Protests

neilnunb

50 minutes ago, OTT said:

This situation could and should have been avoided with Levein stepping aside during the summer. 

Ridiculous we're in this state. 

This is exactly what should have happened. 

We have a cracking squad, and we have signed some good good players but we just look lost. 

Time to move on.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shed1874

• 1874robbo

• Nookie Bear

• kingantti1874

28 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

He'll get the derby - Loser will lose his job... 

Check out the boy half-heartedly holding up his dad's sign whilst more interested in his phone...That's embarassing stuff too 🙈

image.png.5511622bb6b629d94815239b15ece304.png

That looks like Shelly Kerr on the blower to Ann. I see what's going on here.......

queensferryjambo

I watched a fair bit of the protest. I was over on the school side of the plaza and it looked like nothing but teenagers. Looking at other photos it is clear there is a bit of a mix of age groups. 

I get the chants of 'We want you to go, we want you to go. Craig Levein we want you to go'.I didn't think the protesters done themselves any favours with the 'speccy, speccy get tae ****' chants but I get the point.

The chants of 'sack the board' and 'we're in the wrong hands' were cringe worthy IMO.

If people want Levein out then stick to the agenda and they might get what they want. Start asking for the manager and the board out and IMO they will circle the wagons and get nowhere.

3 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

This is exactly what should have happened. 

We have a cracking squad, and we have signed some good good players but we just look lost. 

Time to move on.

Agree totally with this. But we are where we are .... and it's time for Levein to go. Get a new manager in now to work with what appears to be a good, capable squad.

37 minutes ago, Locky said:

How I feel is neither here nor there. I didn't come here to discuss Levein, I came to throw my tuppence in about why I don't think we should be getting the knives out at the entire board.

This protest will be the most telling thing yet to Budge. It's now her move.

It is her move, and if she doesn't do something, it will be the end of her. 

Just now, queensferryjambo said:

I watched a fair bit of the protest. I was over on the school side of the plaza and it looked like nothing but teenagers. Looking at other photos it is clear there is a bit of a mix of age groups. 

I get the chants of 'We want you to go, we want you to go. Craig Levein we want you to go'.I didn't think the protesters done themselves any favours with the 'speccy, speccy get tae ****' chants but I get the point.

The chants of 'sack the board' and 'we're in the wrong hands' were cringe worthy IMO.

If people want Levein out then stick to the agenda and they might get what they want. Start asking for the manager and the board out and IMO they will circle the wagons and get nowhere.

Agree wholeheartedly with the bit in bold but none of the rest. From reading that am I right in thinking you still back Levein?

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Do you not get that the board are accountable as they've failed in sacking this clown when it was so glaringly obvious he should have been punted a long time ago? It all goes hand in hand.

Well done to everyone that went. At least they did something even if it will no doubt be treated with disdain by Mrs Budge. As long as the hospitality is being looked after then I'm sure she wont give a toss.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Stayed for a watch. Left when they started singing hello hello. Morons. 

God knows what you thought about the morons in Upper G revelling in their wee ‘we’re going down with the Hibees’

We’re shit, we’re underperforming and Levein needs to walk along with the majority of his team, but it will be a cold day in hell when I take any pleasure out of my team struggling

****ing halfwits

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

He'll get the derby - Loser will lose his job... 

Check out the boy half-heartedly holding up his dad's sign whilst more interested in his phone...That's embarassing stuff too 🙈

image.png.5511622bb6b629d94815239b15ece304.png

Oooh, proper signage n everything. 

Making it a family thing as well. 

Cute

queensferryjambo

The board saved this club from going out of existence 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Agree wholeheartedly with the bit in bold but none of the rest. From reading that am I right in thinking you still back Levein?

No I do not back Levein so you are thinking wrongly. I think his time has come and gone.

Bazzas right boot

Speccy, Soeccy get tae ****..... 

Billie boys..... 

Deary me.

I wish these fans that sing this shite would gtf tbh. 

Go with Craig, win win. 

Complete arseholes. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cute

They did well to manufacture that sign in quick time after the game.😉

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Says it all. Folk more bothered by naughty songs by the fact our team is rank and the Board and Head Coach are taking the piss out of the fans. 

No completely wrong. All credibility in a protest goes when the idiots start singing sectarian songs. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Billie boys..... 

Deary me.

Go with Craig, win win. 

Complete arseholes. 

