• Geoff Kilpatrick

• FruitJuice

• Martin_T

• JamboSpur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, Rods said:

I would go for Aidy Boothroyd folk have been saying he applied previously.

Is he not an u21 England coach or something? Wonder if we could attract him away.

Marooned in Sec Z
5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

We're they sitting in S?

From where I was mate it clearly looked like he was celebrating towards people he knew in the stand. Dont think for one minute it was aimed at any Hearts supporters. If im wrong then fair enough 👍 

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

This. Would be a fantastic appointment would get torn right in about them.

Failed in his previous spells in charge of Elgin City and Montrose. Hence why he is working on a postie's salary in India.

20 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Stephen Robinson as a realistic Candidate is most appealing. 

Would be my choice in Scotland,done a good job signing players at Motherwell,joining a bigger club would attract him.

Tynecastlesmychurch
28 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

If a manager like Moyes comes here and it lands them a bigger job, it'll be because they earned it by leaving us in a better position. It'll also be easier to replace them with a better calibre of manager because we are doing well.

Don't see the problem with someone like Moyes.  Do you think we don't cower to the old firm as it is? 

Do I think we don't cower to the old firm ovcourse not infact we regularly battle them with more venom than a thousand stone cold stuners from the texas rattlesnake himself. BawwwGawwwd Mind you if we did already cower to them I suppose you're the type of person that would be fine if that continued? Because hey we do it already! And if it ain't broken etc etc. Maybe I'm being harsh as I actually liked most of your post.  

14 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

It's not just a question of money, but of the SPL being a moribund, dead league which time forgot.

The SPL is not so much dying as dead - for six years.

37 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Is he not an u21 England coach or something? Wonder if we could attract him away.

I think he currently is the u21s manager.

Maybe just wishful thinking from me.

11 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Do I think we don't cower to the old firm ovcourse not infact we regularly battle them with more venom than a thousand stone cold stuners from the texas rattlesnake himself. BawwwGawwwd Mind you if we did already cower to them I suppose you're the type of person that would be fine if that continued? Because hey we do it already! And if it ain't broken etc etc. Maybe I'm being harsh as I actually liked most of your post.  

We so battle against them on the odd occasion and I want more than that.  We freeze everytime we gonto Glasgow.  I'm making the point that I don't think Moyes would cower as much as the current set up. Clarke turned battling against the old firm into getting results in Glasgow and who's to say that Moyes hasn't got the experience to do the same.  That's with a better squad than killie had.  Take out the two good results against Celtic and most of the time its cowering.  That wont change with this lot.  

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Rods said:

I think he currently is the u21s manager.

Maybe just wishful thinking from me.

Maybe. I still think we could talk Michael O'neil into taking it on as a 2nd job to his national one,thats wishful thinking from me.

I’d like to see us go for a Gary Holt or Ian McCall or something. It’s crazy to think how well some managers do, and get the best out of their players, with such small budgets. Think about what they could do at Hearts.

Tynecastlesmychurch
38 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

We so battle against them on the odd occasion and I want more than that.  We freeze everytime we gonto Glasgow.  I'm making the point that I don't think Moyes would cower as much as the current set up. Clarke turned battling against the old firm into getting results in Glasgow and who's to say that Moyes hasn't got the experience to do the same.  That's with a better squad than killie had.  Take out the two good results against Celtic and most of the time its cowering.  That wont change with this lot.  

I got your point my friend! I was just having a bit of fun! 

Honestly you could be right. You probably are actually as I would have probably thought the same about Clarke had he been an option for us (obviously after Cathro not now after he turned Kilmarnock into a very decent side)

21 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’d like to see us go for a Gary Holt or Ian McCall or something. It’s crazy to think how well some managers do, and get the best out of their players, with such small budgets. Think about what they could do at Hearts.

Re. Holt, I thought it was fairly common knowledge that some other fella was running things in the background and he is just a frontman? 

And seriously, Ian McCall? (No offence to you bud)

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Re. Holt, I thought it was fairly common knowledge that some other fella was running things in the background and he is just a frontman? 

