Madness

LeftBack

Nice Leftback, I live in Kentish Town so this band is part of the manor. You might like this - my daughters school is where they shot the famous video for Baggy Trousers. Indeed, to celebrate their performance at Buckingham Palace in 2012, the kids at the school remade the video. 

(Now, ready to feel old? Some of the mums and dads who do drop off today were the same kids in the original video) 

Edited by Deodato

A while back, I saw a film about them and their early years, well worth a watch, great band, offering something different, with a bit of fun.

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Jambothump said:

A while back, I saw a film about them and their early years, well worth a watch, great band, offering something different, with a bit of fun.

Take It or Leave It? Great wee film and the acting is pretty good for a bunch of musicians. I still have the VHS I got for Christmas when I was 12. Apparently John Hasler lives and works in Edinburgh. 

My uncle, an old 80s Skinhead, got me into Madness when I was very young, about 9 or 10. They were the first band I was really into. This would have been about the time they played Madstock at Finsbury Park. I had tapes, CD's, videos and a big poster on my wall. I even talked my mum into getting me a bomber jacket and 10 hole Docs for school (she refused to get me 16 hole). 

Seen them a couple of times over the years and although I don't listen to them as much nowadays, they are still a go-to band at times. I think i still know the Divine Madness track-list off by heart :laugh:

They still seem like a great bunch of lads.  I'll watch this later when the wee one is in bed. 

36 minutes ago, the general said:

That was a scary night

Were you there? I had a heads up it was going to kick off but didn't expect the scale. It was lead story on bbc Scotland the next day

42 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Were you there? I had a heads up it was going to kick off but didn't expect the scale. It was lead story on bbc Scotland the next day

i sure was ... bricking it at the time

folk running around with scaffolding poles hitting randoms

I was there in ‘91 watching all the fun from a balcony area .

First time I’d heard The Farm they were support band , they were superb as well 😎😎

Салатные палочки
3 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Hibs casuals? Seen them ruin a couple of gigs through in Glasgow. Arseholes. 

I’m pleased to say that I have successfully brainwashed my 8 year old with Madness music.

As soon as it’s just me and him in the car he says “Dad, put the Madness CD on”.

Good lad 😁

It’s Queen next :jjyay:

92 ? Not many Mods left by then was casuals v skinheads and ICF chaps if I remember.

Me and my parka stayed oot the way 😀

5 hours ago, Jambothump said:

There's a really good band doing the rounds in Stramash on occasion, Skabab well woth a see.

Skababs are superb 

On 13/09/2019 at 23:20, Deodato said:

(Now, ready to feel old? Some of the mums and dads who do drop off today were the same kids in the original video) 

You sure you dont mean grandparents? It was 40 years go! 

14 hours ago, Marriott said:

92 ? Not many Mods left by then was casuals v skinheads and ICF chaps if I remember.

Me and my parka stayed oot the way 😀

Sure a Motherwell scooter club / gang were involved 

6 hours ago, the general said:

Sure a Motherwell scooter club / gang were involved 

Could be right General, sure I saw the old Saturday Service were involved at Ingliston, and I know there was a few Mods turned casuals still into scooters so the SS probably had a few, scooter scene around then had quite a number of casuals. Especially as Mods and scooterists parted ways for a while, seen quite a few clashes on Mod rallies with casuals from whatever seaside town we were at.