New Manager

Bauld

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Or you ignore it !

There are very few, probably none, who are on CL’s side now. 

Now is not the time for I told you so posts.

Everyone wants change now so reasoned debate can continue.

Sounds good in theory, but I’ve had a lot of I told you so recently, and one individual lost his shit so much, he started making thinly veiled threats of violence. It’s ****ing lunacy mate. :lol: 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• FruitJuice

• TheOak88

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sounds good in theory, but I’ve had a lot of I told you so recently, and one individual lost his shit so much, he started making thinly veiled threats of violence. It’s ****ing lunacy mate. :lol: 

I gave Cathro more time than he should and the LC debacle left me wondering why.

The same with Levein. It’s a supporter’s curse, hoping things will get better. I have respect for people who stuck by their guns but now realise the gig’s up. Equally the people who made their minds up a long time ago. Doesn’t need to be nasty, we all want the same thing basically.

32 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No. From my point of view that’s what the folk losing their shit at me have been doing. For a while now on here, any attempt at actually argue a point that didn’t fit the screeching and OTT stuff from the other side was met with “excuses” and “cuckolds” and all that other shite. In the face of that sort of pish, you don’t keep trying to debate like an adult, you respond with in the same vein.

We will agree to disagree there then 

If he is sacked as first team coach Budge would want to retain him as DOF according to this interview;

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2402686/hearts-ann-budge-craig-levein-dof/

“What I do know, is that if for whatever reason it did not work, I would certainly want him back as director of football. I think he did very well.”

5 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

If he is sacked as first team coach Budge would want to retain him as DOF according to this interview;

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2402686/hearts-ann-budge-craig-levein-dof/

“What I do know, is that if for whatever reason it did not work, I would certainly want him back as director of football. I think he did very well.”

Levein said something along the lines that he wouldn't want to just go back to D.o.F.

He has to go completely.

Byyy The Light

Saw somebody mention Lee Bullen as an option. Had a look in to him and watched a few interviews. Talks really well.

Going by the comments online from sheff Wed fans. They all wanted him to stay on.

Anybody know more about him?

17 hours ago, Rods said:

I would go for Aidy Boothroyd folk have been saying he applied previously.

I suggested this some time ago but since then he has signed an extended contract.

Even if he wanted to come here, it would now cost money to buy out his contract.

I don't think he applied last time

Hampden Demolition
Just now, jambo2524 said:

Apparently Neil McCann to be announced?

That would the equivalent of jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Absolutely dreadful manager and would probably the end of Budge in most people eyes.

Pasquale for King
On 14/09/2019 at 18:20, SomethingAboutObua said:

I’d take Locke just for the Hibs match while we look.

I was for Levein staying as DoF but now I don’t know if anyone decent would join with the failed manager working above him. 

Let’s just Find someone ****ing amazing and have Levein only working with the youth academy up to whatever’s below the reserves. 

Get a player-manager idea to **** we’re not a part time league one team. 

A section of our fans wanted Neilson out for not having enough style, why would they find Robinson of all people a good replacement 🙄

I would maybe let Locke give them a pep talk before the game, we don’t need another clueless tactician in the dug out.

Levein has set the Academy up and hired someone to run it, there’s no job for him there.

Who would want to work with Levein as DoF interfering and you would be continually asked about his input. He has to go completely.

Robinsons team played with a bit of style on Saturday but I don’t think he’s the answer either.

27 minutes ago, jambo2524 said:

Apparently Neil McCann to be announced?

A friend of mine actually overheard Jim Jefferies saying this to people in the restaurant of an Edinburgh golf club during the summer. Apparently he was meant to be coming in at that point too. This definitely happened but I don’t know how ITK Jefferies still is..?

Edited by Dayman

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

A friend of mine actually overheard Jim Jefferies saying this to people in the restaurant of an Edinburgh golf club during the summer. Apparently he was meant to be coming in at that point too. This definitely happened but I don’t know how ITK Jefferies still is..?

Lockie will tell him anything and everything he hears as an ambassador and whatever other role he's in at the club. Other than that I'm not sure there is anyone left wh was there in JJs day.

38 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Saw somebody mention Lee Bullen as an option. Had a look in to him and watched a few interviews. Talks really well.

Going by the comments online from sheff Wed fans. They all wanted him to stay on.

Anybody know more about him?

He's a Jambo. Played for a Hong Kong select against England. Spell at Whitburn juniors. Did well in England's lower leagues. All from memory so could be pish. 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Lockie will tell him anything and everything he hears as an ambassador and whatever other role he's in at the club. Other than that I'm not sure there is anyone left wh was there in JJs day.

