New Manager

Bauld

We shouldn't struggle to find a good manager/coach to come in and fix this shit.

There's a talented squad here waiting to be put on the right path. It's being ruined at the moment but it is there. 

I would expect a multitude of managers/coaches looking at us and thinking they could work with these players. 

For better or worse they will also be looking at Budge and seeing an owner who will afford them plenty of time as well. That could work both ways for us fans but for a manager coming in it is probably a good sign.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• FruitJuice

• Martin_T

• JamboSpur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not give Naismith a player/manager role giving time to look for a decent replacement for Levein, let's face it I believe the players/squad seem to have a lot of respect for Naismith and surely he couldn't be any worse than Levein?

Just now, corkie64 said:

Why not give Naismith a player/manager role giving time to look for a decent replacement for Levein, let's face it I believe the players/squad seem to have a lot of respect for Naismith and surely he couldn't be any worse than Levein?

We need Naismith fit and firing on the pitch. Not distracted by having to manage the team at the same time. 

Being a player manager is an incredibly hard thing to do. Especially when you are playing from the front and most of the game happens behind you.

Not the answer in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, corkie64 said:

I wouldn’t be unhappy with this 

1 minute ago, The Comedian said:

One of Leveins stooges.

If he has anything to do with who the next manager is,  it'll show that it is nothing to do with what's good for the club and it's only about what's good for him or his sidekicks.  Every coach here is involved in the current shambles and has to go.  If any if them have ideas  on how to improve this  why not just let him know?  To improve the atmosphere around the club, he and his coaches have to completely go.  If the new manager comes in a d doesn't get off to a good start, levein being at the club will be blamed for still having an influence.  

He really needs to go and now.  

Just now, Herbert said:

I would take anyone. but we're stuck with him

I don't think we are anymore.

Budge wants a family friendly atmosphere.

Protests in the stands and in the streets will force her hand.

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, Bauld said:

We shouldn't struggle to find a good manager/coach to come in and fix this shit.

There's a talented squad here waiting to be put on the right path. It's being ruined at the moment but it is there. 

I would expect a multitude of managers/coaches looking at us and thinking they could work with these players. 

For better or worse they will also be looking at Budge and seeing an owner who will afford them plenty of time as well. That could work both ways for us fans but for a manager coming in it is probably a good sign.

You know football, apparently, so you should tell us who should be next. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Punks No Deid said:

I wouldn’t be unhappy with this 

I'd be pissed off with this.  We ate not a club who should be managed by someone who hasn't done it before.  Managers should've earned the right to manage at our club.  What makes you think that Naismith is ready for this?  

7 minutes ago, corkie64 said:

Would also give him something positive to do, as he rarely is fit to play

We haven't got a clue who will apply let alone get the job. Probably will just depend who is sitting next to Ann at the time.

Might as well fire a few names out, some less serious than others, and none particularly serious. 

Shaun Maloney

Dick Campbell

Ronny Deila

Robbo

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You know football, apparently, so you should tell us who should be next. :rolleyes:

All of us know enough about football to know that you just advertise the job and pick the best candidate among them.

Why the rolled eyes   no need.  

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There's no right or wrong answer. Every manager coming into a club has an element of "gamble" about it just like players. 

Sometimes a club and a manager/player are just a wrong fit even though on paper it should be amazing.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, FruitJuice said:

All of us know enough about football to know that you just advertise the job and pick the best candidate among them.

Why the rolled eyes   no need.  

It was a reference to a comment from Bauld a few weeks ago re football knowledge.

I'd bring Locke in as assistant to whoever the temp caretaker is. 

Gary Naysmith could be a shout on a temp basis? If he turns things round, no problem keeping him on.

SpruceBringsteen

If it's Naismith/Daly/MacPhee I'll lose my ****ing shit. Heart of Midlothian football club are NOT some tinpot outfit giving someone their break. Finding an established manager to work with this squad, with our budget, should be like shooting fish in a barrel. If it means no more DoF, so be it. 

