Funny memories at Tynecastle

hueyview

Mind Zico squafing a clearance (as usual) into the crowd at Falkirk (I think) hit the old boy with the macaroon bars tray... sent it up in the air and a 50 man brawl kicked off scrambling for his goods with the wee man at the bottom of the pile trying to save his macaroon bars! Wasn’t much left by the time he got up so he stood and watched for anyone eating his bars only to be hit again on the nut by another zico clearance!

Edited by Rudy T

46 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Anything Sinky was involved in.

Remember the wee man starting a chorus of “if you hate my ****ing mother in law clap your hands” at Firhill once 😂😂😂

The VfB Stuttgart game and one of their players goes down with a high pitched scream, the Ref ignores him and as the play rages past him he sheepishly gets to his feet, just then, a famous Hearts pie (with foil still attached) hits him square on the back of his coconut, he turns, enraged, towards the lower seats in the wheatfield only  to see two or three kids laughing and giving him the 'come on then' signs, absolutely buckled I was.:biglaugh:

Edited by jamboozy

Doctor FinnBarr

Going back many a year (well the mid 80s), Blackburn/Whitburn Hearts used Browning of Whitburn to travel to games and rather than park in Russell Road with the rest of the buses we'd park behind the Brownings of Edinburgh yard near the Westfield, it was easier to exit the toon from there.

Anyway, when leaving Tynie myself and a few mates would exit into McLeod Street then walk along Gorgie which was fine apart from Rangers/Celtic/Hibs games when we had to walk through the hoards of away fans either heading to Haymarket or Leef. One particular game against the green demons there was only me and a mate together (lets call him Onjy). We got to Gorgie Road road just as 2 plod horses were marching side by side heading west through "them" so we followed as they were creating a path for us. Now Onjy is kinda tall and I'm not so he was speaking down talking to me when both horses stopped without him noticing and just as he turned round he found himself walking into a horses arse just as it decided to fart.It clung to his long hair it seems!

Our normal Saturday was Hearts, home, fed and off to the Dreddy in Bathgate on the 8.15 bus, Onjy missed the bus that night, seems he had to wash his hair 3/4 times before the smell left 😂

Watching some hearts fans throw tatties into the Celtic end back in the 70s and hitting some rhebel square in the face. Thought it was the funniest thing I’d ever see as a kid. 

Edited by Katz

Dave McPherson going on a silky run down the right wing, beats one, beats two (might even have been three!), gets everyone's hopes up "holy crap he's not a donkey!" then it runs out of play as he kind of stumbles an attempt at crossing and misses. 

The details might not be quite right with the mists of time but I'll never forget how hard me and my brother laughed.

In reply to @Robbo-Jambo and @Fort Vallance posts above. I’m reliably informed by the younger Mr Mackay (my cousin) that Kenny Black was taking a throw in just in front of him and some boy at the back of the Enclosure was giving KB dogs abuse. Gary’s brother, about 15 at the time, decided to turn round and say you’d be better if at Easter Road ya &@££@! At the end of the game the boy (say boy but he was probably in his mid 30’s) ran down to the front of the Enclosure and pushed him in the back and said square go. Just as he was squaring up to him Gary saves his bacon by jumping on the fence and got the polis to lift the boy😂. He thanked Gary later but said if the boy had been giving him abuse he would nae have bothered saying anything - it was only cos it was Kenny Black 😂 

Tell you what though, my cousins and I have a lot to thank our grandads for. They both ensured that Hearts were ingrained into us all from a young age and the rest, as they say, is history....👍👍👍

Edited by Swanny17

11 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Remember the wee man starting a chorus of “if you hate my ****ing mother in law clap your hands” at Firhill once 😂😂😂

I was upstairs on a bus heading to Middletons early doors before a derby. He gets on at Haymarket draped in a Union Jack and as he’s coming up the stairs he breaks into a very loud rendition of Don’t you wish your girlfriend was hot like me by pussycat dolls (except changed girlfriend for boyfriend). The shock of the punters on the bus was what made it so funny. 

12 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Not quite correct. Nothing to do with Kenny Black. Gary's brother was getting a bit of grief. Correct about the fence though. Like Pasquale trying to scale the fence in Italy to get the ref.

All a bit hazy, it was that long ago 😏

KB seemed to be involved though, see Swannys post. 

Hibs 'Relegation Party'...one of the funniest moments ever, only beaten by Hamilton relegating them...If Carlsberg did football?

22 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Davie Cooper taking a corner at the shed and getting hit by a bag of chips was rather amusing.

I remember pies being thrown at him there when he played for Rangers. Didn't find it too funny at the time, as where I was stood, down towards that corner, they flew pretty close to me. :D 

15 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Anything Sinky was involved in.

Can mind being at dundee united away, think we got pumped 3-0, sinky sitting arguing with united fans behind the goal using every word possible to insult Lorraine Kelly 😂.

Brilliant guy RIP

Matthew Le Tissier

A game vs Celtic. Boy in the back row of G threw a potato and this was a thing of beauty. It scudded Stokes right in the back and he was raging, Palezelos was next to him as it happened and stamped on said spud to hide any evidence 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

A game vs Celtic. Boy in the back row of G threw a potato and this was a thing of beauty. It scudded Stokes right in the back and he was raging, Palezelos was next to him as it happened and stamped on said spud to hide any evidence 😂😂😂

Was it a wee Jersey Royal or one of baked potato size?  No need to say what one I hope it was.

Салатные палочки
10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Dave McPherson going on a silky run down the right wing, beats one, beats two (might even have been three!), gets everyone's hopes up "holy crap he's not a donkey!" then it runs out of play as he kind of stumbles an attempt at crossing and misses. 

The details might not be quite right with the mists of time but I'll never forget how hard me and my brother laughed.

Was that against Killie at Rugby Park? I can remember a similar big Slim mazy happening there with a similar outcome. 

15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Was that against Killie at Rugby Park? I can remember a similar big Slim mazy happening there with a similar outcome. 

Definitely Tynie but I don't remember much else tbh