David Martindale something to do with drugs 

1 hour ago, Marooned in Sec Z said:

You do realise that the Motherwell directors were in the main stand and he was quite clearly aiming his celebrations towards them. 

Saying get it right up you to the Well directors , would make sense as if looked like that was where he was aiming it at , but why would he do that ? 

I’d go for Lee Bullen - has done a good job as interim at Wednesday but overlooked for the top job again. Might want the opportunity to be the main man & he’s a Hearts fan to boot.

Ricardo Shillyshally

We need a statement manager. One that the players will respect, one that the fans will get behind, one with a track record at a reasonably high level.

We don't need a project and we don't need a lower League manager

25 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

We need a statement manager. One that the players will respect, one that the fans will get behind, one with a track record at a reasonably high level.

We don't need a project and we don't need a lower League manager

One of the more sensible posts on this thread 

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

No idea about Holt. He just seems like a good manager. As for McCall, I think he’s done a very good job with limited resources. I was just trying to come up with some realistic possibilities. We’re not going to bring in a David Moyes or Chris Hughton. Crazy chat by some.

39 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

I’d go for Lee Bullen - has done a good job as interim at Wednesday but overlooked for the top job again. Might want the opportunity to be the main man & he’s a Hearts fan to boot.

Best shout I've seen on here 

4 hours ago, PaulHartley10 said:

If I was Budge and the budget allowed for it I would sack Levein, MacPhee, Fox, Daly and Gallacher.

I would then put Andy Kirk and Gary Locke in charge for Hibs and Aberdeen.

I would then advertise the job all over Europe  whilst sounding out the likes of David Moyes and Chris Coleman and asking for permission to speak to Stephen Robinson.

I would look at all the applicants and invite the best in for interviews and appoint the best man for the job.

I would ask the new man what his thoughts were on a DoF and the acadamy.

If only you were Ann Budge we’d be in heaven.

4 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Moyes, Hughton etc etc

Good to see no one is deluding themselves on level of manager we could get🤣🤦‍♂️

Peter Grant, Danny Lennon, Barry Ferguson, Dick Campbell, Ian McCall just imagine if this was the potential 

managers Ann Budge was looking at. Well she did agree to Levein and Cathro.

2 hours ago, BervieJambo said:

:interehjrling:I like this idea 👍

John mcCartney

doing a google there on Lee,seems to be well liked by the Wednesday mob
played and managed there altho his wife has an estate agency business going on in Sheffield
so that could be a spanner.

24 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

doing a google there on Lee,seems to be well liked by the Wednesday mob
played and managed there altho his wife has an estate agency business going on in Sheffield
so that could be a spanner.

A true jambo would dump the Mrs, dump Sheffield and get back to Gods country and manage the famous. That’s what I would do. Plenty more fish in the sea!!

Guest ToqueJambo

Said it before, JJ caretaker, Robbo offered a 2 year contract, Naismith primed to take over, then do everything we can to get Michael ONeill after his NI contract is up, while also sounding him out before then, just in case. If you don't ask, etc...

Of the names quoted last time, Aidy Boothroyd and Dougie Freedman sounded interesting.

Edited by ToqueJambo

For anyone who thinks that we wouldn't get top applicants if the job came up, they're wrong.  Hearts are a huge club with an amazing infrastructure in place.

The thought of taking on the old firm with the odds stacked against you will also appeal very heavily.

Bullen is a great shout but my choice would be Lee Johnson.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Said it before, JJ caretaker, Robbo offered a 2 year contract, Naismith primed to take over, then do everything we can to get Michael ONeill after his NI contract is up, while also sounding him out before then, just in case. If you don't ask, etc...

Of the names quoted last time, Aidy Boothroyd and Dougie Freedman sounded interesting.

Dougie was really interesting until he got a job that paid about 20 times more. 

