New Manager

Bauld

Tynecastlesmychurch
2 hours ago, Jenks said:

Robinson from Motherwell.

Wouldn't be my first choice personally. However I certainly wouldn't be against his appointment. An attacking manager that actually knows how to use wide players would be a lovely change of pace.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• FruitJuice

• Martin_T

• rudi must stay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The Comedian said:

Get a clever German lad from in the background there. Farke just got a great win there over City.

I think the chap who left Huddersfield recently might be worth looking at, he was on a hiding to nothing when he was appointed like Farke and Wagner, has a coaching background at Dortmund.

Strijder Koerover
12 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Get a clever German lad from in the background there. Farke just got a great win there over City.

Or a clever Spanish man who speaks German. And Flemish. Trendy. 

Moyes would be amazing. Doubt he would come but you don’t know till you ask.

chris hughton 

Chris Coleman 

martin o neil

micheal o neil

aim high 

Gary Locke in for the next few games.

Ironic given Levein told Budge to get rid of him. (I can see Jamie Macdonald back in January too).

Then a proper interview process resulting in a clear out of the boot room except for McPhee who gets a new role as DoF paving the way for...

Steven-Naismith.jpg

Austin McPhee should be punted with Levein.  Escaped scott free when he was Cathro's no 2 and same again with Levein.

What is this guy doing?   Mr feckin Teflon.

Robinson for me, good record bringing through youth players, identifies appropriate players for his game plan. 

Has been able to turn things around after bad runs.

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Austin McPhee should be punted with Levein.  Escaped scott free when he was Cathro's no 2 and same again with Levein.

What is this guy doing?   Mr feckin Teflon.

If Austin McPhee didn’t have lovely hair he’s be getting it much tighter 

Hopefully someone with no previous Hearts connection. 

Ideally someone relatively young (under 50) who has managed a club at least as big as Hearts before.  

54 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Hopefully someone with no previous Hearts connection. 

Ideally someone relatively young (under 50) who has managed a club at least as big as Hearts before.  

Absolutely this 

3 hours ago, Djm1874 said:

Moyes would be amazing. Doubt he would come but you don’t know till you ask.

chris hughton 

Chris Coleman 

martin o neil

micheal o neil

aim high 

Coleman is awful and Martin O Neill is a spent force. 

I’d take the other two, no way Hughton would come here though! 

7 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Coleman is awful and Martin O Neill is a spent force. 

I’d take the other two, no way Hughton would come here though! 

Garry Monk?

kennyjambo1974

Holt as he would boot them right up the arse.. and motivate and play at least try to win games .easy oasy attitude is destroying this club ..This is a football club .Not a community centre ..

6 hours ago, corkie64 said:

Why not give Naismith a player/manager role giving time to look for a decent replacement for Levein, let's face it I believe the players/squad seem to have a lot of respect for Naismith and surely he couldn't be any worse than Levein?

he is by far the only person currently connected with the club that i feel would genuinely give blood, sweat and tears into making sure the team performed week in week out. you can see that when plays the majority of players have huge resepect for him.

would it pay off am not sure.... but i would be happy to take the gamble

Edited by jambo_

7 hours ago, Jenks said:

Robinson from Motherwell.

Wasn't that long ago he was nearly punted at Well, absolutely not. We need someone from outside the current Scottish game, no conditioned thoughts about being inferior to Glasgow and shatting ourselves soon as we pass Harthill. 

Derek McIness. Consistently had Aberdeen competing at top of league and in later stages of cups. He is probably ready for  fresh challenge and think he would  do really well with our squad of descent palyers.

10 hours ago, merrymac said:

Would also give him something positive to do, as he rarely is fit to play

I believe the long contract he was given (considering his age and susceptibility to injury now)has to do with grooming him for management. Too early now and he's needed on the field to "encourage" the rest of them.

10 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Not Daly or Fox they're tainted by Levein's influence. McPhee can stay on as an interpreter for the Japanese guy.

Advertise the job it's simple.

McPhee should stay (if he still wants to!) as he's good at his job, regardless of his fluency in other languages.

By the way the "Japanese guy" is Ryotaro Meshino.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, harrykim said:

McPhee should stay (if he still wants to!) as he's good at his job, regardless of his fluency in other languages.

By the way the "Japanese guy" is Ryotaro Meshino.

He's good at designing set pieces. Not sure what else you could class as being good at his job.

9 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I think the chap who left Huddersfield recently might be worth looking at, he was on a hiding to nothing when he was appointed like Farke and Wagner, has a coaching background at Dortmund.

Somehow, I don't think David Wagner will be walking out on Schalke to join Hearts any time soon, Martin.

The idea itself is good though. Hearts should be looking across Europe. Both Wagner and Daniel Farke's previous job was as coach of Dortmund's second team. The kind of figure Hearts could maybe hope to entice would be, as Angelo Alessio was for so long, an assistant at present - not someone with managerial success in a good European league. Nor someone who's had any success in England's top two divisions.

With regard to the latter: any club in the English Championship is more attractive to just about any manager than anything in Scotland outside Celtic and Rangers. Even Sunderland or Ipswich are more attractive than non-OF gigs in Scotland. That's just how it is. It's not just a question of money, but of the SPL being a moribund, dead league which time forgot. As Hearts are the third biggest club, few managers are going to be hailed across Europe if they finish 3rd - but it's essentially impossible to do any better.