So you want rid of him now then?

least you’ve seen the light.

54 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Imagine going to a protest and singing songs in praise of the billy boys.  Even more ridiculous than moving Clare to right back.

Aye, utter nonsense . 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cute

Give it up Smithie FFS - your man HAS to go!!

3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

The board saved this club from going out of existence 

No I do not back Levein so you are thinking wrongly. I think his time has come and gone.

Sorry it was just the way you said 'if people want Levein gone' made me think you didn't.

Also surely if you want Levein you recognise that the board must either act or go as well. They employed him and they continue to back him. It's borderline incompetence on their behalf. 

They are right at the crossroads for me. Sack the board is premature but it's not cringeworthy. If Craig loses to Hibs and isn't removed from his post before the next game then I'll be in the board and manager to go camp.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Billie boys..... 

Deary me.

Go with Craig, win win. 

Complete arseholes. 

We know and you've spent half your life typing on kickback telling us. 

3 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

Those singing "Sack The board!"

Brain dead, clueless morons.

Why?? The board are the ones responsible for this shambles and their refusal to do nothing about it particularly Mrs Budge. 

queensferryjambo
19 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Do you not get that the board are accountable as they've failed in sacking this clown when it was so glaringly obvious he should have been punted a long time ago? It all goes hand in hand.

I think people are getting 'the board' confused with the CEO.

Do the board members - Finance Director, FOH chairman or non executive directors (legal, operations, finance and accountancy) even have it in their hands to sack Levein. I doubt it. 

Edit - I would also say that some of the board have been very successful in their jobs. They do have different jobs.

Edited by queensferryjambo

She reacted to the Cathro protests immediately.  They were like a school picnic compared to the protests against Levein, so why hasn't she acted decisively and removed him from his post?

Sexton Hardcastle
7 minutes ago, PnG said:

Who cares what they were singing. They made their point and i am proud of them

A scene that will be on national news and all of imports back pages and they sing the usual hun songs. 

Proud of that? Deary me. 

5 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I think people are getting 'the board' confused with the CEO.

Do the board members - Finance Director, FOH chairman or non executive directors (legal, operations, finance and accountancy) even have it in their hands to sack Levein. I doubt it. 

Edit - I would also say that some of the board have been very successful in their jobs. They do have different jobs.

The board can probably remove the CEO...

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She reacted to the Cathro protests immediately.  They were like a school picnic compared to the protests against Levein, so why hasn't she acted decisively and removed him from his post?

Why do you think? 

42 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The “board” are not doing what’s in the interest of this club.  There mustn’t be any Hearts fans that want this to continue 

Correct 

Just now, tolcross lad said:

Its always the young who get started on these things.Every one i spoke to today young and old want him out Most out of the club completely

Maybe for those of us who saw him as a player who spent the best years of his cruelly shortened career with us, this is extremely difficult.  I want him to continue to have a role, this is his club and he played a big part in that wonderful Championship season.  The young team have no such dilemma 

8 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

A scene that will be on national news and all of imports back pages and they sing the usual hun songs. 

Proud of that? Deary me. 

Nobody gives a shit about that sort of thing. Not a single person.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Sack the board? Aye let's rip up the last 5 years and throw the future of it into some other ****s hands because we lost to Motherwell

Are you serious?????

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Sack the board? Aye let's rip up the last 5 years and throw the future of it into some other ****s hands because we lost to Motherwell. 

Aye that's the problem 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not when the CEO is also the majority shareholder. 

I believe the board can vote to “suspend” any member of the board but to remove them from the board, you need a majority of shareholders to vote for that at an AGM. 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I believe the board can vote to “suspend” any member of the board but to remove them from the board, you need a majority of shareholders to vote for that at an AGM. 

I think that is correct as well. 

4 minutes ago, simplesimon said:

Maybe for those of us who saw him as a player who spent the best years of his cruelly shortened career with us, this is extremely difficult.  I want him to continue to have a role, this is his club and he played a big part in that wonderful Championship season.  The young team have no such dilemma 

Like you I saw him play for us and it’s actually heartbreaking to watch it all go tits up and play out like this. Gives me absolutely no joy whatsoever. It’s a sad day indeed as he really does believe he can turn it around despite sharing the worst league run in the clubs history. 

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Billie boys..... 

Deary me.

Go with Craig, win win. 

Complete arseholes. 

This