🙄

Biggest worry for me, is if they go down the route of appointing someone who has failed previously at our club. Locke and Brown for example would be a complete disaster. I’ve said for a while the only part of our set up that I don’t really see working, is the promote from within manager model. I can see the thinking behind it, and if it had worked then great, but it’s too reliant on a good coach also being a good manager. Despite all the noise on here and elsewhere, nobody really knows where the issues lie with the management and coaching side of things. People are angry and disappointed and because of this they want a ‘new broom’ approach. I’m not of the same mind. If we have some good employees in there who are being stymied by the set up or other members of the team, then I’d rather they had a chance to prove themselves. 

I wanted this regime and set up to work. I like Levein nd when he was rejigging things at Dundee United, I wanted that for us. At that time we were spending more than we could afford had Romanov not been propping us up financially. Around the same time, Eddie Thomson brought Levein in and have him control of a Dundee United side who were rock bottom and staring at relegation after seasons of decline. Levein built a United team who gave us a few bloody noses, and at the same time oversaw improvements back of shop, leading to a model of bringing through youth that kept them riding high, and eventually won them a trophy.

Sadly it never worked out for us. At least not at first team level, and that’s the bit that managers live and die by. I think Levein has done his best, and what he believed would be successful. Sadly it’s not worked out that way. I’d definitely be keeping him at the club though. He has good qualities and I’d like his work to continue where it can be an asset to us. Maybe that’s not as Director of Football, maybe it is? When he was DoF to Cathro and Neilson, he probably gave them too much of a free reign/rein in some respects. The entire squad turnover with Cathro for one thing... that never worked. If anything the problem there was him being given too much control. On the other hand, we have a situation where folk were saying Levein interfered too much (letters from the stand etc), so it can’t be both surely? He only comes in to work on the shape and match day tactics on the Thursday now? Is that not what he said? So if so, then he’s not exactly being overbearing there either.

Saturday was the watershed moment for me. We set up with a team that wasn’t our strongest and then had to use up all our subs to try and get back in the game. I don’t understand that I’m afraid. Then when Washington pulls up, we’ve nobody there to replace him? Madness. Up until now you could see what he was trying to do, Saturday was just crazy.

For me, I’d like to see us appoint an experienced manager who has done a few years in a British league at a comparable level, and at a higher level in the past. I’d like to see them retain the coaches that are worth retaining, and I’d let him lose the ones who aren’t. Give him control over the first team, and let the other parts that are working we’ll carry on. Biggest issue there is whether or not the new man wants to play in a way that the academy kids have been drilled through the age groups up until first team. I’d hate to see us lose talented young players because they don’t fit a system. 

All this is probably pointless though, as I’ve seen nothing to suggest Levein is leaving the manager’s post. 

Ho-hum... back to people losing their shit and acting like emotionally underdeveloped nutjobs over words on a screen that don’t match their own beliefs. That’s the kickback way after all. As you were...

11 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

FAO Anyone who wants Robinson in charge. What did you think of his celebration after their 2nd goal yesterday?

He can do what he wants imo.  Showed more passion when his team were 2-0 up than Levein.

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Biggest worry for me, is if they go down the route of appointing someone who has failed previously at our club. Locke and Brown for example would be a complete disaster. I’ve said for a while the only part of our set up that I don’t really see working, is the promote from within manager model. I can see the thinking behind it, and if it had worked then great, but it’s too reliant on a good coach also being a good manager. Despite all the noise on here and elsewhere, nobody really knows where the issues lie with the management and coaching side of things. People are angry and disappointed and because of this they want a ‘new broom’ approach. I’m not of the same mind. If we have some good employees in there who are being stymied by the set up or other members of the team, then I’d rather they had a chance to prove themselves. 

I wanted this regime and set up to work. I like Levein nd when he was rejigging things at Dundee United, I wanted that for us. At that time we were spending more than we could afford had Romanov not been propping us up financially. Around the same time, Eddie Thomson brought Levein in and have him control of a Dundee United side who were rock bottom and staring at relegation after seasons of decline. Levein built a United team who gave us a few bloody noses, and at the same time oversaw improvements back of shop, leading to a model of bringing through youth that kept them riding high, and eventually won them a trophy.

