The Courteeners

Sagan

2 hours ago, Sagan said:

Heavy Jacket Heavy Jacket come on!

I love The Courteeners. Seen them live more than any other band. Heavy Jacket is a terrible song.

10 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Excuse me? 

Third album onwards, they shed all the vim and spunk of their youth and started boring me silly. 

AlphonseCapone
41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Third album onwards, they shed all the vim and spunk of their youth and started boring me silly. 

Like most adults. 

Their style definitely evolved, but I can't agree they got shit Smithee. In some respects their music got better. The most recent album took me longer to get into and won't rank as highly as their earlier stuff but some songs on the album I adore. 

11 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Like most adults. 

Their style definitely evolved, but I can't agree they got shit Smithee. In some respects their music got better. The most recent album took me longer to get into and won't rank as highly as their earlier stuff but some songs on the album I adore. 

Yeah, it's all subjective of course, they have loads of fans so obviously I'm not empirically right. 

I do talk about music like I'm speaking fact though, but it's just because it's such an obviously subjective topic, there's no point putting "IMO" at the end. 

I don't hate them, I know they grew up but they lost what I loved about them and now they bore me. 

Arctic monkeys first album and a select few songs since are good.

Regardless of what song they sing however they are absolute dog shite live.

King of Leon, also terrible live. 

Edited by hughesie27

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think their gig in Princes Street Gardens was the first of the festival events there to sell out. Not nineteen for ever is the only song from them I really know but it is good one that stays in your head a long time. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, it's all subjective of course, they have loads of fans so obviously I'm not empirically right. 

I do talk about music like I'm speaking fact though, but it's just because it's such an obviously subjective topic, there's no point putting "IMO" at the end. 

I don't hate them, I know they grew up but they lost what I loved about them and now they bore me. 

Aye fair enough man. 

Back on the Courteeners, Sycophant is great. I know a lad just like it. 

22 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Like most adults. 

Tend to agree I think AM is one of the Arctic Monkeys best albums. There sound has evolved as they have grown up.

On the original op I liked the first Courteeners album but not really bothered with them after that.