would look at all the applicants and invite the best in for interviews and appoint the best man for the job.

I would ask the new man what his thoughts were on a DoF and the acadamy.

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Austin with her as number 2 just for the banter. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, PaulHartley10 said:

If I was Budge and the budget allowed for it I would sack Levein, MacPhee, Fox, Daly and Gallacher.

I would then advertise the job all over Europe  whilst sounding out the likes of David Moyes and Chris Coleman and asking for permission to speak to Stephen Robinson.

I would look at all the applicants and invite the best in for interviews and appoint the best man for the job.

If replacing him, that should be the plan. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Austin with her as number 2 just for the banter. 

Can you imagine the seethe on here if that came to pass!

1 minute ago, PaulHartley10 said:

All fairly sensible. You can’t ask the new guy about working under DoF though. If that’s the structure hearts want an applicant to work under then it shouldn’t be up for discussion

The Motherwell manager is great fit for us - plays aggressive high tempo football which is what Hearts fans love; a style that has served us well in the past. Proven track record of blooding youngsters and also seems to have an eye for a player. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

All fairly sensible. You can’t ask the new guy about working under DoF though. If that’s the structure hearts want an applicant to work under then it shouldn’t be up for discussion

But a big name like Moyes should be asked imo. 

For example if he was Interested on his terms and not under a DoF then we shouldn't discount him because we are looking at a DoF model as standard. 

Be flexible. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I personally wouldn't have a DoF having anything to do with the first team. I'd prefer it be someone a new manager approves of that sells the club to transfer targets, helps out in the acadamy and lends some advice if asked.

If I was Budge...I'd ask their thoughts on Jim Jefferies.

Edited by PaulHartley10

49 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

SAF was long gone by the time Robertson made his Don's debut.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

But a big name like Moyes should be asked imo. 

For example if he was Interested on his terms and not under a DoF then we shouldn't discount him because we are looking at a DoF model as standard. 

Be flexible. 

Yeah fair point. Tbh I think guys like moyes are just pie in the sky but hopefully not. More likely Robinson or Holt Oe that type of appointment.

3 hours ago, ducatiboy said:

He was givingi it the get it right up you to the main stand after they scored their second . Totally mystified all the fans round about us  as to why . 

He was totally out of order but could explain his coyness at the post match interview. 

Strikes me as a wee ***** , his actions yesterday did nothing to convince me otherwise . 

20 hours ago, Smack said:

We haven't got a clue who will apply let alone get the job. Probably will just depend who is sitting next to Ann at the time.

Might as well fire a few names out, some less serious than others, and none particularly serious. 

Shaun Maloney

Dick Campbell

Ronny Deila

Robbo

Not the worst suggestion in the world

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah fair point. Tbh I think guys like moyes are just pie in the sky but hopefully not. More likely Robinson or Holt Oe that type of appointment.

Yeah, Likley. 

If/when we do require a new manager, he absolutely has to come from outside the current coaching staff and preferably with no previous Hearts connection.  I’d love a Burley style appointment, a proven EFL manager who wouldn’t shit his breeks when we pass Harthill. 

Leveins Battalion
27 minutes ago, stotty said:

The Motherwell manager is great fit for us - plays aggressive high tempo football which is what Hearts fans love; a style that has served us well in the past. Proven track record of blooding youngsters and also seems to have an eye for a player. 

This is the guy I want also.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

And for that reason alone I'd say no. I want some with no link to either arse cheek.

5 hours ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

My only problem with Moyes is that I can fully see him cowering to the old firm. Or at the very least only coming to us if he thinks it might help him land the celtic job one day. 

But maybe I'm wrong.

If a manager like Moyes comes here and it lands them a bigger job, it'll be because they earned it by leaving us in a better position. It'll also be easier to replace them with a better calibre of manager because we are doing well.

Don't see the problem with someone like Moyes.  Do you think we don't cower to the old firm as it is? 

Diadora Van Basten
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And for that reason alone I'd say no. I want some with no link to either arse cheek.

Alex MacDonald and Sandy Jardine took us to within 7 minutes of winning the league. 

Marooned in Sec Z
43 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He was givingi it the get it right up you to the main stand after they scored their second . Totally mystified all the fans round about us  as to why . 

He was totally out of order but could explain his coyness at the post match interview. 

Strikes me as a wee ***** , his actions yesterday did nothing to convince me otherwise . 

You do realise that the Motherwell directors were in the main stand and he was quite clearly aiming his celebrations towards them. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Marooned in Sec Z said:

You do realise that the Motherwell directors were in the main stand and he was quite clearly aiming his celebrations towards them. 

We're they sitting in S?

To me it looked like he was doing it to the Motherwell players sitting directly behind the away dugout. Didn't do it to the fans in R, least didn't look like that to me.

Edited by kila