Sadly it never worked out for us. At least not at first team level, and that’s the bit that managers live and die by. I think Levein has done his best, and what he believed would be successful. Sadly it’s not worked out that way. I’d definitely be keeping him at the club though. He has good qualities and I’d like his work to continue where it can be an asset to us. Maybe that’s not as Director of Football, maybe it is? When he was DoF to Cathro and Neilson, he probably gave them too much of a free reign/rein in some respects. The entire squad turnover with Cathro for one thing... that never worked. If anything the problem there was him being given too much control. On the other hand, we have a situation where folk were saying Levein interfered too much (letters from the stand etc), so it can’t be both surely? He only comes in to work on the shape and match day tactics on the Thursday now? Is that not what he said? So if so, then he’s not exactly being overbearing there either.

Saturday was the watershed moment for me. We set up with a team that wasn’t our strongest and then had to use up all our subs to try and get back in the game. I don’t understand that I’m afraid. Then when Washington pulls up, we’ve nobody there to replace him? Madness. Up until now you could see what he was trying to do, Saturday was just crazy.

For me, I’d like to see us appoint an experienced manager who has done a few years in a British league at a comparable level, and at a higher level in the past. I’d like to see them retain the coaches that are worth retaining, and I’d let him lose the ones who aren’t. Give him control over the first team, and let the other parts that are working we’ll carry on. Biggest issue there is whether or not the new man wants to play in a way that the academy kids have been drilled through the age groups up until first team. I’d hate to see us lose talented young players because they don’t fit a system. 

All this is probably pointless though, as I’ve seen nothing to suggest Levein is leaving the manager’s post. 

Ho-hum... back to people losing their shit and acting like emotionally underdeveloped nutjobs over words on a screen that don’t match their own beliefs. That’s the kickback way after all. As you were...

Some good points in there icon.

your last paragraph though is exactly what you’ve been like the last weeks when someone has voiced their displeasure with Levein and wanting shot of him.

On 15/09/2019 at 16:55, kila said:

MacPhee as DoF is sensible. He knows the business side very well (look at his own football business being a big success) and he has good contacts.

The links with Man City etc are hardly down to Levein.

That's worth looking at. I don't think anyone has proposed him as manager and I'm sure he doesn't want it. His skills are elsewhere.

So, new management team in the old sense of the word, and I suggest Levein be invited to stay on the Board, hopefully with little influence on the choice of his successor. He has been a good servant of the club (yes, I know. Calm down!).

25 minutes ago, harrykim said:

That's worth looking at. I don't think anyone has proposed him as manager and I'm sure he doesn't want it. His skills are elsewhere.

So, new management team in the old sense of the word, and I suggest Levein be invited to stay on the Board, hopefully with little influence on the choice of his successor. He has been a good servant of the club (yes, I know. Calm down!).

So you’re suggesting that Levein remains at the very top of the decision making tree and Austin gets a promotion. I hope my boss is as understanding if I’m ever as shit at my job.

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Some good points in there icon.

your last paragraph though is exactly what you’ve been like the last weeks when someone has voiced their displeasure with Levein and wanting shot of him.

No. From my point of view that’s what the folk losing their shit at me have been doing. For a while now on here, any attempt at actually argue a point that didn’t fit the screeching and OTT stuff from the other side was met with “excuses” and “cuckolds” and all that other shite. In the face of that sort of pish, you don’t keep trying to debate like an adult, you respond with in the same vein.

7 minutes ago, Rabgee said:

So you’re suggesting that Levein remains at the very top of the decision making tree and Austin gets a promotion. I hope my boss is as understanding if I’m ever as shit at my job.

Unreal eh? Just make Levein Chairman, Mcphee DoF and Daly/Fox co managers.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No. From my point of view that’s what the folk losing their shit at me have been doing. For a while now on here, any attempt at actually argue a point that didn’t fit the screeching and OTT stuff from the other side was met with “excuses” and “cuckolds” and all that other shite. In the face of that sort of pish, you don’t keep trying to debate like an adult, you respond with in the same vein.

Or you ignore it !

There are very few, probably none, who are on CL’s side now. 

Now is not the time for I told you so posts.

Everyone wants change now so reasoned debate can continue.