Yeah you’re probably right. He may be close with McCann himself, or maybe levein? I could imagine these players/managers who’ve been involved with the team for an extended period and still live around Edinburgh probably know quite a bit somehow.

56 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Levein said something along the lines that he wouldn't want to just go back to D.o.F.

He has to go completely.

Good with me

20 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Probably already been suggested earlier in the thread but Shelley Kerr would be affordable. Could be an interesting appointment. 

Please, no.   She done well at that level to get the ladies qualifying for the World Cup, not failed miserably once they were there.  

Women’s football is also still a significantly lower level than Men’s.  We would be better appointing someone who has done well in the Scottish Second Division - not that I want that either. 

I do not want us to experiment. 

Edited by Paolo

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He appointed John Murray but I’m not sure if they get on nowadays.

Results have declined since Levein's health issues, wonder if it's maybe because his nature has calmed a bit in the dressing room.

To throw a random name out there of someone who has been around a high level of football, has contacts, some experience in coaching and takes no prisoners how about Stuart Pearce?

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

He simply can't survive the internet and keyboard warriors pressure. He'll be shaking in his managerial chair

:qqb006:

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He appointed John Murray but I’m not sure if they get on nowadays.

Christ.   I keep forgetting he is still here.   What is he actually doing for his money?

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

Christ.   I keep forgetting he is still here.   What is he actually doing for his money?

Eff all, never has. 

alwaysthereinspirit
On 14/09/2019 at 12:08, Jenks said:

Robinson from Motherwell.

Based on what?

Them beating us with a supposed terrible manager.

Or us knocking them out of the cup with a supposed terrible manager.

This manager search should be an absolute hoot on here. 

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Based on what?

Does it need to be one of those options?

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Based on what?

...or the fact he got a club with the fraction of our budget into 2 domestic cup finals, clearly has good contacts down south, set his teams up to play direct and attacking football and likes pace in the last third...

Nah you're right, no interest to us at all eh 🤕🤒🤧

Dearie me 😝

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Does it need to be one of those options?

Not at all. You can add as many options as you want for the Motherwell manager getting the gig.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, GavK1012 said:

...or the fact he got a club with the fraction of our budget into 2 domestic cup finals, clearly has good contacts down south, set his teams up to play direct and attacking football and likes pace in the last third...

Nah you're right, no interest to us at all eh 🤕🤒🤧

Dearie me 😝

Get him in then. He's obviously the one. 

North Berwick Jambo

In the past when we have advertised for a new manager there has been quite a few surprise names when it comes to those who actually applied for the job.  Maybe it could happen again IF we get HIM & all his ****** cronies out now!! Off the park our club is going in the right direction & that will be attractive to many managers as long as it’s their own set up! 

Edited by North Berwick Jambo

We need something new, not a re-hash of old glories and memories.

We need an experienced manager who can take this squad of players, that's low on confidence, kick them in the arse and get them performing to their undoubted abilities again.

This position is tailor maid for someone like Moyes or Hughton but whether we have the balls to approach either of them and offer the job is unclear.  I like Budge and love what she's done for the club but she now has to show some of that hard business woman's ruthlessness and get us a manager who can deliver this NOW!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, ericb said:

MIchael O'Neil, and allow him to continue with NI until his contract runs out. 

He's at every game anyway.

Double hatting. No worries 

If CL is to go I can see Hearts making it as low key as possible.  

Announce a new man while CL slips away. No long, drawn out hunt for a new manager while in between Levein’s time gets dissected in the press. 

Putting in place a new manager right away probably stunts the inquest. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Scouting all these hidden gems we’ve unearthed and sold on for millions.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, ericb said:

MIchael O'Neil, and allow him to continue with NI until his contract runs out. 

He's at every game anyway.

I think his contract with NI would probably say this isn’t possible. He’s on £500k and we would need to pay compensation at that level too, he would keep Macphee also. Can’t see it happening unfortunately.

My take is that CL will resign from both posts and state that he had planned that at the end of the season, but he is doing it a bit early.

I believe they will announce a re-structure of the academy etc. to cover DoF tasks, and McPhee will be a caretaker, and to be reviewed at the end of the season (in the hope he'll do really well or until O'Neill is available).

If not those two, then Boothroyd, Chris Coleman or Robbie Nielson

Edited by ericb

1 hour ago, Smack said:

He's a Jambo. Played for a Hong Kong select against England. Spell at Whitburn juniors. Did well in England's lower leagues. All from memory so could be pish. 

I used to watch him play up front for Whitburn Juniors when I was a wee boy. Some player then, made a great career for himself.