But if a talented, visionary coach want to cut his teeth in management, that's a different story. As for some of the names I've seen mentioned: Hughton's waiting for a top Championship job. He's way way higher than we can attract. So is Alex Neil. So, contrary to what so many insist, is Michael O'Neill. McInnes is not about to leave Aberdeen to join a similarly sized, less successful club. Garry Monk's just become Sheffield Wednesday boss. Warnock? Is it April 1?

Rowett? Possibly, given how badly he failed at Stoke, so he needs a route back in from somewhere. Robinson? How many wanted him before yesterday's game? Is this some game of "let's see who's 3rd in the league... oooh, it's Motherwell, let's get Stephen Robinson"?

To me, it's either look in English League 1 for a rough diamond at a demonstrably small club who can't go much further - or much better, look abroad. I don't want another jaded Scot reared in this pub league who thinks it's about being "hard tae beat" and waves the white flag the moment Hearts enter Glasgow.

Edited by shaun.lawson

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He's good at designing set pieces. Not sure what else you could class as being good at his job.

Given the inability of most of the forwards to score in open play, set piece skills are a necessity these days. The  selectors in the North of Ireland see something in him.

16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He's superb at looking incredibly serious when having a crisis summit during the game with Levein. And the way he holds that clipboard must be worth the admission fee alone.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, harrykim said:

Given the inability of most of the forwards to score in open play, set piece skills are a necessity these days. The  selectors in the North of Ireland see something in him.

Not sure where that is but perhaps he should have more time to focus on his role with Northern Ireland.

Nice try at being a smartarse though.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

He's superb at looking incredibly serious when having a conference during the game with Levein. And the way he holds that clipboard must be worth the admission fee alone.

Jon Daly has improved in these stakes as well. The earpiece adds a lot of gravitas.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not sure where that is but perhaps he should have more time to focus on his role with Northern Ireland.

Nice try at being a smartarse though.

The problem's Levein, not McPhee.

I'm stuck in this shithole US-slave country so can't do much about it.

7 minutes ago, harrykim said:

They do. However, the common link in Hearts' results collapsing since Robbie left is both Levein... and Austin MacPhee. 

Just get an established/experienced 1st team manager please. Someone who can sit in a job interview and say "I've achieved promotion", "I've won this", "I know how to set a team up", "I've won a league game in Glasgow". That sort of stuff.

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Somehow, I don't think David Wagner will be walking out on Schalke to join Hearts any time soon, Martin.

The idea itself is good though. Hearts should be looking across Europe. Both Wagner and Daniel Farke's previous job was as coach of Dortmund's second team. The kind of figure Hearts could maybe hope to entice would be, as Angelo Alessio was for so long, an assistant at present - not someone with managerial success in a good European league. Nor someone who's had any success in England's top two divisions.

With regard to the latter: any club in the English Championship is more attractive to just about any manager than anything in Scotland outside Celtic and Rangers. Even Sunderland or Ipswich are more attractive than non-OF gigs in Scotland. That's just how it is. It's not just a question of money, but of the SPL being a moribund, dead league which time forgot. As Hearts are the third biggest club, few managers are going to be hailed across Europe if they finish 3rd - but it's essentially impossible to do any better.

But if a talented, visionary coach want to cut his teeth in management, that's a different story. As for some of the names I've seen mentioned: Hughton's waiting for a top Championship job. He's way way higher than we can attract. So is Alex Neil. So, contrary to what so many insist, is Michael O'Neill. McInnes is not about to leave Aberdeen to join a similarly sized, less successful club. Garry Monk's just become Sheffield Wednesday boss. Warnock? Is it April 1?

Rowett? Possibly, given how badly he failed at Stoke, so he needs a route back in from somewhere. Robinson? How many wanted him before yesterday's game? Is this some game of "let's see who's 3rd in the league... oooh, it's Motherwell, let's get Stephen Robinson"?

To me, it's either look in English League 1 for a rough diamond at a demonstrably small club who can't go much further - or much better, look abroad. I don't want another jaded Scot reared in this pub league who thinks it's about being "hard tae beat" and waves the white flag the moment Hearts enter Glasgow.

I wasn't talking about David Wagner Shaun, Jan Siewert was Huddersfield manager in the latter part of last season. Didn't read the rest after the fatal error that you made at the start.

Yet again your pomposity makes you look like a tit, with the underlying tone that you know more about football than anyone else, when reality couldn't be further from the truth.

Edited by Martin_T

1 hour ago, harrykim said:

The problem's Levein, not McPhee.

I'm stuck in this shithole US-slave country so can't do much about it.

Slave country

:facepalm:

And Mcfluff brings the square root of **** all to the table. He makes as good a football manager as Myra Hindley makes a good babysitter. He can pack his bags and GTF poste haste with boyband boy and the guy who seems to make our keepers even shiter every week.

10 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Steven-Naismith.jpg

If we can have this as a management team that would be unreal.

Still feel Moyes is holding out thinking he can get another crack at a top end Championship/low end premiership team. Which he won't.

Holt from Livi. Young, enthusiastic and worked wonders through there. Don’t get me wrong, moyes or a similar big name would be great, just can’t see it happening.

In terms of macphee, I think we don't truly know what he'd bring to the team post Levein. I noticed Levein was very animated towards him a few times on Saturday and he didn't react at all.  It could be his influence is stifled.

McPhee seems to be important in persuading good footballers to come to Hearts. 

Importantly he also seems to be involved in making them poorer as well.

He is not the answer for me, and apart from a caretaker role . I’d be furious if he got the gig