Edit: if it's A PROPUR HERTZ MAN LIKESAY, I'll firebomb Tynecastle. There is not one - not ****ing one - good enough. 

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

If it's Naismith/Daly/MacPhee I'll lose my ****ing shit. Heart of Midlothian football club are NOT some tinpot outfit giving someone their break. Finding an established manager to work with this squad, with our budget, should be like shooting fish in a barrel. If it means no more DoF, so be it. 

Edit: if it's A PROPUR HERTZ MAN LIKESAY, I'll firebomb Tynecastle. There is not one - not ****ing one - good enough. 

I'll give you an alibi as this is :spoton:

ToadKiller Dog

At this moment we need the type of manager who can quickly install confidence not a long term pet project ex player .

Go abroad 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It was a reference to a comment from Bauld a few weeks ago re football knowledge.

I couldn't see anything to know that you were referencing that.  I wouldn't have a go at other fans just now as they are rightly angry.  Things are terrible and unacceptable just now and have been for a long time now.  

If he does go, I'd put Lockie in charge and in the dressing room for the derby and v. Aberdeen. Would give me a little hope for both games and time for applications/appointment to follow. 

If...

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

David Moyes as both DoF and manager 

The same person doing both roles is a joke as we are seeing now.

head coach and scrub DOF imo.

Wouldn’t be averse to Robinson. They worked and pressed really well. Although we gave them 3 goals as per. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’d still like us to appoint Danny Cowley,  and while he’s consolidating Lincoln in League 1 before he gets them promoted next season, I think it’s a possibility. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

I couldn't see anything to know that you were referencing that.  I wouldn't have a go at other fans just now as they are rightly angry.  Things are terrible and unacceptable just now and have been for a long time now.  

I am as angry as you are.

However, my first choice is quite simple - Gary Rowett. Go get him now and allow him to bring in his own staff.

Not Daly or Fox they're tainted by Levein's influence. McPhee can stay on as an interpreter for the Japanese guy.

Advertise the job it's simple.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I'd even take Hecky.😂😂

You are fecking obsessed with the vermin. Can you give it a fecking rest?

pettigrewsstylist
11 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I'd be pissed off with this.  We ate not a club who should be managed by someone who hasn't done it before.  Managers should've earned the right to manage at our club.  What makes you think that Naismith is ready for this?  

Agreed

6 minutes ago, Rabgee said:

Gary Locke & Naismith short term with a proper recruitment process to follow

This please. 

Oh and the proper recruitment process ends with the appointment of David Moyes

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

David Moyes as both DoF and manager 

We should be looking to this. 

Locke, Mcann, Macphee chat is horrific. 

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Agreed

It's so bad just now that how bad hibs are just now is going completely under the radar.   He can't manage another game for us after today.  

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Wouldn’t be averse to Robinson. They worked and pressed really well. Although we gave them 3 goals as per. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’d still like us to appoint Danny Cowley,  and while he’s consolidating Lincoln in League 1 before he gets them promoted next season, I think it’s a possibility. 

Pretty sure he's just got the Sheffield Wednesday job.

Edit: just checked its the Huddersfield Town Job

Edited by jambo89

1 minute ago, OTT said:

This please. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

This please. 

I’d be happy with this.

David Moyes or Neil Warnock. Not sure if Levein can turn this around. Feels like he's not the same manager anymore as his first spell here, has had his time.

Ideally, a manager with no connection. If money is tight for a whole new coaching staff then give some of the guys that's there already a go. Locke with Gary Naysmith as a joint management with Steven Naismith behind the scenes? Not ideal but at least it won't cost us as much as a whole new coaching team.

22 minutes ago, Bauld said:

We need Naismith fit and firing on the pitch. Not distracted by having to manage the team at the same time. 

Being a player manager is an incredibly hard thing to do. Especially when you are playing from the front and most of the game happens behind you.

Not the answer in my opinion. 

He’s constantly injured it would be s good way to get some value for his wage. 

Not sure it's just the manager that needs to go, the day to day coaching isnt good enough either by the looks of it. The football has been rank rotten for a couple of years now.  All these guys were put in place by Levein.