*** Heart Of Midlothian fc v Motherwell fc Official Matchday thread ***

Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Baffling. Utterly baffling

That’s it FFS THIS IS LEVEIN TROLLING US IT MUST BE , no other reason for having Maclean and Brandon on from the start 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

I doubt he’d actually say it though but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in his thoughts while picking the team today. 

He’s that arrogant he would say it. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

If Levein even thinks about saying this then I will explode 😂

I certainly would not have him in the dugout for the derby if he did. 

He should be more concerned about getting 3 points today rather than next week. 

Obviously knows if we feck up today his job is safe for the derby. ☹️

10 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Team selection is a bit perplexing but things haven’t been working so maybe a change is needed. Mon the Jambos 🇱🇻

A team with the next two weeks in mind.

1 minute ago, 22games nro said:

Well , that’s a team line up that the manager is obviously thinking about NEXT WEEKS GAME !!!

👍

14 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Hearts have now took the picture off Facebook that was showing the team.

Maybe Budge threatened Levein with an indefinite ban for posting such filth on social media. 

Washington out is the only surprising omission assuming Smith isn't considered fit enough to start.

I don't see the claims that the team has been picked for the following game other than that one.

17 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

I know some are injured and unfit etc but No Naismith, Washington, walker or meshino. Arguably our four best attacking players. I don’t see a lot of goals....

could be be an interesting afternoon 

2 are injured, Washington is just back from international duty and Meshino should be eased in to the side..perfect sense not to have any of them playing

7 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Well , that’s a team line up that the manager is obviously thinking about NEXT WEEKS GAME !!!

Zero pressure felt by him obviously 

Why no Washington?! Weird. Naismith still out. Shit. And no White on bench but Smith is. Surely with a muscle injury, you're fit or you aren't. If he is, he plays. No?

Oh well. Lets see.

Im struggling to get to games at mo, so will be stream searching

7 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Brandon is a liability and will definitely get booked and potentially sent off. 

Playing against Sedorf who was electric last week Brandon won’t last 90 mins 

Just now, TheBigO said:

Why no Washington?! Weird. Naismith still out. Shit. And no White on bench but Smith is. Surely with a muscle injury, you're fit or you aren't. If he is, he plays. No?

Oh well. Lets see.

Im struggling to get to games at mo, so will be stream searching

Try hesgoal

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Washington out is the only surprising omission assuming Smith isn't considered fit enough to start.

I don't see the claims that the team has been picked for the following game other than that one.

Have a look at who starts next week.

Then  look at the side that plays the game before the next derby. Then look at the side who starts the next derby.

You will begin to see a pattern.

AlphonseCapone

I know it's risky to slag the team selection before the game as you might end up looking stupid, but I'd be lying if I said that team made me feeling anything other than meh. 

And folk saying maybe he's thinking about the Hibs game. What absolute shite. Resting players 8 days in advance of a game? Maybe they need to toughen the **** up if that's the case. 

If they put Seedorf up against Brandon we’re in for a long afternoon. 

Hickey made him look like a speedboat without a rudder but Brandon’s positional sense is no where near as good - he’ll bring him down early and be on a yellow for the remainder of the afternoon.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Agree. Midfield is the same, Brandon is back up for Smith so not sure why people would be surprised to see him replace Smith who isn't fit. Would assume setting up as 442

MacLean starting over Washington is the only one i'm not sure about.

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

I know it's risky to slag the team selection before the game as you might end up looking stupid, but I'd be lying if I said that team made me feeling anything other than meh. 

And folk saying maybe he's thinking about the Hibs game. What absolute shite. Resting players 8 days in advance of a game? Maybe they need to toughen the **** up if that's the case. 

Aberdeen league cup midweek?

I've never seen a Hearts manager change tactics and rotate players more than Levein has done this year. Every single week theres are a few changes. No wonder the players look lost.

I actually wouldnt be disappointed with a defeat today if it hurries a change of stewardship.

With that team we aren't going to see nice football today, that's for sure. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Aberdeen league cup midweek?

That's a week on Wednesday, after the Hibs game. Will playing today really make a difference? 

Edited by AlphonseCapone
Wrong day

cardboardcutout

If the back up players are not good enough then they shouldn't be in the squad!  Naismith will never be consistently 100% fit now so will be a bit part player.Uche has to get his finger out and improve and hopefully whelans influence will start to tell more.

17 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

We also have a derby next week which could be why Smith, Damour, Washington and Meshino are on the bench.

Get beat today and what will that do to the confidence of the team going into the derby. We've got to win as many games as possible and that is not a team that will scare the opposition or inspire the fans. We need our best 11 on the park at all times and only injuries, suspensions or poor form should be the only reasons to change it. These are professional footballers who should be able to play 90 minutes today regardless if they played 90 minutes in midweek. 

SN a big concern for me as right now I cannot see him playing 2 to 3 consecutive games. Even one is a struggle!

Edited by Turkishcap

Some on here need to think a bit

There are players such as White who are injured so the full backs pick themselves given Smith is on his way back from injury and will not be 100%..you can argue whether he should be on the bench if not but otherwise there is little choice in the full back positions

The rest of the defence is what the vast majority would have named

Up front the only real question mark is Maclean. Uche has trained well and is now fully recovered and with Washington playing midweek putting him on the bench makes sense..he's hardly scored a bundle for us in any case

Glad to see Morrison back in the frame

It's not my first 11 but it makes sense given injuries and circumstances

PS plenty moaning but no alternatives offered especially re Brandon

Edited by CJGJ

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

An Absolute classic Levein “you won’t tell me what to do” side. Utter dross. 

Reeks of it. We have a problem, im sure now!

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Some on here need to think a bit

There are players such as White who are injured so the full backs pick themselves given Smith is on his way back from injury and will not be 100%..you can argue whether he should be on the bench if not but otherwise there is little choice in the full back positions

The rest of the defence is what the vast majority would have named

Up front the only real question mark is Maclean. Uche has trained well and is now fully recovered and with Washington playing midweek putting him on the bench makes sense..he's hardly scored a bundle for us in any case

Glad to see Morrison back in the frame

It's not my first 11 but it makes sense given injuries and circumstances

Can you think of another central defender in our league who could make as many errors as Berra and start every single game?

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

SN a big concern for me as right now I cannot see him playing 2 to 3 consecutive games. Even one is a struggle!

Was always gonna be likely imo. We needed plan B. Presume its walker washington.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Can you think of another central defender in our league who could make as many errors as Berra and start every single game?

So all of that and you mention Berra...who else would you play ?

9 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Playing against Sedorf who was electric last week Brandon won’t last 90 mins 

Brandon has no speed, will resort to fouling until he is red carded.  Why have Smith on the bench, either he is fit or he is not.

This is my last game of giving Levein unconditional support.