When do they announce Christmas fixture changes

number-16

I see that Megabus now have their tickets now on sale for over the Christmas period.

Given that there's no trains running on boxing day I was about to book tickets down for the derby on boxing day. But it's the sort of fixture that will inevitably get moved for tv.

My question is, when do they usually announce the fixture changes for over Christmas?

Hopefully the sooner the better before prices go up.

1 hour ago, number-16 said:

I see that Megabus now have their tickets now on sale for over the Christmas period.

Given that there's no trains running on boxing day I was about to book tickets down for the derby on boxing day. But it's the sort of fixture that will inevitably get moved for tv.

My question is, when do they usually announce the fixture changes for over Christmas?

I think it’s only the EPL that has ‘semi official’ dates when TV fixtures are confirmed it’s 12th of October for December / January. 

I’m sure announcing these dates is not for the supporters benefit, rather logistic needs of the broadcaster. Therefore I’d guess other leagues ie SPFL & EFL would be around a similar time although slightly later.

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Our home game v Celtic is still Saturday at 3pm? That’ll change surely?

November live games not confirmed yet.

Expect we'll know in next couple of weeks. Notice has been decent more recently.

36 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Our home game v Celtic is still Saturday at 3pm? That’ll change surely?

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

November live games not confirmed yet.

Expect we'll know in next couple of weeks. Notice has been decent more recently.

Hearts v Celtic is scheduled for the Saturday of the Betfred semis, so we’ll be playing Partick that weekend!

I don’t think BT or Sky will be pessimistic enough to announce that game. As for Hibs on Boxing Day, that’s very unlikely to be changed (date at least) as we’re due to play on Sunday 29th against Aberdeen prior to the winter break.

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Hearts v Celtic is scheduled for the Saturday of the Betfred semis, so we’ll be playing Partick that weekend!

I don’t think BT or Sky will be pessimistic enough to announce that game. As for Hibs on Boxing Day, that’s very unlikely to be changed (date at least) as we’re due to play on Sunday 29th against Aberdeen prior to the winter break.

I agree with you in terms of the Boxing Day fixture, I think that is highly unlikely to be moved, most certainly not to another date and I can't imagine they will move the KO time.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

TV games are only confirmed up to the end of October. 

These are EPL dates - probably a few stragglers for November to be confirmed in next couple of days ..

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with you in terms of the Boxing Day fixture, I think that is highly unlikely to be moved, most certainly not to another date and I can't imagine they will move the KO time.

Bloody hope they don't move dates for Boxing day, I've got my rest day pref form to hand back tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Awesomely positive comment ..... ie HMFC vs PTFC - let’s hope so, another cup final would be great!!

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, number-16 said:

Hopefully they will move the Hibs game on Boxing Day, we’ve never beat them on a Thursday.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where did you find that if you don’t mind me asking, good to know 👍🏽.

Google - powerful tool! Try something like, ‘televised football fixtures Sky announcement dates’

11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

These are EPL dates - probably a few stragglers for November to be confirmed in next couple of days ..

So someone posted English dates on a thread asking about Scottish dates.

Braw. Shows English football dominating in people's minds. 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So someone posted English dates on a thread asking about Scottish dates.

Braw. Shows English football dominating in people's minds. 

It was explained why. 

Can you please share the SPFL dates? 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It was explained why. 

Can you please share the SPFL dates? 

Because you love the English Premier League? Some people took it these were the Scottish dates.  

SPFL includes Championship and Leagues One and Two. There are tv fixtures announced for these but this was about Hearts. 

Premiership fixtures are here and SPFL news on same website is where to look for tv games being announced though they get posted quickly on here. 

https://spfl.co.uk/league/premiership/fixtures

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Because you love the English Premier League? Some people took it these were the Scottish dates.  

SPFL includes Championship and Leagues One and Two. There are tv fixtures announced for these but this was about Hearts. 

Premiership fixtures are here and SPFL news on same website is where to look for tv games being announced though they get posted quickly on here. 

https://spfl.co.uk/league/premiership/fixtures

I think you have misunderstood the ‘thread’ and the comments in it .....

ie, when are the Christmas televised fixtures decided / announced???

Purpose, so fans from afar can plan their travel taking advantage of low prices by booking in advance.